NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:30 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

@ZD: No, votes for Luca are not scummy but in my opinion, they are a great place for scum to be bussing & maybe even hiding (their votes).

However, on the post in question Luca hadn't totally stepped on it like he has done twice since then and at that point scum would be placing their vote on a lurker as a way to look townie busy.
"Won't you be my neighbor?"
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:33 am

Post by Yates »

In post 869, RachMarie wrote:Wait a minute? you are scum reading [Nero] cause he uses a Southern slang term for the plural you? :facepalm:
??? You may want to reread that post. He's saying that Nero is acknowledging that he's played with a lot of us and saying *WE* should know he'll yell about whatever he thinks needs to be yelled about. What's with people skim reading the game?
In post 886, Mister Rogers wrote:Yates is putting faith in you
Ha! No. I'm not putting ANY faith or trust in Nero. I am, however, saying that he takes time to read. The thing about Nero is that he will either sort out his supspects if Town or will expose himself as scum. There are enough people in this game familiar with his meta [as you probably know based on your focus on his "y'all" post] that he won't make it very far as scum.

Okay - now that I made the "skim" statement I have to admit that I totally skimmed over this Talah-Snork-MR stuff. And I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything important. My thoughts are pretty much summed up here:
In post 1053, SnowStorm wrote:WTF are you all arguing about?

What is the point of this discussion?
I'll check in tonight. Looks like the Luca wagon is picking up steam. Still not sure why but whatever. Looks like the pisskop town reads are picking up. This makes me sad.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:48 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

@Luca: Get off the Talah wagon, you're making it look bad. Please self-vote. kthxbai.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:01 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

Let me put it another way, can you think of any reason that scum would want to bus Talah? I can't, at least not until it becomes clear that he will be the day's lynch. I find that quite a valuable asset to us, the town.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't want to read the talah-bert rogers-snork threesome so was there anything important there?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:10 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

LOL. You know who reads SK? Luca. Wagon hopping the living crap out of this game.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:11 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 1104, Nero Cain wrote:I don't want to read the talah-bert rogers-snork threesome so was there anything important there?
Who cares. Produce your town game.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why does Luca read as SK as opposed to team scum?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:15 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

LOL. inb4 more attacking Rogers walls incoming. LOL I called it.

PEDIT: Are you actually talking to me? But ok, valid question. Of course he reads scum. But he also reads SK (at least in theory and only imo).
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

a lil' defensive there, eh?

Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:17 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

NERO CIVILITY TEST

@Nero: What do you think about my theory that Luca is low hanging fruit and would make for bad wagon analysis?
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:18 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 1109, Nero Cain wrote:a lil' defensive there, eh?
LOL. Well you do pack a whallop and I've been burned once so meh.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Is there a reason you are being so snarky to me?

I think Luca is scum and on the offchance that he's just a prod dodging lurker troll then he's not someone that I think should stay in the game.

Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:24 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 739, talah wrote:So here's what's going to happen with my pet scumlurker over the next few days:

HAI LUCA

He'll post just around or after the next dodge with an opinion on one or two of the non-controversial but mentioned players, probably laying down suspicion on someone like bjc or a quizzical query on Admiral or Pere.

A couple of days later, he'll apologise for lack of content again, and promise a catch up in the next couple of days.

He'll come back with three or four days from deadline and post a strong position on a townie for bad reasons. Then he'll attack one or two popular alternatives, very gently mind you, and place his vote on said strong-positioned townie. Posting twice or three times in the process!

Then two days out from deadline he'll say his vote needs to change to the most popular town candidate for lynch, and if there's opportunity or division close to deadline, he'll compromise on whatever townie's available.

I'm an Oracle.
I can't really see why you make this post. It just seems like you're sabotaging yourself in the long run.
In post 750, Yates wrote:Don't use out of game excuses for a read. I burned Pere on this earlier. It's super scummy.
You ignored Rogers when he did it.
In post 751, Yates wrote:Reaction Test: failed. YOU have been playing mafia too long to be dumb enough to think that was an ACTUAL scum slip accusation. If I were scum I'd push that point and call it a "slip" until you were hanged. Point of that post, though, is that it's dumb to tell people what you would do as scum and to try to pretend that the fact you aren't doing that is why you are town even though you just showed that you are aware of your scum meta and could therefore alter your meta accordingly.
This looks like bullshit.
In post 764, pisskop wrote:o.o bjc placed out.

i hope its a scumtell.
What do you think?
In post 769, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 767, AngryPidgeon wrote:Ya, thats pretty bad. People voting on a lone wagon should consider changing that.
You can be my Day 1 Mason buddy, AP.

Day 1 Mason QTI think Talah's posting the last few pages has improved, but only because I didn't look to closely at it. Why am I not getting the town feeling I want from her stuff?
Because of that post?
If so, I don't see it - especially with your Mastin vote.
In post 777, Yates wrote:For an example of a Town reaction to something like this, take a look at how I responded to pisskop when he replaced in and voted me for "meta reasons."
This is Yates giving an utterly unbelievable argument to insinuate that he's town.
In post 777, Yates wrote:TBH, it's kind of a null tell BUT it borders on scummy just enough that it's one of those things you can throw at a person to see how they respond to it.
well this answers one question.
In post 805, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 801, ThAdmiral wrote:Image

LOOK HOW MUCH FUN WE'RE HAVING!!!
Haha that is funny. You are coming across as town to me, as is Pisskop, so I will go ahead and UNVOTE: Pisskop

VOTE: 4nxi3ty
Have you read?
In post 810, SnowStorm wrote:Before: Luca Blight [3] (Damon_Gant, 4nxi3ty, talah)
After: 4nxi3ty [4] (ThAdmiral, Damon_Gant, talah, Luca Blight)

This looks funny, in a bad way. Can we just lynch them all?
What are you seeing?

I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:25 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

@Nero: That is true about Luca not being in this game. What do you think about this:

[The chances of someone being scum that appears to be doing it deliberately VS. the chances of someone being scum that is trying to appear as town]

I mean for the greater chances of actually hitting scum?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:26 am

Post by Zdenek »

I'm going to be able to finish catching up today.

Mod: I'm going to be V/LA Monday-Wednesday. Please don't replace me.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I think there are two types of players on this site. Those that act scummy regardless of alignment and those that try to look town as scum. This isn't exactly my first rodeo and I've seen players like Luca flip both town and scum. He DOES have a better chance to flip town based on sheer numbers alone but like I said he's not someone I'd care to keep around and scum can still EZly act like this.

vote:Luca

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:33 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I also think ZD should be replaced. :)

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:33 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I'm mobile and phone low power. I'll catch up here in a few hours.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:38 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 1116, Nero Cain wrote:I think there are two types of players on this site. Those that act scummy regardless of alignment and those that try to look town as scum. This isn't exactly my first rodeo and I've seen players like Luca flip both town and scum. He DOES have a better chance to flip town based on sheer numbers alone but like I said he's not someone I'd care to keep around and scum can still EZly act like this.

Ok that's kewl and I think respectable but what do you say to the argument that its better to vote the scummier target because actually hitting scum is more important?

I mean a rope isn't the be all end all. :wink:
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:46 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 1113, Zdenek wrote:
In post 810, SnowStorm wrote:Before: Luca Blight [3] (Damon_Gant, 4nxi3ty, talah)
After: 4nxi3ty [4] (ThAdmiral, Damon_Gant, talah, Luca Blight)

This looks funny, in a bad way. Can we just lynch them all?
What are you seeing?
I didn't like the Luca wagon and the players on it. I didn't like the 4nxi3ty wagon and the players on it. Then we have Luca and 4nx on each-other's wagons. What that means? IDK, but I don't like it.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:00 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

2014 Bus Buddy of the Year!

Not pointing fingers or anything, just sayin'...

And I guess I'll shut up. I have made my point as much as I can. :nerd:
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:04 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

Luca Blight [1 vote] (4nxi3ty, Matt, DG, Nero)

Here's where we're at as of this post.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1119, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 1116, Nero Cain wrote:I think there are two types of players on this site. Those that act scummy regardless of alignment and those that try to look town as scum. This isn't exactly my first rodeo and I've seen players like Luca flip both town and scum. He DOES have a better chance to flip town based on sheer numbers alone but like I said he's not someone I'd care to keep around and scum can still EZly act like this.

Ok that's kewl and I think respectable but what do you say to the argument that its better to vote the scummier target because actually hitting scum is more important?
I don't really think I can get a wagon going on you.
In post 1121, Mister Rogers wrote:Image

2014 Bus Buddy of the Year!

Not pointing fingers or anything, just sayin'...

And I guess I'll shut up. I have made my point as much as I can. :nerd:
:igmeou:

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:05 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 990, Mister Rogers wrote:Nice thread research but what exactly do you mean? Is he somehow asserting that town shouldn't have doubt?
Uh yes?

Talah, regardless of your alignment, don't let this game affect you too much. Esp. if your town, players will be players and do silly things and be frustrating etc. and if you're scum then I understand even moreso.
In post 1047, Mister Rogers wrote:@DV: What do you think about the Gundam Seed meta post I found? Why is there such a stark difference between town Talah there and Talah's play here?
I think it's a good post.

And I don't know! But what I do know is that you could find many previous town posts of mine and make a case for how they are oh so different from my play this game.

By the way Snork, talah is not the only one being frustrating here. I mean, your response to me in is all over the place with a whole bunch of points that contradict each other. Do I think you're scum for it? No.
In post 1050, Mister Rogers wrote:@DV: Also, you played in that game with him. How come you didn't notice the difference in his play?
Is this a question, or is it just the beginnings of an accusation that you're cleverly but not really disgusing?
In post 1052, Mister Rogers wrote:@Talah: Are you and DV scum buddies?
Hahaha, to be completely honest, I'm almost at the point where I've stopped caring about talah's alignment. It's us against the world talah! Yeeeaaaahhh.

SnowStorm, I know, right? I mean I'm reading it all and it's just ehhhhh.
In post 1054, Snork wrote:It's not worth reading, trust me. None of it.
Um what? Isn't it the nail in the coffin of scum-talah? That would be pretty worth reading if you ask me!

Snork, why is AP town?
In post 1072, Mister Rogers wrote:Btw, I can feel the scum trembling at the synergy here. :)
Oh yeah I'm trembling all right! Oh wait...
In post 1088, Mister Rogers wrote:Note that this is a negative interaction in that Talah didn't do something. There is pretty strong motivation for him not to if he wanted you as an ally, don't you think?
I have other reasons to townread him.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”