Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:29 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 121, Bicephalous Bob wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:So...Bob and hopkirk are on the same team? I don't see any reason for Bob to be defending hop so strongly.
I'm whiteknighting

also tying us together in case I go down
see, he's even admitting it

Vote Count 1.05

Bicephalous Bob (3) - Twisted Advice, GreyICE, Antihero
Lords of the Unreal (3) - Turkish Van, MafiaSSK, Lords of the Unreal
MafiaSSK (2) - MonkeyMan576, PeregrineV
GreyICE (1) - Kublai Khan
Turkish Van (1) - notscience
Antihero (1) - Bicephalous Bob
MonkeyMan576 (1) - Hopkirk
Hopkirk (1) - beastcharizard

Not Voting (5) - Katarina LeBlanc, Metal Sonic, Guzame, burn_209, jbomber732

18 alive, 10 to lynch. Deadline is set for 3 weeks from now, on April 21st, 2014 at 6:00 p.m., PST.

Countdown:
(expired on 2014-04-21 18:00:00)
Last edited by The Knight-Errant on Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:29 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 122, burn_209 wrote:
In post 98, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 95, burn_209 wrote:
In post 89, PeregrineV wrote:Since I don't think you have an answer that could convince me, I didn't even bother asking the question
Well thats a good way to play mafia :roll: . How do you ever expect to get some reads on the game if you wont dig even a little bit? Sounds lazy to me
I'm happy to let you answer the same question. Maybe I'm wrong.

What about post sounds scummy or that it came from scum?
Nothing really. I see a guy saying who he is initially reading as town and then rebutalling an argument about hydras. To me it was a neither town nor scum post.
Then you think the Hopkirk vote in was justified based on post ?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:31 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

In post 119, Hopkirk wrote:So no response to what i'm saying? If you simply say it's wrong then the only thing there is your opinion rather than solid logic backing- which i have. when it comes down to logic vs someone saying "nah i don't think i even need to bother refuting the logic" then logic wins.
I just found Bob's responce more interesting, I'll respond to your post later when I have time.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:35 am

Post by Hopkirk »

120: Twisted answer? If you’re making a request idk what you mean. Also everything I said I’d said before.

121: Please don’t joke, stuff like that sounds like you don’t have a serious answer. This isn’t a game.

124: Not my logic at all.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:38 am

Post by Antihero »

that's all the logic i see

"he's RVSing because he's covering for a scumbuddy" isn't rock-solid logic, it's speculation. i'm pretty sure that doesn't "win" against anything. also, i'm completely entitled to give my opinion and walk away from it without being shamed for "avoiding" something
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:44 am

Post by Hopkirk »

He sounded as though he aimed to stop/change the current conversation by bringing the gamestate back to an earlier phase.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:47 am

Post by Antihero »

how about when peregrine did it here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p5791787
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:48 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 90, Antihero wrote:
In post 87, GreyICE wrote:Annnnntiiiiii!

You don't have an opinion on me Anti!

I'm sad.

Why meta anti?
never pegged you for the needy type, greyice...
._.

what about meta (who's meta)...?
"You don't sound like you did in X Bob!" Meta makes me sad, Anti. Sadness can only be cured with murder.

Is jbomber the scums, anti?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:49 am

Post by jbomber732 »

In post 132, GreyICE wrote:
In post 90, Antihero wrote:
In post 87, GreyICE wrote:Annnnntiiiiii!

You don't have an opinion on me Anti!

I'm sad.

Why meta anti?
never pegged you for the needy type, greyice...
._.

what about meta (who's meta)...?
"You don't sound like you did in X Bob!" Meta makes me sad, Anti. Sadness can only be cured with murder.

What does that mean?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:54 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Those sounded different. The length of monkey- bringing lots of old stuff up- and the fact it was monk's first post but not pere's make not only the content but the context different.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:01 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 132, GreyICE wrote:"You don't sound like you did in X Bob!" Meta makes me sad, Anti. Sadness can only be cured with murder.

you're anti-meta? i guess you learn something new every day... :\

jbomber, eh...?
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:02 am

Post by jbomber732 »

I'm so confused...Why are you just saying my name?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:04 am

Post by Antihero »

eh, jbomber reads a lot more newb to me
i don't think so
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:14 am

Post by burn_209 »

In post 126, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 89, PeregrineV wrote:Since I don't think you have an answer that could convince me, I didn't even bother asking the question
Well thats a good way to play mafia :roll: . How do you ever expect to get some reads on the game if you wont dig even a little bit? Sounds lazy to me

Nothing really. I see a guy saying who he is initially reading as town and then rebutalling an argument about hydras. To me it was a neither town nor scum post.
I think it was a weak vote on Hopkirk's part. Pretty sure that Twisted was just voting someone just for the sake of voting someone like a lot of people do during the RVS. There was know backing behind the vote or reasoing. Its like Twisted pulled a name out of the hat minus the hat. Then she probably read or reread the thread and then got town vibe from TV and changed her stance. It happens and it isnt vote worthy in my opinion. So yes Hopkirk is wrong but its getting discussion going so meh
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:58 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 138, burn_209 wrote:
In post 126, PeregrineV wrote:

I think it was a weak vote on Hopkirk's part. Pretty sure that Twisted was just voting someone just for the sake of voting someone like a lot of people do during the RVS. There was know backing behind the vote or reasoing. Its like Twisted pulled a name out of the hat minus the hat. Then she probably read or reread the thread and then got town vibe from TV and changed her stance. It happens and it isnt vote worthy in my opinion. So yes Hopkirk is wrong but its getting discussion going so meh
I thought it was a weak vote, but the Monkey vote was also weak.

Hop has since explained (). Thoughts on his explanation?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:02 am

Post by jbomber732 »

In post 137, Antihero wrote:eh, jbomber reads a lot more newb to me
i don't think so
This is my first non-newbie game, so I'm a bit confused with some things, such as hydras. But I'm a quick learner and hopefully you don't judge me just because im less experienced.
Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:03 am

Post by Twisted Advice »

In post 73, Hopkirk wrote:I also agree with burn, it sounds town. But I don’t really think that was indicative of alignment. That kind of stuff seems to be something that he has a long standing dislike of so he does believe what he’s saying which nullifies the point that it looks town motivated- it looks genuine because it is genuine but it’s about something which scum or town can easily look genuine in saying.

Beast why? This would mean you view us both as scum so got a case on each of us?

@60 twisted: Because of the vote on someone then the statement in your next post that the person was town with nothing changing.
If one of you thinks he’s town and the other says scum then the presentation that your slot views him as town is out of place.

@66: Could you explain? Is this due to a meta read on ice?

pedit: Holy cow
VOTE: Monkeyman
Re 60: I don't know why this is so hard. 33 bugged me slightly, but my other head had a stronger opinion in the opposite direction.

No, it's not. 65 is just a really town-motivated post. This is naive of me and I know that, but it feels like a dumb thing for scum to say-- it does nothing but give other players ammo should he indeed survive that long, and as such I surmise that he honestly expects to be nightkilled.
In post 80, Antihero wrote: third, the monkeyman vote. it's pretty awful
This so much, holy crap. Monkey didn't say anything scumy; he was merely confused. The pounce on him after that looks to me like scum scenting a weak, mislynchable townie. My only reservation is that someone else had just argued that Monkey's posts were town, so it wouldn't seem as appealing/like an obvious easy lynch.
In post 81, MonkeyMan576 wrote:Early town read on anti-hero.
Agreed.
In post 84, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 80, Antihero wrote:well, for one you're asking for cases on page 3 when beast was pretty clear on what his point was against you
second, your stance on KK makes no sense and tries to kind of parrot what GreyICE said while agreeing with the "KK is town" echochamber (you agree with burn, it sounds town; but..... then again, not?)
third, the monkeyman vote. it's pretty awful

now your turn.
1.) If i'm bussing he thinks we're both scum. If his only reason is "hop's bussing" that's not enough to justify a scum read on either of us. The other parts of his post- he did it... that means nothing, and it looks artifical- last town game i was called robotic, i rather frequently get that kind of stuff.
2.) I do not say he is town or scum, i am explaining the point that makes him, on first look, appear obvious town is something which was not actually indicative of alignment. (I find him null btw)
3.) His posts were pretty awful yeah. It sounds like his mtivation there is to totally halt what's going on and draw away attention from something that was happening there.

Pere want to explain?
1) BC gave more reasons than this, so this point is disingenuous.
3) To reiterate others, this is weak shit. I don't know how you can attribute what is clearly confusion of the setup, even if he's scum, for conniving intentional derailing of the conversation. It would take all of one post to straighten him out, say there is no jester, and return to the state of affairs already underway. Which is exactly what happened.
In post 91, Hopkirk wrote:1.) I said during the post I made the vote- the sudden 360 from voting someone to saying that person was a town read- and a good town read- without any explanation and without the person posting in between.

2.) As I’ve said before “3.) His posts were pretty awful yeah. It sounds like his mtivation there is to totally halt what's going on and draw away attention from something that was happening there.” And “And monkey's town reads come from whomever defends him while he tries to bring us back to rvs and stop what's going on now?” He’s trying to perpetuate unnecessarily rvs in what appears to me to be an attempt to remove attention to something from a partner.
1) I am pretty sure we have already explained this, but see further up in this post if it needs saying again. Calling it a "good/strong town read" was Jafar's opinion, but on balance this slot does read that one as leaning town.
In post 93, Hopkirk wrote:"this should be evident from the way he tried to differentiate between protown and townish in 73"

Yes i'm saying that it's not possible to tell town genuinity from something you actually believe genuinity meaning the tell become null.
I don't understand the quoted post here or what is then said about it.

In other news, I have a townread on Peregrine.
If it was solely up to me I'd move my vote to Hopkirk, but honestly Bob is still also scum, so it's kinda whatever.

Iago
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:08 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Twisted
- Am I reading your post as a response to to be "hydra dissonance"? I'm kind of getting that impression, but there is not direct answer to that post.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:09 am

Post by Twisted Advice »

Incredibly mild hydra dissonance, because I barely cared in the first place.

Iago
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:24 am

Post by beastcharizard »

Hopkirk, you are jumping at every little thing you could possible get at. Your posts did not seem genuine at all and quite frankly they still don't. I don't feel like you believe your own case. Also, I have nothing to link you I am just telling you how it felt to me. It gave me the busing vibe.

Can you provide me with the game where you were described as being a robot? I am curious to see how that compares to here. Also, don't see how that argument helps you in any way.

@jbomber:

You are doing fine. I jumped into a game on here like this with knowledge from another site that is nothing like this and I did decent.

@burn:

What is your opinion of Hopkirk? You say their vote is weak. Do you think they are scum or just over zealous town?

Twisted kind of looks town.
Anti is probably town.
PV isn't lurking so it is worrying me some.
Hopkirk is scum.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:30 am

Post by Hopkirk »

1.) That's all beast said.
3.) That's not all he did.
And the excuse for most of it is "I'm a hydra"... yeah i don't like hydras.

Beast:
I generally try and pick up on little things at the start- get out of rvs- the bigger reasons come later. Who ever has a great reason to be lynching around p3/4?
My posts are genuine so there's nothing i can argue here.
I will get a link in a minute.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:32 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I do not have time to look for past games tonight actually as i don't remember who said it.
Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:37 am

Post by Twisted Advice »

In post 56, beastcharizard wrote:Call me crazy, but Hopkirk it feels like you are busing Twisted. I know you aren't me but gosh do you remind me of a game where I basically came out of the gate busing my teammate.

Even if you aren't bussing I don't get the feeling that your posts are genuine in anyway.

VOTE: Hopkirk

I like Kublai, they make me laugh.
There are clearly two things going on here.

Also, "I don't like hydras" isn't a good excuse either. There still isn't anything scummy going on here.

Iago
Lords of the Unreal
Lords of the Unreal
Townie
Lords of the Unreal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:43 am

Post by Lords of the Unreal »

SSK can you just be, like, town or something.

Neither Kaze or I want to deal with the posts in this game right now.

~Phantasmal Bear
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:49 am

Post by beastcharizard »

Hopkirk, you weren't even in RVS. You just came in throwing around a vote for bad reasons. Then after you had to reply you made yourself look worse not better. When are the bigger reasons going to come? You tried to start a wagon on someone and had nothing behind it. You are throwing stuff out and hoping it sticks. What is your opinion on me exactly?

@Bomber:

You should just pretend this is a newbie game actually. I probably play with the amount of skill new players have anyway so it shouldn't be hard. Can you expand on your Hopkirk townness and your Bob scumness reads please?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”