NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

And if you moved your vote off ThAd and onto AP, AP would become one of the leading wagons. So forgive me for not seeing those 3 as our only options.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:47 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Busy day at work be around in an hour.

We should not even let Days get down to 2 days left..

Snow apparently not happening. Twie I'm eh about. Wagon looks a little sketch but meh.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:50 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Six and Rm are town. I think I'm leaning town on Egg more recently.

On phone
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

@TWIE-why do you think Thad is town?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Cause it's really kinda obv?

Ugh is PA scum?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

you aren't TWIE and no its not obvious.

+I'm starting to suspect a Mastin scum and PA would make sense as a buddy.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

They had slightly awkward interactions iirc. Would have to look back when home.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 2580, Nero Cain wrote:+I'm starting to suspect a Mastin scum and PA would make sense as a buddy.
Good so vote Mastin with me!!

I'm pretty much caught up on the thread. Read it on my phone on the bus so I haven't been commenting. I'm cool with RM being Town. SiX should be off the table, too, until there's some funky NA that points the finger at him/SK. Plus, the Aptl claim was solid. Not sure the point of the full claim but whatever. I think he doesn't know what a friendly neighbor claim means or why Nero-scum would have no reason to lie about it.

@SiX - Even if Nero is scum, he *has* to admit to being FNed. Think about it. If he claims he wasn't; RM just became scum-unkillable because if she flips she exposes Nero.

I can vote Matt, would consolidate on TWIE, but *really* want Mastin. Something tells me ThAd's alignment is going to sort itself out soon.

That's where I'm at. Let me know if I need to comment on anything specific. A lot of the stuff worth commenting on resolved itself.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2564, Egg wrote:Deas, you are assuming that projectmatt plays scum a certain way. Snow's meta of him suggests he doesn't play scum the way you assume he would.
What meta is that?

A few things

-For the most part, my lurking, especially on day 2, has been unintentional. You need to understand that unfortunately a lot of curveballs have been thrown at me recently in my personal and school life that make it a lot more difficult to manage this - however, I'm not going to replace out because I want to follow this game through.

-Lurking being unintentional doesn't excuse lurking, but I generally actually am quite more proactive - or at least, more engaged in the game.

-I am reading the game!

-I'm not afraid to call anybody mafia. There comes a point where it actually becomes wise for the mafia to have multiple targets to set themselves on - and in this case, my problem is that I can't find a real, earnest scumread which is completely my fault. But to assert that I'm
scared
of scumreading other players is pretty strange. Any previous meta in any games I've played will show that I'm happy to push on reads as either side.

-I townread RachMarie for a number of reasons, and I absolutely don't believe in the other JOAT claim as an actual townclaim - but these are things that I don't want to delve in right now. I am also in the belief that they will slightly sort themselves out.

-For the purpose of self preservation, I will vote TheWayItEnds.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

I'd lynch mastin. Which, I guess doesn't mean much to people who now think that she's my buddy...? OK then.

I kind of liked DV's points on projectmatt, and I think we have more info if mastin flips scum.

Yates, how good do you feel about TWIE relative to the start of the day?

UNVOTE:

P-edit: projectmatt, what if your purpose wasn't self-preservation? Who would you vote?
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:34 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

Matt...
:roll:
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In retrospect, I really don't like the way Egg has approached reading me today - it looks like to me, at least on the last page he is struggling to find an excuse to vote me and also kind of assuming things about my meta which is both strange and illogical for a town to do.

If it wasn't for the purpose of self preservation, I would basically want to vote AngryPidgeon, 4nxi3ty or Yates. AngryPidgeon is currently viable and I'm searching through trying to find my logical justification for what is bothering me about him in my gut.

Also, I need to throw out that I am pretty convinced that SiX is mafia but I'm not willing to vote him today.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2585, TheWayItEnds wrote:Matt...
What do you want to do today? Who would you be willing to vote with me?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:43 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2584, penguin_alien wrote:I'd lynch mastin. Which, I guess doesn't mean much to people who now think that she's my buddy...? OK then.
I don't know about other people but the reason a Mastin scum flip would make your slot p suspicious is the way that MR was super duper concerned about you on d1, calls Mastin scum but never upgrades him from his gray/null pile.

vote:Mastin

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:49 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 2570, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 2564, Egg wrote:Deas, you are assuming that projectmatt plays scum a certain way.
Snow's meta of him suggests he doesn't play scum the way you assume he would.
Huh? What did my meta on him suggest?
That he's disengaged regardless of alignment and his scum game isn't the proactive style Deas describes.

Deas, people play differently as scum too. Saying that he's try harder to do things as scum is just wrong. He doesn't have a history of doing that, so why does it make sense to assume that if he drew scum in this game, he'd definitely change his style? My point is we can't use any meta tells here and we can't take his lurking as a tell either way. You also say he's experienced which means he'd post scum reads as scum. Do you have evidence of this or are you just assuming again?

Projectmatt, maybe scared is the wrong word. What I mean is it looks like you are just giving town reads and not scum reads just to avoid stepping on toes. I would say subtle buddying, but that feels like the wrong way to describe it too. I dunno, it's just a vibe I get that you don't want to call people scum because you don't want them upset with you or something. I dunno, it's harder to explain than it should be. And by meta, I mean when snow said he ISO'd you in two past games.

Unvote, Vote Mastin

We have a lot of people saying they prefer a Mastin lynch to the lead wagons (all of which feel stalled) but no one voting her. And as much as no one wants to listen to her, Rach is right. 2 days is not a lot of time to get a lynch through in a game this size. We should be in hurry up and lynch mode.

Preview edit: good vote dude lol
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Egg, "scared" seems to be the word that you are looking for, which is why I'm saying your assertion of why I'm not outing confident scumreads is wrong. I'm not scared or afraid of stepping on toes, by the very virtue of lurking in this game I have stepped on plenty already! In general, I find it easier to collect townreads than scumreads. This part of my playstyle likely comes from the fact that I'm far more well versed in playing live mafia, which gives the instant gratification of seeing your reads almost immediately proven right. Generally though, I muster up a few (somewhat accurate) scumreads but I believe the whiplash of real life and my own inability to focus have made it much more difficult in this particular instance. But still, it is not based on fear.

And I don't see an indication of what you said by what Snow had said, but alright.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:00 pm

Post by Egg »

See, but I'm pretty sure your lurking comes from either busy RL or disinterest, so that's not really anything you can avoid as far as stepping on toes. So it's not the same at all.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Well, I'd say it comes from being busy IRL which then leads to a consequential disinterest in thinking critically when I do have the opportunity to read the game in full, I'm sure you understand. But again, I'm telling you that my lack of scumreads is not based on fear or not wanting to step on toes and virtually any game of mine that you read will show you as such that not having any real scumreads at all is a rare thing for me (though I have acquired a few this game).
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:17 pm

Post by Egg »

K
SiX
SiX
Goon
SiX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:55 pm

Post by SiX »

Since you question my legitimacy and that I'm highly recommended to vote someone from the 3, I believe it will be you Matt.

VOTE:
SiX
SiX
Goon
SiX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:56 pm

Post by SiX »

Also, Mastin's post seemed more townish than scummish to me when I looked through them. Why are some people voting him?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

prob 'cause he's posting it up in MD and cares more about winning prof. mafia than helping find scum. I don't know if he'll win a scummie but he's won my vote. :)

TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:00 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 2583, projectmatt wrote: -For the purpose of self preservation, I will vote TheWayItEnds.
Ok, now that I'm back I'll fully respond to this.

I'm trying to argue against lynching you and you fucking post this. Like if you want to ask me to vote you, you can do that, its a lot easier than shit posting.

What the fuck is the point of "self preservation" as town if you arent helping town do shit.

Seriously, if you're collecting town reads that match up with everyone in the threads town reads it seems real important for you to be around tomorrow to continue agreeing with other people's reads.
projectmatt wrote:
In post 2585, TheWayItEnds wrote:Matt...
What do you want to do today? Who would you be willing to vote with me?
What do I want to do? I wanna lynch scum Pidgeon. and since you have a scumread on pidgeon that seems like a better place for your vote.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:58 pm

Post by Plessiez »

It's day 2. Deadline for the day is 13th April, 15:45. That's (expired on 2014-04-13 15:45:32).

Vote Count 2.13
TheWayItEnds [4 votes] (DeasVail, mastin2, PeregrineV, Damon_Gant)
mastin2 [3 votes] (Yates, Nero Cain, Egg)
ThAdmiral [2 votes] (SnowStorm, RachMarie)
projectmatt [2 votes] (4nxi3ty, SiX)
AngryPidgeon [1 vote] (TheWayItEnds)
penguin_alien [1 vote] (Snork)
Nero Cain [1 vote] (ThAdmiral)
SnowStorm [1 vote] (Angry Pidgeon)

2 players are not voting
: {penguin_alien, projectmatt}

With
players alive it takes
votes to lynch somebody or to go to night.
Last edited by Plessiez on Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:31 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2584, penguin_alien wrote:Yates, how good do you feel about TWIE relative to the start of the day?
I'm not Town reading him, if that's what you mean. I'm still willing to lynch him - it was just frustrating that I've been pushing this slot for 2 days and the minute I decide I need more info and unvote all of a sudden a wagon forms. :neutral: It's almost like by not being on the TWIE wagon I'll get the lynch I initially wanted. Plus, I think a TWIE flip will - as you have said - clear some stuff up on me and a couple of other reads.

All that said; I'm probably not the best person to sheep reads from. As has been proven in thread, I'm not exactly on top of this game the way I should be. Yeah yeah, there are RL reasons for it but I'm hoping to reengage starting now [off pain killers as of yesterday]. There's no way I'm going to reread the game but you can expect better contributions from this slot.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”