Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:36 am

Post by Thor665 »

Here's the question again, I'm going to quote it out;

"If you think her case is something other than that, let me know what I'm missing - and if you agree with it, let me know that."

How does "read her ISO" answer that? It doesn't even come close to trying. It's not even a valid response, that's like if someone asked me what the weather was like and I answered 'my favorite food is cookies' it's an answer, sure, but it's not an answer to the question i was asked.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:36 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2261, Thor665 wrote:And it all collapses into derp.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:15 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

PJ, yes, but Sotty votes for ABR in that post, so again, I give slack.

Things change when you actually vote for teh scumz.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:16 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Let's just do tradesies, Thor.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:17 am

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 4.12

Bulbazak (5) - inHimshallibe, Sotty7, Thesp, emogirl123, Aegor
Aegor (3) - emeraldemon, Bulbazak, HighShroomish
petroleumjelly (1) - kabooooom
Thor665 (1) - Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash (1) - Thor665

Not voting (1) - petroleumjelly

With twelve players alive, it takes seven votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day Four is Thursday, 27th March 20.00 GMT, (in (expired on 2014-03-27 20:00:00)).

Note:

Petroleumjelly will be V/LA from 3/27 - 3/30.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:42 am

Post by Thesp »

In post 2275, Thor665 wrote:How does "read her ISO" answer that? It doesn't even come close to trying. It's not even a valid response, that's like if someone asked me what the weather was like and I answered 'my favorite food is cookies' it's an answer, sure, but it's not an answer to the question i was asked.
Maybe in the same way that:
Thor wrote: :neutral:
...is a complete answer to a complex question. ;)

(This is not to say I agree with HighShroomish or think his answer is appropriate - I still think he's way off base.)

kabooooom, Rainbowdash, Thor665, and petroleumjelly:

I'd love to see you move your votes to a wagon that can get a lynch, or
do something
to make your very special cupcake lynch happen.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:00 am

Post by kabooooom »

In post 2259, kabooooom wrote:
In post 2256, emogirl123 wrote:I probably won't get a chance to clarify any of my posts anymore, so if anyone needs anything from me, just ask. Otherwise I'm going to lurk.
what do u think of thesp?
oops!!! i meant pj. he is the one who replaced chevre so.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2280, Thesp wrote:(This is not to say I agree with HighShroomish or think his answer is appropriate - I still think he's way off base.)
Your ding on me doesn't make sense. :neutral: at least clearly conveys that i do not agree with your reasoning, it was later clarified that...I did not agree with your reasoning, and the only slip was that I thought I had expressed my thoughts (and, when expressed, they work pretty well with :neutral: as a response)

His response shows...that...he doesn't understand my question?
In post 2280, Thesp wrote:I'd love to see you move your votes to a wagon that can get a lynch, or
do something
Are you seriously saying you don't think I've been campaigning over here?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2278, inHimshallibe wrote:Let's just do tradesies, Thor.
Tradsies on what?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

I ask because, as far as I can tell, that would mean Tradsies, like, lynch Bulba and then we can lynch Rainbow. I'll note that with this attitude from you 3 people voting Bulba have expressed willingness to lynch Rainbow.
That makes my wagon shockingly strong for having no ruddy votes on it.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:41 am

Post by Thesp »

In post 2282, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2280, Thesp wrote:I'd love to see you move your votes to a wagon that can get a lynch, or
do something
Are you seriously saying you don't think I've been campaigning over here?
Fair enough - I suppose that part is more meant for the other three. I do hope you'll be willing to vote for a wagon over no-lynch should it come to that, but hopefully it won't come to that.

For the record, I'm willing to move to Rainbowdash today if it's shown to be a viable wagon. I strongly encourage other people who share this conviction to clearly state so.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:46 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Thor665 wrote:I ask because, as far as I can tell, that would mean Tradsies, like, lynch Bulba and then we can lynch Rainbow. I'll note that with this attitude from you 3 people voting Bulba have expressed willingness to lynch Rainbow.
That makes my wagon shockingly strong for having no ruddy votes on it.
It's possible I just want you to vote Bulbazak.
Show

:

HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:38 am

Post by HighShroomish »

In post 2275, Thor665 wrote:Here's the question again, I'm going to quote it out;

"If you think her case is something other than that, let me know what I'm missing - and if you agree with it, let me know that."

How does "read her ISO" answer that? It doesn't even come close to trying. It's not even a valid response, that's like if someone asked me what the weather was like and I answered 'my favorite food is cookies' it's an answer, sure, but it's not an answer to the question i was asked.
I gave a pointless answer to a pointless question.
Of course I agree with it, although you make it sound like what you did was a good thing compared to what RBD was saying about it. You asked a question that had already been answered before you even asked. And I even said "It's the case I'm too lazy to make."
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:44 am

Post by emeraldemon »

Hey sorry, I hope this isn't too late to pick up my prod. Real life got unexpectedly busy but I am still here. Reading now, if anyone is online please come ask me something.

Thor what is your read on bulba?
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:45 am

Post by emeraldemon »

Also who are we lynching today?
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:11 am

Post by emeraldemon »

Ok, let's see.

VOTE: Rainbowdash
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:48 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 2277, inHimshallibe wrote:PJ, yes, but Sotty votes for ABR in that post, so again, I give slack.

Plus I'm pretty sure I have been voting for bulb since the ABR lynch so I'm not sure what his point is on that.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:27 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2287, HighShroomish wrote:I gave a pointless answer to a pointless question.
Of course I agree with it, although you make it sound like what you did was a good thing compared to what RBD was saying about it. You asked a question that had already been answered before you even asked. And I even said "It's the case I'm too lazy to make."
It's not pointless because I think her case doesn't hold water.

Why do you agree with her that it's somehow scummy that I didn't mention my case was meta at the end of Day 2? She has an issue with this, and I don't understand it, since you like her case can you tell me why this is a point against me?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2285, Thesp wrote:For the record, I'm willing to move to Rainbowdash today if it's shown to be a viable wagon. I strongly encourage other people who share this conviction to clearly state so.
You, Aegor, and maybe InHim (he's vaccilating now - which means maybe he was bartering in bad faith) have stated this. I think Bulba was also voting RBD at one stage, and has not reversed his read though his vote has moved, so he's a fair shake to come back on.
Emerald has just voted with this wagon.

So that's 2 votes on, and a potential 3-4 in available play. That's a 5-6 vote wagon at this stage. Maybe you should hop on and see who will join it?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:34 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Or to put it another way, there are two people on the Rainbow wagon and five of us on the bulb wagon. What is stopping you from swinging over and putting him at lynch -1 at this point?
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:56 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 2290, emeraldemon wrote:Ok, let's see.

So you are going to vote Thor tomorrow then right?

Like really, I want anypony voting me to at least acknowledge that they are going to take him down tomorrow, at VERY least by the end of the game because I am very sure he is scum here. There IS no solid reason for calling him town here, and his demeanor changes immediately to trying to push through the selfpreservation lynch when I start going for him. Get me out of the way before I can do too much damage to his status in the game.

I just at the very least want that from those who are voting me, that you will not let Thor make it to endgame.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2294, Sotty7 wrote:Or to put it another way, there are two people on the Rainbow wagon and five of us on the bulb wagon. What is stopping you from swinging over and putting him at lynch -1 at this point?
Because I'm pretty indifferent on the Bulb wagon, whereas these other people are listing RBD as an acceptable lynch for them?
That would seem to be the prime motivator for why I think they should move and not me.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:06 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Finished reading; I have not had much opportunity to mull. I will vote before I leave for V/LA.

1.)
I would prefer a lynch today -- and I will be voting to accomplish a lynch.

However, I will note that the game is at 12 players and so logically the Town should No-Lynch at some stage in the game and force the scum to nightkill. In the alternative (and I think this should be done over No-Lynching), we should push the Moderator into modkilling the next player to request replacement. The game was already thrown out-of-balance due to one modkill (giving the Town a distinct disadvantage), and a second modkill at this point (
so long as
we have no No Lynches) will help even the scales (and moreso help Town if scum is modkilled). I am actually somewhat miffed that
nobody
has mentioned that it is theoretically correct to No Lynch at some point when there is an even number of players alive during Day in a game with a single scum-team.

I am spoilering this next section because I am not very comfortable talking about it, but it is admittedly something I have had on my mind.
, please take note:

The mod chose to only modkill Matias at a time both Matias and DisCode required replacement. I think that substantially increases the chances that DisCode (former garmr, now Thesp) is scum, on the assumption the Mod would prefer to avoid modkilling scum when possible. I am trying to mentally shove this thought-process aside and presume the Moderator was solely using a sort of "after X days, a player requiring replacement will be modkilled" mentality, but it is very obvious that a simpler solution for Huntress would have been to modkill both Matias and DisCode. Modkilling Matias during the night in particular is suggestive -- why not see if the scum wanted to nightkill Matias? Why not wait until morning to make it official? The timing suggests there may have been a special reason for not modkilling DisCode, i.e., "if I only get one replacement, I would prefer them to replace DisCode because DisCode is scum and will be able to nighttalk and keep the game going"). If this is the case, I hope the Moderator takes note and is more careful with stepping in as a Moderator in the future when they are not applying a mod-Decision across the board; I firmly believe that either the Moderator should have either not modkilled anybody, or modkilled both Matias and DisCode.

2.)
RainbowDash, convince me why you are Town, and why your play does not fit the mold of "loyal" scum defending Albert B. Rampage. In particular, please discuss what appears to be your avoidance of Albert B. Rampage on Day Three in relation to your kabooooom push.

3.)
I am still highly uncomfortable with Sotty7. There are a few posts that felt downright ingratiating as I was reading; I feel like she is more trying to manipulate particular players into thinking she is on their side more than she is looking for scum. I have a definite sense of her playing the players. Her response to inHimshallibe just earlier is actually a fair example:
In post 2271, petroleumjelly wrote:
5.)

In post 1580, inHimshallibe wrote:
In post 1578, Sotty7 wrote:
Vote: ABR

This guy really needs to die.

Bulb is also probably scum at this point. His whole interaction with fonz/Tebow on day one was really off. Fonz pours the heat on him and at one point Bulb makes a comment about how he was barely paying attention to him when all he had done for posts before was reply in their little back and forth. Their whole interaction just really struck me as off. Throw on his weak suspicion of emo that he just keeps falling back on and we have scum.
Noted for later.

Votes one way, pushes a case the other.
inHimshallibe, has this note to yourself resulted in anything?
In post 2291, Sotty7 wrote:
In post 2277, inHimshallibe wrote:PJ, yes, but Sotty votes for ABR in that post, so again, I give slack.

Plus I'm pretty sure I have been voting for bulb since the ABR lynch so I'm not sure what his point is on that.
Seems very, "yeah, get a load of
this
guy" conversation from Sotty7 to inHimshallibe.

My point is that I consider it a scumtell when somebody votes scum while actually pursuing a case on somebody else simultaneously. It is an easy way to distance while being open to (and advocating) alternate lynches.

This was actually the note I
thought
inHimshalllibe might have been making to himself. But then he never followed up on it. And apparently now Sotty7 gets "slack" because the vote was on scum. I also think it is possible inHimshallibe is partnered with Albert B. Rampage and so was purposefully trying to highlight for the future players who technically voted for Albert B. Rampage but could arguably be lynched for pursuing other players. I do not like his lack of follow-up, especially after I directly asked him about his post. At the very least I would like to know why the post was so notable.

In sum, I am actually convincing myself while thinking on this issue that I think at least one of Sotty7 and inHimshallibe are scum. The entire interaction between the two seems they are at a point where they are both overly polite / not trying to step on each others toes, but I have seen no reason for why this would be the case. (Not the best wording, hopefully the essence is coming out here).

~

I am going to working on another project away from the computer for some time, but I will revisit the thread in a few hours, and potentially tomorrow morning before my flight. After that, I really will not be able to devote time to this game until after I return from V/LA.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:22 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 2290, emeraldemon wrote:Ok, let's see.

In post 2296, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2294, Sotty7 wrote:Or to put it another way, there are two people on the Rainbow wagon and five of us on the bulb wagon. What is stopping you from swinging over and putting him at lynch -1 at this point?
Because I'm pretty indifferent on the Bulb wagon, whereas these other people are listing RBD as an acceptable lynch for them?
That would seem to be the prime motivator for why I think they should move and not me.
I want it on the record that I find Thesp's posts odd and think he could very well be scum.

Anyway, people should be willing to compromise on the lynch. We gain no information if we do not lynch, and if we do, I will seriously considering replacing out of this game (which would be my first ever replacement) because it is so damn boring, and I really do not want to do that. So please just fucking vote Bulba and we can go from there.

Thanks you.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:24 pm

Post by Thor665 »

"People need to be willing to compromise"

"Stop trying to convince people to compromise your way - compromise my way instead"

Meh.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”