Micro 310: Shitty Joke Smalltown II (game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:50 am

Post by absta101 »

In post 197, farside22 wrote:
In post 194, absta101 wrote:I don't like farside that much anymore so she can be null (due to post 187).
What's wrong with post 187?

You know the problem with this game is no one is really say much of anything. Private, Micc, Yiley, Jklash.
Even Mit kind of fell off this game.
You've got so much experience yet you still throw the OMGUS call on Brian?
I'm going to look into your reasons for voting Brian and see what I think.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:56 am

Post by absta101 »

Okay then Tier, who are your scumspects and why aren't you voting them (Brian and Micc are more vote worthy then Private btw).

Yiley just needs to replace out if he can't handle the pace of this game. That's my honest opinion.
---

Unvote: Brian

For now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:15 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 200, absta101 wrote:
In post 197, farside22 wrote:
In post 194, absta101 wrote:I don't like farside that much anymore so she can be null (due to post 187).
What's wrong with post 187?

You know the problem with this game is no one is really say much of anything. Private, Micc, Yiley, Jklash.
Even Mit kind of fell off this game.
You've got so much experience yet you still throw the OMGUS call on Brian?
I'm going to look into your reasons for voting Brian and see what I think.
I didn't call him say he was scum for OMGUS. I was going him mr. OMGUS. His post was basically you are scummy for calling me scum. No real reason other then as I stated he wants to appease people but states that he typically does his own things. One thought does not match with the other thought.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:17 am

Post by farside22 »

God that reads terribly.

I did not call Brain Mr. OMGUS for scum purposes. I was saying it because his post was calling me scum for saying he was scum.
My case is that he comes in wanting to appease people by using his role as wished but admits later that he typically does things on his own.
One thought does not match the other.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:22 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 201, absta101 wrote:Okay then Tier, who are your scumspects and why aren't you voting them (Brian and Micc are more vote worthy then Private btw).
You even mention them in this post, so I think you know!

Private is voteworthy for not doing a fucking shit this game. In fact, if he comes back from his v/la and still doesn't do anything, I'd be happy to have him lynched.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:23 am

Post by absta101 »

Still, use OMGUS near new players and they'll think "holy shit she's right; he must be scum!".

I'll take a look later. I need to gtfo now.
---

P-Edit: @Tier - So you'd rather PL than lynch scummy players?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:29 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 205, absta101 wrote:Still, use OMGUS near new players and they'll think "holy shit she's right; he must be scum!".

I'll take a look later. I need to gtfo now.
---

P-Edit: @Tier - So you'd rather PL than lynch scummy players?
Meh I use the OMGUS more if I feel the case is meaniless. Not as a scum tell. My quip was more saracastic then reaction.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:55 am

Post by Mitillos »

@Yiley: Care to explain the discrepancy Micc laid out in post 188? If you believe that town behaviour entails extensive involvement, why are you not engaging people here? How does staying away from the discussion help the town?

@Micc: Could you give me the link to the game where Yiley says this, please? You only linked his scumgame, as far as I can see.

@TierShift: I have had trouble finding categorically scummy behaviour in this game, but I'm interested in Yiley's response, right now. I think farside, absta, jklash and Micc look at least somewhat town, right now. This leaves Yiley, Brian Skies, you and PrivateI. I guess the scummiest of these would have to be Yiley, if he doesn't have a good response to Micc's meta.

Having said this, I don't like your "leave Yiley to me, I can figure him out" thing. Also, why are you asking if absta can or cannot filter out your scumreads, instead of simply giving them out directly? It looks like stalling.

@farside: Sorry about that. Too much lurking for my taste.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:43 am

Post by jklash12 »

In post 188, Micc wrote: Link to Yiley's ISO in his only scum game that I know of. To say that he wasn't engaged in that game is an understatement. Its a sharp contrast to the town game I played with him where he emphasized that being active and involved was good town play in his first few posts. His one line posts once per day feel more like the scum game than the town one.
I really don't see much contrast between this game Yiley and last game Yiley. He did say that about being active but that is taken out of context because his other early posts are similar to his play in this game.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Micc
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:50 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 207, Mitillos wrote:@Yiley: Care to explain the discrepancy Micc laid out in post 188? If you believe that town behaviour entails extensive involvement, why are you not engaging people here? How does staying away from the discussion help the town?

@Micc: Could you give me the link to the game where Yiley says this, please? You only linked his scumgame, as far as I can see.

@TierShift: I have had trouble finding categorically scummy behaviour in this game, but I'm interested in Yiley's response, right now. I think farside, absta, jklash and Micc look at least somewhat town, right now. This leaves Yiley, Brian Skies, you and PrivateI. I guess the scummiest of these would have to be Yiley, if he doesn't have a good response to Micc's meta.

Having said this, I don't like your "leave Yiley to me, I can figure him out" thing. Also, why are you asking if absta can or cannot filter out your scumreads, instead of simply giving them out directly? It looks like stalling.

@farside: Sorry about that. Too much lurking for my taste.
Why do you have a town read on Micc?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:30 am

Post by TierShift »

^what I'm wondering too
In post 205, absta101 wrote:@Tier - So you'd rather PL than lynch scummy players?
No. I'll tell you what my intentions with pushing for private are soon, hopefully. I don't think he's necessarily been scummy but he can sure use a couple of good ole lurker votes.

mitillos, I think my scumreads were pretty clear and I'm not spelling out everything, if you can't read, your problem.
I've seen yiley being misread quite a shitton of times and scum always push for him, that's why I'd rather not leave it to absta's judgement. I myself have never read him wrongly. Not to boast in any way.

Mit, I have problems reading your posts due to.the awful paragraphing style that you have. Is it somrthing you always do?

Jk, I don't think yiley's play here has been anything like in newbie 1474. The newbness and clumsiness are always part of his play. Do you see any attempts at figuring out the game like last time, or what else does strike you as resembling his previous game?
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:57 am

Post by Mitillos »

@farside: Post 36: Concern regarding the worst case scenario for town.

Post 113: Defended absta a little and made his intentions regarding you (the double-voter) clear, stating he didn't see either of you as scummy. This was largely unprompted, which shows interest in both townhunting and scumhunting.

Post 142: Trying to make the most of the roles, in terms of finding scum.Trying to break the game in favour of the town is good (even though I don't think it can work in this setup), and it's not being done at the expense of scumhunting, which would be a thing scum is more likely to do.

In addition, his case on Yiley is a very good starting point, at the very least. Saying that involvement is good and then staying largely out of the game is a clear contradiction.

Speaking of which, I found the link to the game where Yiley said that and I disagree with jklash. Yiley appears very active in that game, as a JK and most intervals of low activity from him seem to be centred around rl stuff (V/LA and so on) and night phases.

p-edit: @Tier: It's not about whether I can read or not. Someone called the clarity of your reads into question. Being abrasive about it doesn't help town, when you can just give the names or the post number where you believe that you gave your reads clearly. Sure, you don't have to, but it's not that difficult. And even if you don't, there's no need to say something as pointless as "You really can't filter out of my post who my scumspects are?". Like I said, it looks like stalling.

I understand not wanting to trust someone else's opinion of Yiley so readily, but that's exactly the problem. You're asking the town to do what you are refusing to do. You said "Yiley is easy to read imo so just leave that shit to me.", not "absta's probably wrong about Yiley".

As for my paragraphing, no, it used to be much worse, in my opinion. What would make my posts more readable, in your opinion? (Anyone can answer this.)
options
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 189, TierShift wrote:
In post 142, Micc wrote:
In post 134, farside22 wrote:Why is there interest only in me and absta? Are you only scum searching based on roles? If so why?
Knowing all the roles makes it easier to see how the game might pan out. Because of your roles, this game is going to revolve around you and absta. Maybe not in day one, but farther down the road being solid on these two reads is going to be absolutely necessary. So yes, I am scum searching based on roles. It also helps that I have a newly finished game with half the player list. Im fairly confident that I can read Yiley. jklash and Tiershift not as much, but at least I have experience playing with them. Newbie 1474 in case anyone cares.
Mehhhhhhh..... so you're only scumhunting based on roles and nothing else? Convinced you can read me, yiley and jklash (like really but sure think that) but then not question us, trying to form these reads?
Not sure if you're intentionally putting those words in my mouth, or just didn't read very closely.
In post 162, Micc wrote:Nothing else is jumping out at me about anyone expect Yiley. So far this game looks more like scum-Yiley than town-Yiley.

UNVOTE: Farside
VOTE: Yiley
Why are you not interacting with him, asking him questions?
Because interacting with Yiley usually ends with me wanting to close my laptop and not play mafia for the rest of the day. It's not like he is here to interact with anyways.
In post 189, TierShift wrote:Micc, who can read me so well, what's your read on me?
Again with the putting words in my mouth? I have you as null right now.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 192, absta101 wrote:@Micc - I looked at one of Yiley's town games and he played roughly the same there as he is here. So I don't feel comfortable calling him scum for his completely fucking shit playstyle.
That doesn't explain why Yiley didn't end up in your pile of players who you "believe the scum is in". Being outside of that pile seems to indicate a weak town read at the very least. What I am trying to understand is how your opinion of Yiley's playstyle makes you uncomfortable with calling him scum, but completely comfortable with suggesting he is town.
In post 207, Mitillos wrote: @Micc: Could you give me the link to the game where Yiley says this, please? You only linked his scumgame, as far as I can see.
Link. Most notebly the posts spoiler-ed below.
Spoiler: Yiley promoting good activity in Newbie 1474
In post 12, Yiley wrote:Also as a note you newbies need to be active no one could get any reads in that game because no one posted for a long time and the final three were very inactive besides ddd who was doing it on purpose. BE ACTIVE. also I'm bad at this game and I will be scum read by a majority most likely at some point. My past games show this.
In post 21, Yiley wrote:You wannaa go look at my games? Does it look like I have ever done the type of coasting you are describing? I have had 1 scum game and it was bad. Activity as in if I post something for you to respond to how long on average do I have to wait for an answer

In post 208, jklash12 wrote:
In post 188, Micc wrote: Link to Yiley's ISO in his only scum game that I know of. To say that he wasn't engaged in that game is an understatement. Its a sharp contrast to the town game I played with him where he emphasized that being active and involved was good town play in his first few posts. His one line posts once per day feel more like the scum game than the town one.
I really don't see much contrast between this game Yiley and last game Yiley. He did say that about being active but that is taken out of context because his other early posts are similar to his play in this game.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Micc
I would love to hear why you think that was out of context, because its baffling me that you think that. While you are at it show us how the games are similar, because I don't see that either.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by Mitillos »

@Micc: Yeah, I saw it when I ISO'ed you again. Thanks.
options
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by N »

Prodding Yiley and Brian Skies

Vote Count 1.06
Mitillos
(0)
Micc
(1) jklash12
absta101
(1) PrivateI
farside22
(0)
PrivateI
(1) TierShift
Brian Skies
(2)
farside22
TierShift
(1) Yiley
Yiley
(1) Micc
jklash12
(0)

Not Voting
(3) Brian Skies, Mitillos, absta101

With 10 votes in play, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-03-26 23:10:08)

V/LA:
farside22 on weekends, PrivateI until Thursday
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:30 am

Post by farside22 »

Mod: V/LA till Monday.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:14 am

Post by absta101 »

This game has gotten quite complicated. I need more time but we only have 5 days so i'm going to have to speed this shit up.
---
@Micc
Micc wrote:That doesn't explain why Yiley didn't end up in your pile of players who you "believe the scum is in". Being outside of that pile seems to indicate a weak town read at the very least. What I am trying to understand is how your opinion of Yiley's playstyle makes you uncomfortable with calling him scum, but completely comfortable with suggesting he is town.
Yiley is null to me, not town...
---

Okay did a re-read. I'm feeling quite confident in this strat right here:
VOTE: Tier

@Yiley
- Investigate Micc please.
---
I gave my reasons for Tier-scum earlier and after the re-read i'm even more confident on it.

Farside is back to town. Mitt is town. Brian is not as scummy as before imo. Jklash is not a town read anymore. Not so sure on Micc scum anymore but still think he's a possibility. Worst case scenario, Yiley and Jklash are scum.
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:26 am

Post by jklash12 »

TS- What I find similar to last game is that both times it hard to see him scum hunting and now that I look at it again he has been posting a lot less in this game then in the last game. Maybe Yiley is scum because I read Yiley's scum game when you posted the link for it and I remember in that game Yiley was really inactive.

Micc- That is out of context because you made it sound like he was doing a lot and helping the town when in fact most of his posts weren't helpful.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:33 am

Post by absta101 »

@Jklash
In post 176, jklash12 wrote: I am going to have to take another look at micc because he was scum in my other game with him
and in the game he looked super town.
In post 179, jklash12 wrote:
Micc's play looks similar to his play in the game where he was scum
. I went back and compared I don't see anything that suggest he is town. So I am leaning scum on Micc.
This looks pretty bad. Are you voting Micc for looking like his previous game in which he looked town (but was scum)?
Not finding anything to suggest someone is town means that they're null, not scum (unless they look scummy for something else).
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:39 am

Post by jklash12 »

To be honest, I am not quite sure what I am doing anymore. I am so confused.

UNVOTE:
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:48 am

Post by absta101 »

That actually made me lol.

Jklash look at my reasons for voting Tier if you must. You should probably just sheep me on this though.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:02 am

Post by Micc »

Absta's reads make me lol.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:23 am

Post by absta101 »

They are just reads not my reasons for the reads obv.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:23 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 212, Micc wrote:
In post 142, Micc wrote:
In post 134, farside22 wrote:Why is there interest only in me and absta? Are you only scum searching based on roles? If so why?
Knowing all the roles makes it easier to see how the game might pan out. Because of your roles, this game is going to revolve around you and absta. Maybe not in day one, but farther down the road being solid on these two reads is going to be absolutely necessary. So yes, I am scum searching based on roles. It also helps that I have a newly finished game with half the player list. Im fairly confident that I can read Yiley. jklash and Tiershift not as much, but at least I have experience playing with them. Newbie 1474 in case anyone cares.
Mehhhhhhh..... so you're only scumhunting based on roles and nothing else? Convinced you can read me, yiley and jklash (like really but sure think that) but then not question us, trying to form these reads?
Not sure if you're intentionally putting those words in my mouth, or just didn't read very closely.
In post 162, Micc wrote:Nothing else is jumping out at me about anyone expect Yiley. So far this game looks more like scum-Yiley than town-Yiley.

UNVOTE: Farside
VOTE: Yiley
Why are you not interacting with him, asking him questions?
Because interacting with Yiley usually ends with me wanting to close my laptop and not play mafia for the rest of the day. It's not like he is here to interact with anyways.
In post 189, TierShift wrote:Micc, who can read me so well, what's your read on me?
Again with the putting words in my mouth? I have you as null right now.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”