Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:19 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 1612, Zdenek wrote:Rainbowdash, do you not have scum reads?
kab is a lesser one, but I really think just putting out a few policy lynches here is good. Aegor, inhim, matais are all good scum picks. At this point I really don't think trying to create a new wagon would just be counterproductive and generate more noise and pages than the game needs.

Most of the game is moving very painfully slow and filled with fluff. When one of the players who is a slight scum read (then has done nothing since page 10 or so) works as policy, we should push it.
Thor665 wrote:
In post 1608, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 1606, Thor665 wrote:I also have to admit I feel like the pony is misrepresenting their read since they're acting like Albert is still in the game.
If he is a good information lynch it doesn't matter if he has been replaced or not, the slot is still a good information lynch.
Any slot is good info lynch.
Doesn't make it a scum slot.
I don't think he is town though. When you consider his flip gives us more information about D2 I would be happy enough with the lynch, especially since these long days aren't doing anything to help. Trying to throw my weight behind anything else is going to do quite a bit of damage to the gamestate when I really don't have a reason to try and tear down this wagon.

Look, unless you can say "A flip from X makes kab unequivocally town" than there is no reason to actually not lynch him. Worst case we are keeping around a slot that chances are is never going to be a town read. Best (and likely) case is that we hit scum. The slot is trying to do nothing and when it actually was doing something was scummy. Its basically a utility lynch. He has a good shot of flipping town and is a good policy lynch as well.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:06 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1614, Bulbazak wrote:RBD, you never answered this:
In post 1605, Bulbazak wrote:How was Emo town?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:17 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Because he is. Just read the first few pages. Its not as much "this post in particular" as other reads but if you want me pulling one exact one look at the one where they apparently have no idea how to balance mountainous.

The slot just reads town. The reactionary play, the lazy wagon...
You don't earn
loyalty
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:08 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

This is going to be Baltimorons all over again, isn't it...

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:24 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

You mean where you catch one scum based on a role, are unable to get any form of a wagon going without a claim, proceed to full out defend every other scum in the game, make role choices that a third grader would realize are foalish, and finally getting dragged kicking and screaming across the finish line by the rest of the town?

Kab is the lynch.

He is scummy. He is lurking. He is apparently trying to play anti-town. We are going after more active players because... why exactly here? Kab isn't town, I don't think there is a possible scenario where he could be called town, he is about the perfect utility lynch here.
You don't earn
loyalty
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:43 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1629, Rainbowdash wrote:You mean where you catch one scum based on a role, are unable to get any form of a wagon going without a claim, proceed to full out defend every other scum in the game, make role choices that a third grader would realize are foalish, and finally getting dragged kicking and screaming across the finish line by the rest of the town?
I mean where I catch scum and try to get them lynched while you hard defend them up to, and even after, they're lynched. And since there are no neighbors in this game, you don't have to worry about me being duped so hard.

Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:23 am

Post by Huntress »

Warning:

In post 1, Huntress wrote:1. This is a game. Have fun. Play to win but
please don’t make personal attacks
or use obscene or profane language. Just play your part and help to make the game fun for everyone!
Nero Cain's post made here contravenes this rule. I don't want to see any more personal attacks.

Matias, Chevre and HighShroomish have been prodded.

In post 1621, Nero Cain wrote:I also need to extend my V/LA to next week. I'm moving but AT&T can't come till Friday! If that's to long you can replace me
That's ok with me.
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:44 am

Post by HighShroomish »

@Rainbowdash
The last two times we lynchee some one who was lurking, we got town. kabooooom is playing anti-town, yes, but not scummy, and I'm not about to lynch another lurker just to have them flip town. Our numbers are dwindling. We have 16 slots left in game, and 14 that are usable. Tomorrow, it's more than likely we'll be at 14. And if we still haven't caught any scum and we mislynch tomorrow, if there are six, which seems highly likely for a big game, the games over.

To people saying not to lynch the ABR slot- if I think it's scummy I'm gonna try to. And I do.

VOTE: ABR-SLOT
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:15 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 1632, HighShroomish wrote:@Rainbowdash
The last two times we lynchee some one who was lurking, we got town. kabooooom is playing anti-town, yes, but not scummy, and I'm not about to lynch another lurker just to have them flip town. Our numbers are dwindling. We have 16 slots left in game, and 14 that are usable. Tomorrow, it's more than likely we'll be at 14. And if we still haven't caught any scum and we mislynch tomorrow, if there are six, which seems highly likely for a big game, the games over.

To people saying not to lynch the ABR slot- if I think it's scummy I'm gonna try to. And I do.

Balance wise its going to be 16:3 since its vanilla and sure doesn't seem to be multiball. Mountainous games balance at between 5 and 5.5 town per scum.

Do you think his vote early was not scummy? Throwing the L-1 vote in a mountainous and then making the request not to hammer seems more like trying to push the wagon and distance from it all at once. After that how CAN he be "scummy" through game actions? He actually has no actions to call scummy past that because he has no actions.

If you are trying to shrug off the lynch because it "might be lylo soon" that doesn't make sense. There is no way lylo can hit before D7, and that's if we never lynch scum.

This is a utility lynch. He is scummy when he has been posting, and since then has gone into a lurker/anti-town mode that is unreadable because most of his recent posts are "prod dodge" type ones. Literally zero content since D1. We let this live why when he was scummy D1?
You don't earn
loyalty
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:27 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1632, HighShroomish wrote:@Rainbowdash

Says we should not lynch a lurker. Votes a lurker slot that is being replaced.

Unvote

Vote HighShroomish

Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by Chevre »

Analysis of the Day 2 ending votecount:

For reference:
In post 1528, Huntress wrote:

Vote Count 2.14

Nobody Special (9) - The Fonz, emeraldemon, Albert B. Rampage, Aegor, Bulbazak, HighShroomish, Matias, Chevre, inHimshallibe
Albert B. Rampage (3) - Nobody Special, Sotty7, Zdenek
Aegor (1) - Thor665
Nero Cain (1) - Rainbowdash
HighShroomish (1) - Nero Cain
Garmr (1) - Garmr

Not voting (1) - kabooooom
Everything here should be taken with a grain of salt I feel because the wagon was a deadline lynch, and I feel like various votes including my own aren't going to be as fleshed out as truly as a real, "reasoned" wagon would be. Anyway, our NK Fonz's vote takes place quite early, 12 days before the actual lynch, and is reasoned with what I believe are good reasons to stand by, but all of this is pointless I suppose. Right afterward, ABR and Thor665 also vote NS, I believe this was a noted wagon which built up in early Day 2. ABR's vote is based on NS's own vote on himself, which he found calculated. The NS vote is very simple and reasonless and I guess it does come off as rather out-of-place, considering NS had just said he was rereading yet had not really posted any thoughts or even clarified whether he had completed his reread. Thor's vote was basically echoing Fonz's reasons, adding that he thought that NS was on the emogirl wagon and that was another good reason. This was debated in the next few posts but I don't think it was as scum-filled as he thinks, as I'm still very inclined that the slot is scum. The next sticking vote on the wagon is emeraldemon's a week later, which also agrees with Fonz's reason and adds a point about his read switch on me. ABR's true vote is reasonless, surprse surprise, as is Aegor's a few posts later, but this is when he was vote-hopping like crazy in search of the largest wagon, and thus he hopped off and then returned, still the fourth vote on the wagon. The rest of the votes, including my own, come in the final two pages and final two days which is very startling. Bulbazak, High Shroomish, Matias, me, and inhim all in those last few pages of the Day 2.

Essentially, it's a lynch which is very unsettling. I feel like at least one of the last five votes (not including myself) is scum looking to jump on the wagon. I have felt and continue to feel genuine sentiment behind Bulbazak's actions, but the other three I find suspicious. I'm not sure any of them were fully caught up, yet they are a crucial third of this wagon. HS's attempt to tack on a reason of active lurking when it is obviously a part of the reason for votes on NS. Of course, I guess my vote shares this same lack of reason, but from my standpoint obviously I know it was with town intentions, plus I was truly caught up with the game.

The self-voting snafu

I think this something that needs to be greatly addressed, since no less than five people have self-voted. In the midst of all these self-votes, it has gotten this reputation of "oh town shouldn't be doing that but scum
wouldn't
do that" and thus I feel that at least one of the self-voters is scum utilizing this reputation to get by. Aegor's use of it on Day 2 was very theoretical and thus is probably the one I believe most town; Garmr has been pretty consistently reactionary I feel so I can see that making sense, but kabooooom's is really out of place. It definitely felt like a "everybody else is doing it so why not me?" vote. His response to kaboooom's policy vote is near as bad. His last few posts have been declarations of V/LA, followed by statements that he will catch up only to fall back into V/LA, without asking for replacement. I strongly suspect kabooooom at this point.

I want to look back through Fonz's suspicions and see what's up there next.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:20 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1617, inHimshallibe wrote:
vote: Albert B Rampage

Thor665 wrote:I also have to admit I feel like the pony is misrepresenting their read since they're acting like Albert is still in the game.
This referencing the "culling the useless/lurker pool" bit?
Inhim goes from defending ABR to attacking him upon ABR saying that he'll replace out. inhim is scum with ABR knowing that after ABR is replaced, he'll get to put his vote anywhere while pretending to be happy with the replacement. We should lynch one of them.
In post 1625, Rainbowdash wrote:Aegor, inhim, matais are all good scum picks.
but not ABR?

kaboom lynch is acceptable - primarily because of the awkward L-1 vote on emog.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:00 pm

Post by Aegor »

Can we please just lynch ABR already? I am also happy with a flash kab wagon.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:14 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 1636, Zdenek wrote:
In post 1625, Rainbowdash wrote:Aegor, inhim, matais are all good scum picks.
but not ABR?
As I have said, he is in that "meh" category that has the slight scum reads and the information lynches. I really cant find much fault with the lynch but I think there are better lynches.
Zdenek wrote:kaboom lynch is acceptable - primarily because of the awkward L-1 vote on emog.
Aegor wrote:I am also happy with a flash kab wagon.
And yet kab wagon never happens. Seems like it keeps getting subtley avoided. I think we are at four or so players who have said "oh yeah he is a good vote" and there are I think two votes on him or something... somewhat concerning.

Go figure.
You don't earn
loyalty
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:16 pm

Post by Aegor »

I was voting kab earlier in the game. ABR is at L-1. Forgive me for thinking that he is the easiest lynch at this point. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than lynching kab tomorrow.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:23 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Acceptable does not mean that I think he will flip scum.

RBD, you calling him a policy lynch majesty me think that you don't think he will flip scum either.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:24 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Majesty should be makes. Damned autocorrect.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:25 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1639, Aegor wrote:I was voting kab earlier in the game. ABR is at L-1. Forgive me for thinking that he is the easiest lynch at this point. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than lynching kab tomorrow.
Are you looking for the easiest lynch or a lynch on scum?

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:26 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 1639, Aegor wrote:I was voting kab earlier in the game. ABR is at L-1. Forgive me for thinking that he is the easiest lynch at this point. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than lynching kab tomorrow.
Exactly that. There is the issue.

Most of the ABR wagon seems to be going "oh yeah but kab wagon is fine" but have been avoiding it. Never even mentioning him until I press the issue and the rest of the game is lurking not even talking about the wagon. The fact that I am probably fighting the wagon the most while saying "yeah its an okay lynch" it feels wrong. Good for information still yes, but wrong.
Zdenek wrote:Acceptable does not mean that I think he will flip scum.

RBD, you calling him a policy lynch majesty me think that you don't think he will flip scum either.
Its more utility.

Utility lynches are lynches that could easily be pursued as a policy lynch but actually has a good chance of flipping scum. Essentially a policy lynch of a mild scum read.
You don't earn
loyalty
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:30 pm

Post by Zdenek »

On the other hand, I think the ABR slot will flip scum.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:31 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 1642, Bulbazak wrote:
Both? Either?

In post 1643, Rainbowdash wrote: Exactly that. There is the issue.

Most of the ABR wagon seems to be going "oh yeah but kab wagon is fine" but have been avoiding it
. Never even mentioning him until I press the issue and the rest of the game is lurking not even talking about the wagon. The fact that I am probably fighting the wagon the most while saying "yeah its an okay lynch" it feels wrong. Good for information still yes, but wrong.
I agree completely. But all those posts are now part of this game's record, and their authors can be held accountable if they refuse to vote kab tomorrow.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:36 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1645, Aegor wrote:
In post 1642, Bulbazak wrote:
Both? Either?
:neutral:

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:39 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 1644, Zdenek wrote:On the other hand, I think the ABR slot will flip scum.
And don't think kab will?
You don't earn
loyalty
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:05 am

Post by kabooooom »

seems like i m in spotlight!!!

i had busy days and not enough time to play every game! so it was all about priorities!! i recently completed my newbie 1468 (in which i was scum)!! so now i will be catching up. read till 8 pages. i still wont be able to give my best, cos i m playing in one more game other than this.

and no!! i wont flip scum cos i m not one!!
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:10 am

Post by Huntress »

bump

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”