Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:55 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2, Yulia Jue wrote:Player Roster:
1 Kagura (borkjerfkin + nachomamma8)
2 The Fox and the Hound (cephrir and DV)
3 Yukari Yakumo
4 orcinus_theoriginal
5 Titan (Tammy + Sir Arthur Dane)
6 Rancid Broderick Drake (zmuffinman and natirasha)
7 MastinSSK (Mastin2, MafiaSSK)
8 Breakfast With Stalin (Hydra of ffery and beli)
9 ElementalHawk (Prohawk+3dicerolling)
10 Carbon Fiber (FourTrouble and F16)
11 Lord Business
12 Just Sheep Us (Broseidon and Desperado)
13 Red Gyarados (Brian Skies and notscience)
14 Cupcake Panda
15 PeregrineV
16 Clyton
17 Mac
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:04 am

Post by Titan »

In post 667, CarbonFiber wrote:I felt DV in Swagtown was more aggressive and on the attack than solidifying townreads so that threw me off for a while. There is less pushing of scumreads here. But I also read one of DV's scumgames very closely and he was quite pushy and opportunistic there but in a different way. I like most of the content they provided and I had a few moments of paranoia but I told FT that I always read Cephrir as scum and his job is to quell my paranoia whenever I present it if he genuinely believed that Fox was town (he does). I even linked him to Red Wine and NY169 just to make absolutely sure he is aware of how good Cephrir's scumgame is and he emphatically answered that he had as massively strong town so I feel pretty good about our slot's read on them overall.
~ F-16

I just looked back at swag town to see what you meant, and he did push on the lobster pretty quickly, but if you look at his entrance post there to his first real post here, I get the same freeish feeling. Again, I'm not an expert and am still learning to read DV but he's a bit more posturey when scum. He's definitely capable of being aggressive and pushy of his scum reads when scum. In gundam he pretty forcefully went after majiffy day one. Also his interactions with me felt a lot less natural, especially in the way he faked a scum read on me and reacted to the scum read I had on him. I'd like to see nachos opinions on the hydra as a whole as he has more experience with them. He typically town reads DV at least at the start but I also know from swag town he is capable of getting past his bias and looking deeper; he's also more familiar with cephrir's play so that will help. HOWEVER, I'm not really seeing a cephrir who is playing for the crowd ala faradays upick. Though I think several of us learned an important lesson that game about how people can use our expectations for them against us when scum, it was something that was driven home to others in vesperia, so I don't think he'd employ the same exact tactics again so soon. Anyway, I feel good about them and I think it's something that will solidify with time.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:06 am

Post by Titan »

Did you seriously just post the player list?
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:17 am

Post by Titan »

In post 671, CarbonFiber wrote:What do you think of ffery's latest posts? I have a townlean but I am not as certain as I was in NY169 partly because I know there are a lot of things she can't fake when scum and was hoping to see if something pops up that'll help me know with certainty.
~ F-16

I'm leaning town on ffery. I'm not really great at reading ffery early, but after vesperia empire and I talked about how to read ffery. I don't think she's that easy to read, but he says she is. Anyway, he said that one of the ways to read ffery is to look at how much thought she's putting into the game. So, if I look at that, she looks town here. Belisaurius us on record for strongly liking scum, but ffery's been taking the initiative a lot here, and I think in scum hydras she tends to be less present, though that certainly wasn't the case for chef mafia I don't think. Now the only thing is that she's playing with people who hydra with her/play with her a lot so she could be subverting expectations but I'm not sure I actually get that feeling here. I was surprised that nacho didn't have her in his early reads though. I did like her questioning of you a few pages back; it looked like she was trying to sort you.
Half troll/Half wall.

Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:31 am

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

In post 681, Titan wrote:Belisaurius us on record for strongly liking scum, but ffery's been taking the initiative a lot here
I'm also on the record (in Time: The Distortion) for trying to subvert that meta in order to prevent it from turning into a trust tell. Plus, I'm pretty confident that Ffery can fake being me any time she wants.

-Beli
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:33 am

Post by Titan »

In post 554, Mac wrote:
In post 544, Titan wrote:here have some contribution for like.. a while

town
Red Gyarados (Brian Skies and notscience)

slight town
Mac
Lord Business
Clyton

Slight scum
Carbon Fiber (FourTrouble and F16) (ill admit though i skipped some of their recent posts... like a lot)
Kagura (borkjerfkin + nachomamma8)
The Fox and the Hound (cephrir and DV)
Cupcake Panda

everyone else is null
I take it this ying yang nonsense is why you have mastin at null - now that they're saying they're their (HOLY MOTHER OF GRAMMAR) own ying yang, does this change?
I know you now know it was two different people, but I wasn't changing or basing my read based on her role. And yin and yang isn't really the right term, just the best I could think of based on the way I interpreted their hints.
Half troll/Half wall.

Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:39 am

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

In post 676, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:Pirate's on strike
Reading some of these posts
Makes me want to slit my wrists
Don't even have the will to finish this rhyme
Something that rhymes with wrists
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by Titan »

VOTE: just sheep us

hey boys.

come out come out and play with me!
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:53 pm

Post by Titan »

I am sooooo happy Pere finally popped in and posted the player list and did absolutely nothing else. I'm also looking forward to the fact that he probably won't do anything all weekend long because it's the weekend! Maybe Monday, he'll repost the player list for us again. I was really wondering how I would know who was playing, so glad he's on top of that!
Half troll/Half wall.

CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:53 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

HAI GUIZ
JUST WANT TO LET Y'ALL KNOW THAT WE'RE STILL ALIVE
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Post by Titan »

Hey cupcake, if you're not going to do anything, the proper procedure is to POST THE PLAYER LIST WHEN YOU POP IN!!!
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:23 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 674, Elementalhawk wrote: Why would you feel the need to bring this up? Also, what is an MD post?

I am extremely lost in this game, and I blame the overabundance of meta-references that I don't understand/have time to go research. I feel like I am playing a game with a gazillion inside jokes.

Someone talk to me.

~Hawk
MD = Mafia Discussion Post.

Is this a serious Prohawk post? Because if so, what do you feel lost about. I mean the majority of the same players who've been playing in the Tales games are here, and I think those have been a good number of the meta references that have been made, though they aren't the only ones. But, I'm not sure where you're feeling lost. If this is an actual dice post then okay, but I'm lost if it's Prohawk.
Half troll/Half wall.

MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:26 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

Random softclaim again 'cause I'm an obsessive compulsive 'crumber:
My role makes me strongly believe we have four scum in the game--no more nor less, and probably no serial killer.
There
could
be a SK in theory, and theoretically I guess there could be five scum. (There's a minor precedence for it.) But I sincerely doubt that, overall.

I really think it's four this game. (Granted, not much of a statement, but it IS backed up by my role.)
In post 618, CarbonFiber wrote:I've been thinking about this game more and although I lean towards Mastin being scum more than town, I am not as certain as I was last night mostly because people who can actually read her and those who are obviously town seem to hold very strong opinions about her which makes me wonder if I am wrong.
You know...

...For someone accusing me of slowly backing out of a read after realizing it wouldn't pan out...

...This looks an awful lot like backing out of a read after realizing it wouldn't pan out. :shifty:
Rancid, I can see why certain things may not make her scum but what's the big picture? Can you elaborate on why she is so obviously town? One thing I noticed you picked up on in Too Many Heads was that Mastin can't replicate "whimsy" as scum. Is she whimsy here? Or has she done anything else that she can't replicate so far?
This in particular looked bad to me.

Side-note, but an additional point of maybe-hypocrisy: F-16 accused me of townreading basically every stronger player and trying to mislynch the weaker players. Almost all of his posting seems to be doing the thing he's accused me of.
In post 628, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:I think FoxHound be scummy,
Mostly for their tone,
Their content comes across flat to me,
It feels like a dull drone

It feels different from what,
Ceph was like in that large game,
But I don't know if his alignment,
Is why it doesn't feel the same

DV I dunno,
I haven't seen enough,
From what I've seen though,
I'm meh on his stuff
Basically this.

Also, on Cephrir.
DO.
NOT.
REFERENCE.
PREVIOUS.
GAMES.

Cephrir specifically tailors his play to the playerlist. When going up against players who know his scum meta, he can and has
perfectly
fooled them. The contemporary Maniacal Street Mafia and 165 games, as Bulbazak described, helped illustrate that skill. He'll be whatever he needs to be to make people townread him, and townread him they will. I believe he got a Don Corelone nomination, and if not, was on the level he could have gotten one. Basically, though...you've played with him? He's played with you, knows he played with you, and will have adapted to having played with you.

I don't read Cephrir off of meta. He's one of the only players who I will read purely. 100%. On just their play in the game.
...And on that note, he's still a scumread, albeit a minor one.
In post 637, The Fox and the Hound wrote:
In post 549, MastinSSK wrote:(Another helpful hint, you can differentiate legitimate wagons on me from not-right-and-maybe-scumdriven-wagons on me by that factor. There's actually solid reasoning that you just "get" for me being scum? I'm scum. You don't understand the wagon? That's because I'm actually town.)
Half the time, you're aware of how arrogant you are. The other half, you're so arrogant I want to smack you upside the head. This is one of the latter moments.
I strongly suspect the behavior you mention is because of my mental health issues, but eh, I'm slowly dealing with those. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...the post you're quoting? Isn't one of those moments. No arrogance. Just truth. You either understand me or don't. Players who understand me (of which there are less than a handful--AP and Muffin being the only two I can think of off the top of my head) just
get
me. Players who don't, well, don't.

But it also applies to the bit about the difference between legitimate and not-legitimate wagons on me. A wagon on a scum-me makes sense. It's something I have trouble fighting off, because it's true and I can't really defend; the best I can do is deflect. The wagon is solid, with solid town players, and it's a miracle each time that I skate by. A wagon on a town-me doesn't make nearly as much sense. It just appears, and is there. It's something that I easily could fight off, but choose not to, in part because of that mindset--it's not true, so I really don't bother putting in the effort to defend myself.
Objectively, I think their posts are scummy.
Like hell they are. Okay, perhaps this bit is arrogance. But while it's true that people knowing me know I'm town, in spite of whatever they see that might objectively say otherwise, I don't really think that the latter half of that statement is even true; I don't think they're scummy-on-surface. I could be a random alt posting the same things, a stranger, and I'd still be townreading me.
They never give reasons for their suspicions, and when they do the reasons are explained really poorly, which is odd for someone who manages to post so many words.
Again, both heads know me and should know better.
Excuse me, I'll have to go check my magic 8-ball, since apparently you are impossible to read without the aid of magic.
This is actually a very, VERY accurate description. (It's also true of how I scumhunt, as I told ETL in our Faith Healer game.) Offense, defense, whatev. It's just...
there
Do you really? Really really really REALLY really?
Mostly?
I just wish I could tell whether or not that's because you're making shit up.
Even as scum, I never do. Like, as scum, I can create any narrative I choose. Most of the time, I don't out of laziness; it takes a lot of effort to maintain realistic nonsense. So instead of making things up, I simply choose to post the truth, which is often the most effective weapon anyway. Sure, yeah, truth exaggerated to suit my needs, but truth all the same.

/26.

Running out of time, so other two pages will come whenever I return.
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

In post 688, Titan wrote:Hey cupcake, if you're not going to do anything, the proper procedure is to POST THE PLAYER LIST WHEN YOU POP IN!!!
KAY

Player Roster:
1 Kagura (borkjerfkin + nachomamma8) - SCUM
2 The Fox and the Hound (cephrir and DV) - SCUM
3 Yukari Yakumo - SCUM
4 orcinus_theoriginal - SCUM
5 Titan (Tammy + Sir Arthur Dane) - NICE
6 Rancid Broderick Drake (zmuffinman and natirasha) - SCUM
7 MastinSSK (Mastin2, MafiaSSK) - SCUM
8 Breakfast With Stalin (Hydra of ffery and beli) - SCUM
9 ElementalHawk (Prohawk+3dicerolling) - SCUM
10 Carbon Fiber (FourTrouble and F16) - SCUM
11 Lord Business - SCUM
12 Just Sheep Us (Broseidon and Desperado) - SCUM
13 Red Gyarados (Brian Skies and notscience) - SCUM
14 Cupcake Panda - CUPCAKE
15 PeregrineV - SCUM
16 Clyton - SCUM
17 Mac - SCUM

AMIDOIN DIS RITE?
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by Titan »

I give it a 7/10. It's more effective if you just quote the first post. I mean removing the quote tags from the first post denotes some type of actual effort, which I think runs counter to the whole point.
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:34 pm

Post by Titan »

Oh and gosh I'm sorry. It's the third post, not the first. Egregious error on my part!
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:36 pm

Post by Titan »

Oh wait. I just noticed that you added to it.

In that case. I give it a 10/10 because you listed me as nice! And the only person not listed as nice is cupcake listed as cupcake. I like cupcakes. I had a cupcake the other day; though tonight I ate a cookie for dinner, so!
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by Titan »

*only person not listed as scum. That cookie went to my head.
Half troll/Half wall.

orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

so are we doing a no-meta game
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:40 pm

Post by Titan »

on the contrary, we're doing a 100% self-meta game.

Explain why you are the alignment you are in the next post!
Half troll/Half wall.

orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:41 pm

VOTE: titus
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:44 pm

you didn't leave, did you?
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:44 pm

Post by Titan »

VOTE: orcini ta origan
Half troll/Half wall.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”