NY 171: An Education in Telling Jokes (Game Over!)

DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:41 pm

Post by DeathNote »

In post 2598, Marquis wrote:lol

gnight everyone
I actually should do the same... I am reading my posts and seeing I am starting to drift. I'll try to compose myself tomorrow and do a bit of ISOing.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Post by Ythan »

tman2nd wrote:i can't read this player someone feed me meta
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:51 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 2599, DeathNote wrote:@Ythan- Are you scum? Seriously, just if you are town, clear you name now. I don't want this to go out of proportion. I considered you town just as I considered UT town and honestly... at this point UT would probably have pressure on him too.
So are you just pretending to ask a meaningful question or what. Like am I going to claim scum here?
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:12 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2594, Bulbazak wrote:Yates: Yates's play has been bothering me. He's been focusing on issues that the average town player would know better than to focus on. He focused on Nikanor's fake day guilty. Why? Anyone who has played any sort of mafia knows that was fake. Why push it and ask if it was serious? Same thing with Marquis's fake claim in RVS. That's obviously fake, but Yates pushed it as something serious to get Marquis lynched. He focused on my slot during the last day phase, suddenly expecting me to read a 100+ page game in under a week. Essentially, Yates has been trying to find little things to force a lynch on. He's not actually trying to scum hunt, just to look like. But it's the fake soft claim that nails him. Did anyone else catch him softing mason on d4? I will admit, that gave me pause. Until I went back through the ISOs. It's true that Poro never really mentions him, but Yates actually did something that no mason partner would ever do: He FoS'd Poro early in the game. How could Yates be Poro's mason partner if he's trying to say Poro is scum? That is ludicrous. And watch him say he never was trying to claim that, even though he was trying to lynch Marquis on the basis of a fake mason claim and constantly said that he would never be lynched and we would be sorry if we did lynch him, all of which points to him being mason. And let's not forget all those times he went mason fishing beforehand.
I have 8 minutes to type this post...

1. Re: Nikanor - Why would I question a claim? Is this something I actually have to answer?
2. Re: Marq - Same as above plus:
3. Re: Softclaim - "And watch him say he never was trying to claim that [mason]" - I was never was trying to claim that. I was intimating that I know who the mason is and that it isn't Marquis. Being that I know who the mason is and being that I thought Marquis was claiming mason, why *wouldn't* I focus on that? While I'm not going to out the real mason, I can show you why I know Marquis
isn't
the mason:
In post 1609, Porochaz wrote:Back to the game,
Marquis Im leaning scum
, but Malascum, I'm coming for you.
"Leaning scum." I will admit that if I were a mason with Poro, something like that FoS you pointed out [contrary to your purported opinion, btw] would be TOTALLY in line with me distancing from my mason buddy in order to make the two of us harder to figure out in the event one of us got killed. Of course, we'd also work out a way to verify in the event one of us needed to claim later. This is something I expect to see if/when the real mason is forced to claim.

4. Re: fake mason claims and why I would pursue them - You know who else didn't like fake mason claims??
In post 121, Porochaz wrote:
In post 115, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Marquis
Me and Pirate are the actual masons. Lynch this please.
What happens when you decide to blatantly cut sentences to make cases?

unvote, vote
radiantcowbells
Bulba
In post 128, Porochaz wrote:Anyway,
RC
Bulba is probably a good place to put a vote.
5. Re: my "focus" on your slot yesterday - this is the sum total of my laser focus on your slot:
In post 2463, Yates wrote:Re: RC slot - Bulba is the new RC and has two content promise posts. I think the slot is broken.
No one expects you to read the whole game. I *would* expect you to at least look at the deadline wagons, though. Doesn't seem like a stretch to expect - oh - ANYTHING after a full week. Somehow Kagami and Nacho managed to post content...

6. Re: lack of activity from your slot - You know how many scum wagons your slot has been on? It shouldn't take too long to count to zero. Conversely, I killed the Mafia RB and the Mafia Encryptor. So for a non-contributing slot to wonder why I - as someone that has contributed reads, advanced the game, killed scum, and actually scum hunted contrary to your bs accusation - would have the gall to call your slot "broken" is laughable.

VOTE: Bulba

More later but I'm fired up right now.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:00 am

Post by Marquis »

alright since i have the time and energy now i will respond to you dn!!
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:01 am

Post by Marquis »

and since i feel like ur the kind of guy who only responds positively to proper gramspell regardless of actual content, i'll do that for u too ; )
link in bio
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:03 am

Post by DeathNote »

In post 2602, Ythan wrote:
In post 2599, DeathNote wrote:@Ythan- Are you scum? Seriously, just if you are town, clear you name now. I don't want this to go out of proportion. I considered you town just as I considered UT town and honestly... at this point UT would probably have pressure on him too.
So are you just pretending to ask a meaningful question or what. Like am I going to claim scum here?
I dont see why the question is so hard to answer.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:22 am

Post by Yates »

Back...

So to clarify point 3. There's a difference between calling someone a scum read and using an FoS. You typically don't HARD distance from your mason buddy by claiming to have a scum read on them because it makes verifying the claim in the event of your death nearly impossible. An FoS? Sure. That can be brushed off but not a committed scum read. That's why I was calling shens and absolutely NOT "mason fishing" as you claim. Besides, that's pretty much the dumbest thing you could say. When's the last time you actually saw scum blatantly role fish? This isn't Road to Rome and I'm not a noob. Grow up.

And to expand on point 6 [and sort of the noob comment in point 3] - unless you think scum have nothing but PR's, don't you think scum Yates and his buddies would rather bus a goon than an RB and an Encryptor? Again, not a noob. Check my scum games for examples in - oh - probably EVERY scum game I've ever bussed in... Oh - ANNNNND the only reason I wasn't "on" the Kagami wagon is because I got off to allow Mollie to "do stuff" and Kagami got hammered before I got back.

With that off my chest, I'm actually going to pursue the lead I just dropped in that last point. Time to see who actively pushed counter wagons on Zek, Mala, and Kagami/NS/EPM slot.
Please pm me to pre-in
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:58 am

Post by Marquis »

In post 2597, DeathNote wrote:God you are just like... the biggest scum piece of crap I have seen this game.... It really really really bothers me and the only reason I have tunnel voted you into the ground is because there are SOOOOooooo many people this game that are bad and worthy of a lynch.

Does no one else read this post and see nothing of relevant? Like, what in this post comes from a town perspective?

There is set-up speculation, blatant sheeping (and all mollie?), a pointless list (Yeah she is being facetious, I get it), and then to top it all off...

(...so you can see why i'm all over the place today)

No I can't see why you are all over the place. And the fact that you are shrugging off your lack of reasoning with this crap answer is what makes me mad.

Unvote
Vote: Marq

The worst part is probably just the fact that Marq plays this way. I don't know if this is scum play or just her being deliberately anti-town. It is the same thing with RC... always plays the same way and always gets lynched for it. I really do think RC/bulz might have been town... probably is town but I also don't want to see that slot in lylo because... not lynching someone on meta is ridiculous.
"Does no one else read this post and see nothing of relevant?"

Oh, it's relevant all right. I was asked to explain my votes and reads, and I did so, but for clarification: I was sheeping Mollie, and I got caught up in sheeping again this Day, only to come to the realization that I didn't quite trust any living player's alignment and reads as much as I trusted Mollie's. (Before you inevitably ask "why did you trust Mollie?", it was because she sounded genuine as hell, was reading me as town correctly, and it felt like multiple townreads of ours coincided- so as a result, I came to trust her scumreads. That included Sthar, unfortunately, but if I remember correctly, most of the others were totally on point!)

"Like, what in this post comes from a town perspective?"

Let's see...

"There is set-up speculation"

What is stopping town from speculating about the setup in public as I did? I fail to see how thinking about the state of the scumteam, particularly in numbers, can't come from a town perspective. Perhaps I should have worded it as a question, because what I was looking for was some sort of verification: This is a 21 player normal game with one kill per night and 3 flipped Mafia roles, so is it safe to assume there's 2 Mafia left?

"blatant sheeping (and all mollie?)"

Covered this partially already above, but I also want to ask in return: how is such blatant sheeping scummy at all? I mean, of course it would be scummy if, say, I had been only voting whoever EPM/notsci/Kagami voted and buddied up to them. But what I did was sheep a player I was reading as town (and has already flipped town!) onto maybe one or two mislynches, but just as many or even more actual scum lynches!

This is a huge point that I actually want you to retract. Just because you don't like my sheeping, while not the
most
pro-town move, doesn't mean it wasn't a town move at all, and sure as hell doesn't mean that I'm scum for doing it, especially when it's not an associative tell with scum of any sort.

And I also really shouldn't be this okay with calling my votes on scum only a result of sheeping, anyway. During Day 1, I was one of the people speaking out the most against the "let Zekrom live because he can kill for the town!!!" plan, and I actively pushed for the Zekrom lynch. Granted, I ultimately gave in, but only because at that point in the game I realized that a Zekrom lynch didn't have enough support (interestingly enough, too many people saying "yeah I'm okay with lynching Zekrom, but let's lynch _____ first!"). And sometime during that and later on, I had a scumread that I formed independently on the cautiously lurking EPM/notsci slot (it should be in my ISO somewhere if you actually feel like reading my posts or something). I just only pursued that when other players wanted to go for it more.

"a pointless list (Yeah she is being facetious, I get it)"

I'm using a joke as my medium of choice to explain that at the moment I no longer have any strong town reads other than myself, because as you said, I'm able to see each player as scummy in their own way! Yay!

Not quoting any more. Basically, your post consists of you saying that I'm scummy, with your reasons being aspects of my play that actually make me town. And then you say that
I'm
the one who's inadequately justifying myself.

Personally, I don't believe an obvtown player is worthy of a lynch. I can see it being somewhat justifiable if that player is clearly wrong in their reads and has previously defended scum, derailed a scum lynch, and so on. But when an obvtown player has contributed their vote and pushed on actual scum just as often (or even more so!) than several other living players, then you should probably
not
attempt to pursue their lynch.

In regard to what I said in that post, I haven't reread yet. But I'm tentatively going to call you town because I don't see scum having the balls to push such an obvious mislynch. The fact that you're still holding onto an argument resembling "I don't like the way you talk" that you generated all the way back in RVS
does
irk me, but it's not enough to make me want to vote you back out of similar spite.

PEDIT: Reading over this post, I'm starting to draw similarities between how I view you right now and how I viewed UT earlier. So I guess you can thank me for allowing you to be even more town now! :)

Actual and Not-"Facetious" Readslist

Town

Marquis
DeathNote
Yates

Null/Town

Bulba

Null/Scum

everyone else

I threw Yates up in there because I think I remember him coming off as town after interrogating me yesterday/the day before that/earlier sometime, as well as because of his talk about Masons now. I'm inclined to believe scum would much rather keep Mason speculation to their QuickTopic (the fact that their Encryptor is dead puts a slight damper on this reasoning, but regardless, I don't think Yates would be speaking this openly if he were actually scum).

I still want to believe in RC being town, and I'm not okay with the idea of a Bulba lynch.

Everyone else is yet to be sorted. There was something here that made me want to investigate tman a bit more closely, but I can't really put a finger on it yet. Vibes, I guess.

PEDIT2: Reading over this again, I still don't fully understand the last part of the post of yours that I quoted.

Why exactly do you want to lynch me again? Are you trying to serve me up as a scum lynch, or a policy lynch? You seem lost.
link in bio
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:15 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2608, Marquis wrote:I'm inclined to believe scum would much rather keep Mason speculation to their QuickTopic
This much is true. That said, as the events of the game unfolded I had no way of tying your mason statement from day 1 to Poro [or ANY mason that might or might not have existed] until Poro flipped mason. And, of course, he didn't flip mason until after *we* lynched the mafia encryptor. *shrug* But anyway, you were part of that discussion so you know exactly what I was thinking and can at least verify that I was right to pursue that line of questioning. Which, I think, is the true irony here. Bulba is trying to paint my inquiry as a mason fish while it was in fact calling out what I had perceived as a fake claim. And not acting on that information is what would have been detrimental to Town, imo. What a joke.
Please pm me to pre-in
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:06 am

Post by Elyse »

Is anyone against lynching Nacho? Is anyone actually townreading that slot?

I liked Bulba's post but am fine with lynching that slot because RC fits into the inept scum category.
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:15 pm

Post by tman2nd »

In post 2594, Bulbazak wrote:
Nachomamma8:
I want to believe town, mainly because I have a hard time thinking he'd replace into a scum slot with 2 buddies down, and then bus another one, especially when Kagami could have turned that slot around. However, this is Nacho, and I don't want to rush into a town read prematurely. I should have him sorted by the end of the day.
I feel like at that point, that slot was going to be lynched anyway and it would have looked bad to resist it.

I townread both people on the Nacho wagon, and I agree that he does look scummy, so

VOTE: Nacho
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 414, Malakittens wrote:
In post 407, pisskop wrote:zekrom. vote zekrom25 for VI.
In post 409, pisskop wrote:he's good enough to have a hydra.
Bad posts bad posts.

He asked me in a PM if he could hydra with me because he wants to learn. It's not like he wants to stay new forever. He just needs an experienced person helping him.
In post 416, pisskop wrote:ok, ill take your word. i was suiting up to lynch him this day . . .

unvote
In post 1542, pisskop wrote:Yo, I dobt think this clears Cabd.

Z was a marked man. Throwing under bus?
In post 1606, pisskop wrote:Pacman - Why ar le you voting moi?

-I think pman is town, believe it or not. Nikanor not so much. Since you all seem to think Marquis is coolbeans im jumping onto tge wagon.

unvote
vote: Nikanor
In post 1804, pisskop wrote:Lets not lynch mollie. UT, why is Mala a better lynch than Marquis?
In post 1806, pisskop wrote:
In post 1804, pisskop wrote:Lets not lynch molle
or mala
. UT, why is Mala a better lynch than Marquis?
In post 1812, pisskop wrote:Why is he trying to lynch Mala if he reads Marquis as scum? Also its more of a gut thing atm. I could wifom you with inconclusive posts, but I think he's leading us away from the prize.
In post 1814, pisskop wrote:I don't buy scum Mala. Im not going to defend her, but let's lynch better scumz.
In post 1864, pisskop wrote:
vote: Malakittens

L-1. I am curious to see how she flips after that appeal. Esp since she's hard to read.
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:32 pm

Post by Marquis »

the quote++ didn't pull my comments through :(

bascially I did an ISO of pisskop and I'm content to lynch Nacho now with how his predecessor was flipflopping over Zekrom and Mala so much

what I mean to say is that pisskop wasn't strong in his defenses of Zekrom, Mala, and EPM, but he tended to weakly redirect attention away from them.

VOTE: nacho
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:33 pm

Post by Marquis »

, , being the strongest examples of that
link in bio
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Especially 1814.

VOTE: Nacho
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:02 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I should have checked before I voted. I believe that makes me number 3 out of 5.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I take it back. I think I'm #4.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:05 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Yup: Elyse, tman, Marq, GC.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 2606, DeathNote wrote:
In post 2602, Ythan wrote:
I dont see why the question is so hard to answer.
Oh no you caught me I'm scum and I forgot how to lie.

Now you answer mine.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:26 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 2618, Green Crayons wrote:Yup: Elyse, tman, Marq, GC.
Ok. Obligatory
INTENT TO HAMMER
. I haven't actually read the case yet because I'm still bothered by something...
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by Yates »

What's bothering me...

Bulba? Seriously? You said this???
In post 2594, Bulbazak wrote:Nachomamma8: I want to believe town, mainly because I have a hard time thinking he'd replace into a scum slot with 2 buddies down, and then bus another one, especially when Kagami could have turned that slot around. However, this is Nacho, and I don't want to rush into a town read prematurely.
And then ignored looking at where my slot was on each of those wagons?? :facepalm:

So, you don't think Nacho would replace in to a scum slot down two players BUT you *do* think I would bus a third scum PR???

What I wouldn't do for a bullet...
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:32 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 2620, Yates wrote:I haven't actually read the case yet
Oh he replaced pisskop. I'm cool with this.
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:35 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 2622, Yates wrote:Oh he replaced pisskop. I'm cool with this.
Nope. My bad. I was thinking of another game.

Is it for the marquis tunnel + soft defending scum?
Please pm me to pre-in
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:38 pm

Post by Marquis »

oh and also GC is town.

pedit it's for soft defending scum while saying basically "but it's ok if we lynch them just not yet!!", and backpedaling on me really really hard when he realized I wasn't a viable mislynch anymore. I mean at least Deathy is sticking to his guns and I applaud him for that
link in bio

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”