Newbie 1488: Igloo-Town Tragedy (Game Over)

Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:56 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 171, innocentvillager wrote:I'll just address random shit that popped out at me:
In post 161, Billi bilaði wrote:innocent has no contributions to the game at all, in my opinion. He blundered with a lie in the beginning,
Um I thought we already established this was a joke k thanks bye
Bb: Um, and that was duly noted. Your responses weren't jokes, though, were they?

In post 155, Billi bilaði wrote:Most newbie games I've looked over have close to 30 pages of day one.
30 pages is like the max for D1. Most are like 10-20 pages.
Bb: Well, as I said, this was what I gathered from my readings.

In post 161, Billi bilaði wrote:while he has a lot of activity in other games.
I have to mod a game, and the only other thing I did was check out what marathon forum was for a night. So no.
Bb: 32 posts to check out the marathon forum with not a single post to your active game? Well, OK. Noted.

In post 131, Billi bilaði wrote:Where is your picking on that undercontribution from an SE?
There is no SE burden to contribute any more than others. The only reason I am an 'SE' is because I can't play games without being labelled an 'SE'. IC has more burden because they sign up for that role.
Bb: WHAT? I have not seen that there was a mandatory requirement to play newbie games or be an SE. There are like 8 other forums with experienced games to pick from (which you must know since you've played at least 1 of them acc. to my analysis of you). So, am I misunderstanding, or is this just another of your soup-stirring comments, just shy of a lie, to get reaction?

DDD is starting to bother me:
In post 88, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Survivalism short of lying is fine, it's just not a scumtell. And of course I want to force my opinion on the town, I want it so that when I want to push my opinion that there are no dissenting opinions.
This is scummy not for the reason that randomidget proposed necessarily, but more because it seems very awkwardly aggressive. I know a lot of experienced mafia that like to be aggressive and play to the leader aggressive-town stereotype, and this sentence is overdoing that aggression.
No dissenting opinions
? You don't even need EVERYONE to sheep you to win. You just need most.

That being said people unnecessarily got their panties in a twist when he voted Private which was fine
In post 152, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 151, Randomnamechange wrote:The reasoning for his lynch would also apply to a power role staying low. He hasn't done anything scummy.
Got that scum? Just post as little as possible and randomidget will never lynch you because you might be a power role and you haven't done anything scummy.
Not helpful to town at all; a newbie has a little misconception and instead of explaining why he's wrong in a constructive way (as is your IC job), you sass him out. Does not look town-motivated at all...
Bb: Nice one. Actually you're playing here. :] DDD is a good lynching candidate, along with you.
Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:04 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

vote Iv

That should be l-1

That joke thing page 1 really sealed the deal. It's kinda hard to explain but I've seem scum try to take something serious in rvs and use that as a reason to vote. Plus it didn't come off as a joke, it read serious to me.

His voting DDD doesn't sit well with me, I'm not necessarily town reading him but I haven't seen any scum indications from him so it looks like iv is just getting desperate.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:28 am

@ IV - do you still think dawn to dusk's vote on DDD was opportunistic?

regardless of your answer, why did you not pressure him more when it happened? you pointed it out and unvoted and never mentioned it again. Why is that? why did you not question him some more?

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:55 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 167, Billi bilaði wrote:I don't take that as a serious question back to me. I've already stated that I'm ready to hammer. You are just evading the questions put to you.
I answered your question; not directly but I feel like it was pretty clear.
In post 171, innocentvillager wrote:This is scummy not for the reason that randomidget proposed necessarily, but more because it seems very awkwardly aggressive. I know a lot of experienced mafia that like to be aggressive and play to the leader aggressive-town stereotype, and this sentence is overdoing that aggression. No dissenting opinions? You don't even need EVERYONE to sheep you to win. You just need most.
I mean the second half of this point is nonsense, if I'd somehow said I just wanted to form a five player town block and run roughshod over the other four players somehow you're going to pretend that's better? And the first half seems mostly inaccurate to me in general and extremely inaccurate to me in particular.
In post 171, innocentvillager wrote:Not helpful to town at all; a newbie has a little misconception and instead of explaining why he's wrong in a constructive way (as is your IC job), you sass him out. Does not look town-motivated at all.
In post 157, Randomnamechange wrote:Dunno, why I said that stuff about Private, I was tired. Sorry about that.
I was so wrong and mean that the player I sassed apologized for his inaccuracy; seems like my sass worked.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:38 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 175, Billi bilaði wrote:Bb: WHAT? I have not seen that there was a mandatory requirement to play newbie games or be an SE. There are like 8 other forums with experienced games to pick from (which you must know since you've played at least 1 of them acc. to my analysis of you). So, am I misunderstanding, or is this just another of your soup-stirring comments, just shy of a lie, to get reaction?
I can't play in the Newbie Queue without being an SE, is what I'm saying. There's no SE burden for anything in this game. I dislike playing in other forums especially because I prefer simple setups; I can't stand random roles that I don't know about. The only other forum I can semi-tolerate is Central Park.

Soup-stirring comments to get a reaction? I don't even know where you got that. Please enlighten me.
In post 176, Jake from State Farm wrote:That joke thing page 1 really sealed the deal. It's kinda hard to explain but I've seem scum try to take something serious in rvs and use that as a reason to vote. Plus it didn't come off as a joke, it read serious to me.
What does this even mean? If something "seals the deal" you better explain it well, not come up with some BS reasoning. There was nothing serious in RVS and that was my first post. Like what does this even mean. I've read it like 5 times I can't understand it. Even Billi who was so intent on pegging me scum for that one post agreed that it was a joke. The only thing remotely serious was everyone attacking me for something super trivial and my responses to that.
In post 177, Jake from State Farm wrote:@ IV - do you still think dawn to dusk's vote on DDD was opportunistic?

regardless of your answer, why did you not pressure him more when it happened? you pointed it out and unvoted and never mentioned it again. Why is that? why did you not question him some more?
Idk it was a gut-feeling at the time, didn't feel it enough to act on it. The only reason I unvoted was to remove my RVS from your slot. I reread after that and it didn't look as bad as it did the first time.
In post 178, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I was so wrong and mean that the player I sassed apologized for his inaccuracy; seems like my sass worked.
Whether it "worked" or not is irrelevant; it just seems like a scum mindset to ridicule other people's notions instead of refuting them in a constructive way especially when you're the IC.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:46 am

In post 179, innocentvillager wrote:What does this even mean? If something "seals the deal" you better explain it well, not come up with some BS reasoning. There was nothing serious in RVS and that was my first post. Like what does this even mean. I've read it like 5 times I can't understand it. Even Billi who was so intent on pegging me scum for that one post agreed that it was a joke. The only thing remotely serious was everyone attacking me for something super trivial and my responses to that.
I had a game on site, and quite a few off site where people tried to take something non-random and use it as a reason for a random vote and almost every time that person was scum. It's kind of a tell that I keep in my back pocket cause I don't see it happen very often, imo I feel like it has happened this game so i'm rolling with it.

Yours was taking the person who voted you for your name and turned it around on them as an OMGUS and lying about scum doing it. You may have meant it as a joke but imo it doesn't come off that way.

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:50 am

In post 179, innocentvillager wrote:Whether it "worked" or not is irrelevant; it just seems like a scum mindset to ridicule other people's notions instead of refuting them in a constructive way especially when you're the IC.
Whether it worked or not is the whole point; furthermore, are you seriously suggesting I'm scum because you don't like the way I IC because that seems to be entirely what you're whining about... playstyle.

~~

@mod: Vote count, please
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:01 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

An IC is supposed to explain what newbies are doing wrong. You are supposed to play according to the rules of being a good IC.
Why do you think that you are the best person to lead the town?
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:09 am

Post by PrivateI »

In post 29, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:As the IC, I'm here to answer questions and provide some order to the game while also playing the game.
Randomidget, his role is certainly not to explain exactly what newbies are doing wrong, (especially if he is scum), during the game. If you ask any game theory specific questions, he is bound to answer, but otherwise, his goal is to win, just like the rest of us.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:18 am

Well imo when a player gets run up to L-1 the IC should explain what that actually means and what the expectations are with regards to claiming, hammering, etc. That was a prime teaching opportunity.

Newer players who have never played the game aren't going to know what is expected of them and what they should do

Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:11 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Vote Count 1.06
  • innocentvillager (4) -
    PrivateI, randomidget, Billi bilaði, Jake from State Farm
    [L-1]

• PrivateI (2) -
    Debonair Danny DiPietro, jklash12
  • Debonair Danny DiPietro (2) -
    dawn_to_dusk, innocentvillager
  • Jake from State Farm (0) -

• Billi bilaði (0) -

• randomidget (0) -

• jklash12 (0) -

• dawn_to_dusk (0) -

• Zephyrus (0) -

• Not Voting (1) – Zephyrus
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is ~12AM EDT April 6
Countdown: (expired on 2014-04-06 00:00:00)
[/i][/area]
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 179, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 175, Billi bilaði wrote:Bb: WHAT? I have not seen that there was a mandatory requirement to play newbie games or be an SE. There are like 8 other forums with experienced games to pick from (which you must know since you've played at least 1 of them acc. to my analysis of you). So, am I misunderstanding, or is this just another of your soup-stirring comments, just shy of a lie, to get reaction?
I can't play in the Newbie Queue without being an SE, is what I'm saying. There's no SE burden for anything in this game. I dislike playing in other forums especially because I prefer simple setups; I can't stand random roles that I don't know about. The only other forum I can semi-tolerate is Central Park.

Soup-stirring comments to get a reaction? I don't even know where you got that. Please enlighten me.

Bb: You say things that are half-truths or misleading. That would be called by some "stirring the soup to get reactions". You said this was the only way you could play games, and now we should know that you ment that this was the only way you could play newbie-games. Soup-stirring, and, I think, way too much salt in the soup.

In post 176, Jake from State Farm wrote:That joke thing page 1 really sealed the deal. It's kinda hard to explain but I've seem scum try to take something serious in rvs and use that as a reason to vote. Plus it didn't come off as a joke, it read serious to me.
What does this even mean? If something "seals the deal" you better explain it well, not come up with some BS reasoning. There was nothing serious in RVS and that was my first post. Like what does this even mean. I've read it like 5 times I can't understand it. Even Billi who was so intent on pegging me scum for that one post agreed that it was a joke. The only thing remotely serious was everyone attacking me for something super trivial and my responses to that.

Bb: Nah, hardly agreed that I thought it was a joke, but agreed that I understood the resoning for calling it a joke.

Zephyrus
Zephyrus
Goon
Zephyrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:51 pm

Post by Zephyrus »

In post 176, Jake from State Farm wrote:
vote Iv

That joke thing page 1 really sealed the deal. It's kinda hard to explain but I've seem scum try to take something serious in rvs and use that as a reason to vote. Plus it didn't come off as a joke, it read serious to me.
Newbie: Was reading up and came up RVS. What does it mean?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:54 pm

Rvs means random voting stage. Something the IC should have explained on page 1

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:05 pm

In post 188, Jake from State Farm wrote:Rvs means random voting stage. Something the IC should have explained on page 1
No, the job of the IC is not to explain every last detail pre-emptively because to do so would be onerous and obnoxious to everyone who has played before; it's to answer any questions that arise as they arise.

~

IV, intent to hammer.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:10 pm

Post by PrivateI »

And for the purposes of everyone else,

DDP has just expressed an intent to hammer. This means, IV, that he is planning on hammering you upon viewing your next post. What he is primarily looking for is a claim, he wants to know if you're a power role. However, it is not always beneficial to claim that you are a PR. The choice is completely yours.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:30 pm

I guess each IC has their own style. Other ICs I've seen does stuff like that but it's not required

dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:08 am

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

If you are a PR, it would be stupid to reveal yourself this early in the game. You a practically painting a target on yourself, saying "hey mafia! Guess what? I am one of the most powerful people in the game and you should kill me!"

Trying to conceal stuff in your post is half the game, never reveal anything!!! ^_^

But enough on how to play the game.
@IV: you said my vote was opportunistic, yet you yourself voted for me on the slightest opportunity. Not going anywhere with this, just pointing it out ;)
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:56 am

lol this lynch is dumb
dawn_to_dusk wrote:@IV: you said my vote was opportunistic, yet you yourself voted for me on the slightest opportunity. Not going anywhere with this, just pointing it out
Never voted you.
PrivateI wrote:And for the purposes of everyone else,

DDP has just expressed an intent to hammer. This means, IV, that he is planning on hammering you upon viewing your next post. What he is primarily looking for is a claim, he wants to know if you're a power role. However, it is not always beneficial to claim that you are a PR. The choice is completely yours.
Lol you're cute

I'm a VT
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:23 am

Yeah but you would say that if you were scum. Saying that you are a vanilla tells us nothing.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:30 am

In post 194, Randomnamechange wrote:Yeah but you would say that if you were scum. Saying that you are a vanilla tells us nothing.
It tells me that when I do this...

VOTE: innocentvillager

That even if he is town I'm not lynching a power role.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:39 am

IMO good scumhunters are more helpful to the town in a small game like this than PRs.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:54 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

That's a lynch.
So, do I have a big target on my back for the night?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_66L4wdNXw
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:04 am

Yes, Billi. Yes you do.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:32 am

In post 195, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 194, Randomnamechange wrote:Yeah but you would say that if you were scum. Saying that you are a vanilla tells us nothing.
It tells me that when I do this...

VOTE: innocentvillager

That even if he is town I'm not lynching a power role.
DDD is scum guys I have a good feeling

That hammer was really sketchy.

Bill and random are almost certainly town though I'm not totally sure.

Also don't mislynch idiotically tomorrow like you did today

Like please actually put thought into it instead of just lynching for lulz

Good luck

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”