Newbie 1494 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:45 am

Post by Moonlight »

BC, if you're still here, I am struggling to see the Town motivation behind your question in . If you are scumreading me, why do you care about my read on Squirrel? Why would anything I say to that question matter provided that it might be complete bullshit?
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:00 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

If I think you're scum, your 'reads' are incredibly important to me for future reference, especially for finding your partner, assuming you are scum.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:26 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Misquoting other players, whether deliberate or accidental, is extremely bad form.

Moonlight: Preview is your friend. Use it, and do not let it happen again.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:33 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.07

Moonlight - 3 - Squirrel Girl, BipolarChemist, homosapiensapien
homosapiensapien - 2 - Moonlight, Tony PF

Not Voting: Kenobi, conman41895, RachMarie, Nachomamma8

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-04-25 23:06:24)
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:04 am

Post by Moonlight »

In post 201, BipolarChemist wrote:If I think you're scum, your 'reads' are incredibly important to me for future reference, especially for finding your partner, assuming you are scum.
But you can't possibly know the way in which I will fabricate a read. You cannot know if I will townread or scumread a partner and the reasoning I'll use. You would have to understand my way of thinking so well and get so deeply into my head that you'd be unable to miss my alignment in the first place.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:22 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

Everything in this game is reads and how we interpret other people's sayings.

Why are you so against me asking you questions?
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:58 am

Post by Moonlight »

On the contrary, I am for that. Problem is, you're not asking the right ones. What do you understand about me? If I flipped scum right here and now, what would my townread on Squirrel tell you? It would tell you squat, that's what. So why aren't you doing something about it? Why
aren't
you trying to get into my head if you are scumreading me and if you believe my reads will lead you to my partner?
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:02 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 206, Moonlight wrote:On the contrary, I am for that. Problem is, you're not asking the right ones. What do you understand about me? If I flipped scum right here and now, what would my townread on Squirrel tell you? It would tell you squat, that's what. So why aren't you doing something about it? Why
aren't
you trying to get into my head if you are scumreading me and if you believe my reads will lead you to my partner?
How are my questions the wrong questions? A townread on squirrel could come about later on, every little bit counts. Your posts thus far have given me a decent indication of where you are at.

I see a lot of outloud thinking, piecing together a puzzle, but I'm not convinced it's town.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:13 am

Post by RachMarie »

Of course I want to hear more from Nacho, I need more to peg him. He is a slippery one.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:53 am

Post by Moonlight »

In post 207, BipolarChemist wrote:I see a lot of outloud thinking, piecing together a puzzle, but I'm not convinced it's town.
Bingo. That's an excellent analogy and it shows me you're trying to understand me. It matters to me that you've said that.

I've had a rather recent realization. The reason I could never enjoy being scum is because I couldn't treat that like a puzzle. I admit that probably sounds stupid because it is a puzzle too, just in different ways that I'm not very used to.

@Rach, no love for the rest of us, just for Nacho? D: What do you think of what's been going on in the thread recently? Anything?
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:19 am

Post by Tony PF »

Everybody, list the players from towniest to scummiest, go. I need to see where everybody stands on lynching HSS today.

Moonlight
Squirrel Girl
Conman
RachMarie
Bipolar Chemist
Kenobi
Nacho
HSS
(Unofficial) Puzzle And Dragons Forum Ambassador
NOT VERY ACTIVE ON WEEKDAYS

Feel free to PM about what it's like back in the PF realm.
conman41895
conman41895
Townie
conman41895
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:33 am

Post by conman41895 »

In post 190, Tony PF wrote:
In post 178, conman41895 wrote:@tony btw Id still like an explanation to all of your votes up until this point.
List all the votes that I never explained, because AFAIK I've explained all of them.
In post 83, Tony PF wrote:
You might be right, but we also have to consider Squirrel Girl's willingness to wagon Nacho.

Hmm... You know what? Now that I've thought about it,

UNVOTE: homosapiensapien
VOTE: Squirrel Girl

Nacho is town if Squirrel Girl flips scum.
In post 108, Tony PF wrote:I'm still game for a claim from Nacho.

VOTE: Nacho
I reread all the posts that you've voted on and these were the votes that most concerned me at the time. The squirrel vote as a bandwgon vote that you placed with no reasoning other than what was supplied by others. The nacho vote was random. Not a single explanation other than "I'm still game". Now that I've rethought it I feel like its possible that I'm just misinterpreting your game play. If you could elaborate that would help me understand my read on you a bit better.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:37 am

Post by RachMarie »

I love everyone, but I will not let Nacho hide under a rock and leave us wondering if he is town or if he is scum. I want to get him pegged right quick.

I will post more later but I have got to go lay down for a while. I have cellulitus on my lower legs and it is nasty stuff. Taking 2 antibiotics and trying to follow docs advice to keep them elevated more than usual which cuts into my computer time both for work and play :(

They are healing though.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
conman41895
conman41895
Townie
conman41895
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:46 am

Post by conman41895 »

In post 210, Tony PF wrote:Everybody, list the players from towniest to scummiest, go. I need to see where everybody stands on lynching HSS today.
Town
Squirrel
BP
Kenobi
Rach
Nacho
HSS

Tony and Moon are in limbo right now. Not quite sure how I feel about the both of them. Also squirrel is becoming town in my mind due to recent events. Ill explain myself later because I'm actually on my way out. If anyone has any questions about this please leave them.

Also to answer Tony's question I don't want to lynch HSS just yet. Let him respond to the pressure on him (if he ever does) and then we can talk about a lynch. Reaction is everything in this game.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:54 am

Post by Moonlight »

But I don't wannaaaaa.

*sigh* Fiiine.

Top spot is a tough choice between Tony and Squirrel. This is my "People I won't want to vote for unless I see something very compelling that contradicts my read" tier. They belong here for the same reason: they're both scumhunting and they both feel genuine when they switch (Tony's short-lived jump on conman was especially remarkable, Squirrel's impressed me despite her scumread on me by how openly she expresses her mind, if she's scum she's got nerves of fucking titanium).

Not far behind follow Kenobi and conman. What should I call this... the "People I need to see a decently strong case against to consider a vote for" list. I liked Kenobi's reaction to my vote, and the misquote paranoia fits the "profile" that's been forming in my head. I'm not entirely sure why I'm not placing him in the tier above to be honest, probably because of my initial suspicion about him buddying Nacho. Meh, it'll go away completely sooner or later. conman shared his reads in detail and I loved that, it was a very pro-Town move. He's not in the top list because if I really try, I can see him doing that as scum that wants to appear pro-Town, but I don't believe this to be the case.

Nacho would be null, but my scumread on HSS along my belief that those two are not scum together places him in null-Town for now.

I don't know how to read Rach and BC yet. I can see their plays making sense for either alignment so far.

HSS I've already talked about.

I'll quickly make a "confidence scale":

9. Tony~Squirrel
8. Kenobi~conman
6. Nacho
5. Rach~BC
3. HSS

10 = If you ever lynch this, I will find where you live and I will mix up your socks so you'll never find ones that match.
0 = I will not sleep peacefully until I know we'll be lynching you ASAP.
1 to 9 is everything in-between. :P
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 195, Moonlight wrote:Yes, but unless I've read your post completely wrong (and do correct me), you've linked Kenobi's misconception with my logic behind why I believe HSS is scum. Why is that?
Because it actually happened - but it was Bipolar who said it and not you. When he said it was you, I remembered reading the first one and finding it scummy and just presumed he was attributing correctly. Change your name to Bipolar's name and my comment remains my correct thoughts. I still find it really ugly to have two different players pushing a lynch on what looks like a lynchbait player. I'd bet one of them was scum and telling filthy scum lies.
In post 196, BipolarChemist wrote:Mm, I disagree SG. HSS came in and said VERY little adding a vote to some weak arguments. Then his post about him having to catch up was redundant and meaningless, posting for the sake of posting, really.
I will not argue with you that his contributions are up to snuff.
I will disagree with you trying to sell that he voted prior to catching up - he actually claimed the opposite of that, so it's either you reading poorly or you trying to outright sell a lie, and neither is acceptable to let continue.
In post 197, Moonlight wrote:I want Squirrel to answer this question as honestly as possible: do you first read what I say and then decide if it's more probably to come from Town or scum, or have you decided I'm scum and you're only looking at how it makes sense as scum to post it?
You cannot answer that sort of question honestly, because no one wants to admit to clouded judgement, and if your judgement is truly clouded then you wouldn't be able to tell anyway. I believe my issue with you rose out of our interactions as a result of them. I don't think I ever was like 'I hate his avatar - gonna call him scum no matter whats!" or anything like that. Now that I have a scum read on you am I more likely to consider things you do in a scummy light first and foremost? Sure - but that happens with everyone for both town and scum reads. Will I try not to let that happen? Also sure. Do I know whether it has or hasn't happened, and if so where? No and no.

I don't really see the value of the question either. It's like asking me my favorite debate style - it's a stock answer with no connection to my alignment.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:02 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

I'm not even sure how I'd put together a list like people are doing.

I am not amongst the apparent majority with HSS as the obv. scum/bottom of the list though. Besides poor play and being misrepped I don't see any particular issue with him that screams scum.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

Heck, I'll specifically call out Rach as being more objectionable to me than him, and that's just on playstyle. She's clearly a player who knows how to play and appears to be directly trying to limit her interactions. I find that far worse than HSS - and I find the people I am calling scummy to be worse than that, because their actions seem pro-scum in nature even beyond that.
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by Tony PF »

In post 211, conman41895 wrote:
In post 190, Tony PF wrote:
In post 178, conman41895 wrote:@tony btw Id still like an explanation to all of your votes up until this point.
List all the votes that I never explained, because AFAIK I've explained all of them.
In post 83, Tony PF wrote:
You might be right, but we also have to consider Squirrel Girl's willingness to wagon Nacho.

Hmm... You know what? Now that I've thought about it,

UNVOTE: homosapiensapien
VOTE: Squirrel Girl

Nacho is town if Squirrel Girl flips scum.
Scum are more likely to wagon than town.
In post 108, Tony PF wrote:I'm still game for a claim from Nacho.

VOTE: Nacho
I wanted Nacho to claim.
I reread all the posts that you've voted on and these were the votes that most concerned me at the time. The squirrel vote as a bandwgon vote that you placed with no reasoning other than what was supplied by others. The nacho vote was random. Not a single explanation other than "I'm still game". Now that I've rethought it I feel like its possible that I'm just misinterpreting your game play. If you could elaborate that would help me understand my read on you a bit better.
Reasons in bold.

Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by Moonlight »

In post 215, Squirrel Girl wrote:You cannot answer that sort of question honestly, because no one wants to admit to clouded judgement, and if your judgement is truly clouded then you wouldn't be able to tell anyway. I believe my issue with you rose out of our interactions as a result of them. I don't think I ever was like 'I hate his avatar - gonna call him scum no matter whats!" or anything like that. Now that I have a scum read on you am I more likely to consider things you do in a scummy light first and foremost? Sure - but that happens with everyone for both town and scum reads. Will I try not to let that happen? Also sure. Do I know whether it has or hasn't happened, and if so where? No and no.

I don't really see the value of the question either. It's like asking me my favorite debate style - it's a stock answer with no connection to my alignment.
You call that a stock answer? o_o I would guess that most people I know wouldn't be as self-aware as you are being in your answer.

The value of the question is in me trying to understand you better.

I understand where you're coming from regarding HSS and I considered that in , but I haven't changed my mind. I don't want him lynched right here right now, but so far he's made it challenging for me to consider him Town. He's got plenty of time to make me change my mind.
conman41895
conman41895
Townie
conman41895
Townie
Townie

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by conman41895 »

I really like what squirrel just posted. I agree with not having HSS as a scummy player but his lack of activity and reasonings make him a liability to the group.
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by Tony PF »

I see where you're coming from, Squirrel Girl. I completely understand: but that doesn't mean I agree. He's been opportunistic this whole game.

How about we have him claim next time he gets on, so if we put him at L-1 we don't have to wait a whole freakin' day for him. (According to the Activity Overview, he hasn't posted in the last 23 hours.) How does everyone feel about that?

@Conman: He's definitely not somebody I'd want in LyLo. Seemingly random votes, posts maximum twice daily... I think you know what I'm talking about.

homosapiensapien
homosapiensapien
Townie
homosapiensapien
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by homosapiensapien »

I dont have much time to go on my computer as i already have mentioned, and now everyone seems to think im scum because of one thing that Moonlight said about me.
it's almost like she's trying to kill me off because she's taking the attention far away from herself

definitely still voting on Moonlight
homosapiensapien
homosapiensapien
Townie
homosapiensapien
Townie
Townie

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:52 pm

@Conman
homosapiensapien
homosapiensapien
Townie
homosapiensapien
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:54 pm

sorry that last message was accidently posted while i was trying to type this
@Conman: I voted Tony that other time because I didnt have much to go on anybody and seemed to be the most scummy at the time

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”