NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:33 pm

Post by Snork »

In post 1569, talah wrote:
In post 1567, Snork wrote:
In post 1564, talah wrote:If you haven't got enough for at least a leaning read yet in that quarter then you need to leave it for another day anyway.
What does this mean? I'm town-reading mastin pretty strongly.
Oh. I thought you meant that you wanted the day to continue on so you could get a read on mastin.
No I wan't her help reading others.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:33 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1574, talah wrote:
In post 1572, AngryPidgeon wrote:If you are town then this is mindblowingly anti-town, borderline blacklist worthy and your follow up that you still think Luca is a good lynch makes it even worse.
Oh fuck you. Stop backing off your scumread.
Ok, so you are just scum then, got it.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by Snork »

but it's not really about mastin. I'd like to hear from penguin_alien,and there's still people I haven't really engaged yet, and I kinda feel like I'm gonna die tonight so I want to make the most of the day.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by Snork »

In post 1572, AngryPidgeon wrote:If you are town then this is mindblowingly anti-town, borderline blacklist worthy and your follow up that you still think Luca is a good lynch makes it even worse.
Can we not do this again? If you are town, this is not the best use of your time.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I am a bit stunend that PA has managed to not make a single post yet.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

don't worry AP I'm sure I'll have to compromise on talah or luca, just showing my current preference
In post 1568, Snork wrote:Let's chat.
about what?
I'm currently in lowpriority mode with this game so I don't have much I want to say. Ill probly won't up this game's priority til the next day.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by Plessiez »

It's day 1. Deadline for the day is March 28th, 21:59 UTC. That's (expired on 2014-03-28 17:59:48).

Vote Count 1.23
Luca Blight [7 votes] (projectmatt, Damon_Gant, Nero Cain, DeasVail, RachMarie, Yates, Zdenek)
talah [7 votes] (AngryPidgeon, penguin_alien, PeregrineV, aptil, Luca Blight, mastin2, talah)
ThAdmiral [2 votes] (SnowStorm, Snork)
aptil [2 votes] (ThAdmiral, 4nxi3ty)
mastin2 [1 vote] (BipolarChemist)
Yates [1 vote] (pisskop)

Everyone is voting!

With
players alive it takes
votes to lynch somebody or to go to night.

Activity
pisskop has been prodded.
Zdenek is V/LA until March 26th.
mastin2 is V/LA until March 31st.
Last edited by Plessiez on Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 1573, talah wrote:This I agree with. It's going to degenerate into a clusterfuck no information probably-town lynch if we start flashwagonning.
[/quote]
flashwagons hit scum all the time, and they're funnest!
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:41 pm

Post by talah »

In post 1576, AngryPidgeon wrote:
Ok, so you are just scum then, got it.
Still town, and randomly lynching anyone BUT Luca or myself is ridiculous at this stage since we've been the main focuses for today. Remember when the max wagon size was three? Well now it isn't.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1582, 4nxi3ty wrote:flashwagons hit scum all the time, and they're funnest!
Yes, but there isn't really enough consensus or time for one right now and trying to start one will just (pick one or more of the following)
[] end day in a no-lynch
[] generate a 4th D1 claim
[] lynch someone without a claim
[] leave distractions around for tomorrow
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by talah »

In post 1584, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1582, 4nxi3ty wrote:flashwagons hit scum all the time, and they're funnest!
Yes, but there isn't really enough consensus or time for one right now and trying to start one will just (pick one or more of the following)
[] end day in a no-lynch
[] generate a 4th D1 claim
[] lynch someone without a claim
[] leave distractions around for tomorrow
All of the above. But they hardly ever hit scum.
Yeah, sniped it.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

#2 then #3

(yeh I'll switch my vote onto a leading wagon tomorrow, 24hours of pretending like the aptilwagon will go through is all I want, plus the wagons are even kinda want to see who offwagoners pick)
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by Snork »

Christ 2 days left...

VOTE: Talah

btw Luca, this is not a pass for you. Talah is almost certainly scum, or I need to seriously re-evaluate some of my town reads. But you need to pick it up or find a replacement.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by Snork »

aptil is a good option too but not for D1. I'm looking for scum but failing that I want information out of D1's lynch.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by Snork »

And after today we need to sort the lurkers. Waiting to get to them until D3+ is just asking for a deadline LYLO from lack of activity.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

I seriously don't understand why some people think as town that it is 'ok' to get lynched. In the end this is a game of numbers and if you know you're town and you are fine with your lynch rather than someone else's, then you're not playing to your win condition, because when you're town, every lynch that is not yours has a chance to be a scum lynch.

Even if you've become a distraction to town, it's your job to get them to see past the distraction or to at least try. Because if town can't see past it then I doubt they can successfully catch the scum team either.

Now to prove you're town, you could start by analyzing your lynch wagon now, instead of telling us to do so after your flip. That sounds much more productive, since doing so could possibly prevent your lynch and in the best case scenario catch scum! And this is for both talah and Luca.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by talah »

In post 1587, Snork wrote:Christ 2 days left...

VOTE: Talah

btw Luca, this is not a pass for you. Talah is almost certainly scum, or I need to seriously re-evaluate some of my town reads. But you need to pick it up or find a replacement.
Thenks.
SnowStorm wrote:I seriously don't understand why some people think as town that it is 'ok' to get lynched. In the end this is a game of numbers and if you know you're town and you are fine with your lynch rather than someone else's, then you're not playing to your win condition, because when you're town, every lynch that is not yours has a chance to be a scum lynch.

Even if you've become a distraction to town, it's your job to get them to see past the distraction or to at least try. Because if town can't see past it then I doubt they can successfully catch the scum team either.

Now to prove you're town, you could start by analyzing your lynch wagon now, instead of telling us to do so after your flip. That sounds much more productive, since doing so could possibly prevent your lynch and in the best case scenario catch scum! And this is for both talah and Luca.
I have tried, I did try, and I don't particularly care for conventional play.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:55 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 1471, Damon_Gant wrote:Also, ThAd's vote on aptil is at best, really odd. I didn't like that.
Please tell me what's odd about it. I don't like either leading wagon. I don't want to vote for either talah or luca.
In post 1478, Damon_Gant wrote:
In post 1477, Yates wrote:
In post 1471, Damon_Gant wrote:Also, ThAd's vote on aptil is at best, really odd. I didn't like that.
Are you thinking Luca-ThAd scum team? talah-ThAd scum team? What? I have to double check but my impression of ThAd is that he'd bus his mother. :lol:
Or maybe they're both town and ThAd would like to distance himself from both of their wagons? I can't quite pick apart what the motive was, but I just didn't get it from a town POV. At least when he was on 4nx it seemed like he was on some one-man crusade he did believe in. Moving his vote onto another dead wagon...I don't know, just something doesn't feel right. It feels tokenistic - something I'd attribute to scum rather than town.
Anxiety wagon wasn't going anywhere. On looking back at the game I felt I had a strong case against aptil, furthermore many people had expressed suspicion on him and he was in a lot of people's scum lists. I genuinely thought it had a chance to take off. 3 days is (was) plenty of time. I've seen successful counter wagons formed in less than an hour if the town has its shit together. Once again no one is really saying "no I don't want to lynch aptil" it's all "well I don't want to split the vote". If everyone actually voted instead of wavering we might have been able to push it through.
In post 1479, Snork wrote:ThAd lynch would be good too, imo.
In post 1483, SnowStorm wrote:
Let's do it.

Vote: ThAdmiral.
"Yo thad's scum for starting a counterwagon, lets start a counterwagon on thad"
???
In post 1556, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1550, Snork wrote:It is to me cuz I don't think scumreading Luca makes sense.
So you think its illogical to scumread Luca and yet
In post 1540, Snork wrote:Probably town: Yates, projectmatt, 4nxi3ty, Zd
all of those are Luca voters

+ if Talah is scum she's going to have buddies that are bussing her.

AND if you still think Talah is scum then it makes zero sense to unvote her and attempt a Thad flash wagon.

If Talah flips town who is scum on the wagon and why?
This a million times, especially bolded. Snork scum.
In post 1566, 4nxi3ty wrote:
unvote, vote: aptil
:lol:
This is probably my favourite post in the game so far. Tears of joy are in my eyes. Have I been wrong about anxiety?

APTIL WAGON LIVES!!!!

ALL ABOARD!!!!
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:20 pm

Post by Snork »

In post 1592, ThAdmiral wrote:This a million times, especially bolded. Snork scum.
:facepalm:

If you think I'm scum, you either do not know how to read anyone or you are scum misreading me on purpose.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 1592, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 1483, SnowStorm wrote:
Let's do it.

Vote: ThAdmiral.
"Yo thad's scum for starting a counterwagon, lets start a counterwagon on thad"
???
I don't believe you actually think that is why we voted you.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:02 pm

Post by Snork »

lol... I almost want to go

OOH YOU CAUGHT ME \o/
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:19 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 1589, Snork wrote:And after today we need to sort the lurkers. Waiting to get to them until D3+ is just asking for a deadline LYLO from lack of activity.
I'm going, I'm going!

I had like 1200 posts to catch up on and I'm through about 500. Don't mean to be lurking!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Snork wrote:
In post 1592, ThAdmiral wrote:This a million times, especially bolded. Snork scum.
:facepalm:

If you think I'm scum, you either do not know how to read anyone or you are scum misreading me on purpose.
I mean I know you are scumreading Thad and I guess its plenty possible for Thad scum to agree with me that you are scummy but no one is MISREADING WHAT YOU SAID.

You unvoted Talah while still having a scumread on Talah or are you refuting that that happened?
In post 1558, Snork wrote:Dude none of them are town-reading Talah
ok...

but
In post 1550, Snork wrote:It is to me cuz I don't think scumreading Luca makes sense.
So I mean, you're like

Snork: oh u be scummy for defending Talah by pushing the counterwagon. And having a scumread on Luca
Nero: But I'm not alone....
Snork: Well you have a town read!!!!

looks a lil' like backtracking
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:53 pm

Post by Snork »

How am I backtracking when I'm scumreading both of them? Talah's reads posts really made me pause, and Luca was at L-1, while Talah was at L-6. It wasn't happening. Plus, I wanted to see what kind of reaction that would get, but yeah I really wanna lynch ThAd too.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:54 pm

Post by Snork »

In post 1597, Nero Cain wrote:Snork: oh u be scummy for defending Talah by pushing the counterwagon. And having a scumread on Luca
Nero: But I'm not alone....
Snork: Well you have a town read!!!!
This makes no sense and does not match my recollection of anything I've said.

You're scummy both for townreading Talah and pushing the Luca wagon; Talah is not fucking townie in the least and to me, you'd have to be stupid, blind or scum to be on any other wagon.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”