NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8100 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:34 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

I guess for me it's still good as a reaction goes.
I want to lynch Pie, he attacks me for wanting to lynch BBQ.

Derpa.

That doesn't really make a lot of sense, he should be paying attention to what I'm talking about and saying about him at least as much, and if my attack on BBQ is bad my attack on Pie, by definition, should even be worse, but yet he doesn't even stance there. I think Pie is scum, and if I'm right then BBQ is town, huzzah for us.
Sakura can also be thought of as less silly by me now, even if the silliness was my perception of Pie = her...which I guess would make her look silly. ;)
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8101 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:52 am

Post by Empire »

Day 8, Votecount 6
Casso the King of Seals (2)
-
pieguyn, Prophylaxis

KoreanBBQ (2)
-
Ms Marangal, Sakura Hana

pieguyn (1)
-
Casso the King of Seals

Not Voting (2)
-
goodmorning, KoreanBBQ

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch! It is now Day 8! Deadline is on March 24th at 11:35 AM EST or in (expired on 2014-03-24 11:34:56).

Mod Notes
-
Nachomamma8 head of Casso the King of Seals is V/LA until the 16th. goodmorning is V/LA until Sunday.

Prodding Sakura Hana and Ms Marangal.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8102 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:26 am

Nacho's back!
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8103 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:45 am

In post 7983, goodmorning wrote:Can we all just agree that it's Casso then?
Who makes sense as my partner?
In post 7986, KoreanBBQ wrote:If ppl somehow doesn't have me in the townpile, I'll gladly get myself lynched today.
I can't garner enough of my time to give this game a good reread/reassess and probably will be a vote lender for the rest of the game anyway (just like I have been for last few weeks)
I'm guessing this promise has faded away by now? Now is not the time to give up and eat a lynch if town, now is the time to once again dig deep and keep producing. Who are you vote lending to?
In post 7990, pieguyn wrote:wait do you all think Proph bussed zmuffin?
I think it's possible. I also think that it's possible for pretty much anyone to be scum at this point, minus masons (unless Mara's playing the best scumgame of her life, which is always a possibility).
In post 7998, pieguyn wrote:also people were making fun of his "votal analysis" and I think it'd be even harder to fake this with the knowledge other people were already skeptical of your scumhunting methods
In post 7998, pieguyn wrote:on the other hand, even if Casso is scum I can see the Casso push making sense as an extra boost towards endgame and there was also Titus's meta read (but this can be attributed to him being from MTGS and this not being his homesite). what do you think?
What impressed me about Titus in Olympian Gods was her pretty solidly and immediately nailing ika-slot as scum based on meta. However, she doesn't seem half as sure here as she did there and I'm decently confident that Proph's homesite is MTGS and not Titus's homesite (I'll probably do some digging to figure this out eventually), so I don't think it would be as intimate of a meta read as the ika one.
In post 8015, KoreanBBQ wrote:pie are town not scum if anyone is doubting them. If we're all goos with that, then whatever.
I would be happy with the pie explanation.
In post 8027, pieguyn wrote:plus Sakura makes the most sense as a potential Casso partner.
And Sakura as my partner doesn't really make any sense at all.
In post 8085, pieguyn wrote:BBQ is a terrible lynch and I hate hate hate how a bunch of people are all of a sudden fine with lynching him (especially Casso).
When people who should be flipping scum flip town, you reassess. I think BBQ looks worse than most other people here.
Why do you think that he's town?
In post 8085, pieguyn wrote:I can't see any scenario where Casso isn't scum and I'd far prefer to go for the sure bet right now as opposed to chancing a lynch on someone else
And whenever things happen like this for absolutely no reasoning, games go to shit.
Why is it a sure bet that I'm scum? What have I done this game that has been particularly scummy? Is it that I've been my usual lurky scum self? Nope, that can't be it considering I've put more effort into this game than I have any other game in a very, very long time and still have been making time for this game despite being busy as shit and lurking everywhere. Could it be that I don't have the usual passion that I have in my towngames? Nope, that can't be it either considering I've hit the TOWN NACHO notes many, many times in this game. Could it be because my interactions with flipped scum are weird? I sure as hell hope that isn't the case: you've certainly been in my same position where you're railing and railing against Muffin because you think you've gotten him pegged as scum, no one really believes you and the read peters out a bit although the paranoia is still always there. My interactions with SSK are pretty fucking strange for scumpartners in and of themselves, and interactions with Generic are nothing special but certainly don't scream scumpartners.

Vote: KoreanBBQ
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8104 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:48 am

Vote: Prophylaxis
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8105 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:55 am

In post 7947, pieguyn wrote:the problem I'm having is there's no one else left. I have townreads of varying degrees on everyone else leaving SAD and Casso. if Casso is town it's SAD/Proph and I keep thinking Proph is town
After SAD flipped town, you should have gone into reassessing mode. Why haven't you? Why aren't you more heavily considering Proph-scum?
In post 7988, pieguyn wrote:SAD town means that, given the dynamic D5, Proph is town. both wagons were on town and then he derailed both of them onto zmuffin. given he was voting back and forth for the first part of D5 I don't think this makes sense from a scum POV
Why not? I had to have done the same D1: derail BBQ and SC wagons onto Sakura (town or scum) onto scum. Do you really think it was Proph that swung the wagon onto Muffin, and why?
In post 7998, pieguyn wrote:Proph was bouncing back and forth between the SAD and Titus wagons and then he derailed both of them onto zmuffin. if he's scum idk how much sense this makes given he was originally perfectly fine with SAD/Titus. his trajectory on zmuffin and subsequent interactions also felt legitimate.
Why don't you think it was possible he thought the push on Muffin wouldn't get through? Why did the trajectory on Muffin + subsequent interactions feel nor-scumbuddy?
In post 8027, pieguyn wrote:I found a really awesome tell on GIF and if he's scum here that means said tell is wrong.
I don't think your tell is accurate. Take it away, are you still confident GiF is town?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8106 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:00 am

In post 7891, Prophylaxis wrote:- Is it normal for Casso to pop in, multipost with some thoughts, and leave? Because I'm seeing "hey hey I think X is town" but.. his vote isn't on anyone, and glancing at his last few posts I see no concrete scumreads, or even "since I think everyone is town I'll vote SAD".
Who has done anything that doesn't equate with popping in, multiposting with some thoughts, and then leaving? It also amazes me that you couldn't catch onto me not having SAD as a scumread, considering that was in every one of my posts since I started pushing SAD twenty years ago.
In post 7891, Prophylaxis wrote:- KoreanBBQ is always absent and again I don't remember what they've done. Still willing to clear based on D1 wagon unless I see evidence of scum counterwagoning scum on 'Scum.
It exists. I am too lazy and too strapped for time to dig it up now, but it exists. Is this really your only reason for clearing them?
In post 8091, Prophylaxis wrote:Looking purely at vote counts + PoE make me think Casso/KoreanBBQ scumteam is a lock.
What happened to the counterwagon tell? How exactly did you drop that strong towntell so... easily? Why did you stop pushing Sakura?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8107 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:05 am

Also, Proph, is there a reason you haven't dug into my posts at all this game? Or even attempted to read me, considering you do have experience with me, have read games that I've been in... have plenty of meta at your disposal...?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8108 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:12 am

I think that the masons have daychat based on the test conducted earlier, and it isn't necessary to conduct another one.
The only possible way that they are scum together is if one of them is a mafia neighborizer that neighborized them N1 and planned on using daychat after flipped Mafia Encryptor to confirm themselves as town down the road, which is beyond too ridiculous.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8109 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:14 am

If Sakura's scum, she completely and truly has graduated and deserves the win.
I don't think there's a very great chance she's scum, and I don't see what pie's seeing in a possibility there.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #8110 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 8109, Casso the King of Seals wrote:If Sakura's scum, she completely and truly has graduated and deserves the win.
I don't think there's a very great chance she's scum, and I don't see what pie's seeing in a possibility there.
Odd of you to say this after I completely obliterated you in that newbie game, I'd think you'd be more wary about me after that.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8111 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:11 pm

In post 8110, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 8109, Casso the King of Seals wrote:If Sakura's scum, she completely and truly has graduated and deserves the win.
Odd of you to say this after I completely obliterated you in that newbie game, I'd think you'd be more wary about me after that.
I think I'd be more likely to use it as leverage to push your mislynch later down the road.
"oh, she fooled me that one game, maybe she's fooling me here!"
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8112 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:17 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Well that's true, but i find it odd that you aren't getting any bit paranoid about me because of that game, you could also be buddying to me you know.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8113 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:14 pm

I was about to ask Sakura 'what the hell buddying?' then realized Nacho was posting after Canada told him to sod off.
I'm sitting around with gmail open, my friend. Well...at least for a while longer.

My first question will be "besides the opportunistic lurch, what's up with the Proph move?"
I'd rather lynch BBQ or the two methinks - look at the dead people. Dead peole who died before masons. Who died before *apparently confirmed daychat sans Encryptor* masons.
I mean, c;mon.

-----------------
Here's my Sakura mock post just for lulz.

Well...now I have someone complaining that I'm scummy for suspecting you and you complaining that I'm scummy for buddying you.
:shrug:

I'm pretty sure that makes at least one of you kinda silly, and me probably okay.
I also don't think I've bothered to buddy you at all.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8114 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8115 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 8113, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I also don't think I've bothered to buddy you at all.
I'm pretty sure Thor is suspecting me and Nacho is buddying me.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8116 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:12 pm

Do you agree with me that BBQ is suspect and also worse than Proph? As long as Nacho is buddying you I'll take some extra leverage here.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8117 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:47 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

If i didnt think BBQ was worse than Proph i wouldn't be voting him.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #8118 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:15 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 8113, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I'd rather lynch BBQ or the two methinks - look at the dead people. Dead peole who died before masons. Who died before *apparently confirmed daychat sans Encryptor* masons.
I mean, c;mon.
Why on earth is this hydra so utterly dissonant?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8119 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:59 am

In post 8112, Sakura Hana wrote:Well that's true, but i find it odd that you aren't getting any bit paranoid about me because of that game, you could also be buddying to me you know.
I have had moments of paranoia, sure, but in the end the townSakura that showed up here was the old town Sakura levels that you couldn't quite reach before. I have seen scumgames where you've attempted to replicate it, and you've come close, but you haven't been able to reach it quite yet.

Which is why pie's read on you is worrying: he should be able to see that better than anyone else.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8120 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:00 am

In post 8118, goodmorning wrote:
In post 8113, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I'd rather lynch BBQ or the two methinks - look at the dead people. Dead peole who died before masons. Who died before *apparently confirmed daychat sans Encryptor* masons.
I mean, c;mon.
Why on earth is this hydra so utterly dissonant?
Different people with radically different play styles formed over a long period of time have completely different approaches to the game and also different reads?

What a surprise!
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8121 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:02 am

Post by Empire »

Replacing Ms Marangal. She can remain in the slot if she returns before one is found.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8122 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:16 am

In post 8113, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I was about to ask Sakura 'what the hell buddying?' then realized Nacho was posting after Canada told him to sod off.
I'm sitting around with gmail open, my friend. Well...at least for a while longer.

My first question will be "besides the opportunistic lurch, what's up with the Proph move?"
I'd rather lynch BBQ or the two methinks - look at the dead people. Dead peole who died before masons. Who died before *apparently confirmed daychat sans Encryptor* masons.
I mean, c;mon.

-----------------
Here's my Sakura mock post just for lulz.

Well...now I have someone complaining that I'm scummy for suspecting you and you complaining that I'm scummy for buddying you.
:shrug:

I'm pretty sure that makes at least one of you kinda silly, and me probably okay.
I also don't think I've bothered to buddy you at all.
I think looking at dead people's reads is a fine marker for determining who you should be reevaluating and when. I'm not particularly inclined to just sheep them when I wouldn't just sheep them when they were alive. Is Proph your strongest townread?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8123 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:22 pm

Post by pieguyn »

hey Nacho speaking of SAD I have a question

I was looking at some old SAD games near D7 end and remember xenoblade? I'm sure you do and I'm p sure you misread the fuck out of him in that game. why did you feel so sure about him scum here after that kind of misread? or was that just you pushing a mislynch

and if you're town, what you're doing is the best way to lose games. you're playing up paranoia about just about every single person here besides Sakura. the whole point of POE'ing the game is that you DON'T NEED TO GO BACK AND RECONSIDER YOUR TOWNREADS EVEN IF SOME OF THE REMAINING PEOPLE FLIP TOWN. if you do that, it defeats the whole idea of POE. if you have a townblock of 5 people and then everyone besides them and 2 other people flip town, you don't go back and fucking lynch through the townblock, you lynch the remaining people. your behavior here is consistent with scum needing to push mislynch after mislynch in order to win as opposed to town uncertainty. this is also the exact opposite of how you navigated the endgame in Mistakes UPick where you were honing in on one person (catboi) and is consistent with what I remember you doing in marketplace as scum

Sakura makes the most sense as your partner bc running her to L-1, staging a breakdown and a shitton of scum theater about it, and causing chaos at deadline seems like a legitimate scum tactic and smth you would do. and you two are sticking together and not expressing much suspicion of each other (and when I pressure Sakura about it she keeps ignoring me)

my read on you is entirely POE. I've outright said you're scum bc I can't see anyone else as scum, so why are you asking me this question? this entire paragraph feels like you're trying to smokescreen me by asking me a bunch of questions that have nothing to do with my actual point and there's ATF in there to boot. the constant questions about "who's my partner" also make sense in this context
In post 8105, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 7947, pieguyn wrote:the problem I'm having is there's no one else left. I have townreads of varying degrees on everyone else leaving SAD and Casso. if Casso is town it's SAD/Proph and I keep thinking Proph is town
After SAD flipped town, you should have gone into reassessing mode. Why haven't you? Why aren't you more heavily considering Proph-scum?
In post 7988, pieguyn wrote:SAD town means that, given the dynamic D5, Proph is town. both wagons were on town and then he derailed both of them onto zmuffin. given he was voting back and forth for the first part of D5 I don't think this makes sense from a scum POV
Why not? I had to have done the same D1: derail BBQ and SC wagons onto Sakura (town or scum) onto scum. Do you really think it was Proph that swung the wagon onto Muffin, and why?
In post 7998, pieguyn wrote:Proph was bouncing back and forth between the SAD and Titus wagons and then he derailed both of them onto zmuffin. if he's scum idk how much sense this makes given he was originally perfectly fine with SAD/Titus. his trajectory on zmuffin and subsequent interactions also felt legitimate.
Why don't you think it was possible he thought the push on Muffin wouldn't get through? Why did the trajectory on Muffin + subsequent interactions feel nor-scumbuddy?
In post 8027, pieguyn wrote:I found a really awesome tell on GIF and if he's scum here that means said tell is wrong.
I don't think your tell is accurate. Take it away, are you still confident GiF is town?
I have no energy for mafia atm. I have strong townreads on BBQ, Sakura, and Proph and I need to figure out where I'm going terribly wrong and I literally do not have enough time and energy to figure this out right now. I won't tolerate any lynch besides you today bc you're literally the last one left and I was confident enough about those reads that I can say there's no way 2 of them are wrong

if Proph is scum, what was he trying to do there? if he wanted a mislynch, he could have just stayed on SAD/Titus, and on the other hand, if he was bussing, he probably would have gone for zmuffin sooner instead of bouncing back and forth for a while. it could be a bus but not sure atm

it is possible, but why don't you go one step further and try to figure out IF that's actually what he was thinking or not? there was support all around for a zmuffin lynch and given how low he was on a lot of people's POE lists he was almost certainly going to be lynched at some point. this feels like you're trying to smokescreen me by asking me questions I can't answer. the trajectory is kind of hard to explain bc it's mostly gut but all of his posts seemed like they were coming from an angle of trying to figure out zmuffin's alignment and his push was matched with a solid level of aggression as the evidence built up.

no, but why should I take away a tell that's 100%? or are you just trying to manipulate me into following you on BBQ?
In post 8106, Casso the King of Seals wrote:What happened to the counterwagon tell? How exactly did you drop that strong towntell so... easily? Why did you stop pushing Sakura?
Nacho what the hell

you ask me why I'm not reevaluating my reads, but then when Proph does
that exact same thing
you start attacking him for it?

this makes no sense. this whole thing feels like you're just BS'ing as opposed to actually trying to figure shit out
In post 8119, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I have had moments of paranoia, sure, but in the end the townSakura that showed up here was the old town Sakura levels that you couldn't quite reach before. I have seen scumgames where you've attempted to replicate it, and you've come close, but you haven't been able to reach it quite yet.

Which is why pie's read on you is worrying: he should be able to see that better than anyone else.
why do you think the fact I'm not sure about Sakura is worrying considering

1. you have experience with me and Sakura in the same game and how I'm always paranoid as fuck about her? like really? I find it impossible that you actually believe I can read Sakura "better than anyone else". remember pick & ban? I'm almost positive there was some discussion about how I'm always paranoid of her in that game and you were there to see it (and I know you saw it bc you commented about my Sakura push in that game and said I was doing a "bangup job scumhunting").
2. she's not even my first pick for 2nd scum right now. she's just the one who makes the most sense as your partner. and the reason I don't have her as first pick is, OH LOOK AT THAT, I had such a strong townread on her (I even posted a massive towncase on her earlier)

tl;dr: you're asking a bunch of questions to lead everyone around in a circle so you don't get lynched. plus there is so much cognitive dissonance here it's not even funny and I get the feeling you're just BS'ing at this point. and not to mention I'm way better at reading GIF than I am at Sakura. so the fact that you're selectively discounting my GIF read and then holding ME to a BOP of reading SAKURA is, guess what? scummy as fuck. die :>
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8124 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:27 pm

Post by pieguyn »

or for anyone who's watching you can just look at this part
In post 8123, pieguyn wrote:
In post 8119, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I have had moments of paranoia, sure, but in the end the townSakura that showed up here was the old town Sakura levels that you couldn't quite reach before. I have seen scumgames where you've attempted to replicate it, and you've come close, but you haven't been able to reach it quite yet.

why do you think the fact I'm not sure about Sakura is worrying considering

1. you have experience with me and Sakura in the same game and how I'm always paranoid as fuck about her? like really? I find it impossible that you actually believe I can read Sakura "better than anyone else". remember pick & ban? I'm almost positive there was some discussion about how I'm always paranoid of her in that game and you were there to see it (and I know you saw it bc you commented about my Sakura push in that game and said I was doing a "bangup job scumhunting").
2. she's not even my first pick for 2nd scum right now. she's just the one who makes the most sense as your partner. and the reason I don't have her as first pick is, OH LOOK AT THAT, I had such a strong townread on her (I even posted a massive towncase on her earlier)
he literally just made this up. HE KNOWS I AM THE WORST PERSON EVER AT READING SAKURA AND YET SAYS I SHOULD BE ABLE TO READ HER "BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE". HE LITERALLY JUST MADE THAT UP

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”