NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:24 am

Post by Yates »

In post 1105, Mister Rogers wrote:You know who reads SK?
In post 1161, Mister Rogers wrote:Are you town aligned neighborhood encryptor?
Noted. I googled "things tha make you go hmm" and thought this picture pretty much says it all:
In post 1195, Mister Rogers wrote:I get this and Yates, I mean c'mon its a valid query.
What does this mean?
In post 1113, Zdenek wrote:You ignored Rogers when he did it.
Show me. I must have missed it.
In post 1113, Zdenek wrote:This looks like bullshit.
So do your catch up posts. *shrug*

I don't remember who was picking on RM for making "lurker" excuses with the sinus stuff but this stood out to me:
In post 141, talah wrote:
@RachMarie-Mayor-Mod
- are we able to have a votecount tally and timer please?

Was going to do it last night but was too tired and crashed instead. VC coming up....Rach
Because she was the MOD. lol
In post 1180, pisskop wrote:Ill try to read upon monday, but tuesday afternoon at latest
How gracious of you to offer to be available 72 hours before deadline. I don't understand why anyone is town reading this.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:26 am

Post by aptil »

In post 1221, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 1219, aptil wrote:
In post 1218, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 1216, aptil wrote:Also snork is looking pretty much town from his posts but the bjc replacement feels scum replacement to me . He is still playing elsewhere .
Can you please clarify because:

Snork = the BJC replacement.

???
Yea i know that. From his posts snork looks town , but the manner in which bjc has asked for a replacement looks suscpicious . Bjc is playing elsewhere , why did he leave this game ?
To simply quell this suspicion I will give you what I feel is the best case scenario:

BJC was actually under R/L time pressure and could only handle so many games at once. He wanted to contribute here in a quality fashion like he normally does but simply didn't have the time and decided he would troll-scum hunt. It got out of hand and so he asked to be replaced.

Ok , fair enough .
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:28 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 1224, aptil wrote:Ok. So there are more people who i consider town on the talah wagon than the Luca wagon . I am still getting around Luca voting Talah . If they are indeed bussing each other .
Very nice point. Ya I feel you. Meh. This could be multi-ball (two scum teams). Luca (or even Talah wtheck) could be the SK. They could be bussing. I mean there are possible reasons.
"Won't you be my neighbor?"
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:34 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 1225, Yates wrote:
In post 1195, Mister Rogers wrote:I get this and Yates, I mean c'mon its a valid query.
What does this mean?
I think you'd better ask PK that sir and tbf, that is quite long overdue, in fact.
In post 1113, Zdenek wrote:You ignored Rogers when he did it.
Show me. I must have missed it.
Ya, I missed it too. I didn't comment on this because I simply didn't do it.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:53 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 1222, talah wrote:Oakhaven was the first mafia game I played anywhere.
This is BULL*HIT somehow. Nobody flings around buzzwords and runs a scum hunting game like that in their first game. You are being cute by having played some kind of variant or are simply lying (which is certainly allowed regardless of your r/l self-meta).

But seriously, can ANYONE, reading this game believe that this is Talah's VERY FIRST GAME ANYWHERE?

Regardless, it becomes moot when you consider that he has
expressed
the necessary expertise to not behave like he has this game AND he had ample time (ACTUAL DAYS) to bring his town game without being under ANY significant pressure and he didn't; he made excuses, he demeaned his attackers, misrepped a VALID meta case, AtE everywhere but NOWHERE is there a genuine town response or behavior.

Still he posts but nowhere is town Talah.
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:55 am

Post by aptil »

@MR and Yates : What is your opinion on DG ?
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:58 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

Wagon hopping, a who cares if they're scum attitude (consensus, wagon sheeping) -- it ain't town Talah.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:06 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 1230, aptil wrote:@MR and Yates : What is your opinion on DG ?
DG is scummy. He has a "lurkers above all else scum hunting" game which he refuses to give up. He is contributing regularly but there is nothing I can point to where I can say, "He's town because...".

Let's weigh that say against someone like PK.

PK is accusing multiple people with varying quality scum accusations. He spreads his suspicions around. So far he has come to no solid conclusions however. He might very well be scum BUT I think he is cutting a town profile because of his scum hunting effort. I can't be sure of this because I haven't seen his recent game views, but this is the opinion I hold right now.

See, I can't say that about DG.

I don't think he is the best lynch for today because he could easily be town that is easily misread as scum which seems to fit his posting style. Because he posts regaularly, I think its OK to at least have him around. I DO NOT like his scum hunting, it is easily something that scum would do to appear as town & and some point if he doesn't drastically and dramatically improve his game, he will need to go.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:08 am

Post by Yates »

In post 1228, Mister Rogers wrote:I think you'd better ask PK that sir and tbf, that is quite long overdue, in fact.
I legit have no idea what either of you are talking about. Is it post 704? Because I thought that was to the thread.

@pisskop - were you expecting a response to post 704 from me or the rest of the game? Because I'm pretty sure you can guess what *MY* answer is going to be.
Please pm me to pre-in
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:08 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

I have no problem lynching him today if it came down to it but I simply don't think we should and I think he's scum.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:10 am

Post by talah »

Oakhaven was my first mafia game anywhere, I haven't played any variants, and I've only played on this site.

I would appreciate it if you would stop slandering my character regarding
facts
which are
outside of the game.
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:11 am

Post by aptil »

In post 1232, Mister Rogers wrote:
DG is scummy. He has a "lurkers above all else scum hunting" game which he refuses to give up. He is contributing regularly but there is nothing I can point to where I can say, "He's town because...".

PK is accusing multiple people with varying quality scum accusations. He spreads his suspicions around. So far he has come to no solid conclusions however. He might very well be scum BUT I think he is cutting a town profile because of his scum hunting effort. I can't be sure of this because I haven't seen his recent game views, but this is the opinion I hold right now.

I don't think he is the best lynch for today because he could easily be town that is easily misread as scum which seems to fit his posting style. Because he posts regaularly, I think its OK to at least have him around. I DO NOT like his scum hunting, it is easily something that scum would do to appear as town & and some point if he doesn't drastically and dramatically improve his game, he will need to go.
He has refused to join the talah wagon because the case presented is not good enough . Consider the case people have made , i find it very hard to be saying things like that . He is a very dodgy character in my opinion .
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:13 am

Post by Yates »

I've had some interactions with him. Feel free to glean what you can from my ISO. More importantly, what's YOUR opinion on DG? I'm assuming there's a reason you are focusing on him?

PE: That's a poor excuse. More than half the game isn't buying the talah case or he would have been lynched by now. What SPECIFICALLY is it about the talah case that is so obvious that it also incriminates DG?
Please pm me to pre-in
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:15 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 1235, talah wrote:Oakhaven was my first mafia game anywhere, I haven't played any variants, and I've only played on this site.

I would appreciate it if you would stop slandering my character regarding
facts
which are
outside of the game.
Fine. Both meta cases stand on their merits. You scum hunt as a habit as town and you haven't done that here.

Anything else?
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:17 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 1236, aptil wrote:
In post 1232, Mister Rogers wrote:

He has refused to join the talah wagon because the case presented is not good enough . Consider the case people have made , i find it very hard to be saying things like that . He is a very dodgy character in my opinion .
I specifically noted this as well. Without flips, it can't be too condemning BUT his exclusive focus on lurkers makes it condemning for HIM.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:19 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

[quote="Important Aptil Question]What SPECIFICALLY is it about the talah case that is so obvious that it also incriminates DG?[/quote]
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:19 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 1240, Mister Rogers wrote:
Important Aptil Question wrote:What SPECIFICALLY is it about the talah case that is so obvious that it also incriminates DG?
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:21 am

Post by aptil »

Yea . From DG's iso his reads seem to be low number of posts =scum . At one point he has got even Yates in that list . I feel it is just lazy and just pretending to be scum hunting rather than actually doing anything .
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:28 am

Post by aptil »

In post 1241, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 1240, Mister Rogers wrote:
Important Aptil Question wrote:What SPECIFICALLY is it about the talah case that is so obvious that it also incriminates DG?
His last post . #1208
He is not even considering it . He seems to be only focussed on Luca . He is for and against the Luca wagon in the same post , contradiciting himself . Then the comment about being disgusted because of a no lynch , we are not even close to be doing that . That last line just screams look how town i am , i want a lynch today .
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:29 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

In post 1236, aptil wrote:He has refused to join the talah wagon because the case presented is not good enough . Consider the case people have made , i find it very hard to be saying things like that . He is a very dodgy character in my opinion .
There are plenty of other people not on the talah wagon. I'm just one of the guys who is being open and honest enough to acknowledge that I am not and will likely not be joining that wagon. However, as Rogers is chucking around talah meta references everywhere my next job in this game will be to look at that myself.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:31 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

In post 1242, aptil wrote:Yea . From DG's iso his reads seem to be low number of posts =scum . At one point he has got even Yates in that list . I feel it is just lazy and just pretending to be scum hunting rather than actually doing anything .
Not even once have I had Yates on my scum list, so get out. I listed him once as a "lurker", which is not the same as scum. I later retracted calling him a lurker. That's all by the by, I never called him scum.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:39 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 1244, Damon_Gant wrote:However, as Rogers is chucking around talah meta references everywhere my next job in this game will be to look at that myself.
Ok. Please don't keep your opinion to yourself. I'm really not a monster. I like having discussion about game points. :)
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:54 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

I looked at that Oakhaven game you discussed and I do agree with some of your points about the differences between how he played there and how he's playing now. In that game what struck me about talah's posting was how very assured his playstyle was, compared to how he's been the last 15-20 pages or so. However, his posting early in this game for me matches his posting in that game quite well. I still believe his falling apart was due to pressure, being irritated, or some combination of those two things. Ultimately I just do not feel talah-scum, but I will be re-reading his ISO a couple more times to try and put a definite finger on why that is, or whether it's mistaken instinct.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:55 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

Alright, I'm starting to come back around to mr rogers as scum. I can totally buy what nero brings up about cluttering the thread. There's alot of noise in his posting. The need to comment on
everything
, and not slow down after several players have expressed frustration, is starting to feel oversaturated.

If Luca and Mr Rogers are scum, talah looks like a counterwagon to Luca. And I can see Rogers tying me to Luca.

don't care for lowhangingfruit arguments, fruit is fruit, and you eat it before it goes bad.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:57 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1187, Mister Rogers wrote:LOL. I mean REALLY!!?? The Bert alt tries to bully N E R O, that's right, I said freaking NEEEEEERRRRO into suspecting Mastin? Omgosh he didn't just say that.

LOLOL.

Look though, you stated your view on it (after like pulling teeth and only as some kind of bad tarp). That in combination with AP's view makes sense.

Man. Nero. Please.
Me being Nero has nothing to do with anything. You have Mastin as grey/null leaning scum. You 100% tried to get me to read Mastin as scum. There was NO OTHER INTENTION. If you were so concerned about Mastin you would have just straight up asked me if I felt Mastins strange reads made him scum but YOU NEVER ASKED THAT. You were pussyfooting around by asking me about his reads. That's being deceptive as fuck and not something that should come from town. Hence why I don't think you are town.

As for your "I had to pull teeth to get a Mastin read!"
In post 719, Mister Rogers wrote: I am counting on experienced help here but if you are scum you
WILL put down your read on Mastin for the record
Here is where you ask me for a Mastin read. The previous time you had asked me TO COMMENT ON MASTINS LUCA READ.
In post 722, Nero Cain wrote:If you are asking me what my read on Mastin is but for some reason not using your words "What is your Mastin read?"
Then well I think he's town.
Here is me posting a Mastin read 3 POSTS LATER ++++++ the ONLY posts between you and my response was more of your posts. That's hardly pulling teeth. But go ahead and keep lying. I mean I doubt I'll be able to convince the town we should lynch you so meh.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”