NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:29 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1499, Snork wrote:"I have all this free time but this game isn't important so I'm not gonna play."

Get out.
She said she isn't going to read 60 pages (and frankly shes not missing much), she never said she wouldn't play :neutral:
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:30 am

Post by Snork »

In post 1486, Nero Cain wrote:Snorks not catching up, bro. In fact Snork even said something along the lines of "I don't pay attention to my town reads." That's not a direct quote or anything.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1398, Snork wrote:Why? I'm not concerned with people I think are town scumreading me
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:32 am

Post by Snork »

In post 1500, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1499, Snork wrote:"I have all this free time but this game isn't important so I'm not gonna play."

Get out.
She said she isn't going to read 60 pages (and frankly shes not missing much), she never said she wouldn't play :neutral:
So... ignore the history of the wagons, ignore the evidence in the thread, ignore everything = playing?

Fuck me; I've been doing this all wrong.

p-edit: Yeah Nero. READ THE WORDS YO. I don't give a fuck if someone is scumreading me, but even less so if I think that person is town. NOT "I don't pay attention to my town reads".
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:34 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Nero, you are making something out of nothing here. Just saying.

P-edit: well. I get better reads by talking to people than I do reading things that happened, but meh. I agree its annoying, its not rage-worthy though.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:35 am

Post by Snork »

Lurking or V/LA is one thing, but this...

Y'all wanted to lynch bjc for defiantly claiming he liked lurking. This shmuck comes in here,
and admits to not caring enough to bother reading
and I'm supposed to lay down and let it happen? Fuck no. Have some goddamned respect for the other people in the thread.

The fact that I thought she was town makes this so much more a betrayal.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Mollie?
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:37 am

Post by Snork »

I am not raging.

But I am making it known I am disappointed.

I've been waiting for her to come back. I've been waiting to have some interaction and talk about her catchup and her thoughts on what has occurred since she was last here.

That's not going to happen. Hell yeah I'm pissed about that.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:38 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Everyone's reads on mastin that aren't "Don't know" at this point a re a joke, so don't feel betrayed yet.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:40 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1496, Snork wrote:Disappointed with mastin right now. Very much.
Oh, believe me. You're not the only one. Nobody here can be more disappointed in me than I can be of myself. But I know me well enough to know that attempting to read all sixty pages is going to be suicide for me. It'll kill my slot. Not by lynch. Certainly not by nightkill. But by content. I go read the past pages, I get stuck in the past, and never get back to the present. It's never worked. Believe me, I've tried. I've always failed.

So if you've got something important in those sixty pages, point me to it. I'll read it. I'll listen to it. Otherwise, I'm here in the now. 'Cause that's the only way I'll be able to effectively play.
In post 1495, Nero Cain wrote:I have a day cop guilty on Luca but *some people* doubt my claim
I AM willing to sheep you, Nero, but I need some idea of where you're coming from. Can you give a reads list? Preferably with reasoning attached (especially on Luca), though that's optional. I need to know what you're seeing.
In post 1494, AngryPidgeon wrote:Mastin, I'm town. Sheep me on this one please.
If not Nero, you'd be the first for me to sheep. But I need to know where you're coming from, too.

I take it Snork's an alt of someone like ETL who erroneously hero-worships me. Butyeah, AP's right. This game's not my top priority. No, I'm not going to read 60 pages, because that will kill my slot even worse than it already is. That doesn't mean no effort at all. I'm talking to people right here, right now. I'm playing in the present, not the past. Which means I'm playing from page 60 onward, referencing previous pages only on specific request to do so.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

yeah, never said it was a direct quote but you ARE ignoring me if you missed my reads list. I'm not you so I don't know if you legit missed it, you are skimming scum or flat out scum lying that you saw it.

AP-I don't know I'm making anything out of anything. Snork's getting pissed off 'cause I didn't remember his exact words.

Also Mastin had a scum read on Talah me thoughts but is not calling it town.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:43 am

Post by Snork »

I mean, I dunno about you but I put work into every inquiry I make and I don't just do it for my benefit. I do it for the benefit of my teammates as well.

And one of them just slapped me in the face.

p-edit: mastin ..... :neutral:

I replaced bjc. Read my ISO if none else. I've commented on almost every event and interacted with most everyone.

p-edit: Nero, I saw it. I thought to myself, that's a big list. I had planned to ISO you and knew I'd get a closer look at it later anyway, which I did.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:45 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1508, AngryPidgeon wrote:Everyone's reads on mastin that aren't "Don't know" at this point a re a joke, so don't feel betrayed yet.
Actually, it'd probably be better as "don't know, but lean towards town". I lurk as town or scum, I fall behind as town or scum, and it's largely indicative of my mental health (degenerating FAST--I've got an appointment on Thursday that can't come soon enough) rather than my alignment, but that said, I DO give more attention to my scumgames in spite of the mental health than my towngames, because my scumgames are where I'm more important. As town, my analysis is averaging mediocre. I'm certainly not going to give much unique insight, especially not if the town's got a lot of strong players I respect alive and hunting, which is why I generally give 'em less effort. Because when others have the chance to shine, I let 'em shine. It's only when they need me that I really begin to up my game.

As scum, I don't have that luxury; nullreads become scumreads far, FAR too quickly, so I need to stay more engaged in the game. So while I may neglect games as both alignments, the neglect is generally worse for towngames than scumgames, thanks to the number of players on my team.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:49 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1510, Nero Cain wrote:Also Mastin had a scum read on Talah me thoughts but is not calling it town.
?
In post 1511, Snork wrote:I replaced bjc. Read my ISO if none else. I've commented on almost every event and interacted with most everyone.
'kk, will do, in a bit. Got other obligations I'll need to attend to first, though. (And, yes, for some reason, your tone does in fact remind me of ETL. Dunno why, just does. At the very least your "he" feels like it's false and that it's a female scummer behind the keyboard. Have no clue what gives me that impression. The kinda-sorta-hero-worship certainly contributes to that, too. If not ETL, it still feels like you're a scummer who knows me, and who I know and respect. Of which, there's only a handful that I can see posting like you. Less than ten, maybe even only ~5 or so. ETL's among the list.)
My academy.
Agnigi
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:53 am

Post by Snork »

I don't even know how to respond to that.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1511, Snork wrote: p-edit: Nero, I saw it. I thought to myself, that's a big list. I had planned to ISO you and knew I'd get a closer look at it later anyway, which I did.
In post 1395, Nero Cain wrote:
and am unaware if you are scumreading me?
So you're telling me that you missed
In post 1300, Nero Cain wrote:As of right now I'm thinking that scum are in

Mister Rogers
Snork

AngryPidgeon
Luca Blight
BipolarChemist
Yates
PeregrineV
RachMarie
Zdenek
despite responding to the post right after it? I find that a lil' hard to buy.
I don't even....

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:55 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Where Im coming from with Talah?

His reads make less than zero sense this game, particularly on you. He started by OMGUSing you and calling you scum for META over your entrance post. Talah was pretty obsessed with you for no reason for the first half of the game in addition to scumreading you. But we get this backpedal and assertion that hes NOT trying to meta read you. He pulls back his read on you and vests his attention in voting lurkers (aptil/luca) and puts responsibility on me to read you in the same stride.
In post 195, talah wrote:Edit: Mister, I'm not tackling mastin on a meta argument because I'm not an expert on mastin-meta
--
In general, scummy reactions to his own wagon, HUGELY reminiscent of my scumplay at places. Notable posts:
In post 947, talah wrote:
In post 945, Snork wrote:Here you go:

VOTE: Talah
And the reason I'm scum?
Terrible response.

Tries to discredit Rogers scumread on his slot, not actually scumreading Rogers though. A lot of the pages in the 40ish range were SNork/Rogers/Talah arguing about nonsense in which Talah smokes up the thread with nonsense and later complains that hes incapable of scumhunting in this game state.

Doesn't address issues on him, instead tries to imply hes town.

Tries to dicredit my push on him (like the Rogers one) by showing I haven't posted a formal case (#suckItTrebek):
In post 1458, talah wrote:AP - Shitslinging, "buzzword' scumhunting, riling Rogers up or riffing off him over me-scum (his ISO also has 100+ 'talah' mentions out of roughly 100 posts which is proportionally worse than Rogers which I just spotted. Even if you consider some of those are quotes - that's a lot of fucking focus to not be bringing a coherent case)
This actually IS just SCUMGUS.

LOOK AT THAT POST. THAT IS SCUM PLAY. IT LOOKS LIKE MY SCUMPLAY. FORMATTED PRETTY LISTS. SHITTY EASY LYNCHES TO THE FRONT WIT HA SPLASH OF OMGUS. THROAWAY QUIPS AT PEOPLE:
In post 1489, talah wrote:
In post 1488, AngryPidgeon wrote:I want to lynch scum talah damn it. Now there are 2 cws to Luca wooo.
And a counterwagon implies what?
Nice scumslip.

Luca could be scum (doubting it, but meh). Talah. is. scum. though. :P

Your vote counts! Change we can believe in!
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:58 am

Post by Snork »

Or ThAd.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:59 am

Post by Snork »

It's cuz my avatar has pink in it, isn't it... that's why she thinks I'm a chick?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:01 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Wait no. Its fucking Talah/mastin isnt it.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:01 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1513, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1510, Nero Cain wrote:Also Mastin had a scum read on Talah me thoughts but is not calling it town.
?
Should have been NOW and not NOT
In post 107, mastin2 wrote:That said, while talah's scum...

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:03 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1513, mastin2 wrote:At the very least your "he" feels like it's false and that it's a female scummer behind the keyboard. Have no clue what gives me that impression.
Don't worry, my one and only guess was a female scummer, so you aren't totally insane.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:07 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

1) Talah and mastin have a slapfight at the beginning of the game. Mastin ends up voting for DamonGant and sidelining her Talah suspicion.
2) Talah hoes balls deep into this mastin scumread and even references a specific meta point about mastin that makes her scum.
3) Talah backpedals off of the mastin read and then somehow seems to KNOW that mastin is the one that asked me to replace in. He ASKS me if someone asked me to play or not, who the hell does that. There was no follow up on the question and no conclusion from it. I admit that I strongly (98%) suspect mastin is the one who recommended me to the mod. Talah insists that I be responsible for reading mastin because of SELFMETA from mastin stating that Im good at reading her.
4)???
5) Mastin's glorious return and CONVENIENT hard reset of her scumread on Talah that she had before and in fact is now asserting Talah was TOWN rather than CANT REMEMBER or NULL??

I could be insane, but I reallly think this looks like a Talah/mastin team.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:08 am

Post by Snork »

Nero, did you ever answer these?
In post 1068, Snork wrote:@Nero:
1) Can you sum up the reasons why you think MR is scummier than anyone else in the game right now? It seems like the only stated reason was his post count, which you then followed up with saying you didn't like how he responded to you, but I don't really see where you are finding scum motivation in what he's saying/doing. Is there anything concrete you can think of on MR that led you to this conclusion?

2) Besides MR, where are your strongest suspicions currently? Why?

3) Pretend MR was lynched and flipped town. How would that affect the analysis you have up to this point? Where would you look next?

4) Pretend MR was lynched and flipped town. Who do you think would be the most likely partners? What makes you think so?
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:09 am

Post by Snork »

In post 1522, AngryPidgeon wrote:I could be insane, but I reallly think this looks like a Talah/mastin team.
No, you're insane.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”