Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:16 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 524, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 520, Antihero wrote:khan, your vote's been stationary for about 20 pages now. what's the deal with that? are you usually a wagon-shy player?
Well, it depends. Every game is different. But generally I like to keep my vote on whoever I have the strongest scumread. And this game it's been GreyICE.

Plus the fact that he responded by counter-voting me and leaving it there for almost as long killed my incentive to move it.
sooo... post 522 doesn't do anything for you?

an obvious pattern emerges when you look at the town and scum reads. all the town reads are pretty universal (even burn, who i think gets more town reads than he should). aside from turkish van (the omgus case), all the scumreads are popular targets.

zombie man's analysis
really
reads genuine to you, khan?

Vote Count 1.21

mnemonicdevice (6) - GreyICE, Turkish Van, jbomber732, Antihero, Lords of the Unreal, beastcharizard
Bicephalous Bob (5) - PeregrineV, Twisted Advice, MafiaSSK, mnemonicdevice, Katarina LeBlanc
jbomber732 (1) - burn_209
beastcharizard (1) - Hopkirk
Hopkirk (1) - MonkeyMan576
GreyICE (1) - Kublai Khan
PeregrineV (1) - Bicephalous Bob

Not Voting (2) - Metal Sonic, notscience

18 alive, 10 to lynch. Deadline is set for 3 weeks from now, on April 21st, 2014 at 6:00 p.m., PST.

Countdown:
(expired on 2014-04-21 18:00:00)
Last edited by The Knight-Errant on Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 525, Antihero wrote:zombie man's analysis really reads genuine to you, khan?
Oh my, no. It's fucking horrible.

Scummy? Absolutely.

But I'm not in a hurry to end the day.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:52 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Implication that I'm seeking to end the day quickly to avoid the 1-vote wagon on me.

Why haven't we lynched this clown?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I mean honestly. Lets assume for one second that this read was genuine, and you were actually town.

You would have spent the entire day doing nothing at all. Leaving me 9 votes away from lynch, and pushing the wagon with about as much effect as a flea pushing a lion.

I mean lets pretend you've learned SOMETHING in the 8 years you've spent on site. Does that strike you like you've used that knowledge for anything productive, Genghis?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:07 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 526, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 525, Antihero wrote:zombie man's analysis really reads genuine to you, khan?
Oh my, no. It's fucking horrible.

Scummy? Absolutely.

But I'm not in a hurry to end the day.
ugfhaslk;d;esw3wqoi;j2q3333333333p98hh8yp942q

help me

somebody

please

help

me
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 528, GreyICE wrote:I mean honestly. Lets assume for one second that this read was genuine, and you were actually town.

You would have spent the entire day doing nothing at all. Leaving me 9 votes away from lynch, and pushing the wagon with about as much effect as a flea pushing a lion.

I mean lets pretend you've learned SOMETHING in the 8 years you've spent on site. Does that strike you like you've used that knowledge for anything productive, Genghis?
^yeah, pretty much this
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 528, GreyICE wrote:I mean honestly. Lets assume for one second that this read was genuine, and you were actually town.

Yeah, I've learned a lot from being here for a while. Like the fact that there's generally an attrition rate in large games. So instead of power rushing to end a day and have a bunch of poor reads on new replacements on Day 2, I'd rather stretch out Day 1 a bit to shake the flakes and not have the game be a drag.

How are you attacking me with this when you've done the exact same thing? Would I have been more productive if I posted a lame empty "Hey let's lynch GreyICE gogogo" every five post like you've done?

I've been giving reads and interacting with many people. Which is a shitty thing for scum to do. You are barely interacting with anyone and taking shitty potshots to piss people off, which is a fantastic strategy for scum.

@Antihero - Calm yo tits.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Yeah except I'm not pushing for a 24 hour speed lynch. In fact we're on page
Motherfucking 22

We've had reads out the ass. The fact you post wall of null is a reflection of you. Not of what's available.

Reads mean nothing (especially null reads). Blood means everything. If you think you have a non-shitty read, push it. Shit or get off the pot, assclown
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:47 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 532, GreyICE wrote:Yeah except I'm not pushing for a 24 hour speed lynch.
Sure you're not. The minute anyone says "Woah, hold on let me consider my options..." you assault them with colorful gems like: "Shit or get off the pot, assclown".

Also, didn't post a "wall of null". That's your unshared reality that you're hoping to make true by repeating it over and over.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by Antihero »

what's on your to-do list khan?
if you need closure, then LET'S DO IT
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:15 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 533, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 532, GreyICE wrote:Yeah except I'm not pushing for a 24 hour speed lynch.
Sure you're not. The minute anyone says "Woah, hold on let me consider my options..." you assault them with colorful gems like: "Shit or get off the pot, assclown".

Also, didn't post a "wall of null". That's your unshared reality that you're hoping to make true by repeating it over and over.
You know, oddly, everyone can go see the wall, and my analysis of it. I do believe they are quite capable of forming opinions themselves.

Your lies are short lived. All anyone needs to do is read.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:22 pm

Post by Twisted Advice »

Khan isn't scum just because he refuses to be strongarmed.

Iago
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:38 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Yeah, lemme offer you a little hint. Experienced players aren't gonna be strongarmed by town. Especially not ones who think they're good (yes, he's delusional. Am aware)

Khan is scum because of behavior, and deserves his inevitable lynch. That being said, he's counting on his clownish behavior covering for his buddy at this point, with the idea that if I get distracted he'll be able to wiggle out of the wagon through being a better player.

It's not going to work. Mnemonic is scum, and Khan is just revving a chainsaw.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:45 pm

Post by Turkish Van »

mnemonicdevice, your analysis is recapping players' ISOs, not analysis. And interacting with a player, challenging their reads, or questioning them doesn't make them a scum read. Mala's a bit leery of MonkeyMan576 last we actually talked about him (this was some time ago) but I'm not scum reading him myself. I do want to get more info from him.

Your play here though is anomalous. I've seen you in a few games now, although not for more than a single day phase ever, but always as town. And your posts have had some attempts at analysis, not this busywork tone.

Mod, the PA head will be V/LA through 4/9. Hopefully more LA than V, but we'll see.

--PA
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:47 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 508, Bicephalous Bob wrote:
In post 505, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 504, Bicephalous Bob wrote:
In post 496, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 488, Bicephalous Bob wrote:also the entire post is probably worth an instawagon but my vote won't move until pv comes back
Was wondering why you would plant your vote until I return, so I looked and it's because you're voting me! :giggle:

Anyways, I'm here. You ready?
yeah

do you think your town game improved since the meta people played with you
No clue. I think most of the ones claiming to have played recently were actually pretty recent (last 6 months).

I like to think my town game has improved since I started, but in the last 6 months? Maybe marginally.
Recent game I liked my play: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36588
Recent game I did not: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=28253

Not really sure of the point of the question, but there's your answer.

My turn.
In post 183, PeregrineV wrote: Why are you scum?
you're just trying to get more snarky answers out of me because you know that's the way to get people to vote me

why did you ignore the meta argument if it isn't based on anything
Interesting take. I'll reverse answer for you.

Why did I ignore an argument that isn't based on anything?
Because it's not based on anything.
And I don't even recall any sort of argument, but maybe I missed the arguing part.

And secondly, what I was expecting was why others think you are scum, since you did manage to go to L-1. To me, it seems like you should/would/could analyze your wagon to see where it comes from, and try to find scum on it.
So far, you've avoided doing anything remotely like that.
Why is that?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:50 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 511, GreyICE wrote:Maybe one of them is the serial killer. We're kind of guaranteed to have one.

I dunno, I just know a scumclaim when I see one.

This could also be a Peregrine/Lootifier situation tbh
Is that the one where Lootifer voted me out of nowhere? That sure as hell didn't help that game.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:54 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 522, Antihero wrote:
zombie wrote:Also. If you don't like reading long walls of text, then don't. SKIM to my reads.
here's let's do it. let's strip down your post to the bare bones.

scum: bob (because of active lurking), jbomber (gut, could be bad scum or town), katarina (bandwagon), hopkirk (lots of his posts rub wrong way), turkish (terrible posts, OMGUS)
town: burn_209 (slight town read, too much fencesitting (lol)), greyice (good scum?, arrogant, pretty town), twisted (?????), antihero (you like how i post)
?????: beast (I don't know where I stand on him), khan (?????)

there's a distinct lack of anything resembling substance on the following slots: khan, mafiassk, metalsonic, peregrinev, lords of the unreal, notscience.
and the ones you actually do give "reads" on aren't really anything to write home about either. while it's obvious that you expended a great deal of effort into writing player summaries, there's not much meat to your post, a lot of nebulous scum reads, and a lot of question marks on borderline cases (khan, beast, and peregrine all come to mind).
This is better.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:48 am

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

In post 539, PeregrineV wrote:Why did I ignore an argument that isn't based on anything?
And I don't even recall any sort of argument, but maybe I missed the arguing part.
that's an unnatural response to slander

the argument was pretty one-sided because you didn't participate
And secondly, what I was expecting was why others think you are scum, since you did manage to go to L-1. To me, it seems like you should/would/could analyze your wagon to see where it comes from, and try to find scum on it.
Why is that?
I don't like to hunt on my wagon

I do read you and device as scum though
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:54 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 537, GreyICE wrote:Khan is scum because of behavior, and deserves his inevitable lynch. That being said, he's counting on his clownish behavior covering for his buddy at this point, with the idea that if I get distracted he'll be able to wiggle out of the wagon through being a better player.

It's not going to work. Mnemonic is scum, and Khan is just revving a chainsaw.
Ugh. What is this? This is the stupidest..

I know this is WIFOM, but as scum why the fuck would I put myself on the line for mnemonic device? Wouldn't it be ten thousand times easier just to bus him and cement myself in towncred?

The theory of "Khan is so deluded he thinks that he can save all his scum buddies" is the sort of theory that no town player legitimately entertains long enough to write a post about it. Scum don't save scumbuddies that get multiple votes in a short time span. They wagon them. For fuck's sake I really don't understand why anybody has a townread on you.

Oh, and you can't call it a chainsaw if you keep pulling the ripcord and putting it in my hands. I'm not trying to stop the johnny mnemonic lynch, I'm just not taking part of it.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:06 am

Post by GreyICE »

No, Captain Fuckwit, the stupidest happens every time you post. I could raise the average IQ of the thread 10 points by lynching you.

If you're not going to take part in anything of interest this game, sit down and shut up. You're barely playing at all at this point, so at least spare the rest of us your inane babble.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:08 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 542, Bicephalous Bob wrote:
In post 539, PeregrineV wrote:Why did I ignore an argument that isn't based on anything?
that's an unnatural response to slander

the argument was pretty one-sided because you didn't participate
Why is that?
I don't like to hunt on my wagon

I do read you and device as scum though
YO BOB

YOU WANNA FOLLOW THAT DEVICE SUSPICION WITH A VOTE?

BECAUSE YOUR PV READ IS CRAP
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:35 am

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

HI GREY

NO I WANT TO SORT THIS OUT FIRST

I RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:39 am

Post by Antihero »

are we playing the same game, khan?
...or is that you don't have a town win condition?

i get that you and grey don't like each other (i'm gathering because of out of game reasons). but the zombie wagon should really be giving you dissonance to resolve in your scumreads. you can either a) change your read on grey or b) think that grey is bussing the shit out of mnemonic (or that grey is sk or whatever).
is there really that much vitriol that you would rather sit on the sidelines and NOT lynch one of your scumreads because "fuck you grey!"? do you need couple's counseling or something? if your dislike for grey's playstyle is making you play against your supposed win condition, there's some re-evaluation needed.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:42 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 541, PeregrineV wrote:This is better.
?
what are you talking about?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:44 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 482, Twisted Advice wrote:I did catch that, and it doesn't sit well with me. The post surrounding it was also not great. Is it really worth making an instawagon of though? Someone may need to walk me through the theory behind it- is it simply "town don't iso their predecessors"? Because I totally do that.

Iago
hey twisted,
i walked you through this with reasoning in 522, 523, and 525.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”