NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:59 pm

Post by talah »

O-kay.

1) Unreadable

2) I had the thought they could be crumbing masons, but Admiral denied they had a thread at all, I think

3) My assessment of this relies on two things regarding mastin - the first that she's scum, and second that she is more aware of my playstyle/strengths than she claims to be. I haven't been mislynched before, only nightkilled. My reasoning ran that mastin's vote was so -out there- that there had to be a good reason behind it. All I could come up with was that she was indicating I was an excellent push-target for the other team. I guess I kind of overlooked that I was a very late replacement and that scum don't necessarily have daytalk.

Oh and ego. I did mention it relies on that too.

Ed: the ^ is in response to Mister.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:02 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

You know I was thinking similar veins about scum daytalk. I noticed some posting earlier that if it turns out scum have daytalk would look pretty suspicious based on the right flips.
"Won't you be my neighbor?"
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:16 pm

Post by RachMarie »

umm Mastin is a he :P

I can relate to the headache my sinus is killing me and making it hard to think atm gotta love March pollen and spraying time in the Central Valley (NOT).
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:30 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 274, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 271, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 265, Mister Rogers wrote:\What do you think of Yates querying you on ZD?
Well my read of zd's fakevig and bipolar's reaction is based entirely off gut-feels. I'd be surprised if there were people who
didn't
have a different reaction.
So your read of Chem's reaction is only "gut"?
Well its "gut" in that I have no proof to back it up or anything. Like there are some reactions that just seem real to me, and some that seem false and (although I said I wasn't all that good in an earlier post) I think I'm pretty decent at distinguishing the two. If I
had
to quantify it I think scum (particularly scum that figured it was fake) would have made more of a strop about it and complained and gotten faux-angrier about it. Bipolar sort of just jokes about it - and the asking to see if he could post before the mod confirmed his "death" just feels genuine.
In post 274, Mister Rogers wrote:And you expect others not to agree with your gut?
Well to put it another way I'd be surprised if EVERYONE agreed with my gut read.
In post 276, Mister Rogers wrote:I noticed some posting earlier that if it turns out scum have daytalk would look pretty suspicious based on the right flips.
Since there's no real way to find out if the scum have daytalk or not are you willing to reveal these? Or is this information best revealed after other shit has gone down and we have some flips?
In post 275, talah wrote:All I could come up with was that
she
was indicating I was an excellent push-target for the other team.
In post 277, RachMarie wrote:umm Mastin is a he :P
HOW WELL
DO
YOU KNOW MASTIN TALAH?
:P
Don't ask me to provide self meta
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:32 pm

Post by talah »

Ugh - yeah pain sucks. Especially considering painkillers/anaesthetic/etc can get rid of it, makes me angreh that the brain just wants to do its job a bit too eagerly.

Think mastin changed pronouns not so long ago.

Are you getting any inklings of other reads Rach?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:34 pm

Post by talah »

In post 278, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 277, RachMarie wrote:umm Mastin is a he :P
HOW WELL
DO
YOU KNOW MASTIN TALAH?
Can't.. Tell.. If.. Trolling...
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 278, ThAdmiral wrote: Well its "gut" in that I have no proof to back it up or anything. Like there are some reactions that just seem real to me, and some that seem false and (although I said I wasn't all that good in an earlier post) I think I'm pretty decent at distinguishing the two. If I
had
to quantify it I think scum (particularly scum that figured it was fake) would have made more of a strop about it and complained and gotten faux-angrier about it. Bipolar sort of just jokes about it -
and the asking to see if he could post before the mod confirmed his "death" just
feels
reads genuine.
Ok, so here we now agree (with the appropriate edit). So really, its more than gut right?
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:55 pm

Post by Damon_Gant »

In post 252, 4nxi3ty wrote:PV, thoughts on Luca? (whose close to being replaced, yet manages to find time to post elsewhere today)
I forgot to mention this Luca's activity elsewhere when I made my vote - it was another critical part of my thinking.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:08 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

@Anx: What prompted you to change your mind on DG?
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:49 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

@Mastin: My condolences on your Grandma. You will always remember her in your heart. :)
In post 220, mastin2 wrote:
In post 119, ThAdmiral wrote:You're going to have to explain the whole "Talah
is
scum" but "My scumread here (damon gant) is much, much stronger".
Scales of scumread? Doc is minor. Talah was medium-strong. (Now is weak-at-worst. Give me a while to mull it over.) Damon is super-mega-basically-confscum-strong.
Ummm. Sorry to have to say this but this is an explanation from a 2nd grader. I think its understandable however due to the circumstances. :(

It seems everyone is giving Mastin a pass due to self-meta (including Thad who specifically forbids it for himself) but due to his own admission, Mastin is unreadable except for his reads and therefore his self-meta is manipulatable (by behavior) and thus invalid.

Just sayin'.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:11 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

Pere throwing out as many town reads as he possibly can and retaining his focus on BJC's 1st post is not the quality I needed to see. He is downgraded to
null to scum

There is a sort of bizarre dynamic here because he only has two votes and both people are voting him for a scummy reason; there are still ways it can make sense though.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:37 am

Post by DeasVail »

I'm back!

Talah, I was asking why you thought it possible that mastin's attempt to squash activity would succeed.

Regarding Mastin, I was more concerned about her than I was about you, but I think that her making a huge deal about how she only voted for you and didn't call you scum is kind of silly and also happens to be rather townish!

is townish from Rach imo.

I like Bipolar too.

I feel like aptil missed the most important part of talah's ?

Snow, regarding , I wouldn't say Damon's really a townread for me, but I don't agree with the scumread because it's not like Damon's trying to pretend that he thinks bjc is scum. Maybe I'll be proven wrong as I read through, but I'm more interested in looking at what he does next.

Still not feeling Damon-scum, actually leaning town. (Will be explained later).

I like Projectmatt's reads.

Ok, Bipolar-town feelings are fading away fast.

Zdenek, I feel really conflicted about Bipolar's reaction to your fakevig. I completely agreed with your scumread, but considering that the dayvig gambit has become so common that it's often used as a joke, I don't know if I trust his reaction. What are your thoughts?

Projectmatt, why are you upset about Bipolar being most likely town?

Yates is so town. <3

~~

I am only at the end of page 10 (I may or may not have only skimmed Rogers' post though, so I'll actually do that later) and I don't have the time for read explanations, but I'm fairly happy with them and they'll be sure to come later. I apologise for not being as on top of things as I had hoped to be (stuff has come up the last couple of days), but I do anticipate being able to be more involved soon.

Reads within each category are not in order of strength.

Some form of townread:

Mister Rogers
talah
bjc
Yates
PeregrineV
mastin2
SnowStorm
Damon_Gant
RachMarie
Zdenek

Pending or Null or I can't really be bothered:

Smudger
Luca Blight
BipolarChemist
Nero Cain
Projectmatt
4nxi3ty

Scum:

Doc Holliday
Aptil
ThAdmiral

Reads obviously may change once I finish reading up and actually ISO people. Sorry again for not being completely caught up.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:26 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Apologies for my lack of activity thus far, I will commit a bit of time later to going through this thread and will post my reads then.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:06 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 286, DeasVail wrote: Projectmatt, why are you upset about Bipolar being most likely town?
I wasn't really
upset
but it was more like a "aww man, my initial read was off" realization that prompted a frownie face.

And to the person who asked a few pages back that I don't recall the name of - yes, I do read Bipolar's reaction as slightly organic. Not really enough for me to have a super confident townread but at least enough for me to back up for the moment.

To answer another question - bjc clearly wasn't posting "I'm scum" as some kind of advanced reaction test, but it was blatantly a joke. As stupid as the joke was, bjc + the reactions to his joke make him town, I believe.
In post 213, 4nxi3ty wrote: I've changed my mind about damon.

unvote, vote: Luca
Why?

Right now, I actually want:
Vote: Aptil
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:57 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 241, Zdenek wrote:How do you get from giving me examples of things scum could be doing based on bjc being either town or scum to asking me about whether ThAd, doc or damon is scum or not scum?
Because how scum interacts with scum is different than how scum interacts with town. You are trying to contend that all are scum merely because they interacted?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:59 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 242, Zdenek wrote:Your thought progression here makes no sense to me at all.
I agree. How you find scum interactions between two players enough to call one scum but not call the other town or scum is beyond me.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:00 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 21, bjc wrote:I'm scum.
In post 33, bjc wrote:I have nothing so far considering I made one comment right before I left for home, just got home when I made the other comment while skimming the game.

So yeah... I have no "take" on this game so far at all, lol. Except for the usual people that are too uptight.
In post 248, bjc wrote:dodging here as well
OK!!

We look forward to your posts!!! :D
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:08 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 249, Mister Rogers wrote:
Pere
-- Neighborhood Q/T joke RVS vote with no other comment even though some genuine conflict has begun. Votes low hanging fruit in BJC but does point out that BJC skimming 30 posts sounds faked. Makes a comment about voting BB_replace_scum; obviously faulty analysis on its face but it DID force some people to bring BB meta up AND it created an easy target for those who are so desirous. I like the genuine scum hunting but dislike the target; the benefit of the doubt here lies in Pere returning to this thread for more genuine content. Conditional null to town
I don't have time to crack all of these, but let's hit a few.

Why was bjc "low hanging fruit"?

Why was BB_replace_scum "faulty analysis"? There was absolutely no analysis involved, it was a bald statement that attracted far more attention than it should have.

I currently have only one target, but he is so busy up the thread that I'll probably just shoot him myself tonight.

All content to date has been genuine. Link to any that you feel has not been, and we'll talk.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:22 am

Post by bjc »

In post 291, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 33, bjc wrote:I have nothing so far considering I made one comment right before I left for home, just got home when I made the other comment while skimming the game.

So yeah... I have no "take" on this game so far at all, lol. Except for the usual people that are too uptight.
OK!!

We look forward to your posts!!! :D
:roll: I already offered a few thoughts Saturday, I believe. Did you not read them?
"
I am literally panicking right now because
I'm a fucking VT
and it really looks like I'm gonna get lynched and that scares me. I'd like to survive past Day 1.
"
-The great LeMidget
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:24 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 249, Mister Rogers wrote:
BJC
-- Claims scum. Regardless of opinions regarding this post, it DID help to get the game rolling and its impact can STILL be felt in this game. He seems to overjustify his behavior with a timeline of his actions and makes a strange comment about "the usual people are too uptight" which I still don't understand. Votes Doc after skimming which also appears as over-justification of his behavior along with more timeline regarding content. Then, similar to Talah, something clicks and his posts take on a better character. He starts with cog-dis in Thad's joke criteria being OK for Pere but not OK for himself. He queries Doc on how his post can even be termed a gambit as nobody could possibly take it seriously; I found this to be quite impressive logic. He accurately points out Doc's fencesitting his wagon and then tells me I am talkative because he has read my game on site; that really did impress me. I like how he fully accepts Aptil's lynchbait assertion with a certain free flowing joy that is tough to fake. He actually did skim 30 posts. I like him calling DG out for his vote of himself and can only agree with his Luca appraisal as finger pointing. Man I wish this guy was around more but what I have seen can only be
town
In post 31, bjc wrote:Yeah there is nothing town about a joke early in the game. Sheesh.

In post 35, bjc wrote:
vote: Doc

I'll be back tomorrow to offer actual opinions, and this vote is based on a skim of the thread.
In post 82, bjc wrote:
So my question here is why the above fake-claim/joke is okay while mine isn't?

:igmeou: Horrible. First off, since when was this a gambit?
Second, why is something like that posted in RVS even taken seriously?
Lastly, I like that you say this deserves a vote yet stick with who you're voting at the time. Doesn't make a lot of sense for someone that just scolded me for claiming scum in my opening post. :roll:

Are you the talkative type? After reading the newbie game you were a part of with BB and molla, I'm thinking yes. :D

Yeah, well that's like, your opinion, man.

What's there to skim? All thirty posts I guess. Self-voting is town?

I find your breakdown of my post fascinating.

Bad vote.

You have to question why people needlessly ponder why bjc posted it in the first place, unless you're scum pointing fingers this early for something so silly to get an early wagon on someone, I guess.
In post 96, bjc wrote:
In post 92, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 82, bjc wrote:So my question here is why the above fake-claim/joke is okay while mine isn't?
I didn't claim an anti-town role.
Both were fake, so I don't see the difference.
Let me just say you make a lot of assumptions and then call him town. Perhaps a re-analysis is in order.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:27 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 252, 4nxi3ty wrote:PV, thoughts on Luca? (whose close to being replaced, yet manages to find time to post elsewhere today)
None, really. the three posts of his are not enough to get a read on.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:29 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 254, Mister Rogers wrote:Pardon my ignorance but what is MSU?
Making Shit Up.

(like stupid acronyms)
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:31 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

RE: Pere

Why was BJC low hanging fruit

Because he made a post that was very easy to attack.

Why was BB_replace_scum "faulty analysis"

Well I like how it brought people to attack you. Yes you are making a good point here. You were low hanging fruit too. I have Rach as scum for that (among other things). I am not liking Yates for it especially because he hasn't moved an inch while the "thread has exploded". Although again, a bizarre dynamic, but you haven't given him a reason to move either.

Very funny. At this point he is prod-dodge/lurking. Seeing his first post as null, I shall be judging him based on subsequent posts and/or lack thereof.

Throwing out a bunch of town reads with only one "scum suspect" is scumtastic. It is not genuine town play. This is a game with 19 other players and almost all of them have posted and a handful of them are scum (and probably not BJC imo).
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:31 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 260, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 229, PeregrineV wrote: Damon is town.
talah is town
ThAd is town.
Yates is town.
Rogers is town.

Some others I want to give town reads(snip)
Yup. Not seeing the content I wanted from Pere.
You are free to agree with me about why my reads are wrong. In fact, I encourage it.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:34 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

He hasn't posted since. I like the points I mentioned. There is no need for me to re-analyze anything until he posts again. If he makes prod dodging a habit I will be happy to wagon him.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”