Open 548-WiFom City: The Invasion (Over)

MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:17 pm

Post by MTD »

Also "randomly dropped in activity" doesn't really apply here. I was busy IRL, my activity in my other games dropped off somewhat as well.
still the same old MTD
Dragon Alliance
Dragon Alliance
Townie
Dragon Alliance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by Dragon Alliance »

I don't look at your other games because I don't care about them since they have no baring on this game. You magically appeared when I voted you which was kind of nifty. I should vote the other people and see if they show up too.

How is answering for someone else town motivated? I guess I could see you attacking me with the other posts but it still came off as you trying to defend what Hoopla did. There are three reasons to defend someone in my opinion. 1. They are your scum partner and you don't think they can deal with the pressure. 2. You want town points from the person you are defending. 3. You think the person is town no matter what and you think their lynch is outstandingly wrong.

Which do you fit into there?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by notscience »

VOTE: puppy

I don't think you guys are actually scum but I figure a good old fashioned tunnelfight should get htis game going

~Mod comment: In case Rotweiller changes his avatar, this is a vote for them.
Last edited by Titus on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by MTD »

In post 176, Dragon Alliance wrote:I don't look at your other games because I don't care about them since they have no baring on this game. You magically appeared when I voted you which was kind of nifty. I should vote the other people and see if they show up too.

How is answering for someone else town motivated? I guess I could see you attacking me with the other posts but it still came off as you trying to defend what Hoopla did. There are three reasons to defend someone in my opinion. 1. They are your scum partner and you don't think they can deal with the pressure. 2. You want town points from the person you are defending. 3. You think the person is town no matter what and you think their lynch is outstandingly wrong.

Which do you fit into there?
None. I don't think Hoopla is outstandingly town, but neither do I think the points brought up against her are valid, that's why I defended her there.
Sooo, I am not sold on her being town, but I definitely want cases from people voting there (and generally), so if they don't give any, or ones that don't hold, I am gonna call them out for that, that's part of my scumhunting, y'know?
still the same old MTD
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Post by MTD »

In post 176, Dragon Alliance wrote:You magically appeared when I voted you which was kind of nifty.
Actually, no.
I did "appear" earlier on that same page.
still the same old MTD
Dragon Alliance
Dragon Alliance
Townie
Dragon Alliance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:18 pm

You should still let people have the opportunity to defend themselves. They could slip and say something stupid or have a defense that very clearly makes them town. There are many reasons to let someone defend themselves and not butt in. It felt like you were trying to hinder my scum hunting. While I might not be the best I don't just do stuff for shits and giggles.

@ns:
How is you voting them going to trigger a tunnel fight? Also, don't you normally tunnel as scum rather than town?

-Beast
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 177, notscience wrote:VOTE: puppy

I don't think you guys are actually scum but I figure a good old fashioned tunnelfight should get htis game going
this seems kind of pointless if you're going to preempt your vote with "i don't think you guys are scum". how is this reaction test supposed to do anything?
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:26 pm

Post by Shockwave Rider »

UNVOTE: VOTE: notscience

This looks like fishing for towncred.
First we had the legs race. Then we had the arms race. Now we're going to have the brain race. And, if we're lucky, the final stage will be the human race.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:27 pm

Also I don't like that Rottweiler hasn't responded to my question about their scumreads.
First we had the legs race. Then we had the arms race. Now we're going to have the brain race. And, if we're lucky, the final stage will be the human race.
Profont
Profont
Townie
Profont
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:23 pm

Post by Profont »

In post 157, Aisa wrote:
In post 136, Profont wrote: Why did you vote for us?

I don't really understand you question. Proph doesn't like the way the extra words are used to pad Sakura's post. I disagree, as the extra wording seems to be a normal part of Sakura's posting style.
Partly random vote, but I also don't agree with Proph's stance on Sakura and wanted to get a better feel for the reasoning behind it.

My question means "What does her extra wording tell you? Do you think that is scummy?"
A pressure vote then. I'll let Proph answer this, though the answer to the second question should be obvious. He wouldn't have voted for Sakura if he didn't think it was scummy.
In post 171, Aisa wrote:Quick question:
@Font, do you think that Aronis randomly picking some town reads is scummy? Why/why not?
I'll let you know after he responds.

MTD is likely town.

notscience: You seem to be voting for town reads. Do you have any scumreads?
-font
Rottweiler
Rottweiler
Goon
Rottweiler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:32 pm

Post by Rottweiler »

In post 183, Shockwave Rider wrote:Also I don't like that Rottweiler hasn't responded to my question about their scumreads.
I kind of did, through my question. ;)
Sakura, Aisa, Albert. We also don't feel so good about Aronis and ns.

~Wis
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:54 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

You suspect me Aisa and Sakura? Why?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:01 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 157, Aisa wrote:
In post 147, iamausername wrote:profont's vote on aronis is v. bad (protip: scum will avoid admitting scuminess as much as possible, not blithely announce it as soon as someone questions them)
What makes you believe that? How likely do you think that this is indeed the case with Aronis (and that he isn't trying to trick us all)?
like, basic common sense? scum are trying to hide the fact that they are scum. that's kind of the entire basis of the game.
i think if Aronis is trying to trick us into thinking he is a competent town player, he is doing a pretty piss-poor job of it.

what do YOU think of Aronis?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:13 am

Post by notscience »

In post 181, Hoopla wrote:

this seems kind of pointless if you're going to preempt your vote with "i don't think you guys are scum". how is this reaction test supposed to do anything?
Because we spend time arguing and then gauge how people react to it

But it does jack shit now
In post 182, Shockwave Rider wrote:UNVOTE: VOTE: notscience

This looks like fishing for towncred.
In post 184, Profont wrote:
In post 157, Aisa wrote:
In post 136, Profont wrote: Why did you vote for us?

I don't really understand you question. Proph doesn't like the way the extra words are used to pad Sakura's post. I disagree, as the extra wording seems to be a normal part of Sakura's posting style.
Partly random vote, but I also don't agree with Proph's stance on Sakura and wanted to get a better feel for the reasoning behind it.

My question means "What does her extra wording tell you? Do you think that is scummy?"
A pressure vote then. I'll let Proph answer this, though the answer to the second question should be obvious. He wouldn't have voted for Sakura if he didn't think it was scummy.
In post 171, Aisa wrote:Quick question:
@Font, do you think that Aronis randomly picking some town reads is scummy? Why/why not?
I'll let you know after he responds.

MTD is likely town.

notscience: You seem to be voting for town reads. Do you have any scumreads?
-font
Not really, I have townreads though
In post 185, Rottweiler wrote:
In post 183, Shockwave Rider wrote:Also I don't like that Rottweiler hasn't responded to my question about their scumreads.
I kind of did, through my question. ;)
Sakura, Aisa, Albert. We also don't feel so good about Aronis and ns.

~Wis
YOU WONT TALK TO ME SO BITE ME
Rottweiler
Rottweiler
Goon
Rottweiler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:32 am

Post by Rottweiler »

In post 186, Albert B. Rampage wrote:You suspect me Aisa and Sakura? Why?
Mainly because you're doing nothing, and I don't buy apathy as an excuse. I didn't like your either, as I feel it was forced for some towncred.

Sakura because her response to her wagon and to my pushing in particular doesn't match her town-meta and what I'd expect from her. I see no frustration, no caring, no OMGUSing her wagoners, nothing. And she is also doing nothing. She didn't even explain her Dragons scumread when she voted them.

Aisa because her attempt to push us in the beginning felt really weak, and her taking it back after she saw that she cannot do it felt scummy. Town don't back off so easily. Scum can act and fool you, after all. I don't feel any of her other posts has anything particularly town in it either.

~Wis
Rottweiler
Rottweiler
Goon
Rottweiler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:33 am

Post by Rottweiler »

In post 188, notscience wrote:YOU WONT TALK TO ME SO BITE ME
no i wont so stop being useless and vote scum

~Wis
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:04 am

Post by Aisa »

@Mod: After how much time do you prod players? I can't seem to find that in your first post. Anyway, I think Aronis is definitely due for one.
In post 187, iamausername wrote:
In post 157, Aisa wrote:
In post 147, iamausername wrote:profont's vote on aronis is v. bad (protip: scum will avoid admitting scuminess as much as possible, not blithely announce it as soon as someone questions them)
What makes you believe that? How likely do you think that this is indeed the case with Aronis (and that he isn't trying to trick us all)?
like, basic common sense? scum are trying to hide the fact that they are scum. that's kind of the entire basis of the game.
i think if Aronis is trying to trick us into thinking he is a competent town player, he is doing a pretty piss-poor job of it.

what do YOU think of Aronis?
Admitting to doing something scummy is not a scum claim. What I'm saying is that your point is WIFOM. If admitting scumminess is seen as a towntell then it becomes a viable move for scum too.
He is null. I'll have a more clear idea after he answers this:
In post 113, Aronis wrote:People want me to give reads early in the game
Who are these "People" exactly?
In post 188, notscience wrote:Because we spend time arguing and then gauge how people react to it
How do you expect people to react? I know you're not seriously arguing with Rottweiler. I know your reactions and opinions during this time will be fake, so I won't have anything to comment on.
Dragon Alliance
Dragon Alliance
Townie
Dragon Alliance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:27 am

In post 188, notscience wrote:Not really, I have townreads though
Shouldn't that mean you have scum reads too? Or at least people you suspect as scum by POE?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:59 pm

Post by Titus »

It looks like Aronis is due for a prod. I am using 48 hours. I will check all players for prods tomorrow before sending any to be fair as I cannot do that tonight.

Two prods in a day means replacement. Three prods overall will mean replacement.

A vc will also go here.

Votecount 1.04

[L-6] Sakura Hana - Rottweiler
[L-6] Rottweiler - notscience
[L-6] notscience - Shockwave Rider
[L-3] Dragon Alliance - MTD, Hoopla, Sakura Hana, iamausername
[L-6] MTD - Dragon Alliance
[L-6] Aronis - Profont

Not voting: Aronis, Aisa, Albert R. Rampage

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 8:45 AM PST ((expired on 2014-03-05 08:45:00)).
Last edited by Titus on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Profont
Profont
Townie
Profont
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:00 pm

Post by Profont »

In post 188, notscience wrote:
In post 181, Hoopla wrote:

Because we spend time arguing and then gauge how people react to it

Could you explain this to me? How did you intend to start an argument with a vote that you immediately backed off of? Why not naked vote and then work off of Rottweiler's reaction?
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:18 am

Post by MTD »

Eh, prod dodge.
still the same old MTD
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:23 am

Post by MTD »

In post 180, Dragon Alliance wrote:You should still let people have the opportunity to defend themselves. They could slip and say something stupid or have a defense that very clearly makes them town. There are many reasons to let someone defend themselves and not butt in. It felt like you were trying to hinder my scum hunting. While I might not be the best I don't just do stuff for shits and giggles.
Yes, that is one possible view on the case on the other hand, as I said, it is part of
my
scumhunting to look at how you do your scumhunting. Again, there is only
one
post, where I really did answer
instead
of Hoopla, in the others I attacked you for the way you did your inquiry, so that's not really defending them.
still the same old MTD
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:01 am

In post 188, notscience wrote:Because we spend time arguing and then gauge how people react to it

This is just it though. Your post looks like an attempt to gain towncred by "generating discussion" by doing something outside the box. With the way this game has been going I think that would be a good way for scum to fish for towncred. I notice you haven't drawn any conclusions from the reactions so far.

Sorry I haven't been on. I'll get in a reread and say more later today.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:17 am

Post by notscience »

@puppy- Tell me I'm town before you ask for my help

@aisa- I don't really know. I'm usually good at getting the content started but I've hit a wall this game so am kinda trying any and everything

@profont- Because I'm stupid

@Shockwave- okay, I see your point, but I'm town so it's whatver
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:26 am