inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:52 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

In post 1417, Nero Cain wrote:lol @ shroom suddenly being online as soon as I vote him.
In post 1445, Chevre wrote:so why is your pledge to join the largest wagon exempt from your apparent disdain for deadline lynches seen in 1364? So deadline lynches are bad but they are better than no lynch? I just don't get what you mean by "advocate a deadline lynch"; it's not like anyone intentionally wants to wait until the last moment and then push a sub-par lynch quickly and shoddily.
This is town as well.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:37 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Not voting (3) - Chevre, kabooooom, Matias

Yeah... you three need to vote.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:43 am

Post by Sotty7 »

So, Aegor is still probably town.

Reading though his ISO there are a couple of things that I kinda almost hate. An unexplained vote on Chreve, the way he abandons his good early pressure on Garmr for an easier ABR vote. Also his vote on himself is terrible, even more so after he made a point to comment on emo’s “almost self hammer” back on day one. I also don’t like the Thor vote.

His votes on Chreve/ABR/NS could be explained away by this comment on wanting to lynch all “lurk sacks” and his desire to achieve a lynch. He takes stands against both the emo and Eld wagons which I heavily agree with and even though he is bouncing around I don’t really get any scum vibes from his moves, it’s hard to explain because Thor is right. There is no real pressure from him to make people vote his lynch targets, but I’m not feeling the undercurrent of scum motivation either.

I would like him to explain the differance between this post and this one. I have a idea, but would like it in his own words. Also some clarity on his Chreve vote would be good. The back and forth between him and Thor just feels like two frustrated townies that are tangled up together.
In post 1373, Thor665 wrote:so the question to debate is - are the above listed actions because he's scum, or because he's a weak player who has become offended at me on a personal level and stopped playing the game?
I don't think I would say "weak" but I do think he has allowed himself to become overly frustrated with the game state and wants to provoke something,
anything
even if that means a vote on himself for example.

I guess it basically comes down to when I read his posts all together I can see where he is coming from and I don't feel like he is actively looking for his next move, it just feels like natural transitions at times. He feels genuine when he posts, even if I don't agree with him all the time.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:58 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Unvote

Vote Nobody Special
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:15 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Next up is NS

As expected his ISO is pretty empty, but he does post a few stances here and there. Lazy votes on both emo and Chreve and perhaps ABR although he has stuck with this one lately. One thing that sticks in my craw is when he accuses me of coaching emo. Despite it being a dumb accusation, I don't see scumNS sticking his head out and making himself a target of mine. It just goes against scum survival instincts, even more so when you have a meta of lurking and can just bury your head in the sand. It just seems risky.
In post 1003, The Fonz wrote:A) Being on both emo and chevre
B) Self-admitted coasting
C) Emerging from a lurk to place a useless vote
D) Showing up at the deadline and not providing an opinion
E) Votes the flavor of the week wagon this morning with no reasoning.
Out of all of these D is probably the biggest felony B, C and E are all hallmark NS tactics. I guess I'm just not moved by this wagon. I get it, I understand it and if push comes to shove I will likely join it. But it's not compelling to me by a long shot.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:22 am

Post by Aegor »

In post 1452, Sotty7 wrote:Reading though his ISO there are a couple of things that I kinda almost hate. An unexplained vote on Chreve, the way he abandons his good early pressure on Garmr for an easier ABR vote.
My Chevre vote has no real explanation that I can remember. I do not even remember my early pressure on Garmr, and I could lynch ABR with no regrets. Frankly, a game of this size is very difficult for me to manage, which is why I want to whittle it down, but I will try my best to keep track of everyone.

His votes on Chreve/ABR/NS could be explained away by this comment on wanting to lynch all “lurk sacks” and his desire to achieve a lynch.
Yes.

I would like him to explain the differance between this post and this one. I have a idea, but would like it in his own words.
I have advocated for self-hammers in other games when the deadline is looming. Self-hammering because of frustration is just silly.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:41 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Are you willing to vote with me on ABR right now?
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:47 am

Post by Aegor »

No. NS is closer to a lynch but several votes.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:47 am

Post by Aegor »

*by
M A S Q U E R A D E
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:50 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Fair enough. I forgot you moved off Thor, I was working off the last VC.

Unvote, vote: ABR

The lurking. The lack of passion. The POE. The deadline. All good reasons why my vote is moving here.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:51 am

Post by Aegor »

It takes nine votes to lynch. Your desired lynch is voted. Vote NS and I will vote ABR tomorrow.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:56 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I'll consider it.

Hey Fonz, what's your read on bulb right now?
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:03 am

Post by Aegor »

We have less than two days to deadline. If we have a no lynch that could have been avoided my vote will be on you until one of us is dead.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:19 am

Post by Sotty7 »

There won't be a no lynch. I'll promise you that.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Sland is so stupid. I'm glad you guys lynched him.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by Zdenek »

It's on!
Vote: ABR
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:49 pm

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 2.12

Nobody Special (5) - The Fonz, emeraldemon, Albert B. Rampage, Aegor, Bulbazak
Albert B. Rampage (3) - Nobody Special, Sotty7, Zdenek
Bulbazak (2) - inHimshallibe, Garmr
Aegor (1) - Thor665
Nero Cain (1) - Zekrom25
Sotty7 (1) - HighShroomish
HighShroomish (1) - Nero Cain

Not voting (3) - Chevre, kabooooom, Matias

With seventeen players alive, it takes nine votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day Two is Friday, 21st February 20.00 GMT, (in (expired on 2014-02-21 20:00:00)).

Note:

Still looking for a replacement for Zekrom25.
Thor665 is V/LA from 18th to 21st Feb.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:53 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm mostly skimming right now but that emogirl wagon is/was craptastic, I guarantee there's scum on it. I'd be fine with an ABR lynch.
In post 264, Maestro wrote:
In post 263, emogirl123 wrote:Town makes bad emotional posts when they are annoyed with another player. Scum hesitates and consider if what they are posting will be subject to scrutiny.
...please go back to the Road to Rome if you think this is true even most of the time...because it's really not...
I hope you are reading the dead thread 'cause this is a pile of dog shit. There are a shitload of players like me, Tammy, Hana that get pretty emotional at times. Also scum do worry more about how their posts come across.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:45 pm

Post by HighShroomish »

Holy crap, I found a daG. Nero, why didn't you think the emo wagon was scummy? Why did you think Slandaar was being stupid and as an extension of that, could you explain in more detail why you thought he was a good lynch?

Also- Thor, you didn't "start" the Aegor wagon. You voted him and so did Bulba, then poof, no votes on Aegor. Then, once the Aegor wagon seems like it could actually have potential- "HEY GUYZ REMEMBER I STARTED THIS!!! YEAH!! MAKE SURE YOU REMEMBER THIS WAS BECAUSE OF ME!!!" No. No. No. Adding to the fact that I had BS as scum, you're not helping yourself. You also jumped on the ABR wagon then jumped off once it started gaining steam. That's not as important, but should be noted.

Okay, still not done. Whoever is in Maestro's slot- I'm going to find out who you are I. About five minutes, then have an eye on you all game, specifically because pg. 11 just looked like a weird "I'm gonna call you out for this, so you can give a decent(yet obvious)response" which she did, then he says you're stupid if you say that, go away. I didn't see what any of that accomplished. At all.

Okay. Last one. I think.
NS has been here, but not here, if you not what I mean. He'll come around, blah blah blah, you've probably all heard this before, and if you haven't, you need to read(THOR.)
VOTE: NS
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

What's a daG? The emo wagon was scummy 'cause my slot it town and I highly highly doubt that a serious wagon was all town + like there were a ton of shitty votes at the tail end.

When Slan started going on about multiball I started banging my head on my desk. I don't even know why he was lynched yet but I'm glad I don't have to read him anymore.

Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:11 pm

Post by Matias »

FTR: I'm really trying to get into this game but it's really hard to with extremely little confirmable information (no special roles) and with current affairs going on. I understand that we only have less than 2 days to get to deadline, I've been skimming but that's about it.

The only thing I have to say currently is that I'm not willing to lynch ABR.
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

then who do you want dead?

Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:15 pm

Post by Aegor »

Then vote NS, Matias. At worst he is deadweight.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

bulb, what are your reads on thor, Zekrom, sotty, inhim and highshroomish.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

bulb, what are your reads on thor, Zekrom, sotty, inhim and highshroomish.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”