singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3275 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:52 am

Post by singersigner »

Oh! And thanks for modding, AP and N! Role PMs were pretty awesome/involved, if not some of the roles themselves. ;)
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3276 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:28 am

Post by Axxle »

I'm a bit disappointed that neither me nor mollie was scum.

Thanks for modding you guys, flavor was great! Thanks to the people who replaced in.

I had fun even though I was a bit overwhelmed at times and people didn't exactly explain themselves when asked.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3277 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:30 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Really impressive play by town. :)
green shirt thursdays
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #3278 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:52 am

Post by Porochaz »

Yeah I should say thanks for modding!!!
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3279 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:50 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 3272, xRECKONERx wrote:So mollie. Were you engaging in performance art
:neutral:
In post 3276, Axxle wrote:I'm a bit disappointed that neither me nor mollie was scum.
how did that happen :eek:

not like the reckoning at all
In post 3236, Tammy wrote:MOLLIE - Now that you see I was 100% town, I hope I fucking hope you realize the bats hit fucking bathsit behavior of your day one. Now that you can see I'm town, you can see that I wasn't actually trying to poke at some imaginary sore spot I have no fucking clue exists. I just legitimately thought your reading of the game was completely out of step. Your entire game was ohmyfuckinggod out of step and out of place.

I just fucking hope you understand that all that happened was I suspected you. I didn't try to bait you. Faraday and I didn't try to smear you. You just went apocalyptic on us, and it didn't have to be that way.

I don't want you to respond. I don't have any intention of speaking to you again. I just want you to understand that your fucking shit is unappreciated.
I have since talked to nacho and he agrees you were not initially trying to bait me. I had already pieced together that there was probably a misunderstanding happening like way earlier in the game and tried to move past it. <--- pretty sure I said this.

I pegged you as a pretty astute player and 1 who was able to pick up on fine nuances. the most common mistake I make in mafia games is that I hold players to static expectations (cheery is a good example of this) and not taking in the dynamic flow of a game once I get knocked off track.

kudos to you for correctly identifying that I struggle with word problems and technical info. I bet it is cos you are a teacher and able to see these things yeah? it is why when some1 tries to hand me directions to a game I will say, "I am not going to understand this, will you plz explain this to me?". what is weird is that I did this at the reckoning right down to where I was asking people to explain to me how to work my camera. (thx kise. I got it!)

I didn't like the passive aggression. I didn't like how once we should have moved on you clearly weren't. <--- it made me stupidly paranoid.

it took me a bit to wrap my head around as to why you got offended by the bigger bitch comment or why a mod needed to say something when there was a lot more insulting things being bandied about. "the bigger bitch" is a turn of phrase usually meaning "hey this person can outmean me. I fold." it means you can be alpha idc blah blah blah. where I come from the bigger bitch is kind of a compliment so I was genuinely puzzled by your reaction.

there were a lot of weird things that happened during this game.

anyways thanks for the game mods
whew!
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3280 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:54 am

Post by ActionDan »

Possibly the closest I've come to outright throwing a game
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3281 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:57 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 3280, ActionDan wrote:Possibly the closest I've come to outright throwing a game
why?
whew!
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3282 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:58 am

Post by Faraday »

i definitely probably tried to smear mollie!

actiondan's role was super powerful too, so so him dying and not trying to out a powerrole on the way down turned out to be pretty bad for scum
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3283 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:15 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 3282, Faraday wrote:i definitely probably tried to smear mollie!
you don't say

no hard feelings on my part tho
actiondan's role was super powerful too, so so him dying and not trying to out a powerrole on the way down turned out to be pretty bad for scum
I don't think that town gave a lot of room for scum to hide in hindsight.
whew!
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3284 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:27 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3282, Faraday wrote:i definitely probably tried to smear mollie!

I am so disappointed that Dan couldn't make anyone the question master. I wanted to watch the chaos
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3285 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:30 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

*shrug*, no ofc not, i was confident in the 2 reads I was pushing both days and didn't want town getting distracted with cheery or waffles (partic waffles who I thought you were just ridiculously misreading, but it was mutual so). you looked town but it felt like you just obviously weren't paying enough attention to the game

pedit: and lol,yeah, just give it to an active player like us and it'd be super annoying
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3286 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:59 am

Post by ActionDan »

Meh I had to use busdrive first
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #3287 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:59 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Oh yes, I forgot to say earlier: Thanks so much to the mods! I really enjoyed all the flavour.

Apologies for flaking - one of those where if I'd checked the site before a shift rather than afterwards I would have been able to stay in and catch up but, of course, my own fault for the interim and so on. Despite the drama, I enjoyed having the chance to play with all of you again and hope to do it again sooner rather than later. Thank you for lynching Pie like I was getting around to asking.
#greenshirtthursdays
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #3288 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:12 am

Post by Glork »

Well we got kinda dicked over by a role that couldn't win before N4 at the earliest. I still disagree with killing a survivor until absolutely necessary. Anyone who knows me/singer even a tiny bit knows that we'd never willingly choose to side with the scums. Like I said, both of my survivor games in the past, I won by being honest and siding with the town, but I should've known better with this player list. Too many paranoid theory crafters, not enough cooperative players.

Oh well. Grats to the town, that was clearly very well-deserved. :)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3289 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:47 am

Post by Axxle »

The doc part of your claim was complete bullshit which brought into question how much of the rest of your claim was true.

Sure it was a difficult role to win with but town dealt with it as they should have.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #3290 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:48 am

Post by Ythan »

Maybe I should have called dibs before it went to night.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3291 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:28 am

Post by singersigner »

It wasn't just difficult. I hope you realize it was virtually impossible. Look at the breakdown of the role I did in the dead qt. We were way more likely to independently lose no matter which side won even if we did survive to endgame with either alignment.

Sure the doc part was bullshit but so was the fact that cult was in our name. We never could've fullclaimed in a 100% honest way with that.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #3292 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:49 am

Post by Glork »

In post 3289, Axxle wrote:The doc part of your claim was complete bullshit which brought into question how much of the rest of your claim was true.

Sure it was a difficult role to win with but town dealt with it as they should have.
Okay you obviously didn't even pay attention to either the role or the game. A large majority of the town thought our claim was at least mostly true, including the doc part and our alignment. Maybe you personally doubted it, but please speak for YOURSELF, not the town as a whole.

Secondly, I'm not saying the town was wrong to kill us from a theory/strategy standpoint. I'm saying I wish they'd taken meta into account because both our play style AND past examples show that leaving
Triforce
alive would probably benefit the town more than not.

Thirdly, you're obviously not considering the difficulty in winning with the role, considering the mods and most of the players agree that it was an exceediy difficult role to play, even without being run up to a claim D1. (See Nuwen's earlier post about our role.)

I don't want to hear it, Axxle. I'm bitter because I felt we had no legitimate shot at winning without he town throwing us a bone, and the town didn't throw us a bone. I don't care if you personally thought the town played correctly, I care that we were legit fucked from the moment we got our role PM. Given the town won by the end of Day Three,
no matter who got the role or how they played, it was impossible to win this game because not enough people could be green shirted before the town won
. That is an indisputable fact.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #3293 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:17 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 3292, Glork wrote:I don't want to hear it, Axxle. I'm bitter because I felt we had no legitimate shot at winning without he town throwing us a bone, and the town didn't throw us a bone. I don't care if you personally thought the town played correctly, I care that we were legit fucked from the moment we got our role PM. Given the town won by the end of Day Three,
no matter who got the role or how they played, it was impossible to win this game because not enough people could be green shirted before the town won
. That is an indisputable fact.
pretty sure axxle's intention wasn't to insult your collective play so chill a bit and also no it's not?

The role is VERY difficult to win with compared to the other roles in the game (I'd say definitely less than 25% chance of winning and I'd guess a significant amount less than that) but it wasn't impossible to win with. You guys claimed on day 1 with only 5 votes on you with 9 to lynch (cus iecerint), and ate two vig bullets that could have hit town instead largely because of it.

Had those bullets hit say Reck and someone else instead then the pie lynch may have been a mislynch or cheery or mollie could have been lynched the day after instead of eagle since they were so close to being lynched as well or a bunch of other little variations that turn into bigger ones as the game goes on, and your role would have had longer to fufill its win condition. You did get pretty fucked by having that role when your hydra as players draw a lot of attention just by playing normally and the frustration is really understandable given the sheer improbability of winning but you are exaggerating a little bit here.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3294 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by Mina »

Well done, guys! I was pretty checked out for much of it--I spent more effort leaving convoluted breadcrumbs for a role I didn't actually have than scumhunting, and don't think I did any rereading past D2--but not going to argue with a perfect victory. It does feel like the scum all rolled over and died under pressure, though.

Triforce, FWIW, we thought you'd probably stick to your word (unless you were left alive to LYLO), but it didn't matter given that half the game was screaming for your head. If we'd left you alive, you'd have been lynched D2 by the "RAWR, LYNCH ALL THIRD PARTIES!!!" brigade, and no real scumhunting would occur that day. If you weren't lynched D2, then yet more time would be wasted the following day. And scum could attack you to look busy.

I was also tempted to use your "doctor protect" to guarantee the accuracy of the weak neighbourize (my suggesting that plan D1 was a pretty big PR tell, by the way), but thought there was too much of a risk you'd lie or one of us would be roleblocked. Also, I KNEW the doctor part sounded fishy. :P
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3295 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:20 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Wait wait wait...

I shot myself?
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3296 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:15 am

Post by ~Jordan` »

I'm very sorry.
I slipped up very early on, and got demoralized with the rest of the team. And then life got intense. :(
kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #3297 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:18 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 3295, DeathNote wrote:Wait wait wait...

I shot myself?
yeeaaahhhh

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”