NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:14 pm

Post by Plessiez »

It's day 1. Deadline for the day is March 28th, 21:59 UTC. That's (expired on 2014-03-28 17:59:48).

Vote Count 1.21
Luca Blight [9 votes] (4nxi3ty, projectmatt, Damon_Gant, Nero Cain, DeasVail, RachMarie, Yates, Zdenek, talah)
[L-2]

talah [6 votes] (AngryPidgeon, penguin_alien, Snork, PeregrineV, SnowStorm, aptil)
Damon_Gant [1 vote] (mastin2)
mastin2 [1 vote] (BipolarChemist)
4nxi3ty [1 vote] (ThAdmiral)
Yates [1 vote] (pisskop)
BipolarChemist [1 vote] (Luca Blight)

Everyone is voting!

With
players alive it takes
votes to lynch somebody or to go to night.

Activity
Nobody has recently been prodded.
Zdenek is V/LA until March 26th.
mastin2 is V/LA until March 31st.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by Snork »

In post 1424, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1423, Snork wrote:Did you go read the whole exchange?
I skimmed it, I don't see what you think Im missing.

You called his anxiety vote opportunistic and unexplained. He linked to his posts where he talked about Anxiety?

This makes him [Town, Scum, Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Lazer Beams Out Of Its Ass] specifically because?
Cuz I think so. It's fine. I'm not exactly concerned about convincing you of his towniness. I'm just not interested in lynching him anytime soon.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:45 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ugh. I'm ready for Today to end.

Luca needs to claim so we can actually react if hes obvious levels of town afterwards. Hes going to end up being a Town Cop, isn't he. Shitty D1 lynches always land on the Town Cop.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Post by RachMarie »

I think Luca is scum

I am not as sure as some of you that Talah is scum. Hence I voted for the one I thought was scum.

I think Snork, AP, Nero, Rogers (Now PA), and probably Pere are town.

Some of the rest I am still working on pegging.

Yates in particular is very good at blending in as scum so it will take me a while with him to peg him.

it bothers me that Mastin wont be back until after the deadline, I really need to see more of his posts since I have trouble reading him.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

If we all focus on it really hard, maybe we can summon mastin with our minds.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by Yates »

I'm kind of digging the Yates-scum respect/fear. Sadly, I may have to play my next game as an alt to shake that since I'm not sure everyone's reading me based on my actual posts...

I'm only bringing this up because I have nothing else to talk about while waiting for Luca to come up with his fake claim.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by Yates »

Also... post 1412 was appreciated and has me feeling better about my Snow read.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1413, Snork wrote:AP, you think attacking someone for asking others to ISO them is a town reaction?
YEAH. I mean

Snork: Hey guys, I found something
Nero: What did you find?
Snork: Not gonna tell you
Nero: Why would you be unwilling to share something that you think could lead to a scum lynch?
Snork: Never said I found it scummy
Nero: Then why in the blue hell are you talking about it and wanting town to go waste their time for F all reason?

doesn't exactly come off as pro-town to me.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:28 pm

Post by Snork »

You keep trying to twist it to fit what you think it was.

I saw a connection between you and Talah. I didn't know if it meant you were scum with Talah if he's scum, or if you were town regardless, or if it made you scum and Talah town, etc. Do you get what I'm saying? I saw a connection between you and Talah and I didn't know what it meant. I asked if anyone else saw something there and didn't want to introduce my own ideas of what it might mean. I wanted to avoid clouding others' perception of your ISO.

Instead of, like, I dunno, being rational about it, you go off saying that I found something scummy in your ISO and refuse to tell you what it is.

Which is complete bullshit and not true. You keep trying to say how that's not pro-town. Yet what you are calling not pro-town is NOT EVEN WHAT I DID.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Snork »

And on top of all that, you freak out about it and attack me for it.

Way out of proportion reaction imo.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Snork »

Just for asking people to ISO you? Are you for real...

:igmeou:
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:32 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 1348, Luca Blight wrote:Rach's post literally make no sense; why would I jump off the wagon of the player with the second highest votes, to someone with no votes? How is that targeting low hanging fruit? I said his posts seem scummy, I never mentioned his V/LA. Rach is the one going for low-hanging fruit, not me.
This is actually a decent point from luca, and it makes rach look bad - as if she just wanted in on the wagon without being too controversial.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

OK, STOP THE PRESSES. I'VE FOUND SCUM!

Basically I don't like either leading wagons tbh. So I decided to look back through the thread to try to rally support for an independent third party.

Obviously I knew I was happy to lynch
Anxiety
for coasting and having wishy-washy reads.

But I also found
Rach marie
- for coasting, voting nero because apparently he is more active when he's town (a poor reason to vote, also on a person who wasn't around to defend themselves at the time - smacks of a vote park), and trying to sneak on to the luca wagon uncontroversially with a hypocritical reason (going after low-hanging fruit).

But then I looked at
Aptil

If you haven't done it yet ISO him. He only has around 30 posts so it won't take long.

- he is also scummy for coasting
- he is scummy for post 1216 in which he hedges his bets on bjc/snork (he says snork is town-posting, but bjc replaced out scummily)
- he is scummy for accusing dg of being a "dodgy character" for not joining the talah wagon in 1236 even though
he himself had not joined the talah wagon at this point

- he is scummy for eventually voting talah but
never really providing a reason as to why he thinks he is scummy
other than claiming that he is "bad all over" in his
first post
- NOTE: This is even while in 595 he reads luca as scum, he suggest that luca and talah are scum together in 1214 and 1224, but then in 1279 states: "VOTE: Talah- This is much better than lynching Luca". Um, Why?

Fact: he lacks internal consistency. Verdict: he is scum and must hang.

THERE IS STILL TIME.

TALAH IS STUBBORN BUT PROBABLY TOWN, LUCA IS TROLLING BUT IS JUST AS LIKELY TOWN AS SCUM

JOIN ME AND I WILL LEAD YOU TO VICTORY

VOTE: APTIL
Don't ask me to provide self meta
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1437, ThAdmiral wrote:
OK, STOP THE PRESSES. I'VE FOUND SCUM!

Basically I don't want to bus Talah or be seen on the Luca mislynch. So I decided to look back through the thread to try to rally support for a distraction
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:29 pm

Post by RachMarie »

how likely do ya all think it is that we have one large scum team or two scum teams and how likely do you think it is we have a SK?

We have 20 players.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I thinks its very likely 1 5 man scum team and an sk 'cause that's what Rogers and Snork have been saying.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

5 + 1 is too many not-towns for 20.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

So 4 +1?

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:45 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Its probably that or just 5 based on game size.

Id rather not spec on it since we'll probably know way more after N1 anyways.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:48 pm

Post by RachMarie »

I was wondering if both wagons (Talah and Luca) could be on scum but two different teams?

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:53 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Quick drop in- so a quick note to all.

Vote: Talah
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:19 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1341, Yates wrote:The fact Luca hasn't been replaced makes me think maybe he *IS* playing to his wincon...
I don't know about you, but I've never seen town replaced for not putting much effort in. What makes you think this is in anyway relevant to Luca's alignment?
In post 1367, AngryPidgeon wrote:No it wasn't? He omgus'd mastin, made a meta case on him based on his entry post (which he never elaborated on or backed up in anyway) and then decided he didn't care about mastin and wsa going to leave her to me to sort. So, no, no scumhunting happened there, just posturing and backpedaling out of what was looking like a 1v1. What about Talah's points on mastin were good by any stretch of the imagination? Given you have mastin in your not-lynch pile, this is particularly mindnumbing.
I mean 'good' as in town. I wouldn't actually know how accurate the case was. Also, deferring to you is something I feel is pretty sensible (esp. since he didn't really want mastin lynched day 1 anyway and is known to wagon around to improve reads). It has nothing to do with my read on mastin, but rather Talah's approach.

In response to your other comments:

-Your reaction to the policy vote thing shows concerning one-dimensional thought processes.
-You sit at the 'attack with hug' tier.

I have to say that while the disappearing townreads on me offer me great amusement, I actually think it's rather silly. Is it because I'm townreading someone you're scumreading? I'm kind of assuming it is because 'less than sensible' opinions is pretty underwhelming!! (and my not-lynching list was only one less than my previous town list with Rach and Snow no longer being in and Nero being the new addition so I'm not sure what the deal is there). It probably doesn't matter though as I've been thinking AP-scum for the last couple of days (I guess the secret's out!). I also am of the opinion that investigative PRs should be able to target whoever they like and believe that telling them who to target is pretty bad but whatever.

ThAd, while I would be happy with an aptil lynch, I don't want there to be trouble with that going through and have people compromising on talah because people are split between Luca and aptil. If lots of other people express an opinion like mine then I'd be willing to make the switch, but otherwise I'd prefer to stick with Luca. I mean, I'd actually feel wonderful about wagoning AP now, but if I tried to do that then I feel I'd just hurt talah's chances of surviving and not achieve anything else. Tomorrow I guess!

Also, how is Luca trolling?
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

DV: "Why is this being used as a point in favour of Mister Rogers being scum?" fits with the theory of scum intentionally making thread more difficult for town to dig through

the hops are kinda scaring me away from the lucalynch x/
and the reaction to being lynch is okayish Yet would be nice to at least see one more post from Luca before deciding if I want to help flashlynch aptil

although rach's hop didn't really bother me tonewise.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I feel that once people have expressed frustration, scum would be more likely to avoid that, and could actually do so without being scummy since it would be quite reasonable for town to do so in their position as well.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1433, Snork wrote: Instead of, like, I dunno, being rational about it, you go off saying that I found something scummy in your ISO and refuse to tell you what it is.

Which is complete bullshit and not true. You keep trying to say how that's not pro-town. Yet what you are calling not pro-town is NOT EVEN WHAT I DID.
In post 1373, Snork wrote:Actually, I sa something interesting when I was looking for something in Nero's ISO.
Search for Talah in there
. I havent gotten to organizing it yet but I think others might see what I mean.
Here you say you found something. This doesn't really say anything about a Nero/Talah connection but with the bolded I guess that's a reasonable assumption. You could spin a connection between Talah and p much everyone so I mean its not really earthshattering content.
In post 1376, Snork wrote:
In post 1374, Nero Cain wrote:no what do you mean?
You are Nero; not "others".
Here and here
In post 1378, Snork wrote:
In post 1377, Nero Cain wrote:So? I'm a curios little kitten and I want to know what you supposedly see.
:lol: with all the fire you spit from the moment you started posting, this literally made me lol...
are basicly posts that say "nu uh, not gonna tell you"

Yates also asked you about this and don't really remember you responding to it but I'll look later. I just feel like the pro-town thing to do is to out what you found instead of going "oh hey guys, I may have found something, idk, but hey go ISO him." for what seems to be very little reasoning. I don't think that its really in the best interest of the town to attempt to point something out unless it pertains to scumhunting (or defending a town read). Like for example, this is your first game here, but you say that you are not an alt. While there isn't an experience rule I do find it hard the mod would let you in if you aren't an alt. Maybe your prior experience on another site impressed him. But I don't go "hey guys, is Snork really an alt?" 'Cause you know...that really has nothing to do with like anything.

I also think your "hey, I never knew you were scumreading me so nope not OMGUSing you!" is kinda scummish 'cause that's basically what APscum did to me in Harry Potter.

Could I be wrong on you and Rogers. Sure but I don't think my reasons are absolutely horrible.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”