Mini 1543--Natirasha's On Parole!(Game Over)

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:20 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

selkies wrote:This was GF's first substantive post
define "substantive" - if you mean talking about reads, yeah sure, but i quite liked his first (was it his first?) post where he talked about the katsuki stuff and theorised about scum team's size etc - i dunno, it gave me mild town vibes
selkies wrote:There's a lot of hedge to some of these reads, and his vote choice (us) looked opportunistic both for the reasoning (including parroting complaints that other players made to get us to change our posting style and frequency, but calling it scummy) and the timing
most early game reads are hedged to some degree? and his reasoning may have been somewhat opportunistic, but i'm kinda meh on that. a lot of the stuff about hydras reminded me a little of cash cabd hopefullycynical - i mean, hopefullycynical never voted a hydra for it buttttt the general approach to hydras felt similar. also i'm slightly biased because everything goodfather said about your early game was what i was already thinking - you guys did spam up the first 6 pages with shit that wasn't relevant and no matter what orcinus says about moving out of RVS i don't think it was helpful at all

as for timing, meh
selkies wrote:This post also bugged me when it hit the thread because of how reactive it was.
i don't get why it bugged you. if anything, the reaction looks kinda townish to me? it'd be easy for him to just back off and apologise but getting all antsy about it looked kinda townish? at least i think so
selkies wrote:This is a reaction to orcinus. It looks to me like he knew that the “oooh hydra – unknown = scum” read is weak and shallow. So why not build on the case? And why not work to develop a better read.
i think that's what he was doing? at least his opinion on you looked similar to my own at the time and there was nothing much more to add to it i think.
selkies wrote:This once again feels like he was using irritability that others expressed as a leaping-off-point.
i haven't checked how his read on katsuki progressed but given how many people didn't like katsuki's prod dodging i'm not reading too much into it. he may have been sheeping general opinion, or he may not have been. you could make a similar argument for a lot of people being scummy for this, so uh... meh
selkies wrote:his reason for voting Katsuki – that he had been following the crowd wrt to our wagon – was false, and actually fits his own voting behavior better than Katsuki's
people are often ignorant of their own faults (except me because i have none)

i mean... all this said he *might* be scum and i could just be really, really shit at reading him but i don't think he's scum and nothing here would sway me
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:29 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

selkies wrote:This was his beginning stance of day 2. No comment the two competing wagons that ended in Ross' lynch at the end of the day. Nothing about the huge discussion of my meta and the NK choice. 2 flips and another wagon on us, and none of it appears to have affected his take from day 1.
why is this scummy?

like i get not commenting on stuff and whatever, but generally i associate being consistent with reads as more a stubborn town thing
selkies wrote:I want to know where in this:

viewtopic.php?t=37251&f=2&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&user_select%5B%5D=23421&user_select%5B%5D=0&user_select%5B%5D=0&user_sort=Go

he found the data to develop a scum read, especially since his other reads have been so influenced by other players' irritabilities.
i dunno why goodfather was scum reading kaboooom, but i had minor feelings about kaboooom being scum - mostly on the possibility that you're town and his vote on you actually
was
opportunistic. ftr, if one of you and nacho flips scum, the other is prob town for this (assuming the very likely scenario that this is single faction)
selkies wrote:He's acknowledging most of the lynch sentiment there was policy, but he said he was reading katsuki as scum
i get the feeling he was talking about other people's stances on katsuki, not his own? and hopping off a lynch that isn't happening is fairly standard?
selkies wrote:And as I mentioned earlier, this post, asking for my read and ending it with a "whoever I'm talking to" felt discrediting.
how was that discrediting?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:30 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

there are certain things that goodfather has done that i think look town but i really can't be bothered going over his iso atm

are we mass claiming?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:34 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

i was in one of my rare moods where i actually feel like posting shit tonight. see you again in two or three weeks for another night like this ~back to lurking~
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:26 am

Post by Guyett »

Scum is within {Aronis or IK, Selkies, Nacho, goodfather}
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:41 am

Post by Guyett »

VOTE: Selkies

Not liking how fast their wagon disintegrated yesterday.

In post 1977, Cabd wrote:Okay. If you flip town i'll let you direct the shot. Name your target, and we'll mercylynch ya.
In post 1979, Selkies wrote:
In post 1977, Cabd wrote:Okay. If you flip town i'll let you direct the shot. Name your target, and we'll mercylynch ya.
GF.
If selkies flips town GF is a good vig kill imo
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:41 am

Post by Guyett »

That was L-1
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:45 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

their wagon disintegrated because i unvoted and i was the only one with a real reason for voting them

*shrug*

don't think it means anything when the rest of the wagon was aronis (who voted for ???), kaboooom (who voted for ???), katsuki (who is katsuki) and goodfather (who unvoted because the wagon was basically dead)
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:53 am

Post by Guyett »

Also claimed vt and wagon analysis tomorrow would be very interesting regardless of alignment
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:03 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

unvote for a bit in case some derp comes along and quickhammers to prove a point

if goodfather is going to be viged on a selkies town flip, he should claim first
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:11 am

Post by Guyett »

UNVOTE:

My vote is effectively there stilll
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:17 am

Post by Selkies »

In post 2088, zMuffinMan wrote:why are there so many long posts :<

i think i read somewhere selkies (maybe?) saying something about aronis being too aggressive to be scum or something.

this is one of the only reasons i'm hesitant to vote him atm. coz like, everything else he's doing makes me think scum.

also don't really think that all three of {selkies, nacho, aronis} are town
ffery-head said that. orcinus wanted to vote Aronis.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:27 am

Post by Selkies »

In post 2094, zMuffinMan wrote:
selkies wrote:This is you abdicating responsibility for your vote
do you think ns is scum? or...?
I think the post looked pretty scummy. Overall, since the replace-in and day 1 scrambles, he's been pretty quiet. The post was one of the few where he even mentioned me. There was another where he added me as a "maybe" to his scumpile IIRC.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:52 am

Post by Selkies »

In post 2096, zMuffinMan wrote:
selkies wrote:He may be right but the bluster and aggressiveness looks newbtown to me.
this is the quote i remember skimming over earlier. thing is, some of the more recent things he said in the neighbourhood (prior to him saying he wasn't going to post there anymore) came off as rather indignant - like he thought he had a point and was in the right. he was talking about how it's only the neighbours who see him as scum and he thinks i'm being contradictory by pointing out that although he upped his activity today a lot of the shit he's writing is fluff that is useless for getting a read on him <- he never fully elaborated on how this makes any sense but whatever

i'm also trying to figure out whether or not it's likely he'd vote nacho at the end of D1 instead of voting ross for survival reasons. meh. not a strong point here but i'm thinking about what happened at the end of yesterday and that stuck out as weird.
selkies wrote:I really do think nacho's town.
why?
gut. :/

I dunno. I've been terrible at reading him. In fact, touhou and marketplace suggest that when you two are both on the same scum team, my reads of both of you are terrible.
also i would like to see your answers to the questions cabd asked in the spoiler. i see no pro-town reason for avoiding those questions
You're apparently not alone.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:01 am

Post by Selkies »

In post 2102, zMuffinMan wrote:there are certain things that goodfather has done that i think look town but i really can't be bothered going over his iso atm
If you ignore my read after I flip town, I will have issues. Unless you're the scum in the neighborhood, but I kinda doubt that.
are we mass claiming?
If my lynch is set in stone I don't think anyone else should claim today.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:05 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

selkies wrote:Unless you're the scum in the neighborhood, but I kinda doubt that.
why even say this then?

coz i don't care about dead people reads except in-so-far-as i can see their logic and i agree with it (which i clearly don't)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:07 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

besides, if cabd viges him then why does it matter what i think?

so again, why even say that?
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:08 am

Post by Selkies »

In post 2115, zMuffinMan wrote:
selkies wrote:Unless you're the scum in the neighborhood, but I kinda doubt that.
why even say this then?

coz i don't care about dead people reads except in-so-far-as i can see their logic and i agree with it (which i clearly don't)
So you don't consider the confirmed townness of a dead player's reads?
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:10 am

Post by Selkies »

In post 2116, zMuffinMan wrote:besides, if cabd viges him then why does it matter what i think?

so again, why even say that?
That's an IF.

But, I think your first reply was enough, and will be something to remember/check.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:11 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

i don't care about other people's reads

only care about them if i can see where they're coming from and it makes sense that i could be wrong - but generally i ignore it in favour of my own reads

only time i'd ever consider a dead person's reads is if i thought they were really, really, really good at reading X player and i'm really, really, really bad at it. and even then i'd try to form my own opinion, sooooooooooooo at most i'd take their points into consideration and see whether i agree with their perspective

same as when i deal with living players i don't know the alignment of. makes no different to me. if i think a point is valid, i think a point is valid. if i don't, i don't.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:13 am

Post by Guyett »

Muffin you still think Aronis is likely scum within your neighbourhood if there is scum there?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:15 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

if there is scum, yes.

if idiotking posted more i'd feel a lot more confident in my town read there. it's not the strongest, but there are a decent amount of things that i think are far more likely to come from him as town than him as scum (both in thread and in qt)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:33 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1204, Nachomamma8 wrote:i'm so town that i went to the doctor and he was like "your shit is green, that's a horrible thing to happen to someone" and I was like "no it's because I'm town".
this seems inappropriate and not very funny at all

do you think nacho would make a joke like that as town? i dunno. seems like something someone is more likely to say as scum than town
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:36 am

Post by Selkies »

inorite? Who would make a joke like that?
In post 834, zMuffinMan wrote:
nacho wrote:can't teach the dumb new tricks, muffin
sorry
that's ok i wasn't planning to read anything you wrote to me anyway

have you got a read on me, yet? i'm so town even my shit is green. i went to a doctor and he was like, "nah dw about it, you're just really town!"
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:42 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

that was contextually different

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”