NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:44 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

Rogers is posting like he STILL NEEDS TO SORT ME, not like he already has me pegged for scum and wants others to help him lynch me.
Quote the posts. I am very clear that you are scum and why. On attack however, I do sort who I am attacking; analyzing their defense for alignment indication.
In post 933, Mister Rogers wrote:
Oh - and seeing you're having a whole lot of trouble getting *other* folks to want to vote me, but rather are just engaging in pointless back-and-forth, half concessions and pandering to folks who are scumhunting on you, here, have this:
If I am having trouble then there is no problem right? I mean no pressure, this Bert alt is derp voting me, big freaking deal. I'm gonna catch me some scum because I'm a quality player not a derp like Bert-alt over there.

But your response? Go into orbit and self-vote.

More cog-dis. More out of place AtE.
Hmm - I'm having trouble deciphering Roger's point here. Surely HE'S the Bert alt. Why would he need to ASSERT that he's a quality player? Isn't that a judgement that OTHERS need to make?
No that is me theoretically speaking as youself. In other words, since I am a derp player then what is the big deal that I am voting you? You only have 2 votes. That IS cog-dis.

Code: Select all

having only 2 total people voting on a weak wagon <> going ape crap and self-voting.

You don't drive on, you melt down.

Combine that with calling allies, buddying Nero, preemptively town-posting yourself with self-meta AND no scum hunting, excuse making, wagon hopping and its just a very scummy profile all around.
"Won't you be my neighbor?"
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:46 am

Post by Snork »

I also find it funny that Talah finds my reads from page 12 repulsive, switched from town-reading the slot that had no content, to "might lynch" without ever interacting with me at all.

Good scumhunting bro.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:51 am

Post by talah »

I just figured out your main by the way.

Ed:
Snork wrote:- Defending people without reason
- Attacking people for attacking other people you aren't even town reading
- "I'm so lost!" followed by "You fucks obviously need time to work things out".
- Illogical reversals without explanation

Should I continue? I can get quotes if you like.
- defending people without reason isn't a scumtell unless you want to use that information to prove something about the folks I'm defending after I flip, so yeah, back yourself with names at least (I don't care about quotes)

- yeah that's right, I did make a big thing about the bjc thing and I didn't have much of a read on him at the time; I was actually trying to clarify why certain people were reading him as they were (if that's what you're referring to)

- yep, the I'm Lost (TM) (wow, what a weak thing to call someone scum for btw) post was first thing in the morning and was absolutely true at the time, probably a side-effect of being attacked by you-know-who so irrationally so early on. I never really got a chance to make this game feel like my own

- if you want me to explain any reversal at all, all you need to do is ask. That's easy since I'm town.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:53 am

Post by talah »

In post 951, Snork wrote:I also find it funny that Talah finds my reads from page 12 repulsive, switched from town-reading the slot that had no content, to "might lynch" without ever interacting with me at all.

Good scumhunting bro.
I don't have to interact with you to read your posts and have an opinion on you. Fact is, you've interacted with virtually nobody so far anyway.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:55 am

Post by talah »

In post 951, Snork wrote:I also find it funny that Talah finds my reads from page 12 repulsive, switched from town-reading the slot that had no content, to "might lynch" without ever interacting with me at all.

Good scumhunting bro.
You also weren't here at page 12.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:59 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

To make this as very plain as possible:
Talah's own words wrote:you're having a whole lot of trouble getting *other* folks to want to vote me
DOES NOT EQUAL
His response of melting down & self-voting
Something is causing this imbalance. I assert that the "something" is exaggerated over-sensitivity to suspicion. I personally feel this more of a scum trait than a town trait.

But no mind. His game profile speaks for itself.

PEDIT: Yikes moar excuses ho!
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:04 am

Post by Snork »

My main?

And you don't seem to read so well. The reads you are referring to, the only reads I've posted so far, are reads I acquired from reading the thread
up to page 12
which I had pretty explicitly stated. It wasn't like that was a hidden fact or anything. I'm still on page 33 right now in fact and have to post an updated analysis.

Instead of querying me on whether I'd finished, or if my reads had changed, knowing they were from events that occurred over 20 pages ago, you flip your position without explanation and without any attempt at sorting why your read changed.

See, when I start to feel someone is more town or less town, I usually know why, and I ask them about that why so i can determine if it's something valid. You didn't bother doing that. You know, you didn't bother trying to determine if I was actually scum or not. You threw me in that "might lynch" list because... ? Because you didn't like my reads? From page 12?

Come on now.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:07 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

Actually Talah's play improved substantially after my early attack. If anything the side effect of my attack was A VERY STRONG TOWN PROFILE which view I held for some time. Then he posted the "I'm lost" and upon examining his ISO and sifting his responses to that query, I have held him as scum ever since. Had he continued on as strongly I would of not suspected him probably all game.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:08 am

Post by DeasVail »

Ok, I'm pretty much caught up. I may not have read absolutely everything, but just pretend I have and we'll be good.

I've also realised that I just don't have the time right now to keep on top of constantly updating my reads on every player, so I'm going to mostly be focusing on scumreads for the time being.

My shortlist for lynching is.....

4nxi3ty (mostly for as it completely ignores that he's actually proving himself that town do indeed have doubt)
Pisskop
Aptil

I could possibly be convinced on others, but you'll have to sell me.

Vote: Pisskop
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:10 am

Post by Snork »

Ah that reminds, I've actually changed my mind about Pisskop. I kind of liked the way he responded to me last night. I think his reads are pretty bad but I can see what he's doing.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:11 am

Post by talah »

@Town:
In post 955, Mister Rogers wrote:Something is causing this imbalance. I assert that the "something" is exaggerated over-sensitivity to suspicion. I personally feel this more of a scum trait than a town trait.
And here, fellow townies, is Rogers softening his read on the player he's voting (me) and commencing Operation Finally Fucking Pushing A Case (TM).

But why would Rogers want to hedge on his scumread being scum? Is he truly going to push a policy lynch when he's been so very clear that he's scum reading me?

Answer: It's a trick question! Rodgers has, actually, been 100% opaque on whether he thinks I'm actually scum. He's hedging on all fronts, now calling it bad null play and seamlessly transitioning from an initial attack and resultant townread, to a period of silence and progressive scumread while bogging down the thread with questions which any educated rhinoceros could ask based on the events unfolding in front of its eyes.

This man who believes my play scum and asked for meta, has not even looked at the meta he asked for.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:13 am

Post by DeasVail »

talah, do you get an almost Wake-from-Gundam-ish vibe from Mister Rogers? I think he's town.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:14 am

Post by Snork »

DeasVail, would you mind giving your perspective of DG and Talah?

Also -
Bipolar Chemist is still playing this game?

p-edit: Why anyone is pushing MR is outside my ability to understand. His intentions are so transparent. Another reason Talah is scum. MR comes around to scumreading him, and voila, MR is a magical lynch option. I'm sure Pisskop's misguided attention towards him helped Talah decide this was a good idea.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:16 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 962, Snork wrote:DeasVail, would you mind giving your perspective of DG and Talah?
I think they're both town.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:17 am

Post by DeasVail »

I feel better about my townreads than my scumreads fwiw.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:18 am

Post by Snork »

Who are your scumreads again?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:18 am

Post by talah »

In post 956, Snork wrote:My main?

And you don't seem to read so well. The reads you are referring to, the only reads I've posted so far, are reads I acquired from reading the thread
up to page 12
which I had pretty explicitly stated. It wasn't like that was a hidden fact or anything. I'm still on page 33 right now in fact and have to post an updated analysis.

Instead of querying me on whether I'd finished, or if my reads had changed, knowing they were from events that occurred over 20 pages ago, you flip your position without explanation and without any attempt at sorting why your read changed.

See, when I start to feel someone is more town or less town, I usually know why, and I ask them about that why so i can determine if it's something valid. You didn't bother doing that. You know, you didn't bother trying to determine if I was actually scum or not. You threw me in that "might lynch" list because... ? Because you didn't like my reads? From page 12?

Come on now.
Well, whatever. I based my "might lynch" assessment of you on the fact that your reads were so shitty and obtuse.
Go about your catch-up then, but I still wanna hear that list of who I've been defending without reason.

Not a fan of your vote atm.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:19 am

Post by Snork »

Ignore dumb post. Pisskop, 4nx and aptil.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:20 am

Post by Snork »

Shitty and obtuse? Strong language. Why are they shitty and obtuse?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:20 am

Post by talah »

In post 961, DeasVail wrote:talah, do you get an almost Wake-from-Gundam-ish vibe from Mister Rogers? I think he's town.
Possibly. Although Titus has been on the tip of my tongue more so (along with Saki from FE:A).
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:22 am

Post by talah »

In post 968, Snork wrote:Shitty and obtuse? Strong language. Why are they shitty and obtuse?
Shitty: they're nowhere near my own and are in direct conflict
Obtuse: the reasons for the reads were inadequately explained, or outright not explained at all
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:24 am

Post by Snork »

So why didn't you ask me to clarify?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:25 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 962, Snork wrote:p-edit: Why anyone is pushing MR is outside my ability to understand. His intentions are so transparent. Another reason Talah is scum. MR comes around to scumreading him, and voila, MR is a magical lynch option.
This is a pretty bad reason to be scumreading talah. The only reason for him to be scumreading MR is because he as scum would want to look town from it. No way someone like talah as scum actually thinks he has a chance of lynching MR.

Talah, I guess I disagree. Mister Rogers just seems
really
into the game and wanting everything done his way to an extent that I can't see scum mimicking. I will also say that I doubt your push on Mister Rogers (nor your self-vote) is going to lead anywhere today and you most likely won't be getting my support, but feel free to prove me wrong, as I acknowledge that I could be wrong about MR.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:26 am

Post by DeasVail »

I guess I think the reasons why he frustrates you so much come from him being town rather than scum.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:30 am

Post by talah »

In post 971, Snork wrote:So why didn't you ask me to clarify?
I feel overwhelmed with accusations to refute. Others seem more town. Pidgeon characterised your entry post as 'ridiculously town'. I felt like I had enough data already to feel comfortable with your lynch if it came down to a compromise.
In post 966, talah wrote: still wanna hear that list of who I've been defending without reason.
This please.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”