Mini 1566: Lunar Silver Star Story Complete (Game Over)

sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:52 am

Post by sangres »

In post 988, Kdub wrote:
In post 964, sangres wrote:My initial thought was also to ask for a claim so that Jake would be forced into claiming a specific role: I think town motivation behind asking for someone to expand upon a PR claim is pretty fucking obvious and not completely and totally scum motivated like you're pretending it must be.

I also think you know that, but have decided to take this line of attack because it sounds awkward and you think you have a decent line of attack as scum.
That's a fine reason to ask Jake for a claim if you are town, but
that wasn't the reason HS gave
. I'm not saying town motivation can't exist, I'm saying that the line of reasoning HS took was not town-motivated. Your argument here is irrelevant to what he actually posted, which you decided to ignore for some reason and instead ascribed some hypothetical town-motivated reasoning to his actions.

Which sangres head am I talking to BTW? Are you both in agreement about your reads on HS/SMP/me?
He gave the reasoning that he wanted to see if anyone counter claimed. I think the intent is the same: PR claim is no risk for scum!Jake, forcing him to claim a specific role is added risk for scum!Jake. Do you seriously not see that?

We are in agreement about our reads.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:52 am

Post by sangres »

In post 989, Jake from State Farm wrote:I have no problem with an SMP lynch, I am just very leery that a last minute scramble is taking place to save shroom. Both of them are on my scum list so i'm really confused by Sangres's scramble
We think one of them is scum while the other is not. What is hard to understand about this?
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:54 am

Post by sangres »

In post 993, Jake from State Farm wrote:yeah I am but I already said I will just take a long shower if shroom does flip town.

you haven't done a good job convincing me why kdub was scum anyway, i am more leery with smp/mac being on the wagon than I am with kdub
I won't take a long shower when shroom flips town.
I will be sad because we mislynched for no fucking reason.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:55 am

Post by sangres »

In post 989, Jake from State Farm wrote:I have no problem with an SMP lynch, I am just very leery that a last minute scramble is taking place to save shroom. Both of them are on my scum list so i'm really confused by Sangres's scramble
ffery head answering this two. You should know pretty well by now that I don't sit on my hands and say yeah why not when someone I'm townreading is being run up.

I argued against your lynch repeatedly, including arguing with my hydra partner, in the buzzword bingo game all the while you were undermining my credibility, calling me a liar, and even voting me.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:56 am

Post by sangres »

What's the big deal of voting SMP over Shroom if you believe both to be scum?
1) Sketchy people are voting Shroom, meaning either A) they're bussing and don't mind losing him, or B) it's a mislynch.
2) People are toe reading Shroom. No one is town reading SMP.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:57 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 845, Antihero wrote:
In post 836, Kdub wrote:You don't find it even the least bit sketchy that HS asked Jake for a role claim at the point that he did? I could get into why his reasons for asking for the claim were crap as well, but let's just start on this point for now.
context: shroom was pushing jake and jake already softclaimed.
looking at the ISO, it looks a lot more like shroom thinks he's calling jake's bluff rather than just straight up role fishing out of nowhere.

fun exercise:
assume shroom is scum and jake's town. why would shroom ask for a counterclaim? he knew he wouldn't get one.

kdub's case makes a lot less sense considering the context.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:59 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 999, Antihero wrote:
In post 997, Jake from State Farm wrote:you just confused me with this post
i'm confused about your whole case

so... shroom backs out of a push on his buddy...why? what's the idea behind that?
didn't want to lose a buddy day 1? It's kind of deflating to loose a buddy day 1 of a game.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:00 am

or he felt like I was the easier target so tried to get people to wagon me? He doesn't ever vote me until after I vote SMP

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:04 am

Post by Antihero »

what's the point of bussing in the first place then?

the newb bussing "old school" fantasy is that one scum will lead the lynch on the buddy and then that's enough town cred to carry them for the whole game
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:08 am

ask people who bus what the point is

in the end I see no town motivation behind any of his actions, including the whole asking me to claim thing which you keep trying to brush off like that isn't a big deal

sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:09 am

Post by sangres »

We've talked about that plenty, you haven't addressed any of it,
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:10 am

Post by sangres »

Additionally:
In post 1004, sangres wrote:What's the big deal of voting SMP over Shroom if you believe both to be scum?
1) Sketchy people are voting Shroom, meaning either A) they're bussing and don't mind losing him, or B) it's a mislynch.
2) People are toe reading Shroom. No one is town reading SMP.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:14 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1009, Jake from State Farm wrote:ask people who bus what the point is
it's to get town cred from pushing a buddy's lynch. the whole idea being that the buddy will flip (which requires them to ... you know... die).
in the end I see no town motivation behind any of his actions, including the whole asking me to claim thing which you keep trying to brush off like that isn't a big deal
separate your ego from the situation and it becomes easier

town motivation: the person you think is scum softclaims. you call bullshit because it's easy for a scumbag to diffuse a wagon with a vague softclaim.
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Goon
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:17 am

Post by Hello Kitty Creampuff »

What the fuck...

deadline timer?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:18 am

1. talked about what that I haven't addressed.

2. the big deal is deadline is 10 hours away and 1 needs 1 more to lynch and the other needs 4 more to lynch and I don't think there is enough time

3. plus the lack of attempt to get a smp wagon started before deadline day is very odd, where was this push yesterday or wednesday? it's odd

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:19 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1012, Antihero wrote:separate your ego from the situation and it becomes easier
by the way, this is why kdub is scum. i can see you getting wrapped up in "he's asking me to claim, ROLEFISHER" because it's against you and it's hard to be objective about people attacking you.

kdub continues to pull this thread even though sangres and i have repeatedly talked about this and it's really not that hard to understand. it's an untenable position, kdub knows it but he's pushing it anyway because he needs those mislynches

...and guess who else is using the "rolefishing" angle?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:25 am

In post 1012, Antihero wrote:it's to get town cred from pushing a buddy's lynch. the whole idea being that the buddy will flip (which requires them to ... you know... die).
right but town cred from a day 1 scum lynch only lasts so long and that expiration date is before lylo
In post 1012, Antihero wrote:town motivation: the person you think is scum softclaims. you call bullshit because it's easy for a scumbag to diffuse a wagon with a vague softclaim.
well day 1 I don't lynch any PR even if I think that person is scum so if my top scum suspect soft claimed i'd probably keep calling him scum and leave him be til day 2 but I'm literally the only person I know who has a do not lynch a claimed PR on day 1 rule since I see so many PRs being lynched day 1.

It's not good play, it's not optimal play, and it certainly isn't town play to force a person to claim just because, especially if that person isn't near a lynch which I wasn't.

If he didn't believe my soft claim he could have kept trying to convince people to vote me, the only reason why he was voting me in the first place was because I voted SMP. Isn't that something like a chainsaw or something? Why attack SMP's attacker? why hard defend SMP when he out right called SMP scum in an earlier post?

none of that is town motivation

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:25 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1014, Jake from State Farm wrote:3. plus the lack of attempt to get a smp wagon started before deadline day is very odd, where was this push yesterday or wednesday? it's odd
why is it "odd"? we've been talking about shroom for a while now so don't act like this shroom townread is something new
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:32 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1016, Jake from State Farm wrote:right but town cred from a day 1 scum lynch only lasts so long and that expiration date is before lylo
right. which is exactly why i called it a fantasy. newbscum (and some not-so-newbscum) don't seem to agree, though. don't believe me? go to mastin's MD thread about bussing and see how many pooh-poohers he got (spoiler: it's not zero)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31660
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Goon
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:32 am

In post 890, Hello Kitty Creampuff wrote:
In post 876, Antihero wrote:so... what?

i'll take aj, kdub, or aegor
Kdub, Dan, and maybe bro Outside of Jake. I'll try and expand when I get home

Why is Shroom at L-1? that's Skeevy as fuck and I honestly don't see why so many people are scum-reading him when he knows that he was blatantly actively lurking, yet didn't seem to even care about what people thought about it, and has become an incredibly easy target for scum to push, nor can I see how so many townies are missing that as I seriously doubt that the wagon is majorly scum-composed

Similarly, I'm opposed to joining the SMP wagon for similar reasons. I don't see why his bad posts are scummy, I just see them I bad. I definitely won't be sheeping the cases that, I don't even agree with.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:33 am

In post 1017, Antihero wrote:why is it "odd"? we've been talking about shroom for a while now so don't act like this shroom townread is something new
cause it feels desperate

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:35 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1016, Jake from State Farm wrote:well day 1 I don't lynch any PR even if I think that person is scum so if my top scum suspect soft claimed i'd probably keep calling him scum and leave him be til day 2 but I'm literally the only person I know who has a do not lynch a claimed PR on day 1 rule since I see so many PRs being lynched day 1.
that's
you

that's
your
personal style

town tunnelers can blow through softclaims (even fullclaims) if their suspicions are strong enough
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:36 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1020, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 1017, Antihero wrote:why is it "odd"? we've been talking about shroom for a while now so don't act like this shroom townread is something new
cause it feels desperate
that's because it is

we're watching scumbag kdub completely get away with a mislynch and it's maddening
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:39 am

Post by sangres »

In post 1019, Hello Kitty Creampuff wrote:
In post 890, Hello Kitty Creampuff wrote:
In post 876, Antihero wrote:so... what?

i'll take aj, kdub, or aegor
Kdub, Dan, and maybe bro Outside of Jake. I'll try and expand when I get home

Why is Shroom at L-1? that's Skeevy as fuck and I honestly don't see why so many people are scum-reading him when he knows that he was blatantly actively lurking, yet didn't seem to even care about what people thought about it, and has become an incredibly easy target for scum to push, nor can I see how so many townies are missing that as I seriously doubt that the wagon is majorly scum-composed

Similarly, I'm opposed to joining the SMP wagon for similar reasons. I don't see why his bad posts are scummy, I just see them I bad. I definitely won't be sheeping the cases that, I don't even agree with.
So SMP is town because...?
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Goon
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:41 am

people are calling him scum for anti-town reasons, non-alignment indicative reasons, and "meta" that isn't really even meta

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”