NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2180, Yates wrote: Speaking of our last game together:
In post 2168, Nero Cain wrote:Fake derp is a big part of his scum game
First, that was real derp, but that's beside the point. You accused me of this in that game as well [you used "derp" a LOT in that game]. I guess I should call you scum for not faking a QT result on me? The counter is you are scum reading me and PA - whom you called a scum team in that one as well. So at least your inability to read my slot is consistent. Plus I have a Town read on PA so...
*shrugz*

gonna call em like I see (and feel) em. I could be wrong, I know I'm wrong a lot (but I also seem to be fairly accurate at times) but I mean, I think that PA has some kinda dumb post and I MRs hyper activity and some of his posts could easily come from scum and you aren't playing to your (old you say) town meta and then there's a POE factor so I mean, my reasons could be wrong but I don't think they are absolutely terrible and if you and AP want to mock me and be immature about it then fine.
In post 2189, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 2168, Nero Cain wrote:As for PA her taunting me to "be more convincing" doesn't seem all that town to me and I'm a tad bit worried that she doesn't have a scum read on me when she always does as town.
Curious, what games have you been in with her?
I don't see what that matters.
In post 2168, Nero Cain wrote:I 100% hate his attempted discredit by saying that I always have a scum read on him.
:/, Honestly not my intent. From my perspective, you usually do though. Like I was getting mega frustrated in GoW mafia cause I thought you had some sort of vendetta against me, so this is mostly me getting frustrated that you won't consider me being town, but eh.
But we've played together in more than GOW and Harry Potter and I have not always had a scum read on you. There is one game I made a joke about you being scum but never pushed on you but still its untrue so I'm going to call you on it.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:20 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2196, Yates wrote:mastin are all kind of lurker lynches
I don't think I've ever recalled a Mastin lurker lynch.

Based on your Mastin experience, do you think this would result in a town or scum Mastin?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:30 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2201, PeregrineV wrote:Based on your Mastin experience, do you think this would result in a town or scum Mastin?
I've never seen Mastin lurk. Also, it's probably unfair to call that a "lurker" slot due to V/LA stuff. But, as I stated earlier, if he's Town I think he should probably replace out. If I had chopped my thumb clean off I would have replaced. Bigger things to worry about and all.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:45 am

Post by RachMarie »

how is your thumb doing BTW Yates?

Now back to the game.

No responses to my VCA?
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:52 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2196, Yates wrote::lol: That was me in How I Banged Your Mother Mafia... It's like - he gets tunnely on certain players and carries it over from game to game. Makes him hard not to scum read which is why I'm surprised he's in your "Town Block." I'd replace Nero with PA.
Like I said, this is giving me flashbacks to GoW mafia.
In post 2196, Yates wrote:Also, how is PV obv-Town? I don't know how anyone can be reading this slot with so much certainty based on so little content.
He hasn't done anything memorable today, but I thought he was pretty town Yesterday. Him starting that whole mason thing with me is a bit bold for scum. We talked about PV meta already, but his scum game feels .. vacant? PV being assertive with townreads and actually engaging people backandforth is pretty par for town for him. Like I said, not seeing that so much Today but eh.
In post 2196, Yates wrote:So we're not lynching Snow, please. I could settle for TWIE but I'm starting to think I'm mostly conf-biasing the slot based on pisskop's play. So meh... I feel like matt, egg, and mastin are all kind of lurker lynches. I could hang any of them and not feel like we lost anything of value.
What made you change your mind about TWIE? Ya, mastin's play is just lazy/bad. I actually really don't like Matt.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:00 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2200, Nero Cain wrote:terrible and if you and AP want to mock me and be immature about it then fine.
The fuck? When did I mock you? I'm sorry I pointed out that you often read me as scum? I mean its sort of a fact that I hoped would make you rethink how you read me.
In post 2200, Nero Cain wrote:But we've played together in more than GOW and Harry Potter and I have not always had a scum read on you. There is one game I made a joke about you being scum but never pushed on you but still its untrue so I'm going to call you on it.
I think the only other game was WWE where I replaced in and got NKd right away so I keep forgetting I was in it, but ya.
In post 2203, RachMarie wrote:No responses to my VCA?
Off of the Talah wagon, I think Egg/BPC is the most likely scum on it. BPC listed both as scummy, didn't vote and shows up later to drop a Talah vote with a comment about deadlines.

Luca wagon Im less sure about.

I agree with your townreads for the most part.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:15 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2203, RachMarie wrote:how is your thumb doing BTW Yates?

Now back to the game.

No responses to my VCA?
It's mostly conjecture and your reads since talah and Luca both flipped town.

You might have better luck looking at the off-brands, such as they were.
Yates [1 vote] (pisskop)
Damon_Gant [1 vote] (mastin2)
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:19 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 2189, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 2165, SnowStorm wrote:ou're also fueling suspicion with frustration in the case of your suspicion of bjc and Rach. You said you didn't suspect him and that you only voted him because you didn't like his play. As town you should have put that aside and move on, instead you kept expressing your frustration towards him while you were voting him, which makes no sense to do as town because by doing so you were contributing to a general negative opinion on someone you didn't even suspected, which also helped in creating a distraction in him. I don't care how well you explain this, it was not town play.
This is a REALLY town thing to do though. Scum like to be consistent, town are more likely to get emotional and do their own thing because they want to.
I don't know how you can say this and still think ThAd is town? You think scum are consistent. You think town are emotional. But you fail to see how ThAd's using his frustration to look town and make other players look bad? I mean, that thought process you're showing, is the exact reason why he'd act that way. How is using frustration at bad town play to push for a lynch, a town thing to do? (I'm not talking about only bjc here, he's doing the same thing with Rach). And when you take away his frustrations he's pretty much emotionless. So how do you get that he's town from only showing an emotion that has a much stronger scum motivation than town? Oh because I also find it hard to believe that someone like ThAd, who has a join date from 2006 and who does appear experienced would let himself get blinded by bad play.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Thad/PV/AP/Yates
^
if that's the scum team then I'll lol.

but guys, more Thad votes plox.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Thad/PV/AP/Yates
^
if that's the scum team then I'll lol.

but guys, more Thad votes plox.

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:54 am

Post by RachMarie »

Pere

I am already voting Way who replaced Pisskop And I already analyzed those two first. However even if both were scum, and I am not totally sold on that, there has to be some scum on the two town wagons. No way is there only two scum in a game this size.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Rach, its too early for VCA. Eventhough I'm not townreading PV he IS right that you're using conjecture. I DO agree with you that those wagons aren't devoid of scum.

Why not join the Thad wagon?

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:26 am

Post by RachMarie »

need to look at him closer and I just might, he fits in the place where scum might be, though I am still not convinced that Way is town.

Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:35 am

Post by Plessiez »

SiX replaces aptil as of this post.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:37 am

Post by Snork »

Can someone who has played a lot with AngryPidgeon explain why he is scum please? Because I think he's town.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

hows that catchup going?

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Ok Nero I can see it,

VOTE: Thad

projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:43 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Hey, apologies. I got back recently from my V/LA and I'm still winding down from the trip a little bit. Expect some more reads tonight or tomorrow if things go over well.

Also a note about what some people are saying - I generally find it a lot easier to get townreads in this game than scumreads. But I am struggling to find scumreads unfortunately, and I would much rather admit that then try to push on something I'm not confident in whatsoever.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:49 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 2203, RachMarie wrote:how is your thumb doing BTW Yates?
Want to see?
Spoiler:

In post 2204, AngryPidgeon wrote:What made you change your mind about TWIE?
Our exchange. His defense seems sincere. It would be easy for scum TWIE to tunnel or buddy and he did neither. I still haven't reread him and pisskop but I intend to.
In post 2206, PeregrineV wrote:You might have better luck looking at the off-brands, such as they were.
Check pisskop's activity. Or really mastin's for that matter. They both site flaked.
Please pm me to pre-in
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

mastin hasn't site flaked...

TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 2188, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 2161, TheWayItEnds wrote:Man, you're right. Its so overdone and out of no where. Its like, I opened up the post by being all polite and suddenly there I was being all snarky and... wait.
Ya it sort of is. You are extremely proud about having 5 reads? Gratz man.
If you aren't going to read my posts please don't respond to them. I posted the response to this IN THE POST YOU FUCKING QUOTED THAT FROM.
In post 2161, TheWayItEnds wrote: What the fuck even is this? Yates posted in the quote thats in my post that I don't have reads where my reads have literally just finished being posted. I'm not being proud of the reads, I'm pointing them out.
In post 2161, TheWayItEnds wrote:First of all: What difference does RM's alignment make here? ... None.
No her alignment doesn't ultimately matter, but it SHOULD to you? If you think her push on you is really that bad, I'd expect you to have more interest in figuring her alignment out instead of just calling her push on you shitty in a sarcastic way.
Sure her alignment matters, but since the post you quoted was a response to Yates agreeing with her, the point isn't Rach's alignment but rather the logical flow of her case.
I've put down my opinions of Rach in the thread several times, but that still isn't relevant in terms of the post I made.
In post 2161, TheWayItEnds wrote:Second of all: What I am describing here is the thought process one would have to go to based on RM's logic to arrive at me.
So? Did you draw any reasonable conclusions from this or are you just going through a rundown of why RM is voting you to no end?
[/quote]

Well since the point of the post was to break it down for you since you took a portion of it out of context the first time into something more obviously part of a central thought. But since you haven't been deterred from quoting the middle sections of trains of thought as evidenced by the quote below, what I've learned is that you are really scum this game.
In post 2161, TheWayItEnds wrote:Second, one would compare Pisskop to Mastin. Pisskop lurked, Mastin had a V/LA, essentially the reads based on both of those slots are based on a small of amount of content, so either you flip a fucking coin or you decide that clearly lurking is worse, so Pisskop it is.
Ok? I don't see why that is egregious/scummy/bad. And you aren't really telling us what you think it is.
No, you wouldn't because this is a portion of a larger thought. Taking a section of it and drawing all your conclusions from whatever small portion of it looks like it would be the most damning out of context seems like a really good way to find scum though.
In post 2161, TheWayItEnds wrote:Secondly, if you'll refer back to my wall. you'll notice that the titles of my read list are "Super Scum" and "Super Town". What I mean by that is that i have 2 scum reads that I would hammer in this post without a second thought, and three town reads that I would probably go to no lynch over voting atm.
You should probably share more reads then instead of whatever it is you are doing. Cause I certain;y couldn't tell you where you stand on most people and I doubt anyone else could either.
I have so far put down reads of some sort into the thread on what I think is all but 4 players in this game. So, 12 out of 16 players. I think, that someone who had read my posts would be able to reasonably follow most of my reads at this point.

So again. If you aren't going to read my posts please don't respond to them.

In post 2190, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 2182, Yates wrote:
In post 2159, TheWayItEnds wrote:What I want from you is any indication that you're aware that scum teams usually have multiple members and you don't appear to be looking anywhere but my slot.
My votes tend to be more nimble towards the end of the day. Just because I'm most suspicious of your slot doesn't mean I'm not reading the game. If someone comes along with a more convincing case, I'll bite. Even a cursory glance at my ISO should be sufficient evidence to prove I *AM* looking elsewhere.
Wow, I missed this apparently. TWIE is seriously arguing that there are multiple scum and therefore Yates voting him is bad? ya, thats totally town motivated thinking there at all.
No way, you missed this? Its almost like you haven't been reading my posts.

Let me go get my response to this from the post you just finished quoting.
In post 2161, TheWayItEnds wrote:Its a good thing you're scum this game because I can't imagine that a town game based on intentionally misconstruing posts would be very effective.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:03 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 2197, PeregrineV wrote:
What bothered me most is the fact that pisskop entered the game and gave a read/reaction/interaction to just about every player.

There was one player whom he did not, except for a single compound sentence.
Does it also bother you that I have yet to give any sort of read on 4 players in this game?
(DV,DG,Egg,Aptil)

Is one of my 4 the one pisskop didnt give a read on? (I barely read pisskops posts)
Would it make a difference if it was?
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 2219, Nero Cain wrote:mastin hasn't site flaked...
The frick?

VOTE: mastin2
Please pm me to pre-in
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

What do you mean the frick? It seems like the logical think to do would be do check his on site activity or have you started posting random things?

town bloc

Nero/Rach/4nx/snow/twie

nullies

six/Snork/mastin2/egg/project matt/Gant

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

*thing

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”