PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:43 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Still doing ISOs and stuff, but

@Thor-
this sounds like a compromise lynch
In post 647, Thor665 wrote: @Cxin - I have intent to hammer you, please claim.
In post 708, Thor665 wrote: I'm still okay with lynching Cxin. I'll give him till this evening to manage these reads he's going to post.
Then I'll Mjolnir the heck out of him regardless.
In post 722, Thor665 wrote: I no longer care about Cxin's reads, I actually suspect people are right about him being scum now.
Be interested in how Smargaret was not eligible for such an honor, but now that Anti-hero is in such a position, she now is, but Antihero is not.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:46 am

Post by smargaret »

In post 1078, penguin_alien wrote:
In post 1057, smargaret wrote:
In post 1037, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1028, smargaret wrote:Bulba is town. Scum is probably antihero/PV; CTD looks like (wrong) town, even if that unvote was weird and scummy. Thor is town, but I'm less confident of this than I am in my Bulba read.
Penguin read?
Coming, probably tomorrow. Penguin and Bro keep getting conflated (thanks Narnia) and I'm having a hard time keeping them straight. I don't have a strong read on either of them, but I'm also not sure whether they're null-scum, null-town,
or
one of each until I get a chance to read thoroughly.
Why one of each? Do you think there's something in our play that means our alignments are indicative of one another? (And you can remember me as the super scummy one from Mini 1527, if that helps)

And no, I didn't come up with an opinion on the CTD-Thor death spiral. Heading home from vacation today, and I'll slog through it tonight in light of deadline being imminent.
I never said that you and Bro were differently-aligned. I recognized it as a possibility.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:47 am

Post by smargaret »

In post 1076, CrashTextDummie wrote:Scratch that, you must mean the Bulba vote, which happened on D1 and fits the textbook definition of a RVS vote. In Cxinlee's third post, he started blatantly not commenting by literally refusing a request to comment. Zekrom, by comparison started out looking like he was at least trying to appear useful by asking a lot of questions.

To be blunt, I don't see the distinction you are making at all, and if anything, your reasoning for defending Zekrom should have made you read Cxinlee as
even more
town than him.
I can't really reply to this. Obviously, I was wrong - all I can say is what I thought at the time.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:12 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1127, smargaret wrote:
In post 1076, CrashTextDummie wrote:Scratch that, you must mean the Bulba vote, which happened on D1 and fits the textbook definition of a RVS vote. In Cxinlee's third post, he started blatantly not commenting by literally refusing a request to comment. Zekrom, by comparison started out looking like he was at least trying to appear useful by asking a lot of questions.

To be blunt, I don't see the distinction you are making at all, and if anything, your reasoning for defending Zekrom should have made you read Cxinlee as
even more
town than him.
I can't really reply to this. Obviously, I was wrong - all I can say is what I thought at the time.
what about the Penguin read?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:26 am

Post by smargaret »

Leaning town, on both penguin and bro, largely by process of elimination. PA is townier by a bit - she had more of the "oh, that looks town" posts when I reread. But at the end of the day, either Antihero/CTD is going to get lynched, we're going to have a nk, and there will be more information available, or I'll be lynched and honestly, given my reads so far this game I'm not totally sure that I want to put too much effort into stuff that's probably wrong anyway.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:30 am

Post by smargaret »

and I'm far more likely to flip on one of my strong-town reads than on one of PA, bro, and TSO, based on what happens at the end of the day and overnight. So essentially:

Town: Thor, Bulba, CTD
null, town->scum: PA, Bro, TSO
Scum: Antihero, PV
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:31 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Day 3 Vote Count 14

AntiHero 4 - penguin_alien, BROseidon, smargaret,CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummy 3 - Bulbazak,Thor665,AntiHero
smargaret 2 - T S O,PeregrineV,

Not Voting

with 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

(expired on 2014-04-02 16:40:08)

till Day 3 Deadline
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:37 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1130, smargaret wrote:and I'm far more likely to flip on one of my strong-town reads than on one of PA, bro, and TSO, based on what happens at the end of the day and overnight. So essentially:

Both of your town reads are voting your other town read. Do you think Thor and bulba are just that bad at reading CTD-town.

And assume Antihero is lynched and flips scum. Since I know I'm not, and you claim your not, who is your next choice for his buddy?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:23 am

Post by smargaret »

In post 1132, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1130, smargaret wrote:and I'm far more likely to flip on one of my strong-town reads than on one of PA, bro, and TSO, based on what happens at the end of the day and overnight. So essentially:

Both of your town reads are voting your other town read. Do you think Thor and bulba are just that bad at reading CTD-town.

And assume Antihero is lynched and flips scum. Since I know I'm not, and you claim your not, who is your next choice for his buddy?
Antihero's buddy - depends on what happens overnight, but probably not CTD. I don't see CTDscum voting his last buddy when I'm just as viable a wagon.

Thor and Bulba voting CTD - The argument on CTD is the bad meta and the bad unvote, as far as I can tell. This is why I hate meta as an argument, by the way - it leads to cherry picking and wall posts and is too easy for scum to fake. I don't think the bad unvote overbalances everything else that's making me see CTD town, and his reaction to Thor's push for meta looks town. Town caught in a lie - no way those notes exist - but it isn't an inherently scummy lie IMO.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1115, Thor665 wrote:But, really awesome awkward side attack/discredit attempt that actually says nothing about my alignment.

Scum.
I'm more focused on this aspect of it.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1125, PeregrineV wrote:Still doing ISOs and stuff, but

@Thor-
[snip]
Be interested in how Smargaret was not eligible for such an honor, but now that Anti-hero is in such a position, she now is, but Antihero is not.
Um...random concept - I've not expressed any scum vibe towards Anti and have expressed it towards her?
It's a pretty crazy concept, I'll admit.

Seriously Pere, what the hell? Extract head from buttocks please.
In post 1133, smargaret wrote:Town caught in a lie - no way those notes exist - but it isn't an inherently scummy lie IMO.
:neutral:
:neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral:
What.
The.
SMURF?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:36 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1133, smargaret wrote:Antihero's buddy - depends on what happens overnight, but probably not CTD. I don't see CTDscum voting his last buddy when I'm just as viable a wagon.
So your answer is "not CTD"?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:39 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1135, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1125, PeregrineV wrote:Still doing ISOs and stuff, but

@Thor-
[snip]
Um...random concept - I've not expressed any scum vibe towards Anti and have expressed it towards her?
It's a pretty crazy concept, I'll admit.
I would ask for a link to this expressed scum vibe, by it's apparently more protown to require all petitioners to dig through all your posts and extrapolate your reads and reasons from many different locations that for you to link to a single coherent post. But, just in case.

Can you link me to the post(s) by you that contain a Smargaret scumvibe?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:50 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

In post 1134, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1115, Thor665 wrote:But, really awesome awkward side attack/discredit attempt that actually says nothing about my alignment.

Scum.
I'm more focused on this aspect of it.
It does say something about your alignment that you're unwilling to compromise in a situation where the wagon you're on has basically reached it's full potential (Bro, TSO, Smargaret have expressed town reads, Pere has expressed a townread on my predecessor and "liked the cut of my jib", PA has never given any indication of wanting to vote me), the compromise at hand is not someone you're town reading, and the issue of forcing claims early is apparently important enough to you that you'd put it on your wiki.

There's a clear scum motivation for you to sit pat on your vote, because the vote count was deadlocked and acting as pivot in the lynch decision could tip your hand as to who your scum partner is.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:51 am

In post 1135, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1133, smargaret wrote:Town caught in a lie - no way those notes exist - but it isn't an inherently scummy lie IMO.
:neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral:
What.
The.
SMURF?
A rare instance of me agreeing with Thor.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:57 am

In post 1122, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 1118, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1116, CrashTextDummie wrote:Do you often refuse to compromise on a player you have a scum lean on? I'd like to see an example of that.
Hey, you meta read me in depth - whats your research say?
In post 1119, CrashTextDummie wrote:I don't remember such an occasion. Help me out?
In the games I read, I did not see any instance of Thor refusing to compromise on a scum lean. I repeated my request for him to provide an example of this and I inquired again as to why and when, if at all, he refuses to compromise on a scum lean. What's the issue?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:06 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Also, agree with the Antihero-needs-to-claim thing. Consider this intent to hammer.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:09 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1133, smargaret wrote: Thor and Bulba voting CTD - The argument on CTD is the bad meta and the bad unvote, as far as I can tell.
This is not why we're voting CTD. At all.
In post 1140, CrashTextDummie wrote:
In post 1122, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 1118, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1116, CrashTextDummie wrote:Do you often refuse to compromise on a player you have a scum lean on? I'd like to see an example of that.
Hey, you meta read me in depth - whats your research say?
In post 1119, CrashTextDummie wrote:I don't remember such an occasion. Help me out?
In the games I read, I did not see any instance of Thor refusing to compromise on a scum lean. I repeated my request for him to provide an example of this and I inquired again as to why and when, if at all, he refuses to compromise on a scum lean. What's the issue?
I guess I misread. I thought you were denying all the meta diving you've been doing lately.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:19 am

Any thoughts on Antihero, Bulba? Any new developments in your Smargaret read?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:33 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1143, CrashTextDummie wrote:Any thoughts on Antihero, Bulba?
If PV doesn't hammer for some reason, I will.
In post 1143, CrashTextDummie wrote: Any new developments in your Smargaret read?
Not really. Still not interested in lynching her.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1137, PeregrineV wrote:Can you link me to the post(s) by you that contain a Smargaret scumvibe?
In post 950, Thor665 wrote:My case on her would be null, probably with a slight scum lean.
In post 1026, Thor665 wrote:I am able to objectively look at Smarg and admit she's not a blinding wall of town
Also, y'know, CTD is *whining* at me because I've expressed less than a town read on Smarg.
Like, it's the core of his conversation for the last few posts.
But, good thing you're willing to hammer her since you're paying attention to this game.
In post 1138, CrashTextDummie wrote:It does say something about your alignment that you're unwilling to compromise in a situation where the wagon you're on has basically reached it's full potential (Bro, TSO, Smargaret have expressed town reads, Pere has expressed a townread on my predecessor and "liked the cut of my jib", PA has never given any indication of wanting to vote me), the compromise at hand is not someone you're town reading, and the issue of forcing claims early is apparently important enough to you that you'd put it on your wiki.
How many games of mine, that you read, had me trying to force a claim at least a week before deadline?
Also, I don't agree with your take on your wagon's ability to grow.
Also I find your concept of my read on Smarg to be disingenuous and manipulative in how you're choosing to present it here as compared to my read on you and where my vote is.
In post 1140, CrashTextDummie wrote:In the games I read, I did not see any instance of Thor refusing to compromise on a scum lean. I repeated my request for him to provide an example of this and I inquired again as to why and when, if at all, he refuses to compromise on a scum lean. What's the issue?
That you're presenting a false premise and using it in a meaningless way to just try to bully for a lynch that has nothing to do with it even if I happened to be lying about how I play.
Which you should already know I don't - since your last time calling me out on my play went so shocking different than what I said it was.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:04 pm

Post by Thor665 »

For the record, I'm pretty sure this wagon is bad, and people voting it are either scum or also bad.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by T S O »

If you mean the Smargaret wagon, I'd have to disagree with you there.

Though I know you're scumreading both members on it with me, but still I believe it's gonna nail us some scum.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by T S O »

I don't understand why Smargaret's strongly townreading Bulba. Like, I don't get it.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by T S O »

Antihero, you coming in and being all like "Hey, guys fuck you, I have nothing to explain. I haven't done shit. Fuck you. Bye!" is doing you no favours. You're engaging with no-one and yet you're surprised when you're being scumread? If you want to dissipate that scumread, then step the fuck up.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”