jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:23 am

Post by jbomber732 »

Because I didn't know how to spell it. It was a derp moment. And honestly even if I did know how to spell it, I never thought of correcting it.

Vote Count 1.10

Hopkirk (4) - beastcharizard, Twisted Advice, Katarina LeBlanc, MonkeyMan576
Bicephalous Bob (2) - PeregrineV, Antihero
Katarina LeBlanc (1) - Turkish Van
GreyICE (1) - Kublai Khan
Antihero (1) - Bicephalous Bob
Kublai Khan (1) - Lords of the Unreal
Lords of the Unreal (1) - MafiaSSK
jbomber732 (1) - GreyICE

Not Voting (6) - Metal Sonic, Guzame, burn_209, jbomber732, Hopkirk, notscience

18 alive, 10 to lynch. Deadline is set for 3 weeks from now, on April 21st, 2014 at 6:00 p.m., PST.

Countdown:
(expired on 2014-04-21 18:00:00)
Last edited by The Knight-Errant on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:29 am

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

In post 220, MonkeyMan576 wrote:In his only other mafiascum game, Guzame was a serial killer and didn't vote until day 8. So I would say his lack of opinion may be a scumtell, or it could be newbtown, but I am leaning scum.
that wasn't his only ms game

he definitely seems a lot more passive as scum
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:37 am

Post by Turkish Van »

In post 140, jbomber732 wrote:
In post 137, Antihero wrote:eh, jbomber reads a lot more newb to me
i don't think so
This is my first non-newbie game, so I'm a bit confused with some things, such as hydras. But I'm a quick learner and hopefully you don't judge me just because im less experienced.
Just think of hydras as one player, but sometimes they don't always agree with each other reads, but others tend to take the discussion in regards to that elsewhere and not in the thread.

Also, I'm curious though, why do you care what others think of you?
In post 144, beastcharizard wrote:
Twisted kind of looks town.
Anti is probably town.
PV isn't lurking so it is worrying me some.

Hopkirk is scum.
I noted the same thing with PereV. My last completed game he ended up being engaged and active and I thought it was a towntell for him and it turned out he was some type of third party. So here's where my read with PereV kinda meshes up with yours. I'm not going to be so quick to call him town, but I'm not going to be so quick to call him scum either.

I actually like Twisted for town.

I'm not sure if I agree on Hopkirk, but I need to go grab some old games on his playstyle.

The same goes for you because you seem to have improved from our last two encounters in the enchanted forest. (This is a good thing.)
In post 158, beastcharizard wrote:It was clearly RVS. Metal was the only one not confirmed at that point so I used it as my fun reason.

I know the following players from another site as well:

notscience
Katarina
Hopkirk
Metal Sonic

I like choosing them as my RVS targets if I am in a game with them.

Can you explain your reads please? Kat has said like 2 things and Metal has said like 1 thing yet one is slight scum and the other needs more? Neither have posted content so i am curious how you got those reads. I agree with the jbomber scum read only because they played the new card and their reads don't make much sense to me. How is Hopkirk town exactly?
Ftr, someone playing the newb card doesn't make them scum.
In post 157, Kublai Khan wrote:
Early Reads:
Townish: Bicephalous Bob, Twisted Advice, Hopkirk

Need further study: Lords of the Unreal, mafiaSSK, burn_209, Metal Sonic, notsience, Turkish Van, Guzame?

slight scum: Katarina LeBlanc, beastcharizard, Antihero, MonkeyMan576

Strongest scum-feelings: GreyICE, jbomber732
Where's PereV at all in this list as you seem to not have put his name in a list. I don't agree with the quick scumread on BC, can you explain that for me? Also how is Bob a townread?
In post 177, jbomber732 wrote:@kk I voted bob in the RVS, not because of any scumread. I already said that before. I mentioned that I thought there was someone in the game named blue and I voted for them cuz i dont lke that color. I realized there wasnt and changed my RV. I'm sorry that I can't expand my townread on hop, but i get town vibes from him.
I don't really like this post at all. When you first posted your RVS I thought maybe you accidentally slipped in RVS'ing a buddy and his name is different in the mafia QT than it is in the game. There's just something about this post that I don't like at all.
In post 193, Katarina LeBlanc wrote:It's more of a gut whoever doesn't agree with me is probably-scum and I didn't like the tone of his posts reading back :3
I dislike this post also, does this make me scum?
In post 194, Katarina LeBlanc wrote:
In post 190, Antihero wrote:bringing the heat

VOTE: katarina leblanc
O-oh no senpai
I also hate how you reacted to Antihero, but ignored the vote placed on you by my partner.
In post 206, MonkeyMan576 wrote:jbomber brings up a good point. There has been lots of activity so far not to have any scumreads.

FOS: Guzame
I dislike this fast sheep. Baaaaaa goes Prince Charming before he was Prince Charming.
In post 207, GreyICE wrote:PSA: Monkey is town
Explain please?
In post 239, jbomber732 wrote:*sigh* Ok listen. Just because I don't act the way a town should most of the time, doesn't mean that I'm not town. Frankly, I act so scummy, and I even know it. You can ask mala, who in a previous game saw this exact thing happen to me. That's why I was excited mala was here, because there'd be someone who knows how I play, and wouldn't be so fast to jump on me.
Shush about this game. Do not reference it again until I let you know it's safe to do.

(You aren't allowed to reference ongoing games even in the slightest. You are new so this is your first warning, but the next time it happens it won't be a warning. So, please don't reference anything until you see a title "Game Over" in the game you are referencing.)

Spoiler: Mah siggy
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:39 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 246, Hopkirk wrote:Lots of flipping and putting votes on every wagons seems so opportunistic. It doesn't really seem you care who is lynched just you get a lynch/can sow as much distrust as possible/stir stuff up.
it's called scumhunting and gauging reactions

you should try it some time
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:43 am

Post by jbomber732 »

Ok I think you're mala, so the reason I said that I didn't want anyone to judge me for being newbie is that I thought it might influence their reads in some way. I voted for "blue" because for some reason I thought there was someone named blue in the game. Also, what is a mafia QT? In the game where I was mafia I don't remember a "QT" And sorry I didn't know that I couldn't reference other games. But what I said doesn't really matter at all does it?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:44 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 253, Antihero wrote:
In post 246, Hopkirk wrote:Lots of flipping and putting votes on every wagons seems so opportunistic. It doesn't really seem you care who is lynched just you get a lynch/can sow as much distrust as possible/stir stuff up.
it's called scumhunting and gauging reactions

you should try it some time
I do.
Though people vote me for it.
You voted me for that exact thing.
Though with less flipping and more focusing on several people to get a good idea.
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:45 am

Post by jbomber732 »

Why are you writing in poetry?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:50 am

Post by notscience »

bomb it's a site rule not to talk about ongoing games (you being dead=/=game over) as a courtesy of the players to prevent any information leakage or just outside influence.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:53 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 256, jbomber732 wrote:Why are you writing in poetry?
approaching despair
as the town dies around me
breeds sad poetry
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:58 am

Post by Turkish Van »

In post 254, jbomber732 wrote:Ok I think you're mala, so the reason I said that I didn't want anyone to judge me for being newbie is that I thought it might influence their reads in some way. I voted for "blue" because for some reason I thought there was someone named blue in the game. Also, what is a mafia QT? In the game where I was mafia I don't remember a "QT" And sorry I didn't know that I couldn't reference other games. But what I said doesn't really matter at all does it?
I am Mala, why would I lie to you about that?

You keep changing your reason for your RVS vote and can't keep your story straight, you do know that right?
In post 16, jbomber732 wrote:yay for rvs!
Vote Blue
because hes the only person in the game I remember
This was your first post and your RVS. You voted them because it was the only person in the game you remember.

Then you quickly unvoted when you realized you slipped up and your reaction was pretty bad:
In post 23, jbomber732 wrote:nvm who is blue.. i dont even know.
VOTE bob
Then you added here that you voted them because you didn't like the color.
In post 177, jbomber732 wrote:@kk I voted bob in the RVS, not because of any scumread. I already said that before. I mentioned that I thought there was someone in the game named blue and I voted for them cuz i dont lke that color. I realized there wasnt and changed my RV. I'm sorry that I can't expand my townread on hop, but i get town vibes from him.
Anyways, I decided to pull up the only mafia game on this site. You probably don't remember the mafia QT because you never posted in it. it's here

Also what you said does matter. We can't speak regarding it so don't reference it again until it's called. You are a new player and I like you. I rather not see you suspended for a rookie mistake like this when it can easily be avoided.

Spoiler: Mah Siggy
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:03 am

Post by beastcharizard »

My reads of the other group at the time I was questioned were all null but Hopkirk because the others didn't do anything yet.

Metal: still null because they aren't doing anything.
Hopkirk: still scum
Katarina: leaning town
ns: leaning town

@new card isn't scummy:

It might not be but it still doesn't sit well with me. It is setting up an excuse for when they do something scummy.

@hopkirk:

Does the town die around you because you are killing them all because you are scum?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:14 am

Post by notscience »

Hey Mala

You and peng should have a long discussion about the following topics

1) Why isn't ns in our townreads yet

2) When we put him in our townreads do we put him in the "holy fuck he's town" slot, the "obvtown" slot, or the "holy fuck he's obvtown" slot

Can someone on the hopkirk wagon (I'd prefer one of the later votes) explain why it's a thing? "Bcoz he's scummy" is not an answer.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:19 am

Post by burn_209 »

Sorry guys been busy with school so i need to catch up and read some. Ill answer some questions and post my thoughts in this post as i read a long as it helps me figure things out. Its a putting pen to paper kinda thing so sorry in advance for a long post.

In response to post I mean I believe it...sort of. I think he was doing it to dig so that he could get discussion going but his rationalization of why he is doing it is crap, but I guess he cant exactly come out and say "Im voting for you to get more info" because then it defeats the purpose. He is just trying to make a case where no case is there to be made.

I like KK. He is my strongest town read at the moments. Dude is doing scumhunting like he did in post and i liked his post on the hydras. The post on hydras seemed town to me because he was right, it is a distraction at some level. The fact he didnt want people to try to figure out who is the hydra instead of who is the scum is counter-scummy to me. I would think that the scum would want as much confusion and irrelevant discussion as possible. It felt genuine to me and him wanting the town to stay on track is a town move in my opinion.

I like how Beast is challenging reads and not just taking them for what they are worth like in . I see a scum member being more compliant and yea yea'ing people when they offer their reads. His brashness and abrasive demeanor bugs me but that isnt something that you can make an alignment tell off of even though people love to do that.

Jafar and Iago I like what they are doing as well because of the scum hunting they are doing especially in . How they moved on from the KK spat and agreed that KK is town is a town tell to me as well. I think a scum player would have pushed that a little harder and fabricated a case against KK for pushing irrelevant conversation.

Hopkirk Im either or on. While he is digging to get reads. the rationalizations for his openings to put pressure seem to come from a scum perspective. There is a difference between over exaggerating things to get a reaction (I would think this is a move a townie would make) from someone and just throwing away all common sense and trying to make a case where a case isnt there like he did against twisted. But at least he is trying to scumhunt which is a big deal. I dont see scum putting in that much effort and being that challenging. Consider me sitting on the fence with him until further notice.

jbomber seems fishy to me. Its like the guy doesnt have any substance to his reads and isnt giving reasonings behind his reads like in and . In all honesty I dont think he has any. "Just saying KK seems towny to me" isnt enough for me and rubs me the wrong way. Its like he doesnt want to give a case because he knows it will be full of shit. Also I dont like the way he reacted basically all of page 10. Dare I say I sense a little bit of panic there? I have my eyes on you killer

I like Grey's posts on bomber so far especially because well....it makes sense and I can see how bomber is acting like he is doing the pee dance without trying to make noise lol. I would like to see some more serious posting from him though.

Notty's dismissal of bomber being scum is irresponsible. I have seen scum use that same post on different sites many many times. I find it odd you were so quick to write him off like that.

Sorry for having a wall of text it just helps me keep my brain flowing
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:21 am

Post by burn_209 »

However playing with Notty before he did that a lot and he was town so he could just as well be town lol
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:31 am

Post by Turkish Van »

In post 261, notscience wrote:Hey Mala

You and peng should have a long discussion about the following topics

1) Why isn't ns in our townreads yet

2) When we put him in our townreads do we put him in the "holy fuck he's town" slot, the "obvtown" slot, or the "holy fuck he's obvtown" slot

Can someone on the hopkirk wagon (I'd prefer one of the later votes) explain why it's a thing? "Bcoz he's scummy" is not an answer.
Why do you care about our opinion that much? But sure, we'll call you town as long as you keep amusing us. Gut doubts you'd throw yourself onto our radar like that as scum. More seriously, you do tend to become clear cut sooner rather than later, so I'm not overly worried about you wriggling away.

--PA
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:33 am

Post by jbomber732 »

In post 259, Turkish Van wrote:This was your first post and your RVS. You voted them because it was the only person in the game you remember.

Then you quickly unvoted when you realized you slipped up and your reaction was pretty bad:
I didn't know which of the 2 hydras you were so I said that I thought you were mala of the two. (my computer doesn't let me view the sig)

I may have seen Bob's name starting with a b and thought it was blue, because honestly I don't know where I got that. I said I voted blue because I didn't like the color, because for the RVS don't people usually just find the crappiest reasons to vote and use them?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:33 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 261, notscience wrote:Can someone on the hopkirk wagon (I'd prefer one of the later votes) explain why it's a thing? "Bcoz he's scummy" is not an answer.
not on the wagon, but i'll take this one

it's because he bills himself as a "logical" player, but there's a lot of holes in his logic. the last series of posts on my bob vote is a prime example; there's an assumption that there's only one way to play as town and that vote hopping is a scumtell.

other than kat's vote, i don't have an issue with the composition of the hopkirk wagon. i'm a lot more wary of the white-knights.
^notty, what are you thinking re: what i said last line
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:35 am

Post by jbomber732 »

Oh and by remember meant that I had clicked on preview and couldn't see the list of people, so I literally forgot who was in the game. So I couldn't remember anyone and I thought for some reason there was a guy in the game named blue. Listen, I'm dumb, but not dumb enough to vote someone because of their name on this QT thing.
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:37 am

Post by jbomber732 »

In post 262, burn_209 wrote:Sorry guys been busy with school so i need to catch up and read some. Ill answer some questions and post my thoughts in this post as i read a long as it helps me figure things out. Its a putting pen to paper kinda thing so sorry in advance for a long post.

In response to post I mean I believe it...sort of. I think he was doing it to dig so that he could get discussion going but his rationalization of why he is doing it is crap, but I guess he cant exactly come out and say "Im voting for you to get more info" because then it defeats the purpose. He is just trying to make a case where no case is there to be made.

I like KK. He is my strongest town read at the moments. Dude is doing scumhunting like he did in post and i liked his post on the hydras. The post on hydras seemed town to me because he was right, it is a distraction at some level. The fact he didnt want people to try to figure out who is the hydra instead of who is the scum is counter-scummy to me. I would think that the scum would want as much confusion and irrelevant discussion as possible. It felt genuine to me and him wanting the town to stay on track is a town move in my opinion.

I like how Beast is challenging reads and not just taking them for what they are worth like in . I see a scum member being more compliant and yea yea'ing people when they offer their reads. His brashness and abrasive demeanor bugs me but that isnt something that you can make an alignment tell off of even though people love to do that.

Jafar and Iago I like what they are doing as well because of the scum hunting they are doing especially in . How they moved on from the KK spat and agreed that KK is town is a town tell to me as well. I think a scum player would have pushed that a little harder and fabricated a case against KK for pushing irrelevant conversation.

Hopkirk Im either or on. While he is digging to get reads. the rationalizations for his openings to put pressure seem to come from a scum perspective. There is a difference between over exaggerating things to get a reaction (I would think this is a move a townie would make) from someone and just throwing away all common sense and trying to make a case where a case isnt there like he did against twisted. But at least he is trying to scumhunt which is a big deal. I dont see scum putting in that much effort and being that challenging. Consider me sitting on the fence with him until further notice.

jbomber seems fishy to me. Its like the guy doesnt have any substance to his reads and isnt giving reasonings behind his reads like in and . In all honesty I dont think he has any. "Just saying KK seems towny to me" isnt enough for me and rubs me the wrong way. Its like he doesnt want to give a case because he knows it will be full of shit. Also I dont like the way he reacted basically all of page 10. Dare I say I sense a little bit of panic there? I have my eyes on you killer

I like Grey's posts on bomber so far especially because well....it makes sense and I can see how bomber is acting like he is doing the pee dance without trying to make noise lol. I would like to see some more serious posting from him though.

Notty's dismissal of bomber being scum is irresponsible. I have seen scum use that same post on different sites many many times. I find it odd you were so quick to write him off like that.

Sorry for having a wall of text it just helps me keep my brain flowing
I know i don't have good reads. But I'm too lazy (sorry!) to go looking through posts and quoting what seems scummy to me. That doesn't mean I don't see it, it just means I'm too lazy to go find it. I do make my reads up of good content, I just don't quote it all.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:44 am

Post by burn_209 »

Now if you were town you wouldnt be lazy because as a town member you have to actually make shit happen instead of sit back and let shit come your way like scum do.

So on that note VOTE: jbomber
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:48 am

Post by jbomber732 »

If I'm always lazy what difference does my role be? I'm a lazy town and I'm proud. Just because I'm not quoting posts doesn't mean I'm not "Making shit happen"
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:55 am

Post by burn_209 »

In post 270, jbomber732 wrote:If I'm always lazy what difference does my role be? I'm a lazy town and I'm proud. Just because I'm not quoting posts doesn't mean I'm not "Making shit happen"
Just saying I think (insert name) is pretty towny.....isnt making shit happen
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:00 pm

Post by jbomber732 »

I'm letting my opinion known. Its the same thing as making a large wall of text. Either way everyone knows my read on that person, and I save myself a lot of time.
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by jbomber732 »

Ok, even though he has only posted like twice, I've gotten extremely strong scumreads from them.

VOTE GUZAME
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:41 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

@jbomber:

Who do you share a QT with this game?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”