NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:52 pm

Post by Plessiez »

It's day 1. Deadline for the day is March 28th, 21:59 UTC. That's (expired on 2014-03-28 17:59:48).

Vote Count 1.24
talah [9 votes] (AngryPidgeon, penguin_alien, PeregrineV, aptil, Luca Blight, mastin2, Snork, SnowStorm, Zdenek)
[L-2]

Luca Blight [7 votes] (projectmatt, Damon_Gant, Nero Cain, DeasVail, RachMarie, Yates, talah)
aptil [2 votes] (ThAdmiral, 4nxi3ty)
mastin2 [1 vote] (BipolarChemist)
Yates [1 vote] (pisskop)

Everyone is voting!

With
players alive it takes
votes to lynch somebody or to go to night.

Activity
mastin2 is V/LA until March 31st.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:18 pm

Post by Snork »

In post 1649, Nero Cain wrote:I agree that Snok's attempted CW to Thad is p bad. The leading wagon was Luca, so it was affectively an attempt at a not Luca lynch.
Where did I say it wasn't? In fact, I said it was:
In post 1598, Snork wrote:How am I backtracking when I'm scumreading both of them? Talah's reads posts really made me pause, and Luca was at L-1, while Talah was at L-6. It wasn't happening. Plus, I wanted to see what kind of reaction that would get, but yeah I really wanna lynch ThAd too.
Also, "keeping Nero at arm's length"? What do you want me to do? I've engaged him and he refuses to answer the questions I posed to him about analyzing his own reads. We have less than 2 days left, I'm on the wagon of my choice, I've poked the people I was able to poke, and that's about it for the day for me. Thanks to ThAd and Nero, I may actually survive the night, but ThAd is still scum, and when he flips scum (or I flip town), that scumclaim post will be glaring you in the face.

What you fail to realize, Nero, is that I don't give a fuck how you think anything I do looks cuz I know what I'm doing and I know why. If you actually have any intention of determining the reasoning behind what I do, you'd ask, not just throw around empty accusations and rally for my lynch.

I've posted my reads multiple times and explained why I think certain people are scummy. People don't have to agree. I don't really care. My job is to be transparent and produce as much information as I can so that when I die it can be used effectively. My job isn't to belay your paranoia. Most of my reads are pretty solid at this point; there's only a few nulls to work out left, and flips will facilitate that. Of the nulls, I'm most interested in DeasVail and what he ends up doing.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:25 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

meh
vote: Talah

more than willing to switch to Luca if it makes it further
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:26 pm

Post by talah »

In post 1649, Nero Cain wrote:I agree that Snok's attempted CW to Thad is p bad. The leading wagon was Luca, so it was affectively an attempt at a not Luca lynch.
All the bussing talk which started to crop up immediately I put a case on Luca too made absolutely no sense. Top wagon was 3 votes at the time.

So anyway AP, what happens when I do flip town? Or are ya just gonna avoid that inevitability entirely?
I'd like to know how your reads will be affected.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

intent to hammer

I'm tired of this day and we should just lynch and go from there.

We should prob w8 on PA first though.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

intent to hammer

I'm tired of this day and we should just lynch and go from there.

We should prob w8 on PA first though.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by talah »

Also Pere saying he wasn't irritated by the arguing Bulba and I did in Fire Emblem because we were so far ahead can't be true since I got scum-vigged Night 1.

Snork has a possibility of being town but if so he's being hard-buddied by scum. If you're town Snork, open your eyes.

mastin saying that AP was the only player who had 100% accuracy reading him, and then AP magically joining the thread, is too much of a coincidence to ignore.

Annnyway. Still town. But I'm done.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:00 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 1611, Snork wrote:ThAd and 4nx voting aptil with 1 day left to deadline.... are you
trying
to get a NL D1?Honest question...
I know it's an unpopular position on this site but I'd literally rather no-lynch than lynch someone I think is town.
In post 1631, Zdenek wrote:
In post 1592, ThAdmiral wrote:"Yo thad's scum for starting a counterwagon, lets start a counterwagon on thad"
???
Where'd Snow_Storm say the first bit?
No one said those exact words, but I'm reading between the lines on the timing in which they attacked me - right after I tried to start a counterwagon.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Who do you think is hard-budding Snork?

Thought I agree that both Rogers and Snork could flip town but I still think their posting is p bad and quality of posting=//=alignment. :(

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

fuck it I'd rather talah stay around than luca

vote: luca
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:21 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

I'm just past page 40 on my catch up now. I guess I'll give a quick update on thoughts now.

I'm copying a lot of these notes from my notebook. I won't be going into too much of a wall, people just skim those, so I'm open to any and all questions if you need me to elaborate.

First 500 Posts:
I found peregrine to be very town acting, helpful and overall decent. I found Mister Rogers the same way, I liked his reads and they feel honest, and he's very contributive. My interaction with Zdenek was interesting, I wanna throw him into the town pile, but I'm not quite ready to. Talah felt very flip floppy, one second inferring he doubts the Fake Vig stuff, but then, in the same post, says I'm most likely town.

AngryPidgeon came out swingin' onto the quiet Pisskop, I like the idea of him getting lurkers to talk, not fully sure on him though. I did like Yates doubt of the Fake Vig thing, I found it to be a good perspective that wasn't mentioned yet, but his posts just became big one-shot walls of unhelpfulness, and I quickly started to find him scummy. Mastin is still null-scum, but I don't wanna comment until he's back and not dealing with shit.

DeasVeil hasn't posted too much, but I find him decently town. I don't like Thad's or Project Matt's liking of the Fake Vig, seems disgenuine and like they're trying to buy townie points, PM then was very on the fence, not taking a side on the matter.

Posts up to about 1000:
Peregrine continued to seem town for the same reasons to me. Same with Rogers. DeasV seemed to drop right off here, I doubt it's scummy, but my town feel is going away. I now like Angry Pidgeon's pushing a lot more, looking more town. I find Pisskop to be decently town acting, not particularly contributive in volume, but he keeps some discussion going.

Snork's entrance into the game was big and seemingly town, as time went on I began to question some of his stuff, I want to put him in my town pile, but I just can't yet. Snow still has barely said anything enough to post on, same with aptil. Zdenek also seemed to go away...

Thad moved from scum to null for me, I found him to be quite a bit more useful and contributive. Rach still hasn't done much, coasting, unvoting even though she said she hadn't caught up. Nero moved right into my scum pile, unhelpful in kind of an annoying way. Talah's drunk posting was funny, but I still think he's scum. The Oracle claim feels weak, and I don't like it. Yates kept on doing what he does, not changing my opinion of him.

Read List up to around Post 1000:
Town: Peregrine and Mister Rogers
Null-Town: DeasVeil, AngryPidgeon, Pisskop
Null: Snork, Snow, Aptil, Zdenek, Thad
Null-Scum: Luca, Anxiety, Mastin, Rach, Project Matt
Scum: Nero, Talah, Daman_Gant, Yates

I'm stopping here for the night I hope to finish tomorrow! Sorry for the absence. School, funeral, then more school was reason for being gone last week. Since Sunday been catching up on school work I missed and catching up on the ~1500 posts and I don't wanna skim too hard.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

Didn't wait to post a wall....posted a wall. oops :P
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:04 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 1617, AngryPidgeon wrote:About 48 hours left. Both wagons are L - 3 by my count.

PA I hope you have something amazing to say.
...doubtful.

Reading this over from the start, my first scum read was aptil. Clicking over to the ISO, nothing there feels towny. Really don't like the choice to analyze the uninvolved players. I have no sense of a reads progression or attempts to engage long-term with other players.

I kind of like talah's posting. mastin's entry doesn't feel right. I like BipolarChemist townreading RachMarie early, given that scum might not make the effort to see that it's her town game.

I'm not town reading Yates, which worries me. Usually his town game feels very town to me, but he's more organized and methodical than I've come to expect from him as town. Not to say that he isn't good as town, but he feels very removed from his points here.

I want to read AP as town, but he feels kind of overblown in his his entrance posts. Looking down the line again, I get the sense that he's pushing a lot with smoke and mirrors. Things like this:
In post 1571, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1566, 4nxi3ty wrote:
unvote, vote: aptil
Nooooo. Im not having another street racers: Las Vegas.
Also leave me scratching my head. We lynched scum D1 in that game. However we got there.

Screw it, I don't like the leading wagons.

UNVOTE: talah
VOTE: aptil

Yates asked me about Zdenek and pisskop. Zdenek's posts come off as having town motivations. pisskop, less so, but his train of thought as he posts reads as more organic than I'd expect from scum. I don't think he was this loose in Newbie 1462, overall impression. I don't have him as clear town, but I wouldn't lynch him today.

I'd deadline lynch Luca over talah right now for contribution levels/likelihood of being able to read them down the line.

Catch up got delayed with vacation activities, so the game's kind of percolating in my head right now. I like PV for town, and I like some of 4nxi3ty's posts for their willingness to take information and apply context, as when he sorts lurkers beyond, 'scummy, kill.' Also generally think I like ThAd, nothing specific yet.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1662, penguin_alien wrote:Also leave me scratching my head. We lynched scum D1 in that game. However we got there.
Yes we did, but the progression of the Day was still absurdly anti-town and draining.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:33 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1662, penguin_alien wrote:given that scum might not make the effort to see that it's her town game.
What effort did he make?? He called her town and never backed it up.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:50 pm

Post by RachMarie »

PA it is deadline time WTF?

At Mod if we get a replacement can we have a deadline extension?
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:51 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Then why don't you vote Luca if you like Luca over Talah?

Voting a teeny wagon this close to deadline benefits town in no way PA.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:41 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Penguin, I would be quite up for an AP lynch tomorrow (maybe even aptil, but the idea of roast pidgeon just feels so juicy, ya know?) but now I'd really like to go with Luca. If there is a reason why you think he's town, I'd like to hear it, but I'm becoming increasingly pessimistic about talah's chances of surviving as it is and I thought Luca was fairly scummy out of his exchange with talah.
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:43 pm

Post by Damon_Gant »

talah L-2
Luca L-3

26ish hours to go

BiPolar, pisskop (who seems to be missing), penguin_alien, you guys are responsible for this. Do something.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:02 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Deas, how can you be so sure Talah is Town? You two buddying up seems to have been a theme throughout this game.

In what way was I 'fairly scummy' in my exchange with Talah?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:08 am

Post by Luca Blight »

TheAdmiral, what occurred within the space of five minutes to change your opinion from this:
I know it's an unpopular position on this site but I'd literally rather no-lynch than lynch someone I think is town.
to this:
In post 1659, ThAdmiral wrote:fuck it I'd rather talah stay around than luca

? Also, if you've read Talah's posts, he has made it clear he doesn't intent to 'stay around' even if he isn't lynched as he has apparently had enough of this game.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:32 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1669, Luca Blight wrote:Deas, how can you be so sure Talah is Town? You two buddying up seems to have been a theme throughout this game.
:]
In post 1669, Luca Blight wrote:In what way was I 'fairly scummy' in my exchange with Talah?
This is the main part.
In post 1636, Luca Blight wrote:
You think that town have to believe one or the other of us, which says that you think town need to believe one of us is most assuredly scum.

I think that you're scum, however there is no way that I would expect town to know either of our alignments, only scum.

How is that the same opinion?
We both seem to agree one of us needs to be lynched tonight, right? I don't know where you're getting this idea that town must know either of our alignments from, at the end of the day it boils down to which one they believe more, that's not to say either of us are necessarily lying.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:36 am

Post by Luca Blight »

And what about that is scummy exactly?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:41 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 1670, Luca Blight wrote:TheAdmiral, what occurred within the space of five minutes to change your opinion from this:
to this:
In post 1659, ThAdmiral wrote:fuck it I'd rather talah stay around than luca

? Also, if you've read Talah's posts, he has made it clear he doesn't intent to 'stay around' even if he isn't lynched as he has apparently had enough of this game.
A lot of things but the tl;dr is I changed my mind.

I feel if talah lives to day 2 he will stay around.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:47 am

Post by RachMarie »

pisskop is being replaced

If someone would switch over to Talah I will hammer, I would rather see Luca who I think is more likely to be scum, but a NL on D1 is such bad juju it just gives scum a free kill or maybe 2 kills if we have a SK or another scum team.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”