NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3050 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:43 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3042, SiX wrote:Just a small question, is there a possibility with 2 mafia factions, 1 mafia faction shoots every even round and the other every odd round?
The reason for this is Yates (first vote) on Mastin2, and Yates + AP's interactions. May be a Yates - AP team and a Mastin - X team?
In every game I'e ever seen with multifactions, the scum teams had different names and different flip colors.

I thought I read in the setup post that all the configurations were one each (at most) of mafia and werewolf, and potentially a small number of SKs.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3051 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:43 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3042, SiX wrote:Just a small question, is there a possibility with 2 mafia factions, 1 mafia faction shoots every even round and the other every odd round?
The reason for this is Yates (first vote) on Mastin2, and Yates + AP's interactions. May be a Yates - AP team and a Mastin - X team?
Even though flavor doesn't/shouldn't matter, werewolves don't usually "shoot". That was one reason I asked Snork about his wording.

Snork+SiX+Ffery makes way more sense. 2 false positives puts more WIFOM into a Gunsmith role.

Still contend 2 scum left.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3052 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:44 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

I'm slightly less sold on PA than I was at the start of the day but I still think shes an okay cop/lynch target.

Other than that ff is useless since shes claiming gun.

Out of Egg ThAd DG and SS id probably choose 1 of DG and SS.

But again it seems like im the only one seeing thad town so i dont care. cop thad.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3053 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:46 am

Post by fferyllt »

useless? you mean as a gunsmith target?

I try to be at least a little better than useless in games!

Idic
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3054 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:46 am

Post by Egg »

Yeah he definitely should shoot if he has shots left. All it does is eliminate someone from the lynch pool if he hits town. It's basically an extra lynch without the NKs in between.

Snork, nah. An innocent result may not be as good as a guilty but it still helps a ton. And shooting Six tonight is probably dumb because he should eat your death and him being uncountered for his kill basically confirms him anyway. I'd also take Deas off that list until we have reason to suspect your innocents may be do good. I like a shot at either Damon or ThAd and if we haven't ended this game yet, we enter tomorrow with the clearest possible picture. Actually if ff and snork, coordinate with one of them targetting Damon and the other targetting ThAd, we should be good. We should be safe doing that because if scum had a RB, they'd have used it on Snork last night.

Preview edit: we've been over this. The Mod told us all pregame in those first posts everyone is supposed to read that 2 mafia groups is not a possible setup.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3055 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:48 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 3046, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 3038, TheWayItEnds wrote:Especially since I'm reasonably sure that PV flips red.
You are so wrong that I'm surprised you haven't imploded.
Yeah I remember AP saying how wrong my read on him was too.

Its just amazing that I've been calling you scum since day 2 and your exemplary play today hasnt changed my mind.

ff:
Yes I mean useless as a gunsmith target. That was supposed to show up right after my post to snork but i sorta got p-edited 7 times or something.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3056 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:50 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3049, Snork wrote:Well, I just want to understand the foundation of the town read. I have personally been extremely conflicted about his slot. Day 2 I really felt he might be town, but his flip on Nero was odd, combined with his D1 play, and his disappearance today, as well as the idea that we now are looking at 2 mafia left, making Yates et al bussing him more plausible, he's probably not a bad option.

PV - if we're wrong, what are your reads, investigation choices, vig choices?
Quick and dirty, since replace-ins are throwing me off.

Nominally cleared
bjc
Snork -GUNSMITH
Doc Holliday
pisskop
TheWayItEnds- NO GUN
aptil
SiX -JOAT (VIG, BG)
BBmolla
projectmatt
fferyllt- VIG
DeasVail -NO GUN

Cleared by me:
PeregrineV

Remaining (will do a post for each):
SnowStorm
Damon_Gant
ThAdmiral
BipolarChemist
Egg
Mister Rogers
penguin_alien

zakk
talah
TOWN
Smudger
AngryPidgeon
SCUM
Luca Blight
TOWN
Nero Cain
TOWN
Yates
SCUM
mastin2
SCUM
4nxi3ty
TOWN
RachMarie
TOWN JOAT (JK, FN)
Zdenek
TOWN
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3057 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:52 am

Post by Snork »

Ok so SiX is going to bodyguard me, ffery is going to shoot someone not ThAd within {SnowStorm, DG}, and I'm going to investigate ThAd.

Alright PV. I'm interested to see those.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3058 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:53 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3055, TheWayItEnds wrote:Its just amazing that I've been calling you scum since day 2 and your exemplary play today hasnt changed my mind.
No, it's pretty common. Especially considering my stellar day1 opinion of Talah-scum bussing Luca-scum, and both flipping town the next day.

Put aside your opinion of me and just read the words like from a stranger.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3059 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:56 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3039, penguin_alien wrote: I also tend to think that since SiX can guarantee Snork lives, there's no reason for Snork not to claim his investigation target outright to keep from having that person shot by fferyllt if nothing else.
Scum roleblocker may exist? But, that once again raises the question of why was Snork not blocked last night.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3060 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:57 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3056, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 3049, Snork wrote:Well, I just want to understand the foundation of the town read. I have personally been extremely conflicted about his slot. Day 2 I really felt he might be town, but his flip on Nero was odd, combined with his D1 play, and his disappearance today, as well as the idea that we now are looking at 2 mafia left, making Yates et al bussing him more plausible, he's probably not a bad option.

PV - if we're wrong, what are your reads, investigation choices, vig choices?
Quick and dirty, since replace-ins are throwing me off.

Nominally cleared
bjc
Snork -GUNSMITH
Doc Holliday
pisskop
TheWayItEnds- NO GUN
aptil
SiX -JOAT (VIG, BG)
BBmolla
projectmatt
fferyllt- VIG
DeasVail -NO GUN

Cleared by me:
PeregrineV

SnowStorm
Damon_Gant
ThAdmiral
BipolarChemist
Egg
Mister Rogers
penguin_alien

zakk
talah
TOWN
Smudger
AngryPidgeon
SCUM
Luca Blight
TOWN
Nero Cain
TOWN
Yates
SCUM
mastin2
SCUM
4nxi3ty
TOWN
RachMarie
TOWN JOAT (JK, FN)
Zdenek
TOWN

Where's PA?

Idic
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3061 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:59 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Last one on the 'remaining' list.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3062 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:00 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3057, Snork wrote:Ok so SiX is going to bodyguard me, ffery is going to shoot someone not ThAd within {SnowStorm, DG}, and I'm going to investigate ThAd.

Alright PV. I'm interested to see those.
I'm not going to say whether I'll shoot tonight or not. I will take advice under consideration, but most likely if I shoot it will be the player I feel most sure is scum provided they aren't being gunsmithed.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3063 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:01 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3061, penguin_alien wrote:Last one on the 'remaining' list.
ah...strikethrus. I'm going to drink another cup of coffee and go back to sleep. Possibly in that order.

Idic
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3064 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:03 am

Post by Snork »

That's fine too, but I think if you openly decide to shoot within a group of selected people, we're forcing scum to protect themselves, rather than offensively using any power roles they may have.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3065 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:12 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 3064, Snork wrote:That's fine too, but I think if you openly decide to shoot within a group of selected people, we're forcing scum to protect themselves, rather than offensively using any power roles they may have.
Nah, leave it ambiguous. Most opinions are on record, and we've eliminated the SK issue. Better ffery decides pending the lynch flip what's most useful.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3066 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:17 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Each one will take time to look back over, so here is my starting point. If anyone can add anything to these or wants to do the work on one of them, that'd be cool.

Overview
SnowStorm
Damon_Gant
ThAdmiral
BipolarChemist
Egg
Mister Rogers
penguin_alien

SnowStorm
- There was some mid game play that I read from SnowStorm as town. Since a lot of it was reaction to other players, I'll want to go over his iso again to see if those players are town or scum. Also, will look for specific Snowstorm mentions in the tri-iso.

DamonGant-
I started with early townvibes on him. This seemed to run counter to majority opinion, but the scummy stuff from him came from the fact that it's "considered" scummy now but wasn't some years ago. I'll go back and re-read him also.
In regards to the tri-iso, there was one point were Mastin was busting hard on Gant as scum, and AP responded back with something like "Are you SURE Damon is scum?" and Mastin backs off that read. Not sure if that was a "Don't bus" signal, or a "save for later mislynch" signal. It's there if you look, but I'll find it for quoting later. Also want to check other mentions, but first readthrough nothing pops back to mind except the above.

ThAdmiral
- Some earlygame posting gave me townvibes. There hasn't been that recently, so will do the SnowStorm treatment with him also.

Egg
- BiPolar did a strong posting job that convinced me he was town. Egg hasn;t really lived up to the legacy IMO, but will do a similar re-read to him.
One other thing. Early game when people wanted to attribute Egg(BiPolar)=town based on the Zdendek fakevig, Yates was pretty hard against it. Egg=town might be the reason scumYates would not want him even semi-cleared.

Penguin-
Rogers went hard against Talah. But it was all a legitimate argument (IMO). If we had two teams I was prepared to take another look at Rogers day1, but now I think there is only one mafia team.
There was also an early day1 thing were AP went kind of waffly on a Rogers read, which stood out only because I couldn't figure out what caused AP to waffle. Town does it all the time, so it got no thought. With his scum-flip, need to re-read that section.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3067 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:19 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3064, Snork wrote:That's fine too, but I think if you openly decide to shoot within a group of selected people, we're forcing scum to protect themselves, rather than offensively using any power roles they may have.
I will post a pool of players I might shoot once I've got it worked out.

Idic
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3068 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:33 am

Post by Snork »

mastin2 [9 votes] (
Yates,
Nero Cain,
Egg,
4nxi3ty, Snork, RachMarie, TheWayItEnds,
penguin_alien, PeregrineV) [LYNCH]

I think I need a re-read of Day 2. The timing of the mastin wagon was odd (to me) and gave me the impression that scum didn't have the chance, or inclination, to bus mastin. It came out of the blue, grew quickly, and then that was it. Yates vote was first and I don't think he imagined it would have led to a lynch, especially with the support for the TWIE wagon at the time.

TheWayItEnds [4 votes] (DeasVail, Damon_Gant, mastin2, ThAdmiral)
AngryPidgeon [1 vote] (projectmatt)
ThAdmiral [1 vote] (SnowStorm)
projectmatt [1 vote] (SiX)
SnowStorm [1 vote] (Angry Pidgeon)

p-edit: No PA's right about the ambiguity.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3069 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:37 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 3058, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 3055, TheWayItEnds wrote:Its just amazing that I've been calling you scum since day 2 and your exemplary play today hasnt changed my mind.
No, it's pretty common. Especially considering my stellar day1 opinion of Talah-scum bussing Luca-scum, and both flipping town the next day.

Put aside your opinion of me and just read the words like from a stranger.

Just to get this out of the way. No part of my read on you is based on what happened day 1. I read day 1 as I replaced in, decided the whole thing was a crap shoot, and havent read it again. Your opinion on Talah scum or Luca scum seems unimportant beacuse everyone in the game was on those wagons except me and a dead person so realistically... no I dont care.

So as far as putting aside my opinion of you... I dont have an opinion of you as a person, or as a player in this game. As far as I can tell, since the beginning of day 2 you have approximately 3 content posts, 1 of which occurs after this post from you that I'm responding to.

I dont care about your posts on setup spec, I dont care about your posts where you ask other players opionions. Your whole arguement with snow day 2 is completely inane.

I do care that Egg asked me why I felt you were a better lynch than ThAd and i listed off some reasons and then you came in with oh theres no case on me this is just one of those games grumble grumble bullshit instead of addressing anything that I put into that post.

And then posted an insane amount of posts just setup speccing when everyone in this game is already aware that we are looking for 2 more scum and I dont particularly care what color they flip as long as its not green. So good, now we think they'll both flip red. Thats great.

Maybe at some point you could get to actually putting down which one of those players is more likely to flip red than you are right now.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3070 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:43 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3069, TheWayItEnds wrote:I do care that Egg asked me why I felt you were a better lynch than ThAd and i listed off some reasons and then you came in with oh theres no case on me this is just one of those games grumble grumble bullshit instead of addressing anything that I put into that post.
Gee, you sdo have a point, maybe. Let's do this.

First, there is no link. SO I have to iso you.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3071 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:44 am

Post by PeregrineV »

OK, now, I have to find the post. CTRL+F "Egg" and hope to God you quoted his post or said his name.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3072 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:45 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Perhaps this is it?
In post 2900, TheWayItEnds wrote:Egg tell me how ThAd is scummier than PV. Cause theres no way im seeing that.
Now, click on it to find out.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3073 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:46 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Oh good, I';m in the right area.
In post 2901, Egg wrote:Well, let's start with this. What is scummy about Pere?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3074 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:46 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Is this it?
In post 2902, TheWayItEnds wrote:Everything?

go read his day 2 iso its all piles of shit disguised as content by asking others to generate content.

the only original thought that came out of that slot day 2 involved a sentence from pisskop that he said was different than others.

Then, after calling him out he says i only think hes scummy because he called me scum, disregarding that i did that first.

Day 3 is his shady as fuck hammer before the entire playerbase had even posted in thread.

You know what, dont even do that.

Just tell me what his stance is on half the players in the game.

Dude has literally zero reads.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”