NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 2021, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2003, penguin_alien wrote:What are yo to get out of this?
you worried?
LOLnope. Just an odd entry.
In post 2023, Nero Cain wrote:PA, gun to your head-read on Mastin.
Gun to my head, scum. Rereading her ISO, I think the lack of bossing town around is a byproduct of low activity rather than an absence of intent. And the stances she takes are really unsubstantiated across the board.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2024, Snork wrote:Nero - the only reason you are townreading Rach is because I'm scumreading her?

But you don't even know my alignment? Neither of us have flipped... why aren't you basing your reads on what people have done? You saw how well association reads worked yesterday....
I think the CASE on Rach is crap. PERIOD. Though I am cautious about you and Thad, I could see where his pointed question would lead you to believe that.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2020, Nero Cain wrote:I also (surprisingly!) agree with AP who first brought this up.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Am I the white chick or the black one?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Post by Snork »

Well ok that's fine if you think my reasoning is crap. But I guess I don't understand how that changes your perception of
her
… if you thought she was scum, my consideration of her play wouldn't, or shouldn't change that, since that is my doing and not hers. The same should be true if you thought she was town.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

So you think that if a bad case is being pushed then its alignment irrelevant? I disagree and I think that's a large source of mislynchs on this site.

So what do you think of all the others calling her town?

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:40 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 2020, Nero Cain wrote:If you think changes of heart with no explanation is scummy then why are you not suspicious of Snork who pretty much did a hard reset for little to no reason? I also (surprisingly!) agree with AP who first brought this up.
snork's change of heart did make me raise an eyebrow but he explains his thoughts pretty clearly in 1790. The fact that he was so sure talah was scum and she flipped town is an adequate explanation of why his reads may have been so shaken up.
In post 2020, Nero Cain wrote:Are you like being dense here or are you just scum? In those same posts you quoted today it shows me town reading Rach. Are you really getting fussy about me changing my stance without using the words "I've changed my stance" And yet you also quoted my posts from yesterday wich shows me scum reading her and my posts from today that show me town reading her but you say it wasn't obvious? Come on man, this is starting to look like some fake derp.
No, you're the one that's being intentionally dense.
Obviously I recognize that you CURRENTLY read rach as town. I'm interested in
the process of change
. THAT is what I don't get. I don't get what happened in your brain to move rach from scum who you wanted lynched, to town.
In post 2020, Nero Cain wrote:yes but you'll need to explain what that has to do with anything.
I was hoping the inherent ridiculousness of your stance would become apparent, but clearly not.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1943, Nero Cain wrote:the fact that this crap attack happened on day 2
In post 1970, Nero Cain wrote:I have a tendency to think really bad pushes usually make a player town
In post 2026, Nero Cain wrote:I think the CASE on Rach is crap

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:47 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 2026, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2024, Snork wrote:Nero - the only reason you are townreading Rach is because I'm scumreading her?

But you don't even know my alignment? Neither of us have flipped... why aren't you basing your reads on what people have done? You saw how well association reads worked yesterday....
I think the CASE on Rach is crap. PERIOD. Though I am cautious about you and Thad, I could see where his pointed question would lead you to believe that.
Clearly there is a lot you and I agree with in regards to rach as we were both scumreading her day 1. It's also clear, however, that we disagreed about what snork pointed out about rach at the start of today (i.e. luca being cleared by cop in another game, although he was actually scum), even though rach later admitted it was only because she was "confused" about the other game - which in many ways shows that snork's (and by extension my own) position was justified.

You've said it was a crap attack multiple times, maybe I just need you to clarify to me exactly what was so crap about it.

I also agree with what snork says here:
In post 2029, Snork wrote:Well ok that's fine if you think my reasoning is crap. But I guess I don't understand how that changes your perception of
her
… if you thought she was scum, my consideration of her play wouldn't, or shouldn't change that, since that is my doing and not hers. The same should be true if you thought she was town.
In post 2030, Nero Cain wrote:so what do you think of all the others calling her town?
I know this was addressed to snork but I'm personally baffled by it. I'm focusing on you, however, as to my knowledge none of the other people had so clearly identified her as scum yesterday.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'll respond to you in a sec but just for the record, what is your read on Snork?

Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:02 pm

Post by Snork »

In post 2030, Nero Cain wrote:So you think that if a bad case is being pushed then its alignment irrelevant? I disagree and I think that's a large source of mislynchs on this site.

I never said that. It CAN be, if you combine it with other factors. However, it's MY alignment this would be indicative of, not hers. Since it's MY reasoning, not hers. But you were scumreading both of us yesterday, and my read on her hasn't changed. The only thing that has changed is YOUR read on her. The fact that I am still scumreading her is just as shitty a reason to flip your read on her as her reason for flipping on luca.

And as for the people who are town reading her, I think they are missing it. The claim she is making is so clearly false I have a hard time feeling like anyone townreading her isn't just stupid. I know they're not but that is my gut reaction. I can't understand how anyone could look at her ISO and think that pity party of bullshit excuses and lies is fucking town. And it pisses me off quite honestly.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:11 pm

Post by Plessiez »

It's day 2. Deadline for the day is 13th April, 15:45. That's (expired on 2014-04-13 15:45:32).

Vote Count 2.5
SnowStorm [4 votes] (penguin_alien, 4nxi3ty, Angry Pidgeon, mastin2)
RachMarie [2 votes] (Snork, ThAdmiral)
ThAdmiral [2 votes] (SnowStorm, aptil)
TheWayItEnds [1 vote] (Yates)
penguin_alien [1 vote] (Nero Cain)

7 players are not voting
: {Damon_Gant, DeasVail, Egg, PeregrineV, projectmatt, RachMarie, TheWayItEnds}

With
players alive it takes
votes to lynch somebody or to go to night.

Activity
RachMarie is V/LA until April 6th.
projecttmatt is V/LA until April 7th.
Yates is V/LA.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2033, ThAdmiral wrote:You've said it was a crap attack multiple times, maybe I just need you to clarify to me exactly what was so crap about it.
I can do this.

Rach is in a newbie game, finds Luca scummy. Guy claims inno on him.

Here's what Rach said in this game
In post 1769, RachMarie wrote:So yeah there was cause to see Luca as a scumspect on D1 here in this game.
but she also said this
In post 1853, RachMarie wrote:His play in that game was
similar
to the play in this game but I was not able to talk about it.
wich ok...is kinda dumb 'cause the diffrence in Luca's play in those games were like night and day but the key thing here is that SHE THOUGHT THIER PLAY WAS SIMILAR.

So Rach thinks Luca is scum in newbie game, thinks his play is similar here, wants him dead here. Makes sense here so far.

"BUT THIER WAS AN INNO ON HIM!" yells the maybe scum alt and scumThad.

ok.
In post 1936, RachMarie wrote:I had forgotten the cop read hence I was thinking Luca was scum in that game just like here that is the point.
Earlier she says...
In post 1855, RachMarie wrote:My feeling was he was scum
until I reread
and saw the cop clear
ok, lets look at the newbie game
In post 867, Jake from State Farm wrote:You realize Luca is cop confirmed town right?
In post 868, RachMarie wrote:having
reread
yes I do. Jake
Her last post in THIS game was Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:41 pm, long before she reread the cop claim in the newbie. So she was voting Luca in this game BEFORE she even reread the newbie inno claim. So to her she THOUGHT LUCA WAS SCUM.

So the chain of events go something like this:

Rach finds Luca scummy in random newbie game>>>>Rach finds Luca scummy in this game>>>>Rach forgets the inno in a newbie game>>>>Rach still wants a dead Luca in this game.>>>Rachs last post in this game>>>she rereads the cop claim.

Are you arguing that she had the foresight to hop on Luca and then "lie" in the newbie game that she forgot the cop claim just so she could defend herself here? I think her play makes perfect sense and I don't think she's lying about forgetting the cop inno.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2033, ThAdmiral wrote: I also agree with what snork says here:
In post 2029, Snork wrote:Well ok that's fine if you think my reasoning is crap. But I guess I don't understand how that changes your perception of
her
This isn't exactly rocket science here. If you don't agree with a case YOU DON'T JOIN THE WAGON! Is it possible to have a crap case on scum? Sure but then you are essentially arguing that you pegged scum for the wrong reasons which isn't a very good argument. So if an argument is not very good then its stands to reason that you are probably wrong about their alignment.

In post 2030, Nero Cain wrote:so what do you think of all the others calling her town?
I know this was addressed to snork but I'm personally baffled by it. I'm focusing on you, however, as to my knowledge none of the other people had so clearly identified her as scum yesterday.
ok.........the fact that I had a scum read on her yesterday and didn't like the case on her today and think she's town has like shit all to do with anything.

In post 2035, Snork wrote:
In post 2030, Nero Cain wrote:So you think that if a bad case is being pushed then its alignment irrelevant? I disagree and I think that's a large source of mislynchs on this site.

However, it's MY alignment this would be indicative of, not hers. Since it's MY reasoning, not hers.
Are you claiming scum here? 'Cause town push bad cases all the time.

The fact that I am still scumreading her is just as shitty a reason to flip your read on her as her reason for flipping on luca.
Ignoring the fact that I said that said I think the case is crap (and I'm actually more worried with Thad here, though your reason YESTERDAY for not lynching Luca was 'cause your scumreads are on him but now that your scum read Thad is on you are kinda like "eh" and that IS a bit alarming.) and not so much about me hating you, don't you find that a tad bit hypocritical?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Thad shouldn't live much longer, lets put him out of his misery.

vote:Thad

reads on AP, Yates, and DV noa.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:36 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Prod dodge. :(
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:04 am

Post by Snork »

Nero I understand you thinl the CASE is crap. I don't think you're getting my point, which is that if you are scum reading two people, one of which is scum reading the other, and the next day that person is still scum reading the other, and forms an argument that you think is crap, that shouldn't affect your read on rach. If anything it should strengthen your scumread on me yet that hasnt happened. You all of a sudden town read rach and are pushing thad.

Whatever. You aren't going to get it cuz I don't know how else to explain what I mean. And regarding thad on the wagon, I mean how many times do I have to say that didn't work yesterday? Why would I use the same method today?
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:03 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

In post 2005, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1949, Damon_Gant wrote:It
was
vanity, as far as I'm concerned the whole charade of staying off the main wagons was vanity for all those involved, and it's the kind of posturing that I am wary of.
Except I was right:
Both wagons were on town.

Thus, attempting to get a wagon
not
on one of them wasn't vanity; it was sanity.
Wow, I didn't realise this! Both wagons did turn out to be on town! Well I'll be blown. Of course, you placed your vote on another incorrect wagon so whatever. As I said, I think not being on either of those two wagons on Day 1 does not even begin to give town cred of any sort. The most likely people to be "right" about that sort of thing are scum in my opinion.

Later in that post you did say possibly the first thing I agree with you about though. SnowStorm's recent posting has been very scummy in my eyes. This is a lead I'm going to chase down and try and pinpoint exactly
what
has changed about SnowStorm's posting that has made me feel like this, because I don't find reasonless accusations of scumminess to be very useful.

My time lately has been limited, but that changes dramatically in approximately 3 hours where my time suddenly becomes near unlimited for the next couple of weeks, so maybe then I'll be able to crack this game.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:01 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1873, Snork wrote:AngryPigeon.

You

are fucking infuriating.
Was going to wait until the end to comment, but this cracked me up. :lol:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:17 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1931, RachMarie wrote:I guess it depends on the mod Nero. I usually see in multiball two different kinds of death like shooting and stabbing or something of that nature.
You see that a lot more in themes. Generally Normals shouldn't distinguish kills (although sometimes mafia/SK kills can be different)
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:39 am

Post by PeregrineV »

OK, out of three replacements
Egg for BiPolar
Penguin for MisterRogers
Way It Ends for pisskop

I remember Egg's entrance and find it the most town. It comes in and scumhunts. Expecting more...*hint hint*

and maybe I misread, but don't recall the Penguin or WayItEnds entrance. Probably just misread. Will go find it.

Meanwhile,

vote: 4nxi3ty
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:38 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2028, Nero Cain wrote:Am I the white chick or the black one?
The black one probably.
In post 2031, ThAdmiral wrote:snork's change of heart did make me raise an eyebrow but he explains his thoughts pretty clearly in 1790. The fact that he was so sure talah was scum and she flipped town is an adequate explanation of why his reads may have been so shaken up.
Mmm. I've definitely devolved into various levels of insanity or waffling or self-doubt when my reads have flipped wrong (trying to contain that recently), but Snork's didn't really feel that genuine. He just sort of announced that he would be reconsidering everything and then came up with 2 new townreads from the blue and chalked it up to that? His posts about RM look fairly town though, so eh. Not sure why you think this in particular looked genuine though, it was kind of the opposite? Of the reasons to townread Snork, this is not what Id go with.
In post 2035, Snork wrote:The claim she is making is so clearly false
I thought you weren't accusing her of lying ;)
I dunno man, I'll feel pretty dumb if RM is actually jusy hilariously scum this game, but sometimes people (myself included) think dumb thoughts and do dumb things. I really don't see why RM would make a vote hop from one leading town wagon to the other just to try and back it up with some crazy-ass theory about scumreading him in another game? I subscribe to the belief that weird/extravagant cases are a towntell, and this fits under that. I find it unlikely she would post such an enigmatic defense as scum (that also depends on the game being over?) instead of coming up with something more reasonable over the night when she could definitely talk to buddies about it anyways.
In post 2035, Snork wrote:I know they're not but that is my gut reaction. I can't understand how anyone could look at her ISO and think that pity party of bullshit excuses and lies is fucking town.
Snork, I love you man but you gotta stop getting so personally vested in this RM case. This isn't the first time someone has posted a myriad of RL excuses and lurked, it happens. RM is one of the lower post count players in general so her ISO is even less interesting here. I love the passion, but m 90% sure RM is just a distraction Today. I dont get why you are so personally offended by RM or the townreads on her, but come on,
I have cake and ice cream on this snowstorm wagon.
I strongly recommend you take a step back, consider that people may know what they are talking about about RM, and pursue some other avenues a little. Your tunnel here is not getting anywhere and its making you salty.

I stron
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:40 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2046, AngryPidgeon wrote:I stron
I strongly suspect RM is gonna flip town this game.*
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:02 am

Post by aptil »

Projectmatt looks scum from just the single post on the last page . Wishy-washy reads even after so many pages of content . Most of the players are in an uncertain pile .
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:08 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2048, aptil wrote:Projectmatt looks scum from just the single post on the last page
I could definitely see it. His posts have the air of not trying to make many enemies.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”