NG 1479: Somebody's Gonna Die! (OVER!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine
Goon
YurikoJasmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:14 am

Post by YurikoJasmine »

scumread so far:
scummy
-Dritan

(slightly) scummy
-Drone (lurking/ missing)
-Victor (i'm tired of seeing all the arguments he has with Dritan and HITD plus the vote on Dritan despite "beliving him")
-HITD (keep on emphasizing himself as replacement thus VT, lots of arguments but very few scumhunt. Plus the L-1 vote rightaway with little argument)
-VW (said very little, voted only when asked to)

towny
-Edos (one of the few who actually does some scumhunting. but I need to see more from him)

null
-Espeonage (on LA)
-jon (would love to see some scumread from him)

tl;dr: I'm ok with lynching Dritan Day 1. I'd love to see some scumread esp. from HITD, Dritan and jon.
I was NK-immuned but lynched Day 1. :/
Record: Won 3 Lost 7 Draw 0 \\ Ongoing: 0 (Living: 0)

Last year of school. Works two part-times.

**I'm from Hong Kong (GMT+8)
YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine
Goon
YurikoJasmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:15 am

Post by YurikoJasmine »

Plus I'm really sick of reading all those arguments between Dritan/ Victor and HITD/ Victor.

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:43 am

Post by Edosurist »

In post 147, YurikoJasmine wrote:
@Edos:
In post 73, Edosurist wrote:Drone RVS voted, saw that there was more to the game, unvoted, then left. I'd like him to contribute more.

Dritan is my next scum choice currently because of his Victor misrep, and mainly what everyone else is saying.
Just to clarify, do you mean your first scum choice is drone?
At this point, no. I was leaving it on him for pressure to post, but that pressure is broken now that I've said this.
UNVOTE: (@Drone - I still want you to post though. Get in here)

My number 1 choice is amongst Victor, Dritan, and HITD. I'm not willing to hammer Dritan.
VOTE: HITD
As for VW, he's my second scumpick.

You and jon are still town right now.
Also, your English is perfectly fine. I wouldn't've guessed that it's not your first language, so don't fret or anything.
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

My Reads at this time.

Dristan I'm not really understanding the arguments against him, but rest assured I'm going to give my views on them soon. Scum might be on it... He might be new Town, but he just may be scum. I don't want him lynched just yet. I would though, in a pinch.

Drone completely null. If anyone else has a read, please share it.

Edos A lot of Game Theory mixed in, but mistakes understanding how the game works abound. He has stated reads. He hasn't committed any fatal mistakes yet. Leaning Town.

Espe He's done a good job of helping Town along the way. Nothing suspicious, leans Town.

Hidden Probably scum, might be where my first serious vote goes. Deserves it's own post.

Victor I'll say Town for now. I like most of his posts.

Voided I'm going to guess maybe lurky scum? Like I said nothing to support the read only a guess. We'll know more as he posts again.

Yuriko I'm going to go Town on this slot. Very intelligent questions and observations.

@ Yuriko Yes your grammar is great, and you're easily understood. Some players not of English speaking countries don't come across quite as understandable. (No slurs intended). It was the fact it was so good that made me ask.

"These views are the poster's and do not reflect the views of the Forum as a whole, and should be viewed with a healthy dose of skepticism. The poster reserves the right to change these views with or without notice."
HiddenInTheDark
HiddenInTheDark
Goon
HiddenInTheDark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:26 pm

Post by HiddenInTheDark »

Okay...look. I have an issue wording some things. When people start throwing everything I've said. I'm getting confused on what I was saying in context sometimes or what I was meaning when I said it. You vote for me, your not losing anything major and not killing anything major. If you want a safe kill. Go ahead. People are obviously thinking I'm scum because I argued with Victor and Dristan and the wording of my posts. I had to walk away because I started to get annoyed arguing with both Dristan and Victor. I said I do no lynches. I'm trying something new. You can make it, flip it, cook it to scum. However you want to do it. I'm new to this site. I never played with any of you and some of your rules are a bit different than how I am used to playing. I went after Dristan because he acted the scummiest when he and Victor were arguing. Then when Victor started talking how Dristan said he was town and Victor then said believed his role. I did believe Dristan was town and with Victor doing some weird vote on him AFTER unvoting for him. I thought that was scummy.

I'm just one person and clearly I'm one of maybe two that has questioned that 1 post he made about believing he was town but kept his vote on Dristan. My vote is staying on Victor regardless of what anyone thinks.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:55 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

@ Hidden If you're Town, please don't soft claim VT like that. If you're Town you're limiting where the PRs' are. Don't make any claims other than Town unless asked to make a claim before being hammered. Don't say things like "You vote for me, your not losing anything major and not killing anything major". If you're Town you're doing scum's legwork for them.

Try to keep your Role PM a secret until right before before your lynch. Never volunteer it, make scum work for it.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:02 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Okie dokies.

I'll be reading this over the next little while, expect a post before I go to bed tonight.
Don't @ me.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:42 pm

Post by Edosurist »

In post 153, jon_h61 wrote:Edos A lot of Game Theory mixed in,
but mistakes understanding how the game works abound
. He has stated reads. He hasn't committed any fatal mistakes yet. Leaning Town.
I've made mistakes in understanding how the game works? Please do share. As I recall, you actually agreed with me on the wait for intent to claim thing and the no lynch thing.
Espe He's done a good job of helping Town along the way. Nothing suspicious, leans Town.
How do you read town from his content, but lurky scum from VW's? (excluding the fact that Espe's essentially been V/LA)
"These views are the poster's and do not reflect the views of the Forum as a whole, and should be viewed with a healthy dose of skepticism. The poster reserves the right to change these views with or without notice."
You pretentious bastard.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

@ Edos I'm talking about ideas on No-Lynching, and other things. Not things you've done. I said you commented on things other people were talking about. Not that you were doing those things.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

What was wrong with my disclaimer of my reads? I thought it was cute.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:09 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 157, Edosurist wrote:How do you read town from his content, but lurky scum from VW's? (excluding the fact that Espe's essentially been V/LA)
Espe looked to be attempting to start scum hunting before his accident. You can't say the same for VW.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:27 pm

Post by Edosurist »

Nawh, I loved your disclaimer.

HITD isn't scum actually. I think I'd prefer this lynch now:
VOTE: Voidedwalker1234
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine
Goon
YurikoJasmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:06 pm

Post by YurikoJasmine »

In post 161, Edosurist wrote:Nawh, I loved your disclaimer.

HITD isn't scum actually. I think I'd prefer this lynch now:
VOTE: Voidedwalker1234
What suddenly makes you think HITD isn't scum?

Why vote for VW while you say in #152 that victor dritan and HITD was your choice? Why not vote victor instead?

YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine
Goon
YurikoJasmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:10 pm

Post by YurikoJasmine »

@jon: you thought I was fishy before asking me if English is my first language. If you thought my English was fine why did you find that I was fishy and why would my language background matter? After I told you it's my second language you're convinced I'm town? Please explain. What was fishy about me and why the sudden change in read?

YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine
Goon
YurikoJasmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:14 pm

Post by YurikoJasmine »

I mean it would have made sense if you think I'm fishy because of poor language and this the question and then the shift. But you're saying you asked the question because my English was so good. Do you mean I'm fishy because I use good English? If not, why do you think it was important to ask me and would the answer change your read?

I'm on my phone I'm not sure if I'm phrasing it correctly.

YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine
Goon
YurikoJasmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:16 pm

Post by YurikoJasmine »

*thus the question

YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine
Goon
YurikoJasmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:20 pm

Post by YurikoJasmine »

In post 160, jon_h61 wrote:
In post 157, Edosurist wrote:How do you read town from his content, but lurky scum from VW's? (excluding the fact that Espe's essentially been V/LA)
Espe looked to be attempting to start scum hunting before his accident. You can't say the same for VW.
I disagree on the part of "attempt" to scum hunting coz he hasn't done anything yet. Still he's less scummy IMO coz he's on LA for a reason that I tend to believe instead of lurking like drone. This the null read on him and scummy read on drone for me. I hope to see some input from espe soon.

VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:30 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

Not much to respond to. Some scumreads I guess:

Scum -
Dritan - Didn't like his early attack over my voting (especially since it only came once others applied pressure), misrepresented me and I'm generally getting a bad vibe off his posting.

Lean Scum
HiddenInTheDark - Really wound me up over the last day or so, seems defensive, seems only interested in focusing on me/Dritan AFAICT
Voidwalker - I get a lurker vibe off him. I didn't like the timing of his vote on Dritan.

Null -
Drone67 - no real post yet.
Espereon - not enough content due to V/LA
JonH - Not seen much I dislike off his posting. A little in the background early on though. I haven't really seen anything that makes me feel good about his alignment on way or the other yet.

Town

Edos - Active, using both his vote and questions to keep the game moving. Open with his reads and thinking. In fact no real qualms with any of his posts.
YurikoJasmine - Genuine attempts at scumhunting, actually kinda agree with the comments on the fighting between me and other players (sorry about that Yuriko). FTR I agree that your English is fine and I have no trouble understanding you :)
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:02 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

In post 117, HiddenInTheDark wrote:
@MOD can we possibly get a prod on Drone?
Done; Voidwalker has also earned a prod for 36h of inactivity.

Sixth Vote Count of Day One:

Dritan - 3 (YurikoJasmine, Voidwalker1234, VictorDeAngelo)
Drone67 - 1 (jon_h61)
Edosurist - 1 (Espeonage)
HiddenInTheDark - 1 (Dritan)
VictorDeAngelo - 1 (HiddenInTheDark)
Voidwalker1234 - 1 (Edosurist)

Not Voting - 1 (Drone67)

With nine alive, it will take five votes to lynch.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:06 am

Post by jon_h61 »

@ Yuriko You used the term "fishy" in posts and . When I'd made my post I was just getting ready for bed after a long day, and quickly perused the thread. Your use of the word stuck with me and there wasn't much more from your posts that ATM I wanted to comment on.

I should have asked about your use of English in it's own paragraph, it might have avoided some confusion. I asked because you said you were in Hong Kong and you seemed to have a good grasp on it's use. I could write up a long explanation, but the tl:dr is just that I was curious.
In post 163, YurikoJasmine wrote:@jon: you thought I was fishy before asking me if English is my first language. If you thought my English was fine why did you find that I was fishy and why would my language background matter? After I told you it's my second language you're convinced I'm town? Please explain. What was fishy about me and why the sudden change in read?
It didn't have anything to do with me changing my read. That read was tenuous at best. It was you probing of the other players that changed my "fishy" weak read to a leaning Town read.

Another example of how easily it is for one thing to be said, but someone to take it differently.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:31 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 166, YurikoJasmine wrote:
In post 160, jon_h61 wrote:
I disagree on the part of "attempt" to scum hunting coz he hasn't done anything yet. Still he's less scummy IMO coz he's on LA for a reason that I tend to believe instead of lurking like drone. This the null read on him and scummy read on drone for me. I hope to see some input from espe soon.
I
again
read both of them. If espe hadn't hurt himself when he did I'd bet this wouldn't even be an issue. If anyone can read the two and say they are equal in terms of scumhunting, I'll be more than happy to disagree.

I'm not going to paste quotes everywhere to prove it but I see no attempt to scum hunt from VW yet, but Espe did ask a few things that make me think he would have followed up had he not injured himself.

This in now way puts him firmly in Town (in my mind), but leaning Town.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:31 am

Post by jon_h61 »

^ now way = no way
HiddenInTheDark
HiddenInTheDark
Goon
HiddenInTheDark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:09 am

Post by HiddenInTheDark »

Here are my reads so far:

Scummy: Victor for my reasons listed in the Forum.

Leaning Scummy: No one.

Null: Espe lack of talking makes for no read. Drone for only posting 2 times. Void I haven't seen anything to make him town or scummy.

Leaning Town: Dritan For his claim of VT, whether it could be false. I believe it's true.

Town: Jon, Yuri, Edo for their abilities in scum hunting and questioning what needs to be questioned or brought up.

@Yuri: English is fine don't worry about it.
YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine
Goon
YurikoJasmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:29 am

Post by YurikoJasmine »

In post 121, jon_h61 wrote:
In post 79, HiddenInTheDark wrote:Why the vote on Drone if you think Yuriko is reading fishy to you?
umm... I only have one vote.

Besides, I asked her a question I wanted answered to that'd help me decide how better to handle her.
In post 129, jon_h61 wrote:
In post 123, HiddenInTheDark wrote:I understand you have one vote but it just seems weird to me that you would pick Drone and not the person you feel is fishy. Still, why the vote on Drone?
I was giving her a chance to reply. It seems you think people have to act in exact ways or they're scum.
@jon:
FYR these are the two posts that makes me (and i believe also others) to believe that your thinking I'm "fishy" has something to do with my language. I'm buying your reasoning of thought process for now. Although you still haven't explain why you thought I was "fishy" or leaning scum.
In post 133, Edosurist wrote:
In post 84, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
@Edos, HITD, Yuki
- Any reason none of you asked for a claim off Dritan once he was put to L-1?
I'm of the opinion that no claims should be given unless someone states intent to hammer once the person has been at L-1. Hammering without a claim is, again, an admission of guilt.

One of {Victor, HITD, Dritan} is scum for this interaction. I'll actually explain my reasoning later today.
@Edos:
I'd love to listen to your reasoning. I'm still struggling on whether they're just being newbie overreactive coz it seems very weird for scum to so openly going aginst each other in so early a stage. Despite that Dritan has shown defensive reaction towards others (including me) and HITD's soft claiming is making me uneasy.
In post 167, VictorDeAngelo wrote: JonH -
Not seen much I dislike off his posting. A little in the background early on though.
I haven't really seen anything that makes me feel good about his alignment on way or the other yet.
@Victor:
I cannot seem to understand these two sentences. Could you explain?
In post 172, HiddenInTheDark wrote: Leaning Town: Dritan For his claim of VT, whether it could be false. I believe it's true.
@HITD:
I'm feeling uneasy about how fast you switch you view of thinking Dritan is scum to leaning town just after and just because of his VT claim. Everyone can claim to be a VT. It doesn't really mean much. Unless of course you have other reasons to believe he's not scum? Btw, I'm not sure if you saw it, but he was not the replacement. I am the replacement.

btw, Dritan has gone missing.

YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine
Goon
YurikoJasmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:37 am

Post by YurikoJasmine »

In post 168, Mr. Flay wrote:
In post 117, HiddenInTheDark wrote:
@MOD can we possibly get a prod on Drone?
Done; Voidwalker has also earned a prod for 36h of inactivity.

Sixth Vote Count of Day One:

Dritan - 3 (YurikoJasmine, Voidwalker1234, VictorDeAngelo)
Drone67 - 1 (jon_h61)
Edosurist - 1 (Espeonage)
HiddenInTheDark - 1 (Dritan)
VictorDeAngelo - 1 (HiddenInTheDark)
Voidwalker1234 - 1 (Edosurist)

Not Voting - 1 (Drone67)

With nine alive, it will take five votes to lynch.
victor voting for dritan, dritan voting for HITD, HITD voting for victor. Interesting.
Espe's vote was from #17. I believe it's RVS vote.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”