Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

I really hate Emo's self-consciousness, and I don't see why more people aren't scumreading her.
In post 2214, Sotty7 wrote: True. I'm a little more open to ThorScum after his backing off over Aegor today and now basically calling him town. That's kinda strange to me and I'm trying to sort it in my mind how that works. It looks like I help defuse the Aegor wagon and then he doesn't bother to fight that, which could mean he didn't really believe in the vote in the first place.

Basically I'm not buying the ABR bus.
So you say that you more open to Thor-scum, but then you say that you're not buying a bus? I don't see how those two thoughts work together at all.
In post 2219, Thor665 wrote: Eh...I dunno, for me it's the case, I just don't think a town Rainbow would push this sort of case on me,a nd I do think a scumRainbow would be willing to toss me into a scumspect pool regardless of the amount of support that was there, and functionally I was the one who pushed the scumread into 1 v 1 territory.
So you think RBD is scum, because she's reading you as scum? That logic seems a little backwards to me.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2225, Bulbazak wrote:I really hate Emo's self-consciousness, and I don't see why more people aren't scumreading her.
:neutral:
Have you read her interactions with ABR? I mean, seriously, you see that as scum/scum?
In post 2225, Bulbazak wrote:So you say that you more open to Thor-scum, but then you say that you're not buying a bus? I don't see how those two thoughts work together at all.
If she doesn't "buy" the bus it means she doesn't think I bussed convincingly enough to look town.
Her comment is still nonsensical - but it makes internal sense.
In post 2225, Bulbazak wrote:So you think RBD is scum, because she's reading you as scum? That logic seems a little backwards to me.
Emo is reading me as scum and I'm calling her town.
Pay attention to my reasoning and don't engage me on silly debates that have no bearing on what I'm actually doing. I have specifically noted that it's the *reasoning offered* from Rainbow that makes her push on me look scummy to me. What part of that crept by you? I've said it multiple times.

I even said it in the post you quoted.

"I just don't think a town Rainbow would push
this sort of case
on me"

I mean...c'mon man, read pl0x.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

So it's essentially because RBD is experienced/has played with you and is reading you as scum?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2227, Bulbazak wrote:So it's essentially because RBD is experienced/has played with you and is reading you as scum?
....for the reasons she is reading me as scum. Yes. Which I have said a few times.

Also, oddly, just had a game get closed out from 2012 with me and Rainbow as Scum/Scum - Chosen Mafia. Had forgotten it.
Humerously - I was an aggressive busser, almost to the detriment of our team (and by 'almost' I mean....'well, basically 'assuredly' derp on me, really. Though in that game I advocated hard risks for scum teams and no fear of bussing).
In other news, her case remains that I bussed, defended, bussed, redirected/defended, and bussed in this game.

Sheep now?
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 2222, Sotty7 wrote:
In post 2220, Rainbowdash wrote:@thsp - Just lynch Thor tomorrow. That's all I ask of anypony who is voting me. Lynch Thor tomorrow. He is pushing me in a minimalist (being generous to him) case that only popped up once he got concerned that I was going after him. This is scum who sees a mislynch figuring things out and is trying to diffuse the situation.
Why are you already so resigned to your lynch?
Because I can read gamestates fairly well.

I think that this is going to end with a deadline lynch on me. Its going to be lazy and im going to make sure that those who are going to end up voting me vote Thor tomorrow because he is trying to sneak this lynch too early.

Kinda like yesterday, ABR was almost for sure the lynch for at least a few days before the lynch actually happened.
Thor665 wrote: In other news, her case remains that I bussed, defended, bussed, redirected/defended, and bussed in this game.
Yeah... no

You came in and had some jokey interaction over ABR, then defended him, then apparently voted him twilight D2 without mentioning it was meta based, then said it was meta based D3, then you voted Aegor, then you tried to make the Aegor wagon vote kab, then you voted ABR at deadline.

Stop trying to oversimplify it in order to not make it look bad.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:02 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Up to page 58, though I am increasingly not taking notes and skimming. I will apologize for replacing in ahead of time, this was clearly overly ambitious of me given my schedule and the deadline at hand.

1.)
Howdy, Sotty7!
Sotty7, Post 2214 wrote:I'm not really sure why you are focusing so much on your town read of emo instead of your scum reads. You should probably change that.
Most players around on page 20 have either died or replaced out, and emogirl123 had a prompt response which allowed me to continue the conversation. Simply because I had a general Townread on her by page 20 doesn't mean I would still read her as Town by page 89 (now 90).

Why do you agree you have been coasting?

Why did you describe emogirl123's reaction to the possibility of you hammering as "freaking out"? From what I recall, she was basically saying that she did not think it was wise to poke at you while she was at L-1 because poking at people who are not voting you might cause them to vote you:
In post 359, emogirl123 wrote:I refuse to talk about my association read of Sotty and Bulbazak until I am no longer in danger of being hammered. I don't need Sotty hammering me on the basis that my reads are toxic for the town.
2.)
This game has had so much swearing that I am forced to retract my swearing tell on Maestro.

3.)
Thor665, are you thinking of Open #479, White Flag? You were partnered with Near in Open #417, Chosen Mafia.

~

Still waiting to see how the Nobody Special lynch comes about and of course the eventual Albert B. Rampage lynch. I currently seem to be developing weak Townreads more than I am developing scumreads, but if I can get enough of them then I will start hunting by process of elimination.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:05 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I feel like your description and my description match up really well, honestly. I'm fine with people using your description to assess the case on me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:09 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Here, I'll even official it up since PJ had to try to make my response distant.
In post 2229, Rainbowdash wrote:You came in and had some jokey interaction over ABR, then defended him, then apparently voted him twilight D2 without mentioning it was meta based, then said it was meta based D3, then you voted Aegor, then you tried to make the Aegor wagon vote kab, then you voted ABR at deadline.
^^^
I fully endorse and agree that this is what I did, and also that this is what Rainbow is saying that I did that is scummy.
Also, I am calling her scum for saying this and acting like it looks scummy at all.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:14 pm

Post by Aegor »

My lynch pool remains kab, RBD, PJ.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:35 am

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 2225, Bulbazak wrote:So you say that you more open to Thor-scum, but then you say that you're not buying a bus? I don't see how those two thoughts work together at all.
If you read my whole post you would have. My issue was with him backing of Aegor. The ABR point from Rainbow is junk.
In post 2226, Thor665 wrote:If she doesn't "buy" the bus it means she doesn't think I bussed convincingly enough to look town.
Her comment is still nonsensical - but it makes internal sense.
I guess I wasn't clear enough. This whole point of Rainbows is junk, I don't think it is a good case. It doesn't look like a bus to me, which means it doesn't make you scum.
In post 2229, Rainbowdash wrote:Because I can read gamestates fairly well.

I think that this is going to end with a deadline lynch on me. Its going to be lazy and im going to make sure that those who are going to end up voting me vote Thor tomorrow because he is trying to sneak this lynch too early.

Kinda like yesterday, ABR was almost for sure the lynch for at least a few days before the lynch actually happened.
If it does end with a deadline lynch on you it's because of posts like this. You should fix that.
In post 2230, petroleumjelly wrote:Why do you agree you have been coasting?
Because it is mostly true. My free time has been sparse but I could be posting more. I'm trying to improve this.
In post 2230, petroleumjelly wrote:Why did you describe emogirl123's reaction to the possibility of you hammering as "freaking out"? From what I recall, she was basically saying that she did not think it was wise to poke at you while she was at L-1 because poking at people who are not voting you might cause them to vote you:
I call it freaking out because I had been calling her town ALL GAME. The idea I would come along and hammer her despite that was insane.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:16 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

The only thing I find as a dig against Thor is that he pandered to others in regard to ABR's meta before actually voting that way. It's something that pinged me, but I forgave it since ABR turned out scum.

What sort of case
would
RBD push on you, eh?

Haven't read the early Sotty content, on the to-do list.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:30 am

Post by Thesp »

Is there anyone who thinks kabooooom is town? Someone give me any reason, any reason at all to think he's town. There are so many players who have given me reasons to think they are town, many of whom have semi-wagons on them right now. Yet kabooooom has given me no reasons to think he's town, and has given several reasons to think he's scum. The apathy towards him is mind-numbing, and enables his play. Yeesh.

I'm a bit irritated that we have less than two-and-a-half days, and aren't close to a lynch (and of those who have 2+ votes on them, 2 are in my likely-town pile, and another close to it!). I worry that people think we'll be able to move wagons easily because the thread is so active, when in reality there are a few over-active posters, and a significant number of people just dragging their feet.

We need to get to lynching. Soon.

UNVOTE: RainbowDash
VOTE: Bulbazak

My current willing-to-vote list is kabooooom, inHimshallibe, RainbowDash, Bulbazak (in that order). I will likely vote for whichever of these I can make into the biggest wagon, and break ties based on my preference order.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:31 am

Post by Huntress »

Emeraldemon has been prodded.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:37 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

In reading Sotty, I find some overt defense of ABR (which I'm just as guilty of) early on, but she's one of the leading votes on ABR-scum when the dust is settled. Also like me, she changed her mind on ABR, though she doesn't have near the progression that I displayed.
In post 1456, Sotty7 wrote:Are you willing to vote with me on ABR right now?
Above is talking to Aegor, and I just don't really see where it's coming from - if I could get the context of this cleared up I'd be right by Sotty.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:39 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I have no reason to think kaboooom is town or scum, Thesp.
Show

:

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2233, Aegor wrote:My lynch pool remains kab,
RBD
, PJ.
Hint.
In post 2235, inHimshallibe wrote:The only thing I find as a dig against Thor is that he pandered to others in regard to ABR's meta before actually voting that way.
Of course I did, it was clear no one else understood his meta and were calling things scummy that weren't scummy coming from him. All that shows is that I was being town, because I wasn't putting up with false gak in thread..
In post 2236, Thesp wrote:Is there anyone who thinks kabooooom is town? Someone give me any reason, any reason at all to think he's town.
Counterwagon.
Scum.
Whassup?

Stick on RBD pl0x.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:59 am

Post by Thesp »

In post 2240, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2236, Thesp wrote:Is there anyone who thinks kabooooom is town? Someone give me any reason, any reason at all to think he's town.
Counterwagon.
Scum.
Whassup?
Can I get your thoughts on my earlier post regarding this, that extend past "Counterwagon to scum", which you keep repeating as if it's meaningful in this instance? Can you also remind me of your top 3 candidates for scum?

Spoiler: Thoughts on "counterwagon"
In post 2108, Thesp wrote:
In post 2065, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2041, Thesp wrote:I almost forgot:

VOTE: kabooooom

I'm happy voting for inHimshallibe as well, and would seriously ponder a RainbowDash vote. Other wagons will get consideration as the day goes on. I will not be a lone Cassandra, insisting I'm right with my single vote in the middle of nowhere near a deadline.
I don't really disagree with any of your scumspects (though I'm wavering on InHim I'll admit, his shift to Albert felt really organic.

That said, you're voting a counterwagon to scum yesterday.
You're voting..the counterwagon...to scum.
Talk to me Thesp, what's going on here?
I pondered that as well. I don't think it's out of the question that both wagons were on scum. In a game like this where we've almost certainly got fewer scum around (the total number bandied about has been 3, which seems reasonable to me), and there's not a lot of scum that can push a "counter-wagon" to try to divert a scum lynch. Heck, ABR and kabooooom vote for each other, and here is the most they say about each other all Day 3:
ABR and kabooooom Day 3 commentary on each other, unabridged
In post 1547, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Vote: kabooooom
In post 1789, kabooooom wrote:
In post 1787, Aegor wrote:^Why kab is a better lynch than ABR, although both are acceptable.
and how is that post the reason i m a better lynch then ABR?
In post 1819, kabooooom wrote:
vote:ABR

Neither are super-eager to push any sort of pressure on the other. If they are both scum (which seems reasonably possible), they either both have to push another case (possibly even together?) to create a viable "counter-wagon". With only probably one other scumbuddy out there (who probably really wants to keep their hands clean of all of it), that doesn't give them a lot of chance of diverting the wagons. Can you imagine the storm that would pop up if the two leading wagonees both voted for someone else,
especially
if at least one of those wagonees turns out to be scum?

I think there's a reasonable chance that the majority of players (most of whom are town) were right about both wagons yesterday. If this weren't an all-vanilla setup, I might be less sure of that.

I will be happy moving back to RainbowDash if there are others also willing to vote her, which is not currently demonstrated according to our votecount. I have no interest in seeing 5 different wagons right now with 2 days left before a no-lynch.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:07 am

Post by emogirl123 »

VOTE: kabooooom. policy, let's go.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:15 am

Post by emogirl123 »

Very low chance kabooooom is scum imo. However, I prefer kabooooom to not be a topic of discussion during a lylo. Especially with the amount of flak in the air right now for him, no sane scum would night kill him. There also sure ain't any town reads coming for kabooooom in the immediately future where lylo happens.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2241, Thesp wrote:Can I get your thoughts on my earlier post regarding this, that extend past "Counterwagon to scum", which you keep repeating as if it's meaningful in this instance? Can you also remind me of your top 3 candidates for scum?
I addressed that post - my point was 'whether or not it's theoretically possible that we ran up two scum - he's not a good lynch today regardless'.

My top 3 for scum? I actually don't have that because I have too many town reads at the moment, it's why I'm so focused on Rainbow, either I'm right there, or I'm wrong twice over elsewhere. If all you're hoping to hear is that Kaboom is closer to the scum side than the town side - sure, you can hear that. But, frankly, so are you. Probably if I had to go with a top 3 it would be RBD, PJ, and you. Maybe float Kaboom in there, but with the caveat that i don't really want to lynch him. Also, I'd frankly like to give PJ a bit of time to work through stuff, and don't particularly like any of the cases on him, he's really there just out of PoE for me. To a degree the same for you, except I'm bugged by a feeling of you being a non-entity and lazy in your desired pushes. (like, I barely felt any help from you as regards the RBD push, and now presto you're back to the lazy lynch - whoop-dee-doo)

So, where does this go now?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:17 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2243, emogirl123 wrote:Very low chance kabooooom is scum imo. However, I prefer kabooooom to not be a topic of discussion during a lylo. Especially with the amount of flak in the air right now for him, no sane scum would night kill him. There also sure ain't any town reads coming for kabooooom in the immediately future where lylo happens.
:facepalm:
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:21 am

Post by emogirl123 »

Now is the best time to enforce a policy lynch. Chevre's replacement just subbed in and in the process of catching up and there are 2 days left before we need to lynch and everyone's votes are scattered. Yes, I know you want us to blindly lynch RBD, but no. Enforce policy.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:49 am

Post by Thesp »

Thor665 wrote:
In post 2241, Thesp wrote:Can I get your thoughts on my earlier post regarding this, that extend past "Counterwagon to scum", which you keep repeating as if it's meaningful in this instance? Can you also remind me of your top 3 candidates for scum?
I addressed that post - my point was 'whether or not it's theoretically possible that we ran up two scum - he's not a good lynch today regardless'.
Can you show me where you addressed that? I'm looking for your thoughts specifically related to "counterwagon". Can you quote them? Because all I saw in your walls and walls and walls and walls and walls and walls of posts was this, unless I'm overlooking something:
Spoiler: Thor665's response to Thesp "counterwagon" thoughts
In post 2111, Thor665 wrote:@Thesp - I see a great case there for how useless Kaboom is as a player.

He was still the counterwagon to scum though.
In post 2134, Thor665 wrote:You are still voting a counterwagon to scum.
In post 2138, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2137, Thesp wrote:That is to say, for it actually to be a
counterwagon
rather than the town running up two scum players, I'd have to have some realistic belief that scum are concertedly pushing kabooooom in place of ABR. The strongest possibility does indeed come in the form of RainbowDash, yet quixotically I think the robust strength which RainbowDash pushed makes it less likely it's scum-motivated.
In post 2137, Thesp wrote:Yes, I think both kabooooom and RainbowDash are decent possibilities for scum, and simultaneously I doubt they are scum together. I don't know what else I can say about that.

Code: Select all

[b]Unvote: Kabooom
Vote: Rainbowdash

?

Again, I think "counterwagon to scum"
in this particular game
is not as meaningful as you seem to think it is. I don't understand your overreliance on it.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:50 am

Post by Thesp »

One more vote on kabooooom and I move my vote there as well.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:09 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2246, emogirl123 wrote:Now is the best time to enforce a policy lynch. Chevre's replacement just subbed in and in the process of catching up and there are 2 days left before we need to lynch and everyone's votes are scattered. Yes, I know you want us to blindly lynch RBD, but no. Enforce policy.
It's Day 4.
We're past the policy point - vote for people you think are scum.
In post 2247, Thesp wrote:Again, I think "counterwagon to scum" in this particular game is not as meaningful as you seem to think it is. I don't understand your overreliance on it.
I guess my reply was simply the :neutral: face, but I thinkt hat sums up my thoughts.
I don't understand your unreliance on any reads at all with your current (And past) activity and your lack of pushing on anything while also complaining about deadline.
Vote ruddy RBD.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”