NY 171: An Education in Telling Jokes (Game Over!)

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:36 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2674, DeathNote wrote:I mean... you say that but.... is she really?
Are you honestly suggesting that she actively bussed both Zekrom and NS, even when there was no reason to?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:39 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Well... yeah. I have seen several players this game actively buss both of those scum. I can't just clear them all because of it.

Don't get me wrong, I am not lynching Marq today. I won't even suggest it but if I am put in some sort of 3 way lylo with her and anyone else, I am going to be hard pressed to not lynch her.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:40 pm

Post by Marquis »

Have you considered that your scumread on and intent to mislynch me might be why you're still alive?

Not sure who I'm voting today. Might be less active this weekend.
link in bio
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:48 pm

Post by tman2nd »

In post 2672, DeathNote wrote:
In post 2671, tman2nd wrote:It is based on what others have said. I'm not going to go look for those posts right now because Bulbazeck is preparing a rebuttle to them anyway. Actually, I think I should have probably looked a little more into the arguments. I think I was a bit to hasty with my vote.

UNVOTE:
So you are backpedaling out of that vote because you realize you don't remember what others have said or you don't think those comments are as condemning as you had hoped? You had Elyse voting with you so there was obviously something to work with. Why call it a hasty vote?
Maybe it wasn't a bad vote because it did put some pressure on Bulbazeck, but I'm realizing I need to refresh my memory and I'm unvoting because I'm not as confident in that vote anymore. I kind of had this idea build up in my mind that Bulba is scum over the last night, and I probably should have actually taken time to look at the evidence.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:50 pm

Post by DeathNote »

In post 2677, Marquis wrote:Have you considered that your scumread on and intent to mislynch me might be why you're still alive?

Not sure who I'm voting today. Might be less active this weekend.
Sure but I doubt it. Mostly just because I don't think scum plan that far ahead as to keeping a certain person alive for lylo. Especially a scum team who is shooting people like Peregrine and UT....

Pre-Edit:
Yeah that one post of pressure really shook Bulbz to the core :roll:

So if Bulbz isn't scum, who is? Or are you still thinking he might be a good vote you just need to figure out why?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:52 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Is anyone familiar with RC's other game play that earned him his reputation, and what that play is like?

Curious how closely it tracks to his play this game.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:51 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2664, Bulbazak wrote:I'll be posting my response to Yates later when I don't have to worry about my computer crashing in the middle of writing a giant wall.
Looking forward to it.
In post 2668, Bulbazak wrote:[Yates]'s scum, and there's no inconsistancies to my reads, as my response will show.
Please be sure to hard commit to your "Yates is scum" case. I suspect it will be especially convincing given you have already voted and unvoted another player so early in the day phase. :igmeou:
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:59 am

Post by Yates »

It looks like today is the day Yates will have to prove his Towniness so let's get this show on the road...
In post 2669, DeathNote wrote:Leaning voting Ythan or Yates today honestly
Is this because you actually think we are scum or because you think the current surviving players will be willing to vote for us?
This would not have pinged as loudly for me if you had posted this before tman's read list in 2662.

I'm looking at your ISO and see nothing suggesting a case on me - like ever - yet you keep
saying
I might be scum or I could be scum and I keep ignoring it [mostly] because you never seem to back it up. And your impression of me seems to change based on how the rest of the game is reading me. I'm calling you out on this because I don't like it and it feels fake.

The first time you call me scummy is in post 2159 during the Yates-Marquis debate surrounding her "fake claim." And you vote me the next post when that's an easy/popular opinion. When I press you on it in post 2165 I am summarily ignored. Ultimately my wagon collapsed and I never really followed up on the people that voted me for no reason but that vote looks hella-opportunistic in retrospect.

Once that support goes away, I'm suddenly an afterthought scum read in post 2209? Really? I guess I was under the impression I was a super scum read from 2159 but since you never qualified your read nor quantified the strength of it, perhaps I'm being hyper-sensitive?

Oh wait. I'm not. Because suddenly you accuse me of being "a great vote too" in post 2599. So I guess I'm scum again? And what's crazy is that you claim your scum read is based on my "fluff posting back when
was pressuring a mason claim out of Marq" as if no new information ever came out between posts 1986 and 2598 - SPECIFICALLY post 2153 wherein Marquis herself reveals "Yates is really really right yet really really wrong" regarding my accusation of her fake claiming mason.

And finally in post 2636 "He is trying to state that he knew Marq wasn't a mason but that whole interaction that day phase just came off as him preparing to counter claim Mason if Marq was going to stick to her trololol fake claim." This is totally fake. How could you POSSIBLY hold this opinion?

My reason for questioning the above? THESE posts happened:
post 2141 "I *specifically* said I was *not* outting the mason and that
the mason had *NO NEED* to counter
."
post 2147 "I'm saying I can prove it
*without* the REAL mason needing to counter
."
post 2603 "I can show you why I [knew] Marquis isn't the mason: 'Marquis Im leaning scum' from poro"

In post 2674, DeathNote wrote:I mean... you say that but.... is [Marquis] really [Town]?
I mean, you know no one is going to vote Marquis, right? This post looks terrible and much like something I would expect to see from scum setting up their LYLO lynch. :igmeou:
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:07 am

Post by Yates »

This is kind of important - does ANYONE think scum intentionally no killed last night?
Please pm me to pre-in
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:41 am

Post by Elyse »

I'm voting Bulb because of RC.

Also this isn't strong at all but last time I played with Bulb he was town and was more all over the place and emotional. I realize it's only one game and he could've changed, etc. but it's something.

There are eight people alive, right?

How many scum are left? 1 or 2? How many scum are usually in a game this size?

If a PR can confirm someone I highly suggest claiming. But only if you can confirm someone.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:44 am

Post by Elyse »

I don't see why scum would purposely no kill with potential masons around...is there a chance they forgot to kill?

If we massclaim and find no PR that could have prevented the kill, then we could start looking at people who were inactive at the time. Just a thought.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:46 am

Post by DeathNote »

Wow that big 'ol post just because I said I was leaning voting you.

Interesting....

And yeah, I already stated that I wasn't going to vote Marq but that doesn't mean she is confirmed clear town which is what you seem to be implying.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:01 am

Post by Marquis »

In post 2683, Yates wrote:This is kind of important - does ANYONE think scum intentionally no killed last night?
link in bio
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:10 am

Post by DeathNote »

In post 2687, Marquis wrote:
In post 2683, Yates wrote:This is kind of important - does ANYONE think scum intentionally no killed last night?
I mean... maybe? We had a roleblocker/Joat/Doctor flip. I am not sure how many other protective roles there would be to prevent a kill. Maybe a bulletproof or something? Why is it so important?
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:29 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2686, DeathNote wrote:Interesting....
How is that "interesting?" You basically created a false dichotomy by claiming you'd vote Yates
or
Ythan and MYLO/LYLO is likely tomorrow. What would you expect?

And before you try to discredit my reaction by saying you were "leaning" towards us - use of the word "leaning" may as well be replaced with "intending." So let's just avoid the whole semantic argument please. It's been a long game and will just create clutter.
In post 2686, DeathNote wrote:I already stated that I wasn't going to vote Marq but that doesn't mean she is confirmed clear town
I get that. But it reads to me as "I'm not going to vote for Marquis
today
. And it's reinforced when you say things like "if I am put in some sort of 3 way lylo with her and anyone else, I am going to be hard pressed to not lynch her" in post 2676. So you see why I'm not loving this?

There are exactly two confirmed Town as far as I'm concerned - based on events - and Marquis is one of them. The other is the mason. I've known the identity of the mason LITERALLY since Poro's flip. And it's pretty obvious. And I could prove it in advance of the mason claim if I ever do live to mass claim stage. And that's part of why your accusation that I was "pressuring a mason claim out of Marq" rings as hollow.
In post 2688, DeathNote wrote:Why is it so important?
Maybe is not really a great answer to a yes/no question. What is your "gut" feeling on the matter? The importance is pretty obvious; a need to explain a no kill and possible answers to that result.
Please pm me to pre-in
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:43 am

Post by DeathNote »

So which is it then? If tomorrow is mylo/lylo, then that leaves us with two lynches left to find some scum. You seem to think that I set myself up to only lynch Yates/Ythan/Marq, but thats too many people. By the way, it is interesting because you are making a fuss just from me stating I am leaning lynching Yates.

Thats swell that you know who the Mason is, didn't ask.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:59 am

Post by Marquis »

In post 2662, tman2nd wrote:Oh! I wonder if that was a nk or something else.

So, I currently am town reading Elyse, Marquis, and Green Crayons pretty heavily. That leaves, Ythan, Deathnote, Bulzabeck, and Yates. Out of those, Bulbazeck seems like the best option. As, others have pointed out, there have been some inconsistencies with the way he has read people, so that's who I want to lynch today.

VOTE: Bulbazeck
Missed this.

VOTE: tman2nd

It sounds really fake and the reasoning for his vote seems too... mechanical.
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:00 am

Post by Marquis »

I suppose there is a possibility that scum no-killed.

If any PR has an action that could have stopped the kill, please claim though.
link in bio
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:08 am

Post by Elyse »

Can someone please answer my questions
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:07 am

Post by DeathNote »

Your questions are generic. Do you honestly want me to respond to how many players are left or how many scum are in games this size? They are either questions you can answer yourself by looking at the op (which needs to be updated) or they are setup speculation. I would assume 2 scum left but to hell if I know. Maybe there is a survivor or something? Is that balanced for normals? I don't know, I don't play them.

@Marq- what do you think of Tmans next couple of posts following his vote? He unvotes, does a bit of awkward backpedaling, and essentially starts blowing smoke for his reasoning.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by Elyse »

WAS THAT SO HARD
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:46 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2685, Elyse wrote:I don't see why scum would purposely no kill with potential masons around
Agreed. Plus Town PR's still in play. They are going to find themselves painted into a POE corner.
In post 2685, Elyse wrote:is there a chance they forgot to kill?
Highly doubtful. 48 hours is plenty of time to agree on 1/7 or 1/6 players - especially when there is Town consensus on 1 or 2 of them.
In post 2685, Elyse wrote:If we massclaim and find no PR that could have prevented the kill, then we could start looking at people who were inactive at the time.
I think this point is likely moot. Guess we'll see.
In post 2684, Elyse wrote:How many scum are left? 1 or 2?
Best guess is 2. I don't think 4 scum and a survivor makes a lot of sense. Ultimately, I guess it depends on the power of the last scum role/roles. RB and strongman are pretty powerful. Encryptor's strength depends on how much value you place on scum day talk. But even with that, 4/21 seems light.
Please pm me to pre-in
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:09 am

Post by tman2nd »

Yates is looking good to me. I'll do a read of his ISO and compare to what Bulba said. Speaking of which, where did Bulba go?
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:18 am

Post by Marquis »

In post 2694, DeathNote wrote:@Marq- what do you think of Tmans next couple of posts following his vote? He unvotes, does a bit of awkward backpedaling, and essentially starts blowing smoke for his reasoning.
I've already voted him. And by the looks of what you just said yourself after your question, you've already established an opinion regarding him, too. So vote.

Also, I'm assuming the silence about the no kill question means nobody else has any sort of explanation for the lack of death? Seriously, if you have anything, I'd
love
to hear it to calm my mind.
link in bio
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:23 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Vote: Tman