Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:09 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 282, BirdAndBeast wrote:Venmar's town.
I have no idea how to read this guy, please explain.
In post 280, BirdAndBeast wrote:InfiniteJesters is hilariously town.
Maybe. I've seen this newfound energy in Mollie that I just don't think would be there if she were to roll scum.
In post 282, BirdAndBeast wrote:I think Brian Skies is wrong, but town.
I think I'm in the wrong too. But I just keep on chugging anyways.
In post 284, BirdAndBeast wrote:Strongly town.
I'm not feeling this one, Mastin. Sure he sheeped your scum-read, but that's all he's managed to do thus far.
In post 284, BirdAndBeast wrote:Bluntly. The only. ONLY thing. That's got me concerned?
The thing that's got me concerned is that I want half the people in our shift to die but they can't all be scum. I don't know where this bloodlust came from.
In post 285, BirdAndBeast wrote:Because while the words he says are good words, he's not exactly following them himself and what direction he DOES point them to looks highly, well...bad?
Seeing this in juxtaposition with the above quote makes me laugh so damn hard and I'm willing to listen to the voice of reason.

So AP, I'm all ears.
In post 285, BirdAndBeast wrote:Seriously, this guy's hilariously town.
He's irritating though.
In post 287, BirdAndBeast wrote:ika
^Obvtown.
Yeah, I'm gonna need an explanation here if you're putting him as obvtown.
In post 287, BirdAndBeast wrote:Serene2
^Waffle. Waffles are delicious.
And I'm reading this one as town.
In post 288, BirdAndBeast wrote:hiplop
^Same.
Will be viewed as lynchbait regardless of alignment.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:50 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 292, BirdAndBeast wrote:Sure, later. But it's really, really obvious. The tone. The mindset. The content that is there. The overall approach to the game. Relaxed, natural, and sharp. Like, posting looks like it doesn't have much, but there's good insight in there, good comments, good content. The noise outweighs the signal, but the signal that IS there is good, solid content.
Annnnnndddd now I'm back to waffling on you. Sounds to similar to your read on Sven from Anything Goes.

But, I can see why you would townread him, so I'll let this slide for now.
In post 293, Serene2 wrote:mastin, just can it, you already know how much I hate when people go on and on about how obvtown they are

the more you say it, the less i trust you
Yeahhhh, still thinking Kuribo is town.
In post 294, ika wrote:also i was the one who claimed vt so you can add that into your list.
Are you taking a page out of my playbook now?
In post 299, Venmar wrote:but I think Serene's practically blind whiteknight of AGar is a bit irrational and/or wrong
This is actually what makes me think he's town, though.
In post 304, ika wrote:i also suggest everyone to leave question for shift 2 so they have something to discuss
Bro: Please make a nice and tidy reads list that's easy to follow.

No one else in that shift is important. End.
In post 308, Serene2 wrote:there's a fucking reason you were the MVP of the scumteam
He was extremely town that game and you know it. Not to mention him pegging the entire scum-team before the town mislynched him.
In post 320, MrZepher wrote:Do you see why I haven't moved my vote yet?
Is any of this making sense?

I have no problem with people being fuckos to seem like cheeky town. I understand the psychology behind it.
I don't think it's the case with jordan. He's fluffing to remind people that he's around, but not posting enough content to be noticed by the magnifying glass. I'm not okay with that.
I completely agree with you. And I assure you that I have not been ignoring him.
In post 325, Serene2 wrote:How does that work, exactly?
Self-motivation?
In post 331, MrZepher wrote:Okay since I'm obviously missing something with the AGar wagon would somebody kindly sum it up for me?
In a nutshell, Mollie explained it on like page two or three. He's posting to look pro-town, but his posting isn't.
In post 334, ika wrote:random thoughts of game and things
I'm really not understanding the point of this post considering you called Sven out for doing the same thing.

*I'm going to read ~Jordan's case during the night phase. I'm sure it's full of splendor and beauty and obvtowniness.
In post 350, ~Jordan` wrote:Never really had to deal with this combination of personality traits before.
I know! Isn't it awesome?! I love all three heads in that hydra! (There is zero sarcasm in this statement, I am dead serious)

*Kuribo v Jordan banter: :roll:
In post 377, BirdAndBeast wrote:Serene is town though and the case on them does suck.
When the hell did you reach this conclusion?
In post 389, ika wrote:Shift 2 vote jordan so we can clear things up.

Im betting serene is scum regardless, jordan i could see being town but i rather clear it up then having this "well he could be scum" stupidity thing going on
I want to see you hang so fucking bad.
In post 393, ika wrote:you will see me do street racer play later
What do you mean later? You already took the VT claim I rode to the endgame in that one (granted I was actually a VT, but my point still stands).
In post 397, Zdenek wrote:Brian Skyes looks legit to me. He's made comments about IJ and Sven that jive with my own thoughts.
Yeah, this feels like a waffling game to me. So I don't know how much stock you want to put into this.
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by The Critic »

It is now a Night Shift.
  1. Aronis
  2. BROseidon
  3. Bry-fit
  4. FourteenPointFive
  5. hiplop
  6. iamausername
  7. Logical Duality
  8. PeregrineV
  9. The Goat
  10. xRECKONERx
  11. zoraster

Episode 1, Shift A.2 (Night), VC 1~Jordan' (4) - AGar, MrZepher, Brian Skies, Serene2
AGar (3) - Bird and Beast, Infinite Jesters, Venmar
Serene2 (3) - ~Jordan`, ika, Svenskt Stål
Bird and Beast (1) - Zdenek

Not Voting (14): Aronis, xRECKONERx, The Goat,Logical Duality, BROSeidon, hiplop, iamausername, PeregrineV, FourteenPointFive, zoraster, Dry-fit
With 22 alive, it is 12 to lynch.

The Shift will switch in (expired on 2014-04-06 23:00:00).
The Episode will end in (expired on 2014-04-18 23:00:00).

Pirate Mollie is V/LA until 4/7.
Last edited by The Critic on Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:37 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Hey I've been skimming but haven't read things in detail. Gonna start reading through now.

All else being equal I'd like to lynch someone from Night shift because we have an IC so the lynch pool is smaller, and presumable will have the same amount of scum. So

Vote: FourteenPointFive
until I see something better.

I'm gonna try to alter my playstyle for this game to not be so lurktastic, so we'll see how that goes.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
FourteenPointFive
FourteenPointFive
Goon
FourteenPointFive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:45 pm

Post by FourteenPointFive »

Well hey guys.

So anyway, there are some things I like from the day shift...but there were mostly things I hate instead. I hate that around the #150 mark, BnB had 70 posts. (BnB hate shall be a theme). I didn't like Infinite Jesters and Sven early in the day, but the scumhate on those slots cooled off a bit. Jordan is another player who I didn't like in the day shift. On the flipside Zednek and Agar were players that I loved. Everyone else falls invisible or in the middle. Cheery and I want to talk about the players we disliked the most and why.

BnB really tops that list. There are 400 posts and that they have 100 of them is unacceptable. If you cut out 70 posts they'd look like a better slot (but not really). BnB spent way too much time jumping up and down going "hey guyz look how town we are! We are so town! Oh by the way we have a town role PM in our inbox! Have I mentioned that we are town lately?" It was really over the top and counterproductive. I'm not against players calling themselves obvious town, players do it, but it's just so over the top it's anti-town at best and scum-motivated at worst. Almost every post is about telling everyone that they are town rather than just being town, and that's the difference. Some players bought into the shtick so obviously it worked. We discussed how early on their posts fucked things up for other players. Ika drew early heat for his one post in the middle of the BnBshitposting because he promised content at a later time. Cheery didn't like it, and I countered that because of the volume shitposting that was going on it nullified anything that one post could have said about ika's alignment. The most recent posts that draw my ire, is BnB trying to butter up Zednek (in #394 specifically) going, "oh Zed I think you're an excellent player, and I can read you, trust us baby we're town" you know, that sort of thing. Overall we feel BnB's entire performance was NOT about finding scum, sorting players, or anything like that, but their performance was about trying to somehow "prove" they are town. It's scummy as fuck. We'd like to see this slot eat rope.

Vote: BirdandBeast

Jordan is another player we don't like. I mentioned above how Ika's one post was drowned out by the volume posting was going on...Jordan was like the opposite. He participated in thread, he accumulated a fair amount of posts, but a majority of those posts were to push off any sort of participation, or content, or anything for a later time. Some people may refer to it as "fluff" posting. I think it's an intentional scum tactic by Jordan. Push off posting content for the first shift, and then when the 11 of us who play at night start posting, he could get completely lost from the conversation. There was NOTHING to his posts. I feel like it was an intentional strategy to just "get through the day phase", rather than make use of it.

Those are the two players we're really high on being scum and lynching from that pool. A few other players have our attention, but none that we're ready to commit to being scum yet. Plus we still have our own shift (yay!). On that note I (Bone) will be absent for most of this shift, so these are mostly my thoughts, but Cheery and I are on the same page as to what I wrote here.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:11 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm not gonna read anything posted a1 or whatever
green shirt thursdays
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:31 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Ok I read through. I agree with the AGar suspicion. He looks like a player just trying really hard to say pro-town things.

My main suspect from day shift though is MrZepher
MrZepher wrote: I'm not inclined to think BandB is scum at this point in time, but I wouldn't be against lynching them just to remove them from the game if they're going to spam the whole time.
This isn't the time and place for that. Use your hydra QT to organize thoughts pls. I have a hard enough time deciphering what's bullshit and what isn't as it is.
Don't like saying he's support a BandB lynch for alignment-independent reasons. Also don't like this:
MrZepher wrote:Right now I'm not sure if I'd rather see Serene2 or InfiiniteJesters flip. I'll be back in a moment with an answer to that.
Not committing to next post being a vote.
I never loke it when players advocate information lynches, which this is seeming to imply, but to do so at that point in the game was ridiculous. The lynches MrZepher has pushed have disturbingly little to do with whether he actually suspects them. It's basically the same thing with the Jordan vote later. He voted Jordan for not giving his read and nothing else.
Unvote. Vote: MrZepher.

Sven seemed town from his posts on the first couple pages. Also don't think it's likely to have a scum lover in a white flag game but who knows.
BirdAndBeast wrote:3) Goat probably townslipped by posting because if he were scum, hed be more aware of the gamestate due to having daytalk in his QT
That could be the case but then he was posting for quite a while before it was pointed out. I'm not sure anyone was paying much attention.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:32 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 405, xRECKONERx wrote:I'm not gonna read anything posted a1 or whatever
Wonderful. :roll:

VOTE: Logical Duality

Titus, Who is your other head?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:01 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

YO

HIPLOP

SUP BOYO
green shirt thursdays
FourteenPointFive
FourteenPointFive
Goon
FourteenPointFive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:53 am

Post by FourteenPointFive »

In post 403, Dry-fit wrote:All else being equal I'd like to lynch someone from Night shift because we have an IC so the lynch pool is smaller, and presumable will have the same amount of scum.
I believe this is likely a good idea.
However i'm not sure we can assume an equal amount of scum as far as I see, it's random, and we know at least one scum is in here.

But then if we're all inactive like the first 12 hours of our shift has been, it should be a good idea anyway.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:05 am

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 409, FourteenPointFive wrote:However i'm not sure we can assume an equal amount of scum as far as I see, it's random, and we know at least one scum is in here.
Right but as far as we know this shift is just likely as day to have more scum if the day is uneven. So as far as we know lynching in night shift has better odds of hitting scum.

Also I forgot to mention ika's vt claim. I'm a sucker or unprovoked claims. Reading him as town now.

C'mon Andy!
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:03 am

Post by The Goat »

So THIS is when I'm supposed to post.

Got it.

vote BirdAndBeast.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:11 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 408, xRECKONERx wrote:YO

HIPLOP

SUP BOYO
'YA KNOW, JUST CHILLING.

YOU SCUM BRAH?

From day one, jordan appears to be town. appears to be a borderline RVS wagon that was jumped on heavily.

LOLGOAT ;)

@reck (or anyone else, I suppose) do you know how to read mastin? I remember him vaguely (he posts big scary walls as town) but not well enough to meta or anything, but dude is sticking out like a sore thumb in this game. Continuously posting seemingly trying to be like "LOOK HOW CRAZY OF A TOWNIE I AM".

hmm, Im not sure I understand the MrZephewr vote, to me hed be the most protown player yesterday? I'd be much more inclined to vote BnB

I do agree we should (during this shift at least, because this one appears to be entirely random) vote for people in our own shift.
third best scummer of all time
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:12 am

Post by hiplop »

so like, do we have our own RVS in here? this setup is trippy lol
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:13 am

Post by hiplop »

well, actually I think i disagree with myself. There is 16 pages of information on the other people, 0 on us.

I propose we all say who is most likely to be scum in the last pool, and why. Then we as a shift can look at eachother more clearly. This will ideally give town the most information, I think? Very similar idea to why no lynches are usually bad
Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:20 am

Post by Logical Duality »

Aronis, why are you assuming that one of my heads is Titus? We haven't posted, so such a conclusion is baseless and would totally defeatthe point of an anonymous hydra.

I admit I am behind but we SHOULD be lynching someone the dayshift has voted. This generates relationship tells across the shiftsand prevents the mafia from scrambling the shifts to screw with us.

I have not read the day yet, but I really like Fourteen's post, assuming everything therein is true. Self-vouching on Day 1 is terrible unless under massive pressure.

Then there's ika's alleged promise to post content. Why is ika's different from Jordan?

VOTE: BirdandBeast
"Each man kills the thing he loves."
-Anthony Burgess

It scowls at you, so you paint a smile from it's eye and display it. You know you have.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:27 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 408, xRECKONERx wrote:YO

HIPLOP

SUP BOYO
anyone have previous experience with jordan? honestly he seems weird, almost like a troll? Unfortunately trolls can sometimes be town ~_~
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:27 am

Post by zoraster »

oh can I finally post? The question I guess this brings up: do I really think each and every shift I'm going to reread 15 pages worth of content like I'm constantly replacing into the game? No, I barely even do that when I replace into games for real.

I am confused though. Why is BnB getting attention for... posting a lot? Is that really the game we're playing today?

Anyway, here's a good vote:

VOTE: Logical Duality

Last post is scummy, plus anonymous heads.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:31 am

Post by hiplop »

EBWOP: idk why that quote is there.

the weird thing about logical's post is like hes blatantly sheeping a wagon he has no idea about.
Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:37 am

Zoraster, posting too much with no content makes it to where people don't care to read the game which is bad. Screaming I'm town in half of them makes it worse.

Also, what is scummy about wanting alignment links between shifts? Why is that allegedly scummy for us and not hiplop?

This looks like a reall opportnistic vote. Vague doubtcasting, leaving out reasons and skipping other players.

Hiplop, I have an idea about the wagon. It is not like BnB will get lynched by the time I finish reading. I jighly suspect that my read will match what 14 said due to the effort in his wall. I can move the vote if wrong or m other head objects.
-Anthony Burgess

It scowls at you, so you paint a smile from it's eye and display it. You know you have.
Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:45 am

In post 50, Infinite Jesters wrote:baaaahh

VOTE: agar
If BnB is scum and Agar is town, this is textbook chainsaw. Bonus if Jordan is scum

Agar is totally townposting to this point. His post on how to handle things is spot on and lmost predicted BnB's behavio.
-Anthony Burgess

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:53 am

Post by zoraster »

Part of the way mafia works is because people are at risk of being lynched every time they speak. For example, I made a post and you responded that it was "opportnistic" and "vague doubtcasting" etc. That in turn allows me to better read your alignment -- would you have really said that if you were town, etc. -- and I respond.

But what you do when you say, "oh, we must lynch from Shift 1" is (a) remove yourself [that kind of self-preservation is more scum than town] and (b) rob us of actual analysis of each other. You say we can get associative tells only voting for Shift 1, but I don't see why we can't have that playing more organically. These opening day in particular it seems to me to make far more sense to have a starting point within our own shift and only move over when we see something we don't like in particular.

Explain to me why "alignment links" between shifts are more valuable than within shifts? Particularly with the knowledge that our shifts are likely going to change at some point. I'm not saying we can't talk about what's going on in the other shift or even vote for those in the other shift (eventually obviously one shift will have to vote for those in another). But I have literally no idea why we'd mandate attacking people who couldn't even theoretically defend until 48 hours later.

Your approach seems motivated by a desire not to be considered as one of the lynch targets. My reaction to that is to make you one of the lynch targets.

---
By the way, I absolutely agree that posting too much content is "bad" but bad isn't scummy, and with a few notable exceptions, I'd rather lynch scummy than bad.
Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:01 am

Zoraster, self-preservation as a side effect is more scummy. If I was dayshift, I would limit to major wagons or nightshift the following dayshift. You can absolutely push me as scum. Yet, your angle seems to come from preventing analysis of the dayshift entirely.

Using my approach, the dayshift could push a train on us. I doubt the game is ending in four days.

Do you feel Jordan and Beast are scum? Why or Why not?

Oh I am caught up now.
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:02 am

Urgh..self preservation as a side effect is not more scummy.
-Anthony Burgess

The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:05 am

Post by The Critic »

Note that there has been a slight change to the rules. The rule previously read:
There will always be a Town majority in each Shift, at the beginning of each Shift.
It now reads:
There will never be a Town minority in each Shift, at the beginning of each Shift.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”