Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2950 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:41 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

I basically don't have time to do anything right now because the snow melted and it's fucking gorgeous outside, but I'm in a fantastic mood and feel like complimenting people so wanted to say that this is probably the most fun game that I've played in a while. Mina, I feel guilty every time every time I attack you and you respond with the whiny pity part stuff even though I know you could definitely pull it off as scum, and I've been reading your posts pretty much obsessively lately and you hit some genuine notes really really hard at times, especially lately. I hate that I'm reading you on the thing I said I wouldn't read on you, but I basically can't help it at this point.

I love the Fenchurch-CES combo lately, I think she makes CES a lot more driven and transparent which is honestly kind of fun to watch. I get your point re: him being different, but it doesn't seem manipulative, just more focused. His contributions in the neighborhood in particular felt like more than he usually gives ever, and I have no idea why he would be so invested in convincing me to lynch Medea as scum when really he could just take our lost hands and push us in a much more mislynchable direction, and I don't think CES would give a shit about me enough to build his game around me as scum if we're being honest and open and transparent.

I'm frustrated that no one really sees what Falcon and I see re: penguin, though. She's not really the strong aggressive type to change direction: even if she did think BRO was an SK, I don't think they would go so hard after mislynching him, I think they'd just roleblock him.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2951 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:43 am

Post by Tammy »

Vote Count 4.6

notscience (1) - Medea the Alien

Not Voting (6):
Ampersand, Ghatokaca, malakittens, Mina, notscience, ToastyToast

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline is on Thursday, April 10th at 8:47pm CST or : (expired on 2014-04-10 21:46:28)
Last edited by Tammy on Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2952 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:44 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

I'm also high as hell right now and can't control the compliment filter when I'm high, so I will take this time to say that I really really enjoy hydraing with you, F-16. It reminds me when I first started hydraing with mastin like 4 years ago, and we had this same drive to completely pick the game apart and leave no stone unturned: I think people who are thorough work really really well with me because seeing them turn out the production makes me want to turn out the production and it's a glorious, glorious scumhuntapalooza that no one reads but guarantees I will never forget the game.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2953 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:47 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

Notscience, why aren't you have as much fun solving the game as I am at this moment? Right now, this feels like a game that's Xenoblade intense as far as townies stepping their game all the way up and scum keeping pace pretty well, and usually what makes you inactive as town is shit being boring or playerlist being lame, but none of those factors apply and you're just sort of floating at the bottom not doing anything and I really really want to lynch you for it, despite my love of you. Your response where you were like "you're not doing anything to lynch me" was also pretty lame and not like the 1v1 notscience I know and love.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2954 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:47 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

it's so fucking beautiful outside
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2955 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:47 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

and i'm in such a great mood that i could (almost) compliment tammy
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2956 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:49 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

awww, fuck it
tammy, you're great
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2957 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:57 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

Vote: notscience

I knew I was forgetting something! I also would like to brag at T-Bonescum since I owned the shit out of him twice in a row now and am pretty proud of the fact!
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2958 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:59 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

Last game he tried to get me lynched with a fake cop guilty (nope, you get lynched first because TOWN GAME TOO STRONG)
This game I nailed the living fuck out of him
i really hope you're reading this because you must be so incredibly salty right now
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2959 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:59 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

i also really need to talk shit more
i know it makes me obnoxious, but it's so much fun
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2960 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

ARGH THIS WEATHER IS SO GOOD
i'm so happy!

-prod dodge over, nacho out
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2961 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:02 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

man i'm weird
you guys love it, though
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2962 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by Medea the Alien »

...you're totally validating my new resolution to put myself on V/LA when I know I'm going to be loopy. Not that I'm not enjoying this. And yes, the weather is wonderful. Grilling steaks weather again, finally.

Yeah, if notscience were town I'd expect him to try to avoid being the last permissible mislynch in the game.

Ampersand, to be perfectly frank, I kind of want to table the roleblocker question since I'm pretty sure we have scum here in notscience.

Considering your point on Mala, since ns-scum clearly means Mala-scum. And if so, her scum flip would presumably mean that we could work more productively overnight.

--PA
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2963 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

I know I'm loopy as hell but I'm driving on the highway with my windows down because I'm living life to the FULLEST. You should allow yourself to be a loopier in thread though: there's no need to censor yourself and be all restrained and proper and normal.

I want steak.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2964 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

I think Amper is town and buy their claim. It makes sense and is reasonable. Still need to re-sync with Nacho about other players.

Regarding Mina's post, I don't think your play here is "bad" if you are town. I read some select parts of Anything Goes: You got someone that claimed a cop-guilty on you lynched that day (BBMolla), and you also pushed a wagon on TAM D1 while waffling a lot and pointing to your screenname when anyone accuses you of waffling. But then you were scum and "led" a lynch so to speak. But a put it in quotes because you didn't push as hard. You just RVS voted him and pushed subtly while others added their votes. I also think you had down as an easy target and pre-planned everything. The next day, you didn't have much choice in pushing BBMolla's lynch since he claimed a guilty on you although he was your traitor. In general, I'd expect the target of the investigation to get lynched first as opposed to the "cop" regardless of affiliation but it threw me off how and why you managed to get your accuser lynched. To be fair, Molla's claim wasn't solid and it was unbelievable that he had a guaranteed guilty on a player so I have no idea why he wouldn't just say "Investigated Mine N1: Guilty" which would have been a lot more believable.

Anyways, point is Mina was scum and opportunistically pushing lynches and that was different from her play here in that she was directionless but she had a direction there. Penguin, can you give me some comments about your read on Mina in Anything Goes and how it is influencing your read here. I haven't read the entire game and I am still trying to make sense of it. I'll probably make a more coherent post later.

~ F-16
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2965 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:53 pm

Nacho, if we had an extra rib-eye I'd say hop on the Edens. Another time...

F-16, said steaks are hitting the table momentarily, but I'll say that the way BBMolla claimed the cop made the hydra look really bad and gave away the game about the usurper pretty quickly. I don't think Mina was on our radar before that, and Mala didn't want to believe it.

I think AG is mostly relevant in that I know Mina can fake emotion well enough to have fooled Mala. Although that emotion was more anger than frustration, if that makes sense.

More later.

--PA
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2966 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:16 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

Okay, that makes some sense. I am going to try and put it in context though.

Mina, did you make this post?

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2967 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:23 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

This post though is Mina acknowledging that Katsuki has a surprisingly good track record of catching her as scum. Katsuki said here that Mina was scum. Mina was scum with Anything Goes so she could be lying but I doubt she'd lie about something like this. That makes me wonder if it is Mina after all.

~ F-16
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2968 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by Mina »

I did.

Also, I probably shouldn't be giving you more ammunition, but I didn't actually have much of a plan D1 at all (I don't think most people plan their mislynches in advance)--I was thrown off by the flow of the game, early heat on Mastinsuki, and bickering in the scum QT. And also, with players like kuribo and DGB who don't know I'm acting horrendously out of character and react badly to dissent, it's safer just to go with the flow than outscream them. I just left my RVS vote on TAM because I fell behind, and then when I caught up, he looked scummy in that juicy, easy-target, lynchable way that made it easy for me to justify my vote being there. (Town!Me probably would have attacked harder targets, though, and had some "Aaaaaaaaaah, this one post of his has a genuine tone, so I don't knoooooow about TAM! *unvote*" moments--vote-parking is probably a scumtell for me, but shh, don't tell anyone!)

Ooh, Ghatokaca's posts on this page have looked really town. I can't be more derisive of the notscience vote when I can't suggest an alternative who doesn't ALSO look town (he doesn't strike me as someone who'd be significantly more active than this as town), but I will say I had a bad gut reaction to penguin's post expressing her super-confidence that notscience would flip scum.
I know I'm loopy as hell but I'm driving on the highway with my windows down because I'm living life to the FULLEST.
Uh...I hope this is a metaphor, and you're not actually driving while high and posting in a Mafia game. 0_0
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2969 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:45 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

@ Mina, what would you do if there aren't easy lynchable targets in a game? For instance, this game. Hypothetically, if you were scum, who would you have pushed?
~ F-16
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2970 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:57 pm

Mina. Explain to me how town-notscience comes to the conclusion that the neighborhood has day talk. And when challenged on it, shows no concern that he might eat up the only available mislynch before LyLo (since even a successful protection from Ampersand only gets us to MyLo if we mislynch today) and doesn't even try to defend himself. Caught scum is caught and doing damage control.

Looking at the linked post from F-16, I remember that it was Tammy who Mala didn't think could fake that emotion. Also, at that point, Waffles was pretty much conf-scum, so I'd take any interactions with fellow scum Katsuki with a grain of salt.

--PA
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2971 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:23 pm

Post by Mina »

The "I did" was in response to 2965.

Check out my interactions with Katsuki on D2. The two most recent times I've played with Katsuki before Anything Goes were in My Little Pony and in Final Fantasy 6. Both times, I was scum, and he was CONVINCED I was guilty. He also insisted in the QuickTopic that I was obvious scum in Anything Goes and he'd have to bus me if I interacted with him. He's told me he doesn't read my walls, but just skims them for a gut feel and gets it right (which was why I was trying to get him to do it this game).

Then he claimed he'd read my ISO before replacing in. Frankly, I could see Katsuki lying about it to get me lynched, because he only mentioned this after I kept begging him to
read my fucking ISO
to prove he actually had the magical Mina-reading ability he'd claimed to have--before, he'd claimed to have read nothing. But that's why I said this. Unfortunately, this is meaningless until after my flip, but he's handed me some powerful ammunition the next time he tries to get me lynched. :twisted: Because this game has proven that he just calls me scum every single game. (Also, that he's delusional, because he thinks I'd have more trouble mislynching him as scum than vice versa. Ha!)

It's hard to say what I'd do here as scum--depends on a lot of things. Admittedly, I could see myself stalling giving out reads and trying to be all thoughtful and waffly and stanceless--although I think my indecision would feel less desperate--because I've said stuff like, "Everyone looks so TOWN!" before as scum. But I think I'd be biased toward painting any behaviour I can as scummy, because I'd be looking for stuff to spin badly--for example, I didn't have to point out certain towntells from notscience or Malakittens or Medea, so I could definitely sell pushing/voting any of them. Or I could do what I did with AFB (and what you thought I was doing with you here) and start slowly setting up paranoia if I saw other people were leaning that way.

One thing I can categorically state I DEFINITELY wouldn't do as scum is the ridiculous yo-yo-ing back and forth on Ampersand. Setting up a vote on them because I need them lynched, maybe, but not with this degree of OTT-ness and swinging between such polar extremes. 1) It takes a ridiculous amount of confidence that I don't think I have as scum to scream bloody murder at someone I'd called town town town town town town town town etc. ten minutes ago, 2) if I have said confidence, then I wouldn't ruin it by then proceeding to call them town town town town town town town town immediately afterwards, and 3) who can FAKE this kind of madness? Opinion changes are hard to pull off naturally as scum.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2972 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:25 pm

Post by Mina »

In post 2970, Medea the Alien wrote:Mina. Explain to me how town-notscience comes to the conclusion that the neighborhood has day talk. And when challenged on it, shows no concern that he might eat up the only available mislynch before LyLo (since even a successful protection from Ampersand only gets us to MyLo if we mislynch today) and doesn't even try to defend himself. Caught scum is caught and doing damage control.

Looking at the linked post from F-16, I remember that it was Tammy who Mala didn't think could fake that emotion. Also, at that point, Waffles was pretty much conf-scum, so I'd take any interactions with fellow scum Katsuki with a grain of salt.

--PA
It seems like it can just as easily be a town slip as a scum slip, and maybe I feel like not enough time has elapsed to draw the conclusion that he's given up? You didn't come to that conclusion until Nacho did. I'd love to believe it is one, but I really don't think it's that easy.
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2973 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:41 pm

In post 2972, Mina wrote:
In post 2970, Medea the Alien wrote:Mina. Explain to me how town-notscience comes to the conclusion that the neighborhood has day talk. And when challenged on it, shows no concern that he might eat up the only available mislynch before LyLo (since even a successful protection from Ampersand only gets us to MyLo if we mislynch today) and doesn't even try to defend himself. Caught scum is caught and doing damage control.

--PA
It seems like it can just as easily be a town slip as a scum slip, and maybe I feel like not enough time has elapsed to draw the conclusion that he's given up? You didn't come to that conclusion until Nacho did. I'd love to believe it is one, but I really don't think it's that easy.
...what conclusion? If you mean noticing that ns didn't attempt to defend against the case, that's an observation, not a conclusion, and one that I've been buggin Cabd about for a bit now. Anyways, doesn't invalidate it. And how is it a town slip? Actually, no, let's not feed ns ideas. And why do you think town-ns doesn't react immediately?

--PA
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2974 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by Mina »

The conclusion that he's given up in the face of his lynch--I mean, he
did
respond to the accusations with a couple of fair points. I don't have enough ns experience to say this is wildly in or out of character for him. Maybe he's been quiet for two days, but no one else was pushing the "slip" all that hard aside from you until now. And you didn't decide he'd given up until Nacho said it.

I also feel like this wagon is opportunistic as hell. Oh, look. There's at least one scum in this group of three players...but this player all the NK victims thought was town actually just SCUMSLIPPED (by getting the mechanic of a neighbourhood he has no access to wrong), so let's all instavote him! Aspects of his play look really town, and I'd pull out all my white-knighting stops if I wasn't so confused by this game.

It's more suspicious that you immediately assumed him getting the neighbourhood mechanic wrong means he knows scum have daytalk, frankly.

If it's actually a Malakittens-notscience scumteam, I'll eat something unpleasant after this game. (Even leaving aside notscience's steadfast clearing of Malakittens.) It's not this easy, guys.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”