Newbie 1488: Igloo-Town Tragedy (Game Over)

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:08 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Ugh. Stupid click and post. If so then why are you just leaving your vote there.

~~

Also now it's all four people I would be willing to lynch all on the same wagon of fail.
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:50 pm

Post by jklash12 »

Why is it a bad wagon? Billi has not looked town today. He tried to look for power roles when we know nothing about power roles. The other thing he has said is that he is a pretty much conf town, which he isn't. It is like he was trying to keep suspicion off him.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:07 pm

In post 251, jklash12 wrote:He tried to look for power roles when we know nothing about power roles.
He speculated about the setup based on night actions, heaven forbid. If we had reliable information I would've done the same and when informed that we didn't have reliable information he hasn't really said anything on the topic. It's not like he's tried to flush out town power roles.
In post 251, jklash12 wrote:The other thing he has said is that he is a pretty much conf town, which he isn't. It is like he was trying to keep suspicion off him..
Isn't this just a variation on the same theme from yesterday? innocentvillager was "too defensive" to some of you and now Billi is scum for saying he's town and now wanting to be a suspect? PRO TIP: Town players should want to appear town so that the town will focus on players who might be scum.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:09 pm

Post by PrivateI »

In post 251, jklash12 wrote:The other thing he has said is that he is a pretty much conf town, which he isn't.
This. I hate that from anyone, especially when he has already made himself look suspicious today with his role(fishing? claiming? speculating? I don't even know what that was.)

PEdit: Why was Mafia RB a valid suspicion based on night actions? What Jake says makes sense: it looks like a scumslip.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 250, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Ugh. Stupid click and post. If so then why are you just leaving your vote there.

~~

Also now it's all four people I would be willing to lynch all on the same wagon of fail.
Cause the 2 people that he's referring to are the 2 scum, I'm leaving my vote cause I think he's one of them. Only scum know what setup we have.

Maybe it's not a slip, maybe it is. The other stuff included I can't possibly see town motivation for his actions.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:23 pm

In post 252, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 251, jklash12 wrote:He tried to look for power roles when we know nothing about power roles.
He speculated about the setup based on night actions, heaven forbid. If we had reliable information I would've done the same and when informed that we didn't have reliable information he hasn't really said anything on the topic. It's not like he's tried to flush out town power roles.
In post 251, jklash12 wrote:The other thing he has said is that he is a pretty much conf town, which he isn't. It is like he was trying to keep suspicion off him..
Isn't this just a variation on the same theme from yesterday? innocentvillager was "too defensive" to some of you and now Billi is scum for saying he's town and now wanting to be a suspect? PRO TIP: Town players should want to appear town so that the town will focus on players who might be scum.
Your protip is horrible

Here's a better protip. Don't give a shit how you are perceived if you are town, just find scum and everything will fall into place. If you happen to get lynched, who gives a rats ass as long as you've done your best to find scum and left behind posts people can use.

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:30 pm

Post by jklash12 »

In post 252, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
This is different from IV. IV was being super defensive about something that wasn't major. Billi was calling himself confirmed town. He wasn't really being defensive about anything. He was just going out there saying. That from day1 he was conf town, which he isn't.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:37 pm

The main thing that bothers be about billi is he was hands down the most opportunistic person day 1 yet he tries to act like he isn't and falsely accuses someone else of being opportunistic.

That's scum shit right there. Town doesn't do that shit.

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:39 pm

In post 251, jklash12 wrote:PEdit: Why was Mafia RB a valid suspicion based on night actions? What Jake says makes sense: it looks like a scumslip.
He already explained his thought process; and I find it reasonable especially given his last post of day one.
In post 254, Jake from State Farm wrote:Cause the 2 people that he's referring to are the 2 scum, I'm leaving my vote cause I think he's one of them. Only scum know what setup we have.
Like seriously, that's just massive town-signalling.
In post 255, Jake from State Farm wrote:Your protip is horrible

Here's a better protip. Don't give a shit how you are perceived if you are town, just find scum and everything will fall into place. If you happen to get lynched, who gives a rats ass as long as you've done your best to find scum and left behind posts people can use.
Basically no one goes back to read what dead townies have to say and often they shouldn't because a dead townie has no special insights into the game other than a town perspective. Furthermore, I'm not saying survival is the only thing that matters but it does matter; I will literally lynch any of you; even my town reads before I get lynched because I have one piece of information to start the game, I am town and I can't say that definitively for any other player.
In post 256, jklash12 wrote:This is different from IV. IV was being super defensive about something that wasn't major. Billi was calling himself confirmed town. He wasn't really being defensive about anything. He was just going out there saying. That from day1 he was conf town, which he isn't.
I know they're "different" but it's really the same root issue; that somehow asserting oneself as town is a scumtell; that's nonsense. Hey jklash, just so you know I'm town and I will actively defend that proposition... come at me bro?
In post 257, Jake from State Farm wrote:The main thing that bothers be about billi is he was hands down the most opportunistic person day 1 yet he tries to act like he isn't and falsely accuses someone else of being opportunistic.

Town do that shit all the time sometimes out of simple ignorance and sometimes even intentionally. I called out the SEs for under contributing at the end of day one when I was doing the same; guess I must be hypocritical scum. And I fully believe your votes yesterday were opportunistic; the PrivateI vote had no reasons attached and at best was a "I'll see what happens vote" and the IV vote was for awful reasons.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:29 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 247, jklash12 wrote:
In post 246, Billi bilaði wrote:Well, 2 players could back me up on the fact that you are not so lucky 2 games in a row. But I seriously doubt that they will do so until after the game.
What does the last part of this supposed to mean?
That the 2 mafioso will not come forward now and back me up on the fact that I'm not in their team. They are welcome to do so, however. :P
Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:36 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 251, jklash12 wrote:Why is it a bad wagon? Billi has not looked town today. He tried to look for power roles when we know nothing about power roles. The other thing he has said is that he is a pretty much conf town, which he isn't. It is like he was trying to keep suspicion off him.
But it's quite the opposite. :] I'm trying to keep suspicion ON me!
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:44 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 255, Jake from State Farm wrote:...{DDD quote}...
Your protip is horrible

Expletives aside, don't you think I'm leaving behind posts that people can use, when I turn out to be town?
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:49 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 257, Jake from State Farm wrote:The main thing that bothers be about billi is he was hands down the most opportunistic person day 1 yet he tries to act like he isn't and falsely accuses someone else of being opportunistic.

Now you are being downright mean.
I give you good explanations why your actions on day 1 look opportunistic in my book. You don't refute any of that, but just act like a mafioso in super defence.

Yes, I take pride in being opportunistic, and I'm generally a very chaotic player. I like it. And I'm ready to defend it. That doesn't mean that somebody else cannot be opportunistic also.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:28 pm

In post 261, Billi bilaði wrote:
Your protip is horrible

Expletives aside, don't you think I'm leaving behind posts that people can use, when I turn out to be town?
No I don't. But you won't flip town so...

And I'm pretty sure I refuted your reasons plus anyone who reads would also know they are not true.

@ddd, you realize it's super easy to fake town tells as scum? Like super easy.

dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:33 pm

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

UNVOTE: billi
If my vote will lynch someone, I don't want it too. Especially since I'm not suspecting you as much as others. Tbh, I'm more inclined to think DDD is mafia. Jake, not really, billi is half-half for me. Not really seeming scum to me yet but things can change in one post. I'm not too sure why DDD is seeming scum to me though... Gut feeling I guess. Which gets me nowhere in this game
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:04 am

In post 264, dawn_to_dusk wrote:If my vote will lynch someone, I don't want it too.
very odd statement, why do you not want to lynch someone?

also why is DDD your top suspect?

more importantly why aren't you doing anything about it?

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:20 am

In post 263, Jake from State Farm wrote:@ddd, you realize it's super easy to fake town tells as scum? Like super easy.
Not really, firstly you have to understand what your targets consider a towntell and there's a billion such things and then even if you do find something you have to actually execute it successfully.
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:06 pm

Post by jklash12 »

In post 261, Billi bilaði wrote:
Your protip is horrible

I'm sorry to inform you but people usually don't look back at dead people's posts.
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:46 pm

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

In post 265, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 264, dawn_to_dusk wrote:If my vote will lynch someone, I don't want it too.
very odd statement, why do you not want to lynch someone?

also why is DDD your top suspect?

more importantly why aren't you doing anything about it?
I guess that's what I get for not re-reading my posts.

What I meant was if my vote will lynch someone who I don't find a top suspect, I would prefer it to go to someone who I do want lynched.

About DDD, as I said, it's a gut feeling. I will gain nothing right now saying why, but it is.
Regarding why I'm not doing anything, I'm waiting for something. A slip up. I'm going through some posts to see what I can come up with though.
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:51 pm

Post by jklash12 »

Dtd- if we are dealing with a DDD scum scenario, he probably won't slip. Experienced scum plan their moves to the detail. You have to learn to pick them. I'm still not very good at this but I try my best to pick out the scum.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:33 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 267, jklash12 wrote:...
I'm sorry to inform you but people usually don't look back at dead people's posts.
Some do, I've seen on the site. (Others sometimes don't even seem to read it the first time around.)
I'll base my posting on that it's better to have posted than just thought about it.
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:30 pm

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

In post 269, jklash12 wrote:Dtd- if we are dealing with a DDD scum scenario, he probably won't slip. Experienced scum plan their moves to the detail. You have to learn to pick them. I'm still not very good at this but I try my best to pick out the scum.
I know that, but not saying anything regarding that would bring up questions. I realise that so I will need to drop DDD as a suspect. Ah well, I guess that means I'm back to the drawing board as far as suspects go.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:06 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

Zephyrus, I lean towards the idea that you are town, based on sparse content, but checking out the other game you are currently playing, you show much more content there, although you have even fewer posts there than here.
Why aren't you showing us any insights as you seem to be doing in game "Open 552"?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:09 am

You are newer so you probably don't know this but talking about other ongoing games is not allowed.

Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:38 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

OK, thanx Jake.
I mentioned a similar thing on day 1 in regards to innocent, but didn't then specify a name of a game. So, this would have been ok if I had skipped the name? Or is the rule even harsher than that?

(I have actually seen this rule, but it slipped my mind since I'm not used to it yet.)

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”