Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:44 am

Post by Moratorium »

In post 361, Xayzeck wrote:I'm usually against lynching lurkers, and wait for the mod to replace them.

But since they haven't been replaced yet, and the day's ending, I don't particularly care who we lynch.

I lean thatguy tho
"I hate lynching lurkers. Let's lynch this lurker."
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:45 am

Post by Moratorium »

stop distracting me xayzeck
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:46 am

Post by Xayzeck »

I leant thatguy, yes, but I never pushed for his lynch. Stop twisting please
GMT+8
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:52 am

Post by Wolfy »

In post 452, Xayzeck wrote:I leant thatguy, yes, but I never pushed for his lynch. Stop twisting please
I had the same leaning without pushing so I can relate to this...

Who are you going to push to lynch though Xayzeck? Are you prepared to lynch Mala?
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:55 am

Post by Xayzeck »

not really. I followed Newbie 1483, which she was in, so that's why I knew her townplay. Her play seems pretty similar here, and she was town in that game. I have yet to read a scumgame of hers, so I don't know how much they differ. I'm not exactly an expert in metareads too.

But honestly though, I haven't been following the game very well. I'll ISO her and read the more recent pages, but as of right now i'm not really up for her lynch

UNVOTE:
GMT+8
Jcozmo
Jcozmo
Townie
Jcozmo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:00 am

Post by Jcozmo »

In post 447, Moratorium wrote:
Why Mala over Xayzeck?
Because she's the Wolfy/BBT false dilemma originator (#214)
Valid point.

Because "We can either have a doc or a BP." after a cop claim seems like a scumslip.
I think this seems more like a mistake to me, the whole matrix scenario round-about I felt was a dead end with nothing to be learned, JMO though.

Because no reads, no scumhunting all day.
She did offer reads at one point before the wagon started, earlier than Xayzeck.

Because wifom arguments and "woe is me I'm terrible Day 1" instead of, you know, participation.
Because now, here, at the cusp of death, suddenly scumhunting, on a target with barely any posts, for bad reasons.
Valid, however I'm not sure that others here would not react similarly if put at L-1 at this point

Xayzeck is probably still in my top three (shinobi). Don't like him because of that meta-read on RVS stage and lurker-lynching mentality.
My responses in bold above. Agree on Xayzeck, are you meaning that you have Shinobi as the other in your top 3? I tend to lean that way as well.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:06 am

Post by Malakittens »

Gah so was going to have this wait until work or break but I can't but having to stop my thoughts every 2 mins is kinda annoying, grrrr work~

Okay so a newly finished SE newbie game:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=39723

Almost everything majority of this wagon is accusing me here was what I was accused of there. No reads, lurking and not enough activity.

@Shin:

I have never played with Enomis before. I meta'd him because his introduction felt weird, fake and not genuine.

~

I don't know how posted saying the argument I am accusing Enomis of is WIFOM but it's not. The Jedi mind trick to counter my argument is WIFOM. We can't prove if he's telling the truth.

~

Also wolfy or BbT(don't know which one of you it was) I am suspicious of Enomis because of his entry reads into the games. You didn't like me not using new Informstion for reads and now that I have used new information coming out ALONG with the new I'm still losing an unwinable fight. I don't know what you're expecting me to say; seems like everyone is just cemeted that I'm scum (which I'm not and my flip will prove it)

Also to say I don't like being scum and that it's showing is conf bias. You haven't seen my scum game either by reading up at it so you don't even know how I would play as scum. I can give you first hand meta on recent games so you can actually look at it and see there's a DIFFERENCE between my play as town/scum. I have never once boasted to say I am stellar at either alignment. I know my wrappings to both and sure I'm trying to improve on both but it's not going to be instant. My weakest point as town is not having a strong day 1 and my weakest point as scum is trying to stay active.

~

Also I find it odd how everyone is scum reading me mostly so either I'm the most bussable player ever or I'm actually town with a scum driven wagon on me. With scum going 'Chcoocococ easy day 1 mislynch'

~

I'm liking thatguy2 replacement. So he's town.

My reads list looks like this:

Town:

Shinobi
Person who claimed cop and name I can't remember because they barely ever post.

Null-leaning town:

Mora

Null-leanin scum;

Wolfy

Scum:

Bbt
Xayz
Enomis
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Jcozmo
Jcozmo
Townie
Jcozmo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:07 am

Post by Jcozmo »

In post 448, Xayzeck wrote:
In post 444, Jcozmo wrote:I'll still definitely listening to anyone who feels like taking the time to convince me otherwise, but at the moment my vote is Xayzeck. That seems like the lowest hanging scum-fruit to me. I dont see the case for Mala being that strong.

VOTE: Xayzeck
Why can't I be low hanging fruit as town? May I know why you are scumreading me? If you're confident in mescum, who would my buddy be and why?
I just feel overall, if you are looking at what on Day 1, a town is trying to accomplish and what a scum would be trying to accomplish, your posts lean (to me) decidedly towards the latter. And I know that while Wolfy was more in the role of lynch-the-lurker ring leader (noted), it seemed like you may have seen an opportunity there and attempted to capitalize on it.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:08 am

Post by Xayzeck »

@mala: You're scumreading half the playerlist? Can you narrow it down a little more?
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:10 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 457, Jcozmo wrote:it seemed like you may have seen an opportunity there and attempted to capitalize on it
opportunity to lynch lurkers? I do recall saying that lynching lurkers would be a good idea after BBT did the paragraph on it, but I have yet to push for a lynch or a lurker for reasons I believe I have said before.

Am I misunderstanding you here?
GMT+8
Jcozmo
Jcozmo
Townie
Jcozmo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:12 am

Post by Jcozmo »

In post 457, Jcozmo wrote:
In post 448, Xayzeck wrote:
In post 444, Jcozmo wrote:I'll still definitely listening to anyone who feels like taking the time to convince me otherwise, but at the moment my vote is Xayzeck. That seems like the lowest hanging scum-fruit to me. I dont see the case for Mala being that strong.

VOTE: Xayzeck
Why can't I be low hanging fruit as town? May I know why you are scumreading me? If you're confident in mescum, who would my buddy be and why?
I just feel overall, if you are looking at what on Day 1, a town is trying to accomplish and what a scum would be trying to accomplish, your posts lean (to me) decidedly towards the latter. And I know that while Wolfy was more in the role of lynch-the-lurker ring leader (noted), it seemed like you may have seen an opportunity there and attempted to capitalize on it.
Correction - Wolfy was not ring leader for lynch the lurker - Just another that seemed to be nudging the wagon like Xayzeck.
Jcozmo
Jcozmo
Townie
Jcozmo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:16 am

Post by Jcozmo »

In post 459, Xayzeck wrote:
In post 457, Jcozmo wrote:it seemed like you may have seen an opportunity there and attempted to capitalize on it
opportunity to lynch lurkers? I do recall saying that lynching lurkers would be a good idea after BBT did the paragraph on it, but I have yet to push for a lynch or a lurker for reasons I believe I have said before.

Am I misunderstanding you here?
Are you misunderstanding me? No, not really. What I read was BBT making some points (which in context the no-shows were really hurting the game at the time) about lynching a lurker, and then rather quickly two others (yourself and wolfy) started to nudge that cart down the hill.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:21 am

Post by Xayzeck »

Ah, I see. How does that affect your read on me? Why would it contribute to a scumread?
GMT+8
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:23 am

Post by Moratorium »

In post 444, Jcozmo wrote: I just feel overall, if you are looking at what on Day 1, a town is trying to accomplish and what a scum would be trying to accomplish, your posts lean (to me) decidedly towards the latter. And I know that while Wolfy was more in the role of lynch-the-lurker ring leader (noted), it seemed like you may have seen an opportunity there and attempted to capitalize on it.
I'll still definitely listening to anyone who feels like taking the time to convince me otherwise, but at the moment my vote is Xayzeck. That seems like the lowest hanging scum-fruit to me. I dont see the case for Mala being that strong.
If you are looking for a hyper-analyzed report for each read I have this will be disappointing, because I won't have that.... I read this game thread in context and then followed up by reviewing ISO's to confirm or change my "gut" feel on specific people. This is where my initial reads have come from from.
....*stare*....

Hi there, Jcozmo. I see you've joined our little game of Mafia here. Welcome! I'm sure glad that you were able to replace in and get rid of that other lurking player whose name I conveniently forget at the moment. Say, would you care to step over here a moment and discuss a thing? I promise it will be short and to the point.

So, I see you've voted for Xayzeck. Hey, man, that's cool, he's all evil and shit, that's probably a super good move and you're probably a super smooth guy for doing it. So here's the thing.. it's just a little thing, it knaws at me, but it's little, it's a triffle, I'm sure you can explain it all away and I'll go back to driving the MalaMobile down this bigass black tunnel to D2-LynchMoraVille.

Um... all those words you used up there? See those grey boxes like? Those words.... they don't mean anything. It's literally a big bunch of no information whatsoever.... so.... is there any chance that, you know, quote a thing? One thing... anything! A thing that Xayzeck says that kinda backs up the whole grey boxes of shitwords you've got going on up there?

I'd hate to use a word like... uh... "evidence"... because then I wouldn't hear the end of it from... someone....

But yeah....
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:25 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 458, Xayzeck wrote:@mala: You're scumreading half the playerlist? Can you narrow it down a little more?
If I had to pick probably Enomis and one of BBT/wolfy. Idk my gut is just saying one of the latter are scum and I'm trusting my gut on that, tbh.

One of your latest post kinda makes sense in retrospect with your defense and you following that game.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:32 am

Post by Xayzeck »

Why am I suddenly not in the list when I was at the bottom of your list?
GMT+8
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:36 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 463, Moratorium wrote:
I'd hate to use a word like... uh... "evidence"... because then I wouldn't hear the end of it from... someone....

But yeah....
Welcome to the dark side my friend. Evidence is all we got.
In post 464, Malakittens wrote:
In post 458, Xayzeck wrote:@mala: You're scumreading half the playerlist? Can you narrow it down a little more?
If I had to pick probably Enomis and one of BBT/wolfy. Idk my gut is just saying one of the latter are scum and I'm trusting my gut on that, tbh.

One of your latest post kinda makes sense in retrospect with your defense and you following that game.
Wow, a complete u-turn on Xayzeck is that? Xayzeck defends you, not looking for lynch. Lynch is looking likely, you make u-turn on
your partner
Xayzeck and pick new guy plus still either me or Wolfy.

Is your last act to clear your partner in crime?

I need to see this flip.
Jcozmo
Jcozmo
Townie
Jcozmo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:53 am

Post by Jcozmo »

In post 463, Moratorium wrote:
In post 444, Jcozmo wrote: I just feel overall, if you are looking at what on Day 1, a town is trying to accomplish and what a scum would be trying to accomplish, your posts lean (to me) decidedly towards the latter. And I know that while Wolfy was more in the role of lynch-the-lurker ring leader (noted), it seemed like you may have seen an opportunity there and attempted to capitalize on it.
I'll still definitely listening to anyone who feels like taking the time to convince me otherwise, but at the moment my vote is Xayzeck. That seems like the lowest hanging scum-fruit to me. I dont see the case for Mala being that strong.
If you are looking for a hyper-analyzed report for each read I have this will be disappointing, because I won't have that.... I read this game thread in context and then followed up by reviewing ISO's to confirm or change my "gut" feel on specific people. This is where my initial reads have come from from.
....*stare*....

Hi there, Jcozmo. I see you've joined our little game of Mafia here. Welcome! I'm sure glad that you were able to replace in and get rid of that other lurking player whose name I conveniently forget at the moment. Say, would you care to step over here a moment and discuss a thing? I promise it will be short and to the point.

So, I see you've voted for Xayzeck. Hey, man, that's cool, he's all evil and shit, that's probably a super good move and you're probably a super smooth guy for doing it. So here's the thing.. it's just a little thing, it knaws at me, but it's little, it's a triffle, I'm sure you can explain it all away and I'll go back to driving the MalaMobile down this bigass black tunnel to D2-LynchMoraVille.

Um... all those words you used up there? See those grey boxes like? Those words.... they don't mean anything. It's literally a big bunch of no information whatsoever.... so.... is there any chance that, you know, quote a thing? One thing... anything! A thing that Xayzeck says that kinda backs up the whole grey boxes of shitwords you've got going on up there?

But yeah....
I like your sense of humor, its right up my alley. Well for the most part, you're right in that I'm not saying a whole lot specifically. There are two things with regards to Xayzeck, bear with me because I'm going to start off with some more "meaningless" bullshit.

1. In general his posts are seemingly there to distract, throw out bread crumbs in random directions. He's not trying to outright lead any wagons, and he's not furthering the investigation in any way that I can see. If forced I guess I'll end up getting quotes, but its right there in the ISO for anyone to see what I mean.

2. If you demand a specific incident the best I've got is that when BBT went ahead and made the case for lynching the lurker, he seemed to like that idea. And that luke warm nudge was pretty much the strongest push he has made towards lynching
anyone
to this point. That does not seem very "towny" to me, 18-19 pages into the game.

No, it isn't a case I'd be bringing to any courtroom. But I'm not sold on Mala's case being scummier.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:29 am

Post by Wolfy »

In post 456, Malakittens wrote:...Also to say I don't like being scum and that it's showing is conf bias.
So, just to clarify - are you saying you have never expressed preference for town roles over scum?
and, what does "conf bias" mean?
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:45 am

Post by Moratorium »

She's saying you are expressing Confirmation Bias.

Which is a concept she's taking from Xayzeck in post #449, 7 posts prior to hers.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:50 am

Post by Wolfy »

In post 469, Moratorium wrote:She's saying you are expressing Confirmation Bias.

Which is a concept she's taking from Xayzeck in post #449, 7 posts prior to hers.
Ah! Exactly what she is doing with the "one of BBT/Wolfy is scum" thing which she has been running with since
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:52 am

Post by Moratorium »

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:54 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 468, Wolfy wrote:
In post 456, Malakittens wrote:...Also to say I don't like being scum and that it's showing is conf bias.
So, just to clarify - are you saying you have never expressed preference for town roles over scum?
and, what does "conf bias" mean?
Derp, that's exactly what I stated in my post. There's a huge difference between my scum and town play. If you see me prod dodging and getting prodded there's a huge chance I'm scum. If you are activity I'm likely town.

Here's my last four completed games two of each alignment:

Town:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=39723

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=43300

Scum:

Sorry hydras!

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39495

I'm in eagle kit and did sign.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36072

In chamber of kittens and didn't really sign.

I can after work find solo scum games, but I been rolling scum in my hydra games more often than not >>

~

Go for it lynch me. I'm town, just please refer back to my reads in my previous posts.~
I'm actually kinda sick of no body rethinking their read and that I could possibly be town. It's frankly discouraging, annoying and I'm not going to harp on new information if you guys aren't goin to listen.

JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:02 am

Post by JacobSavage »

Votecount 1.8

Malakittens [3]:
Wolfy, BlueBloodedToffee, Moratorium

Xayzeck [2]:
enomis, Jcozmo

enomis [1]:
Malakittens

No Lynch [1]:
Mafia Moderator

Not Voting [2]: Shinob, Xayzeck

With 9 alive it takes
to lynch[/i]

Deadline on the 27rdApril at 0900 BST ((expired on 2014-04-27 09:00:00))
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:04 am

Post by Moratorium »

Malakittens wrote:There's a huge difference between my scum and town play. If you see me prod dodging and getting prodded there's a huge chance I'm scum. If you are activity I'm likely town.

Code: Select all

Micro 7, scum				              2nd highest poster, not prodded
Mini 1344, scum                        2nd highest poster, prodded early D1
Mini 1387, scum				            5th highest poster, not prodded
Micro 66, scum				             4th highest poster, not prodded
Open 425, scum                         5th highest poster, prodded early D1
Newbie 1309, scum			             3rd highest poster, not prodded
Mini 1420, scum				            replaced in, not prodded

This game				                  4th highest poster, not prodded

These are the scum games on your wiki. Your record does not correlate with your statement.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”