AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4350 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:14 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

And why are you so certain that RBD janitored by town?

If mastin is scum with RBD, surely her team would have mountains of motivation to Janitor RBD if possible.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4351 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:14 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4340, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 3924, CarbonFiber wrote:I want to hear if anyone has any other thoughts before moving forward.
In post 3994, CarbonFiber wrote:That's exactly what I was worried would happen with Mastin and AP making a ton of noise but neither getting lynched and lurkertown was deadline lynched instead.
UNVOTE: ; VOTE: Carbon Fiber

Id continue the line of questioning I started about your lack of vote and all that, but I just cant be fucked too. This vote probably wont move before deadline.

P-edit: Except you aren't doing that because I was explicitly trying to be reasonable in my catchup and you flatout ignored my questions that were rather tangible and reasonable just to blow me off and give me some shit about my wallpost that I half took-back after realizing it was in response to Titan talking about Wicked.
He thinks you are scum.

Me, I'd talk to you all sweet and nice like you convinced me you weren't scum to try and get you to out your buddies. And I might do it poorly, but other than that I'd probably not much listen to you.

Point is, trying to work with someone that thinks you're scum is hard to do, so not sure why you are trying to work with Carbon and then getting bent out of shape about it when he doesn't want to.

You're best bet to shake the scumread on you is to effectively scumhunt or just bus.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4352 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:15 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4349, CarbonFiber wrote:Maybe. But after that back-and-forth with Bulbazak in that Micro game, I have an aversion towards interacting with players that I can sense will create a lot of noise if interacted with and too little content
Once again, I can and am blaming mastin for that.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4353 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:16 am

Post by Titan »

In post 4328, AngryPidgeon wrote:Actually Belisarius is 90% of the reason I think Stalin is town.

ffery has been non-commital and wishywashy. Beli is actually fairly transparent with his thoughts.
Yeah but being non-committal and wishy washy isn't necessarily a scumtell. I feel non-committal and wishy washy right now. Why isn't it a problem for you that I am?
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4354 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:17 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4343, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:So, question to thread at large. Anyone else from Tales of Rebirth?
I'm not from there.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4355 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:18 am

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

In post 4349, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 4345, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:Which, if AP is town, makes his observation a reasonable one. There's no one else in the game thread you're that amicable with.
Maybe. But after that back-and-forth with Bulbazak in that Micro game, I have an aversion towards interacting with players that I can sense will create a lot of noise if interacted with and too little content. But that was a Micro game and I don't care as much about getting into wall wars in smaller games.
then why are you interacting with me when it looks like I'm not going to produce much useful content toDay?
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4356 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:18 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4346, Titan wrote:OMIGODS I just caught that "distracting from the mastin lynch" nonsense. Before I got barraged with stupid questions and baiting pere, by you, you know saying I wasn't scumhunting, I was talking to people about dun dun fun MASTIN!!!

See alternate universes. Alternate. Universes.
Tammy, what is your read on Mastin?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4357 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:21 am

Post by MastinSSK »

Spoiler: AP Post
In post 4280, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 4273, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 4272, AngryPidgeon wrote:Alright Nacho, Bork left me with a weird taste in my mouth so I need something from you. Why is your mastin read is whatever it is right now? I kind of like this reaction; it sort of gels with what I'd expect given mastin's post, even if this is potentially just confirmation bias, but details please.
Confirmation bias? How do you figure that?
Ok, maybe this is why I want to see your progression mastin more transparently cause TBH I feel like the hydra was 90% Bork and I never caught any wind of him wanting to vote mastin.

Im just saying that mastin went from calling you conftown for a fairly shitty reason to "lolol Nacho is obvscum cause he isnt townreading me" which...if that happened to me I know I'd be looking a lot like :?

Do you think mastin could have said that as town is what Im getitng at, I get the potential scum-motivation/scumminess behind it, but I can see it being from town, especially considering the level of derp mastin is determined to play at right now.

p-edit: @Titan. Town. I think. There are a couple things about mastin that bother me alignment-wise (and a ton of things that make me want to just lynch her regardless), but I think shes town. Shes melting down and actively deluding herself about that. I think as scum she'd be more focused and controlled. Not impossible, more later on that hopefully cause there is one thing that feels off to me in a deja-vu sort of way, but the sheer amount of fucking nonsense coming from her right now with no self-screening at all is probably from town. When mastin word-vomits as scum there is at least generally a theme to it of some sort. Mastin has been way too all over the place this game for her to be probable scum IMO.

That said, her flop on Bork really bothers me and that one-liner about RBD having caught the Vig crumb (and also outing the perceived crumb) make me squint at my screen realllly hard.

The former I can see town motivation for, however bad it matches with the deluded world that mastin is currently posting from. The latter could just be a legitimate scum slip and involves RBD and mastin being scum together which would be fairly earth shattering for me, but I am thinking about it. BRO and Desp seem to find it likely and I -do- trust their judgement a little (they are one of the few I actually trust to read mastin other than myself) even if I dont like to admit to trusting others ever :P
In particular, I caught something here, though I can't remember it now. I think it had to do with his overall stance on me; not sure how.
Spoiler: Same with this one
In post 4283, AngryPidgeon wrote:Alright, I realize I missed a few pages before these last couple..random thoughts:

Fox/Hound: Can you two explain where exactly you stand on everyone right now and on reads that you disagree on, why? Im having a hard time recalling/tracking what you two actually are thinking. Your vote on me and unvote (fake edit) and vote on mastin and unvote is really non-committal. Do you actually have a reason for thinking Cupcake is scum or is that just a whatever vote?

Desperado: What is your read on Beli/ffery exactly?

Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. holy shit. Please just be scum.

Belisarius: What is your read on Brian Skies and why? Have you talked about it with Ffery at all?
In post 3922, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:I can squint and make out a cupcake/mastinssk team, maybe. I dunno.
Is this based on connections or just individual posting? I still have less than zero thoughts on Panda's alignment.
In post 3924, CarbonFiber wrote:The game still leads right back to MastinSSK and AngryPidgeon. Happy to see Mastin getting lynched today. I want to hear if anyone has any other thoughts before moving forward.
What are you honestly expecting people to say? Is there anyone in particular you think needs time to read and/or generate content?

Officially not reading mastin posts for now unless they get referenced somehow because fuck that.
In post 3935, The Fox and the Hound wrote:re Mastin vote: We've talked it over a little bit. I still feel conflicted about the slot while DV still leans scum on it. We're both pretty strapped for scumreads.
Huh well this might explain why you have both felt fairly lackluster Today. Do either of you have a read on: PV, Nacho, F16?
I think it had to do with AP's read progression.
In post 4287, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 4019, MastinSSK wrote:You've been a nullread. Not a scumread. But assuming a scum gladiator. Not a chance in fucking hell would it be Rancid.
K, so this is just untrue given your narrow suspect pool which has Orcinus in it rather verbosely. And the bit about gladiators is irrelevant and doesn't really mesh with you reportedly thinking Orcinus is 'null' right here.

In fact, Orcinus comes out looking pretty town here.
In post 4046, MastinSSK wrote:Except that you're trying to have cake while eating it. The circumstances of your claim were desperation, and a need to use the role to 'prove' yourself. Rancid, not so much.

Thus, of the two, Rancid's was townier.

It's a trivial argument overall, though. Since I'm not even sure of a scum gladiator. (I suspect as much, though.)
Huh, maybe mastin is just scum. This argument with Orcinus is really terrible. Orcinus claimed because he was getting ran up. That doesnt make him any more or less likely to be scum. And mastin is seemingly simultaneously arguing that one of the gladiators is probably scum and therefore must be orcinus (terrible) and also that the claim itself was scummy despite them being a "null read". I mean wow the cognitive dissonance is at an all new level here.
Especially here, ESPECIALLY given that I explained it in things that AP hasn't quoted.
In post 4293, AngryPidgeon wrote:TBH, I'm not reading any posts from anybody that make me want to just trust them this game.

I get your paranoia of BRO/Desp. If F16 is actually town, I may end up looking there. After catching up a lot of posts really quick, I see they are sort of coasting on Yesterday's towncred and opinions. I havent seen anything very intereting from them recently except Desperado's push on Stalin which I don't really understand the origin of.
"I don't really trust anyone" *next line* "I'm basically trusting you".
Their opinions have been mostly static (the Stalin pressure form Desp being the only thing that really wasnt that I see) and everything else they've said looks pretty conf-biasy regardless.
Ironically, these very traits AP's not-stronger-townreading-them for are the very things I'm beginning to see as coming from them as town.
Like it looked pretty town and Im sure the emotion was genuine, but I just have a hard time with that cause I know I -could- do that as scum.
This read feels out of place overall, though. Seems too low.
Orcinus. The large lack of content from this slot is annoying, but the mini-war with Mastin and the "lets 1v1" seemed fairly unabashedly town to me. If I were super motivated, Id probably read Teenwolf mafia to compare him to, but I wont cause fuck that. The reaction to mastin calling him scummy for his role looked town for reasons Im having a hard time articulating which maybe is partly why Orcinus isn't in my higher tier list which I briefly considered putting him in. I just have a hard time seeing Orcinus as scum pushing on mastin so hard for that. It felt really strongly that Orcinus believed his points against mastin I guess.
And this reeks of bullshit, and of being too high.
I have a little bit of a hard time folllowing where they want to go, but their reported lack of scumreads does make a lot of sense with their behavior and the hydra dissonance they post is pretty damn artful if they are actually scum.
This seems like a better description of a reason for a Stalin townread, yet Stalin is lower in the list, even marked with a question mark of uncertainty.
At this point, can I lynch her for the toldYaSo and policy lynch factor? Maybe.
And again. Really, really. Don't think. AP would ever truly consider. An actual policy-lynch.
F-16, Nacho, PV, Panda, Yggdra, Red Gary.
And his posting really doesn't seem to be reflecting these as his scumreads.
In post 4296, AngryPidgeon wrote:I see mastin admitted that she isn't actually accomplishing anything finally.
Literally the last damn post of mine on page two of my iso, I said the same fucking thing. Why is it more notable now? I've recovered and then relapsed for half a fucking week.
TBH it did look terrible that mastin was interjecting to buddy up to F16's questions when BRO -DID- just post something from left field about F16 that stalin was trying to clarify F-16's reaction about with F-16.
To me? There was no way.
No damn way.
BROseidon's post could be read that way legitimately.
Like. Reading the rest of the post aside from that one damn line itself made it apparent. His tone, his language, his sentence structure, his positions throughout the day, and his lack of vote. All made it crystal-clear apparent that what he meant is that scumreading F-16 is a scumclaim.

Thus, why focusing on what was obviously a typo was...
...Nothing but a distraction.
In post 4300, PeregrineV wrote:Your deep in-depth knowledge of what you would do as scum and pointing out that you are doing the opposite of it negates any argument you make using that knowledge.
If I was using it as defense?

Yeah.

But I'm not. I'm using it as offense. Because these? Are things that Nacho KNOWS about me.
Fuck, AP's basically scum and even he's admitted that they're true about me. (Not like he has any choice, though, since if he didn't, then he'd confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt himself to be scum. Rancid described it fairly well. As scum, I'm forced to townread zMuffinman and AP, because scumreading either of them is a red flag. As scum, Rancid's forced to townread me, for the same reason. And as scum, AP's forced to townread me, because I will be down his throat if not.)
In post 4301, CarbonFiber wrote:So, I wondered more than once if my view of the gamestate was horribly wrong after Mastin's post to ffery but the AoT links makes me feel that it isn't.
It is. Read the damn mindset, not the damn past-games-of-mine. I advocate playing in the fucking present for exactly this fucking reason. The mindset that game was to get Tammy off of me. The mindset this game is to get ffery back so that I can actually work with her and stop the fucking rift that formed from getting larger.
In post 4302, CarbonFiber wrote:I mean, besides Mastin obviously.
I'm not. Not anymore. They *could* be scum, but I feel like I hit on the core of the matter, in my rage. Basically...two likeminded people butt heads. They feel similarly about the other, blinded to the others' feelings. They pin it on the other, and not themselves, creating hostility. And whatnot.

Fire Forged Friends was the best description I could think of, of that clash against one another with great hostility, and then...suddenly. Something clicking into place. I could be horribly wrong. That she's
actually
scum, who I correctly called out. But I really think. That I figured it out. That she was going through the same thing I did, and have been, and will likely go into again. (At the very moment I'm typing this, slightly calmed down.)

And that? Means town, and means I need to redouble efforts to fix things.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4358 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:21 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4351, PeregrineV wrote:Me, I'd talk to you all sweet and nice like you convinced me you weren't scum to try and get you to out your buddies. And I might do it poorly, but other than that I'd probably not much listen to you.

Point is, trying to work with someone that thinks you're scum is hard to do, so not sure why you are trying to work with Carbon and then getting bent out of shape about it when he doesn't want to.
Ok, I might rant a little here and it might be peripherally related, but Im gonna try and stay on track. I *HATE* the whole "X is treating me like town despite having a scumrad on me, they must be scum" tell. That almost always lands on town and I think its terrible to expect someone to treat scumreads like DGB does just because they are scum. Doing that is arrogant and encourages confirmation bias. If F16 is town, if he took maybe one iota of effort to interact with me and indulge my attempts to scumhunt him, maybe he would wake the fuck up and stop shoving a crappy connection case to me on Mastin because Mastin and I have apparently been just x-bussing and scum theatreing all game (because apparently we really are just bad. He hasnt made a single comment about why Im scummy other than Im just clearly getting bussed to hell and back by BOTH my buddies and being upset about it so I must be scum. And despite my attempts to try and ask him questions about perceived inconsistencies he doesn't actually bother to help me or himself by even acknowledging that I said jackshit. And when I call him on it I get a "Ya whatever, I may or may not respond to you later cause I dont care" when his "scumread" on me is based on unflipped players in the first place and hes either too scum or too arrogant to reconsider it. Instead he spends all his time whispering sweet nothings in Tammy's ear and insulting me on a personal level.

So I really dont care. I did honestly try to be civil just now and that worked like shit for me so its back to tunnelfuck mode.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4359 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:27 am

Post by Titan »

Spoiler: mastin's alignment
Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town.

I'm so glad in my awful iso, you've noticed everything I've said about mastin. I'm so glad you're about to pull up everything I've said about mastin and be snarky and high and mighty about it. I'm going to be so glad to ignore it.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4360 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:27 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4353, Titan wrote:
In post 4328, AngryPidgeon wrote:Actually Belisarius is 90% of the reason I think Stalin is town.

ffery has been non-commital and wishywashy. Beli is actually fairly transparent with his thoughts.
Yeah but being non-committal and wishy washy isn't necessarily a scumtell. I feel non-committal and wishy washy right now. Why isn't it a problem for you that I am?
I don't think its a scumtell or I'd be waffling harder on them. I just find it annoying and its difficult for me to parse. I read players who are more stream of thoughts oriented better (*sigh, mastin*) because I like to read things carefully and just take in the opinions and feel out whether or not I can see that player doing that. People who are all over the place are easier to do that for in my opinion cause they document readily all the things that make them think what they think. Its less about the content and more about whether I think the opinions match omething reasonable. Ffery has been rather nebulous this game and that was part of my pressure on her D1 was to get her to do something (like lay a vote down) so I could pass a better judgment there.

Belisarius posts are more flash-bang and I can get a sense of where he is looking and why. In particular, I think his mastin pressure looks town from him.

P-edit: lol.
Red Gyarados
Red Gyarados
Goon
Red Gyarados
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4361 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:30 am

Post by Red Gyarados »

Spoilered because I don't think people want to scroll down through it every time they come across it.

Spoiler:
In post 3445, CarbonFiber wrote:Nacho coming in and telling me to stop telling RBD not to use personal insults felt weird and him saying that Just Sheep Us were creating a
carnival of Lunacy
felt even wierder because to me, it seemed like it was RBD all along. I want to hear an objective viewpoint on whether any of how Nacho interpreted the gamestate made any sense whatsoever.
I don't remember anything from Bro indicating the italicized portion. The issue I have with JSU is them hiding out in their neighborhood and not really bleeding anything into the game thread until AP showing up. And when AP did show up, Bro comes up with some half-assed reason to townread AP. I still don't like it but you guys say he's been town as shit in his neighborhood.

Notty still hasn't given me an opinion on what alignment he thinks RBD is (or some of the other slots for that matter, still don't think he's fully caught up), even though I gave him that assignment like 4 days ago. I was townreading RBD yesterday, and I don't think my opinion is going to change without a full reread (not happening anytime soon unless I feel like giving up my Friday for it) or the person with his alignment information comes forward (not something I'm interested in pursuing right now).
In post 3445, CarbonFiber wrote:What worried me most was the timing of when he showed up. He was gone all game and suddenly, four hours or so before deadline, he was here and starting up multiple wagons.
This is one of the things that I brought up to Notty when he said he thought Nacho was scum. His reasoning is 90% spite for recent games (10% reasoning that I actually agree with). I just think Nacho is more likely to deflect onto easy mislynches when he's scum. The timing of the Orci wagon was terrible and something I don't think would have benefited town at all.

@Ffery: People evolve. I wouldn't rely on old meta tells too much.
In post 3459, MastinSSK wrote:and Mac are the players that are townreads I'm willing to risk the game off of. Don't care what anyone else says on them. They're all town.
:?
In post 3460, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 3271, Clyton wrote:Holy shit with all this emotional clusterfuck going around, I'm just gonna stop and give this game a rest until the next day. I applaud the people who are still sane and going through this according to their win condition.

Vote: orcinus_theoriginal

Orcinus, I don't know if your claim is true or not. I do not even know if it is town-aligned or not. But your intentions were made clear that regardless of who is lynched, you will intervene. Now, I have a request. Choose me as one of the participants, and preferably Mastin as the other. I will personally deal with her and expose her for the emotional rift-raft she is and outline every inconsistency and scumtells I picked up from the previous 30 pages from her (and the entire game anyways) while outlining my personal defense (something I already explained in some of the posts, not sure how some of them miss that but if they are truly town, they avoided it and went on the basis of an inherent scum action).
And here, he suddenly shows a burst of emotion, and basically does something that isn't logical at all. Defending orc, but then voting him like this, with no (gaaaah) trajectory. The read on me comes out of nowhere, too. Clyton's read on me seems highly, well, desperate, defensive, and quite frankly, omgusy. Because there's nothing that hints this direction at all. The read is essentially one that is highly convenient (given the scumreads on me) and valuable to him (given the lack of stronger scumreads on him).
The issue I have with Clyton's post is that he claimed to have found several inconsistencies and scumtells from you in the previous 30 pages but didn't do anything to pursue you then and hasn't done anything up until now. He didn't clarify his read and when somebody came in to press him on it (Bro), his read conveniently shifted.
In post 3467, Clyton wrote:You did not get the memo that I am also trying to make sense of how Cabd works his game and if that has an affect on my outlook of my reads or not.

For example, I did mentioned if roles had an impact on the alignment of a person (which is proven to be debunked). Think from Cabd's position, was it his purpose to put half a rolecop's ability with one person and the other half with the other person and make them both town? Was it his intention for them to work together in order to effectively use the rolecop ability? I'm not sure how this defense (rather a scenario) does not make sense.

I need more solid proof from you and your accusations against me rather than "this doesn't feel."
I think you're missing the forest for the trees. You're overthinking the roles and should be more concerned about how the person is playing.
In post 3468, MastinSSK wrote:Btw, worth mentioning: while I can imagine Stalin as scum, I don't think the governor would be putting a scumbuddy in, not even against a lurker. So not scumbuddies together, but either could be scum. Lean towards yes for orc and no for ffery, but easily could both be town. (Eh, we'll figure it out later.)
Notty doesn't like Orci's lack of trajectories or some other stuff that I haven't read through yet. I don't think his cagefight choices are particularly damning because:
1) He got flashwagoned at deadline to be a feel-good lynch instead of settling an ongoing debate between players.
2) Any lurker he sent in against Ffery was basically doomed to die.
3) There was an option to no lynch, he stated so before he even sent anyone in, and LB screwed it up by opening it up with a self-vote.
In post 3468, MastinSSK wrote:Again. Rancid's the main scum nightkill. No fucking way is him being janitored anything but design. His townflip would have been immensely useful, and their presence in the game unflipped was simply too strong. Janitoring them is the perfect scum tactic.

Mac's a tough call, though. It could be a scum double-kill ability. Mac might have protected town who was killed by town. Or the paranoid bodyguard bit acting as a modified rolestop somehow got triggered. Could be anything, but is most certainly not the main scum kill.
I don't know what the paranoid modifier does to a bodyguard, but I find it unlikely for Mac to have died from anything other than a scum nightkill (whether he was directly or indirectly targeted).
In post 3468, MastinSSK wrote:Okay, then. Scenario. Orc's scum. He gets lynched and self-governs. He puts two obvtown players in.
This is a terrible point. Why would a scum governor put two obvtown players into a cagefight? That's poor play.
In post 3483, AngryPidgeon wrote:I submitted Kagura, Carbon Fiber, Peregrine.

Carbon Fiber is town.
I actually completely missed you claiming yesterday for some reason (I may have been selectively ignoring you, I don't know). I also share the same game flavor as you and would now be interested in a neighborhood if you're town (apparently the game Notty chose isn't as obscure as I thought?).

I also find all the votes on you pretty hilarious when the things you've said regarding your claim checks out from Day 1.

Also, I find it strange for people to roll a 'cop' role and still have trouble keeping up or being motivated to play a game (with regards to the hydra that actually rolled 'modified cop'). It's just w/e though and I'm not holding any weight in it.

*You guys are blowing up the thread again.
In post 3528, Titan wrote:
In post 3523, AngryPidgeon wrote:I think there are likely 2 scum in Stalin/Titan/PV. This push on me is actually ridiculous. Anyone with half a brain should understand why I did what I did and its pretty fucking baffling that I might get MISLYNCHED over my really strong point on F16.
have you literally called the whole playerlist scum at some point?
If he has, this is actually something that's more likely to come from a town AP.
In post 3541, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 3537, Kagura wrote:AP: Your (Actual, no BS) investigate target in your next post with the result you got.
You and I was explicitly told that my role failed.
Your target is notified of your investigation?

*I'm not going back to verify the points between Clyton and Mastin in their 1v1. But I'd probably lynch Clyton before Mastin (mostly because I'm still not scumreading Mastin and I think Clyton is likely to be scum). Also, Mastin is clearly winning their battle as Clyton seems mostly on the defensive to me.
In post 3580, AngryPidgeon wrote:ALL THAT SAID, Im a little unsure how I fee labout them. I doubt scum would let me investigate Kagura regardless of their plan to RB me so Im guessing Kagura is more likely just town atm.
:facepalm:
How does roleblocking you make any of your investigation targets likely to be town? If you're not going to get your result, they can just choose one of their own and not give any fucks about it.
In post 3598, MastinSSK wrote:But again. What happens if one of the mislynches becomes obvtown? LB did. What if another mislynch candidate was against LB and also became obvtown off of their banter? One would die, yeah. But the other would then no longer be a mislynch.
First of all, this is a hypothetical situation that wouldn't have reflected anything onto Orc's play had it actually happened (as it would have occurred after he submitted the names). The last sentence also makes no sense in relation to the rest of it.
In post 3626, MastinSSK wrote:To be honest, if ns and Brian Skies don't start upping their game, I'm gonna get paranoid enough to bump 'em down from above-Carbon to below-Stalin. (Immediately below, admittedly, putting them above the nulls, but still weak town.)
Whatever. I rolled town this game and Notty is good at obvtowning so I don't care. I'm just annoyed that I'm doing more work this game than I was planning on doing.
In post 3633, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 3629, MastinSSK wrote:I need to look at all the players who did townread 'em and see how much I trust that.
Somebody (brian?) said that GIF replacing into a hydra made them practically conftown. I cant remember much other reasoning for anyone's read on them; that one was pretty bad though.
I still stand by that comment, by the way (even if it's something I won't be giving any credence in the future). Although, it was more of me just removing GiF from my Day 1 lynch pool. I liked the way Pie came in and immediately pushed Mastin upon replacing in (and that was where my actual read came from, I'm pretty sure I stated something along these lines at the end of Day 1), but that's pretty much dissipated. I know Pie tunnels, but his lack of anything Day 2 aside from going after Mastin is dissipating my read on him.
In post 3634, MastinSSK wrote:
Granted, yeah. Mac obvtown. But that doesn't mean that if he was intentionally killed by scum, that was their reasoning. (In fact, that would be reasoning for them to avoid killing him intentionally.)
In post 2165, Mac wrote:If I had to pick scum out of the AP/Mastin shitstorm that's been brewing, it would more than likely be AP. He came into this game and was pounced upon by mastin, and was immediately pretty much "yeah, you're town mastin, but wrong." Now since the tides have slowly been turning against mastin, he's shifted his opinion to suit with it and something about his trajectory (/ffery) feels very off.

Like early doors, mastin was yelling about AP being scum. And I don't think all that much has changed between mastin then and mastin now.
Shows it a bit more clearly.
This is actually one of the things I brought up to Notty when I was catching him up about a week ago? We both agreed that you coming out of the gates and hard scumreading AP and AP to just continue townreading you was really weird. Especially after AG where he was gung-ho about lynching you for it.
In post 3667, MastinSSK wrote:I strongly believe Red Gyarados to be town.
The wavering from your read on this slot is baffling. I can't get any inkling of how we go from could be scum, to weak null read that you need to see more of, to weak town, to strong town in such a short amount of time.
In post 3684, Red Gyarados wrote:actually

VOTE: mastin

Because I owe Bro a sheep
I think I actually owe Pie a sheep. But I always butt heads with him when it comes to reads (usually me being wrong).
In post 3695, Yggdra Union wrote:
vote: mastin

here's how this is going to go. if you are not voting mastin, your next post must contain a vote for mastin, or else a counter to this:
In post 3120, Yggdra Union wrote:mastin's reaction to BRO was
100% a scum reaction
. town actually gives a shit about the other players in the game. he does not.
because he is deliberately trying to induce apathy and feelings of despair in town.
he's scum who doesn't know how to react to it going to o far, so he jsut ignores it and hopes he can just skate by.
for anyone who has any doubts, note how mastin literally has no defense for it. so he tries to write it off my misrepping the situation:
In post 3106, MastinSSK wrote:Oh, you meant BRO's wall.

Bluntly, I didn't read it all. I skimmed.
I saw him having a meltdown for having been suddenly scumread.
That's the part of the meltdown that would remain even if he changed his mindset, though he's not getting lynched anymore meaning even then he's going to be less stressed.
I also saw the remaining being ranting about how Rancid and I are obvscum and manipulating everyone and that he's right and getting lynched again in spite of that, again.

If I missed something that doesn't fit into one of those two categories, let me know. Because the first is no longer relevant, and the second I addressed by simply pointing out him changing his erroneous read would fix. 'Cause he's wrong. I know that sounds bad to say to someone having an emotional breakdown, that bluntly, they're wrong. But he is, soyeah. It needed to be said.
the bolded is a
literal and direct misrep of what happened
. in no way was BRO's meltdown in response to being "suddenly scumread" - that was just one factor among many.

"fixing an erroneous read" doesn't change the fact that mastin and zmuffin have pulled every fucking emotionally manipulative trick in the book and flooded the thread with their bullshit mist

the italicized directly proves my point - he literally does not give a flying fuck about how much he's pissed off another player. QED.

also, mastin, if you respond to this post I'll take it as a scum claim. if you're town you will gain literally nothing from responding to this, and if you're scum I don't wanna give you easy material to keep BS'ing about (bc it's obviously what your strategy has been so far). your responses to me have all been deflective, manipulative, or otherwise not remotely town and I've had enough of your shit. plz and thx

-Y
I'll revisit your case on him later. But it's kind of hard to agree with you when I've been agreeing with a lot of Mastin's and RBD's points this game.
In post 3696, MastinSSK wrote:So if for nobody else if not them, then I'm pushing for a PV lynch.
I think half of your posting this day so far has been 'PV is scum, let's lynch him.' And I'd like some reasoning for this since I haven't seen anything so far that's convincing enough for me to sheep you.
In post 3720, MastinSSK wrote:Derp.

If Kagura wasn't conftown before, they are now.
Mac was a modified rolestopper.
Look up what rolestopping does.
AP claims to have had Kagura targeted, but having received no result--regardless of AP's alignment, I'm inclined to believe he's telling (most of) the truth in that.
Kagura was Mac's target last night.
Hmm? Maybe. Wondering if Mac was deadset on targeting Kagura and AP wasn't just roleblocked.
In post 3737, PeregrineV wrote:
@Breakfast-
let's talk about Red Gary as a "Pretty Town" read. You have any specifics as to why?
I'm extremely disconnected from this game. I thought that was pretty self-evident when I first came back into the game late Day 1 (and once again here). I've been using LoL as a means of escape from Mafia (which I find extremely ironic considering I originally used Mafia as a means of escape from LoL).

I actually can't remember if Notty sent me a JSU wall and I'll check my Skype when I get home. But he seems pretty set on sheeping him at this point for some reason (maybe it doesn't actually have anything to do with Bro?).

*Also, Notty sends me these beautiful walls outlining people's trajectories and stuff and I keep telling him I'll read them, but I've been largely blowing them off. Actually wondering if I should just throw his walls in thread and call it a day.
In post 3746, Red Gyarados wrote:Counterargument

Scum ns is almost always less engaged/lurkaderpy than town ns by a huge margin
Is it your goal to get us mislynched this game?
In post 3749, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:Brian asked some decent questions in his catch up posts during the later part of day 1 and I stayed pretty happy with them as a result. but I don't remember him really following up on the answers to the stuff he asked about.
I actually don't remember the questions I was asking at the end of Day 1, or if I was getting answers to the things I wanted answers to (cough* Ffery cough*).
In post 3754, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:I don't like walling much. By my pre MS standards I've become a waller. :/ I think I said to CF sometime on day 1 that I usually respond with a thumbnail when someone asks me about a player. If they want detail, I unpack it. But most of the time people don't want detail. they want to know where I stand.
I prefer detail (not a lot of it, just enough for me to see where you're coming from). And I also like it when I'm asking something specific (cough* Ffery cough*).
In post 3759, AngryPidgeon wrote:Eh, I'll buy this. RG has been hovering around my 'meh leaning towards hm' list for a bit now.

I havent really seen anything particularly interesting from that slot and NS's re-entry today looked a bit contrived with the whole "guess I'll vote mastin since BRO is" bit. I actually looked up the game they were referring to (Wicked Mafia) to see if I felt that was justified and I eh. I think NS could easily be using that as an excuse for a vote right now, I didnt find that game particularly compelling for him to be blindly sheeping BRO here, especially since BRO was long removed from it.

ALSO BRO IM QQING ABOUT THINGS IN OUR HYDRA QT, HELP.
There's more to Notty's current Nacho hate than just the Wicked game (and apparently whether or not he decided to sheep Bro). I've just been handwaving it and listening to the parts that matter.
In post 3773, MastinSSK wrote:Oh. Your post reminds me.
That's one reason I've felt you're scum.

You're playing far. FAR. More reactively this game than you should be, ESPECIALLY as a cop.
The town AP I know is more proactive and aggressive. That's not been absent for part of the game; it's been absent ALL the game.

I'll put it another way.
Town-AP is generating opinions.
Scum-AP is more concerned about opinions.
And your play this game looks like the latter. Not former.

But I digress. This is not a rock-solid tell. It's a potential alignment indicator but not a strong one. You have scum-games generating opinions and town-games being concerned about opinions, but they're bluntly not the majority.
I don't actually have an opinion on this. I'm just quoting it so I will look at it later.
In post 3778, AngryPidgeon wrote:yet Bork is on pretty much everyone's obvtown list
He's not on my list, and it would pain me for you to even think so.
In post 3785, CarbonFiber wrote:You are still pushing PV who is a pretty strong townread of mine.
Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I asked you about this and you made a case Day 1. I never looked at it. But PV is someone I told Notty I was looking into so I might revisit that soonish.
In post 3791, Titan wrote:I am trying to catch up on this game but my kitten is laying next to me snoring and I keep stopping to just watch how adorable he is and I'm feeling myself drift off in the process, so I'll probably fall asleep before I can actually get anywhere and this is a useless post but I wanted everyone to know I have a cute fucking cat.
I actually made Notty iso you. He made some snarky comment along the lines of 'why do I need to do this?,' and called you town based on trajectories and something about 'bothering to go the distance.' I'm sure there's more to it, but I largely just blew it off cuz I just wanted his opinion.
In post 3803, Titan wrote:No niño...the tales of abyss game. Nacho was in a neighborhood I was looking for his neighborhood behavior.
In the Xenosaga game that recently ended, Nacho was in a neighborhood AND was masonized by ActionDan. In case you're interested about behavior.
In post 3814, Just Sheep Us wrote:and I think ns/BS are a strong enough pair to WIFOM-ball it back as scum.
What does this even mean?
In post 3844, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 3841, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:CarbonFiber, how sure do you feel that your neighborhood is all town?
I would bank the game on Pie/GIF, and BRO/Desp. I gave my views on Kagura and I don't have them as strongly town as I did before.
I'd like details on what's actually going on in that neighborhood of yours. It's annoying me that I can't see it and I want to know what Nacho's been up to in there.
In post 3914, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:The earlier posts that notsci made had the tone he hits as town, but this post basically outlines his town approach - townhunt, townbloc, PoE, sheep town reads.

For comparison, have a look at this scum game iso: viewtopic.php?t=37251&f=53&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&user_select%5B%5D=21185&user_select%5B%5D=0&user_select%5B%5D=0&user_sort=Go

Note his reaction to me, note his blatant buddying of bert - not the light-sparring/light-buddying interaction he did in this game but straight up "you're my in-thread mason and I'm going to buddy the shit out of you". The difference is confidence. Not confidence in himself. Confidence in other players being town. He doesn't have it here and the early game he's clearly watching and weighing people. He's coming to quick decisions, but the weighing process is there.
I'll be linking the games at the end of this post because I'm spoiling most of this, but I just had a scum-game with Notty where he opened up trying to buddy up to Majiffy and abusing the flowchart Day 1. He rode it pretty hard but still got himself lynched later on.
In post 3914, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:This was a Brian post. What I was looking for here was a sense of comfortable confidence which I've come to associate with his town entrance into games as his play has developed. It's almost always there when he's town. I was also looking for what sorts of posts he would pick to comment on in the early game - whose noses he'll tweak.
This was actually something I'd expect as an analysis of that post and why you'd townread it. I just didn't like how long I had to wait for the actual reasoning considering I asked about it at least once on Day 1.
In post 3915, Yggdra Union wrote:I just reorganized the readlist today based on how town I read them and it looks interesting.

---------Town-------------------------------------
3 Yggdra Union (giffy and pieguyn) - Pie was so happy that we didn't die n1 because we were gonna be angry if that happened.
5 Titan (Tammy + Sir Arthur Dane) - Tammytown with a spice of MOE.
8 Breakfast With Stalin (Hydra of ffery and beli) - I'm just gonna call this slot town. I can do that. Right? I mean, I didn't read majority of their posts, but I'm still allowed to do that, right?
10 Carbon Fiber (FourTrouble and F16) -
Miller is automatically town
The way he claimed miller, his transparency in neighbor QT, etc.
11 Lord Business - Confirmed town
17 Mac - Confirmed town
------Leaning Town--------------------------------
1 Kagura (borkjerfkin + nachomamma8) - Just gonna call them town and not gonna worry about them til like D4.
2 The Fox and the Hound (cephrir and DV) -
because my neighbor said so
I think his reachout post were pretty town
12 Just Sheep Us (Broseidon and Desperado) - BRO is town.
13 Red Gyarados (Brian Skies and notscience) - Not an obvtown. But still town.
4 orcinus_theoriginal - I didn't really read his post. I've been planning to do some stuff on him but I got lazy. For now, he can stay here for the role.
------More like nulls-----------------------------
14 Cupcake Panda - ppl says he's town for lurking. But I'm just gonna put him here
15 PeregrineV - More like "I didn't sort him yet".
------Leftovers I guess---------------------------
6 Rancid Broderick Drake (zmuffinman and natirasha) - Dead. Def not killed by scum. He's here for being an leftover.
7 MastinSSK (Mastin2, MafiaSSK) - :roll:
9 AngryPidgeon 9 ElementalHawk (Prohawk+3dicerolling) - This slot is probably gonna move up if someone not in this group flips scum.
16 Clyton - Leftover

-Luciana
This is definitely a GiF post, but I want Pie's reads/reasoning (mostly because you don't really give it out).
In post 3940, MastinSSK wrote:They lack charisma
I think I'm more charismatic when I'm scum.

I also skipped straight to our hydra in this list because I'm conceited and your post was long/irrelevant.
In post 3945, Yggdra Union wrote:Why can't mastin post like me
Because long posts insinuate effort and helps him hide behind the mist he likes to spread as scum (also because a lot of people don't like to read through his walls). I largely skim them and look for whatever points seem important.
In post 3961, Titan wrote:I will lynch one of: mastin, ap, desbro

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy sir

(This also applies to kagura holy fuck have they done anything town yet! Geeze)
I tend to find that when you're town, you hold similar sentiments to me. And although I held these sentiments at the end of Day 1, I'm feeling very tepid on Despbro (and actually leaning more town on them based on recent posting) and I don't think AP is the lynch for today (I wouldn't oppose it and might even join it, but I'm not convinced he's scum).

I would not miss Kagura. Or PV. Or Clyton. Or Cupcake. Maybe some others. Still need to do that reread. I might miss Mastin, but I wouldn't miss his walls.

*I also just rememberd that you're a hydra and I'm not entirely sure who's posting what.
In post 3964, CarbonFiber wrote:I think there are a few significant differences from what you posted in Anything Goes, especially you didn't say much about Brian Skies being a threat here while you held him in high regard there.
I think my reputation was still riding high on getting DGB lynched in Jake's game, which carried over into Anything Goes. My play as a whole has been slipping though.
In post 3985, Titan wrote:Clyton and I claimed to each other.
Is this what people do in neighborhoods these days? :roll:

Pretty sure I just burned Desp for that as scum recently (granted, I had already pretty much figured out his role before he claimed, but me claiming to him was pure unadulterated evil).
In post 3994, CarbonFiber wrote:Bork didn't post a reads-list but he seemed to lean town on RedGyarados.
This I find a little odd considering how Viscon (will be linked later) played out. Especially considering both heads of our hydra were scum and we lurked it out.
In post 4016, MastinSSK wrote:I want notscience/brian skies to do something so I can stop being worried about them. I thought they were going to start doing stuff this weekend, but that fizzled.
I was going to do stuff but then my other head started walling me in a game that already had too many walls. My attention also drifted elsewhere and I was trying to close out my two scumgames that just completed recently (and recovering from the overload I placed on myself).
In post 4038, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 4035, Titan wrote:Hi! Cabd game, there's more to it than x is a town role.

I've been a scum self-governor, and mattp was a scum self governor in Baltomeet.
Is it sad that the person everyone else is calling obvtown is basically agreeing with nearly everything I'm saying and yet they obvtown her yet are voting me?
Agreeing with somebody doesn't make them town. I've had scum buddy my own thoughts. I've also agreed with scum's line of thinking.

*I actually started this post over 4 hours ago. All I've been reading is Day 2 content. In case you're wondering how slow my reading pace is (and I've even been skimming/skipping some of Mastin's walls).

*Will read CF's wall explaining JSU read later. Don't really want to though because I'm not going to be trying to lynch that slot in the foreseeable future.
In post 4068, CarbonFiber wrote:I am trying to bridge a communication gap between two players that I am 99% certain are town and it is based on the certainty of my townreads there.
Not really of relevance, but did you know that people who claim they are 99% sure of something actually tend to be wrong more often than not?

Still thinking Tammy's town though.

*CF walls are the ugliest things I've ever seen and make me want to shoot myself whenever I come across them. Not that they're bad in any way, just that I know they will require focused reading and deeper levels of thinking. With that said, I'm stopping at the middle of page 165 because you guys are posting relatively quickly and I'm tired of reading right now. Spoilering all of this because it's probably really long.

For ffery/Falcon (both of them are recently completed scumgames):
Viscon Crossroads
Shitty Joke Smalltown Mafia
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4362 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:32 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4359, Titan wrote:
Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town. Scum. Town.

I'm so glad in my awful iso, you've noticed everything I've said about mastin. I'm so glad you're about to pull up everything I've said about mastin and be snarky and high and mighty about it. I'm going to be so glad to ignore it.
Last time I checked your ISO to fact check something you claimed, and then posted it, you got snarky, my townread on you diminished, you got mad, I got snarky, and now your not talking to me except to tell me how confused this game has made you.

I wouldn't dare ISO your everchanging Mastin opinion or methods of sumhunting Mastin. That would be meta from 2 weeks ago, and totally not how you are now.

So, in my game notes, I'll put down "Tammy has Mastin as null for reasons not yet researched."

Would that be accurate?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4363 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:35 am

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 4329, CarbonFiber wrote:I think you are scum and don't particularly care whether or not you are on the same page as me.
Well, I think AP's scum, too, but in the interest of fairness, if I was somehow wrong, I'd want you to put in the effort to get on the same page as him simply because that's something I also want from you to me.

AP's post about the wall was horrible, though.
In post 4333, AngryPidgeon wrote:Jesus. you wonder why RBD was so pissed off at you, this is why. You are so fucking full of yourself. Its been a great displeasure this game CF.
Well, yeah. He has been. But I've actually felt like he's put in a lot of serious effort to trying, today. A whole lot more than he did yesterday.
In post 4337, CarbonFiber wrote:I'm ignoring you because you are going into a "refute and debate" mode. It doesn't seem like you were genuinely trying to figure out my affiliation or see where I am coming from. You are not handling suspicion in a "reasonable" way. That's part of why I didn't mind interacting with Ffery/Beli because even when I questioned their affiliation, they are still talking about it in a mature way.
(One of the reasons I think he's scum, btw.)
In post 4340, AngryPidgeon wrote:This vote probably wont move before deadline.
Like hell it won't. 'Specially if I ticked you off. (Well, I'm not going to do so intentionally, but I'm not going to go out of my way to not tick you off, sooooooooooooooo...)
In post 4344, AngryPidgeon wrote:Oh also you are scumreading me and mastin and RBD on a connection case that is just bad.
Well, yeah, he was, but now, he's looking at other factors, other things about us.
There is LITERALLY no way mastin or I would be doing this as scum buddies. Literally. And from someone who has apparently been wellread in mastin meta, you should know this.
Also true, but something you haven't picked up on but that I have is that F-16 is reconsidering his stances on the matter. Like, thinking we're both scum but knowing only one of us would be, for instance.
In post 4350, AngryPidgeon wrote:If mastin is scum with RBD, surely her team would have mountains of motivation to Janitor RBD if possible.
If I'm scum with Rancid, we keep our fucking strongest scum player alive during the night, not make them vanish overnight, exposing me to attack with nobody (aside from Mac, who ended up dead) to defend me.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4364 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:43 am

In post 4360, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 4353, Titan wrote:

I don't think its a scumtell or I'd be waffling harder on them. I just find it annoying and its difficult for me to parse. I read players who are more stream of thoughts oriented better (*sigh, mastin*) because I like to read things carefully and just take in the opinions and feel out whether or not I can see that player doing that. People who are all over the place are easier to do that for in my opinion cause they document readily all the things that make them think what they think. Its less about the content and more about whether I think the opinions match omething reasonable. Ffery has been rather nebulous this game and that was part of my pressure on her D1 was to get her to do something (like lay a vote down) so I could pass a better judgment there.

Belisarius posts are more flash-bang and I can get a sense of where he is looking and why. In particular, I think his mastin pressure looks town from him.

P-edit: lol.
self meta ho.

This is nothing like how I hedge as scum. And I've dropped my usual approach as town as well because I usually don't put my mid-states in the thread and most of the waffle other players see is more of the light switch variety, with reverse trajectory tacked on. I'm not getting to end points, and it's frustrating. You guys are along for the ride until such time as I do either firm up a stance permanently or start swinging all the way to the endpoints before changing course.

As scum, I'd want to take a fucking stance or two and let the attention drift elsewhere.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4365 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:44 am

Post by Titan »

In post 4362, PeregrineV wrote:

Last time I checked your ISO to fact check something you claimed, and then posted it, you got snarky, my townread on you diminished, you got mad, I got snarky, and now your not talking to me except to tell me how confused this game has made you.

I wouldn't dare ISO your everchanging Mastin opinion or methods of sumhunting Mastin. That would be meta from 2 weeks ago, and totally not how you are now.

So, in my game notes, I'll put down "Tammy has Mastin as null for reasons not yet researched."

Would that be accurate?

Nope!

In order to be accurate you have to every five minutes change my opinion of mastin's alignment. So, you could write null, but in five minutes you should write town, five minutes after that write scum, rinse, lather repeat. That'd be time consuming though.
Half troll/Half wall.

CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4366 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:48 am

Post by CarbonFiber »

Okay, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and try this once:

Responses to AP
:
In post 4350, AngryPidgeon wrote:And why are you so certain that RBD janitored by town?

If mastin is scum with RBD, surely her team would have mountains of motivation to Janitor RBD if possible.
I am not
certain
that RBD was janitored by the town. I said that it was likely town because I was scumreading RBD. It is possible they were a scum self-janitor. I didn't specifically mention it before because I probably didn't think of it at that point.
In post 4348, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 3813, CarbonFiber wrote:Also, if a vig killed Rancid and know their affiliation, it might not be a bad idea to speak up. Just remembered I played a game offsite where there was a janitor vig and only the vig was informed of the target's affiliation.

If anyone does know Rancid's affiliation right now, it would be helpful to reveal.
Im not buying this sentiment.

ESPECIALLY because you believe yourself to have hard CC'd RBD at multiple points both Yesterday and Today:
In post 2867, CarbonFiber wrote:Also, I obviously was personally involved with the whole cc'ing miller thing so was more certain than someone watching from the outside. I don't know how it looks like from your viewpoint so I want to see where you are coming from.
In post 4320, CarbonFiber wrote:I got irritated when she defended Rancid even after he was cc'd
I am considering different possibilities.
In post 4344, AngryPidgeon wrote:Oh also you are scumreading me and mastin and RBD on a connection case that is just bad. And I tried to talk to you about that and that got blown off as well. There is LITERALLY no way mastin or I would be doing this as scum buddies. Literally. And from someone who has apparently been wellread in mastin meta, you should know this.

Your holding back and waiting for something to happen makes no sense given that you are also expressing paranoia that not acting will result in another lurker lynch. That is scummy cogmnitive dissonance.

Your ignoring my questions because "Im scum and you dont care" is scummy and Im over it.

I dont care that literally everyone is misreading you in this game. I dont think Ive accused a single damn person of misrepping anything in this game, so your little tidbit of what an argument with me is like is just a deflection. The only person Ive been having crap arguments with this game is mastin, through no fault of my own. But Ive pretty much given up caring about her for that reason.

P-edit: no, Im not.
I am not scumreading you and Mastin just based on connections. I thought your initial interactions with me was scummy. For instance, you start out with a buddying accusation on me and later try to find other reasons for scumreading me. It feels like you are trying to come up with reasons to justify a read rather than organically developing them. It is possible that you are conf-biased town seeing more and more new reasons to confbias your original read but I don't think that that is the case. For one, I can tell you are a sharp player in general, possibly objective, and able to see through the surface level to find deeper motivations. That's what I gathered from the way you play. You insistence on calling me scummy with new reasons each time feel like opportunism.
In post 4286, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 3964, CarbonFiber wrote:But the other problem I have is that you created an imaginary dialogue with you and AP saying that you and Rancid buddying hard as scum while bussing Hawk is unlikely for you to do as scum as well as the you-AP back and forth but is it really? When Rancid was being wagoned, you, Rancid, and AP all worked really well in tandem to put in your best effort to derail the lynch. That fits in quite well with what you would do as scum. A pseudo-townbloc consisting of scum.
Yes and if you read Anytihng Goes, or any mastin game, you'd know that the odds of mastin bussing me to hell and back with us being scum/scum are reallllly low, bordering on not happening ever.
I think you and Mastin are quite capable of coming up with new interactions each time you are scum together. Do you feel that your interactions are so set in stone that you won't try a distancing tactic for once?
In post 4283, AngryPidgeon wrote:Is there anyone in particular you think needs time to read and/or generate content?
The Fox and The Hound, Nacho, RedGyarados, Clyton.
In post 4272, AngryPidgeon wrote:Tl;DR: Rancid was baiting BRO with trash talk. Tensions were high especially as a result. Is it REALLY alignment indicative to want to lynch someone a lot and be invested mroe because they are talking shit? Fuck no and F16 is sort of implying it is without saying it which is also crap.
I think you are simplifying. At some level you can argue that nearly everything is non-alignment indicative (if you are Thor). My point is that the way BRO reacted to Rancid and went after them felt genuine and I don't believe his reactions were faked.
In post 4272, AngryPidgeon wrote:Tl;DR: BRO didn't act like he did in wicked when getting lynched, but its justifiable. Ok, so? The point? That doesnt mean BRO is town at all.
Titan thought he could be scum because of the differing reactions. I explained why the circumstances were different enough that I am not chalking up the differences due to BRO being scum this time.
In post 4272, AngryPidgeon wrote:Tl;DR: BRO REALLY wanted to lynch RBD. Once again, not a fucking tell? Not by its own at least. This is more IIoA and while I tend to agree with his conclusion, his way of reaching it feels excessively drawn out because it looks better than simply stating that BRO's zeal felt town.
He really wanted to lynch RBD in a genuine way and the manner in which he went about it felt real. It is not just that he did it. It is possible that scum can get invested in the lynch of a townie. I am not saying it is impossible. I am saying I looked at the way BRO in particular invested himself and thought that it looked much, much more likely town than scum.
In post 4272, AngryPidgeon wrote:Tl;DR: This is not BRO from wicked, but his meltdown made sense because he was getting wagoned for no reason. Once again, this has no actual opinion in it. Just an enormous waffle stating that BRO being upset at being wagoned makes sense. Guess what? Scum get upset at being wagoned for shit reasons too! I know I have in pretty much all my scum games ever.
The incredulity that he was wagoned came from a justified feeling that he was right. He felt that the "right" thing to happen was for RBD to get lynched and all of a sudden, him getting lynched was startling. Scum do get frustrated at being caught for the wrong reasons. That's not what BRO's frustration looked like. He was frustrated at the
idea
that someone could think that he was scum more than any particular argument.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4367 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:49 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4365, Titan wrote:

Would that be accurate?

Nope!

In order to be accurate you have to every five minutes change my opinion of mastin's alignment. So, you could write null, but in five minutes you should write town, five minutes after that write scum, rinse, lather repeat. That'd be time consuming though.
:neutral:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4368 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:49 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4361, Red Gyarados wrote:And when AP did show up, Bro comes up with some half-assed reason to townread AP. I still don't like it but you guys say he's been town as shit in his neighborhood.
Bleh, I sort of touched on this in my last list. Basically, I agree. Emotionally, BRO's focus has looked town and the breakdown has felt town. Their read on me and general lack of progression (cause lol neighborhood?, except not really cause they haven't updated their reads either way) looks sketchy. And I still really don't like BRO hinting that him townreading me should make me trust his reads and him this game...constantly.
In post 4361, Red Gyarados wrote:I just think Nacho is more likely to deflect onto easy mislynches when he's scum. The timing of the Orci wagon was terrible and something I don't think would have benefited town at all.
He also tried to wagon me and I claimed before it got a huge amount of traction. But I think hes scum on that or someone who sheeped it fast was. Would have to look.
In post 4361, Red Gyarados wrote:Notty doesn't like Orci's lack of trajectories or some other stuff that I haven't read through yet. I don't think his cagefight choices are particularly damning because:
I think the mastin trajectory looks legit from him.
In post 4361, Red Gyarados wrote:I actually completely missed you claiming yesterday for some reason (I may have been selectively ignoring you, I don't know). I also share the same game flavor as you and would now be interested in a neighborhood if you're town (apparently the game Notty chose isn't as obscure as I thought?).

I also find all the votes on you pretty hilarious when the things you've said regarding your claim checks out from Day 1.
Is it just us in the hypothetical neighborhood? I'd still like that regardless.
In post 4361, Red Gyarados wrote:Also, I find it strange for people to roll a 'cop' role and still have trouble keeping up or being motivated to play a game (with regards to the hydra that actually rolled 'modified cop'). It's just w/e though and I'm not holding any weight in it.
Im having motivation issues? You cant be serious. I was on V/LA last week in all my games due to being out of town and having a bomb blow up on me at work. I've put in a fuckton of effor on D1 and I lagged a bit on D2 but am back in force now.
In post 4361, Red Gyarados wrote:Your target is notified of your investigation?
Not that Im aware of. Bork did not seem to know that I had (although can easily be scum faking) and indicated that he had reason to -know- that I was roleblocked. Actually I still want to clarify that with Nacho cause he sort of dodged me bringing that topic up.
In post 4361, Red Gyarados wrote:How does roleblocking you make any of your investigation targets likely to be town? If you're not going to get your result, they can just choose one of their own and not give any fucks about it.
Because Bork explicitly said something about me not receiving a result was consistent with his knowledge of the game state. I.e. I think they could be a Mafia Ascetic or something and I was allowed to target them BECAUSE it would cause my role to fail and potentially make them look town in the process.
In post 4361, Red Gyarados wrote:Hmm? Maybe. Wondering if Mac was deadset on targeting Kagura and AP wasn't just roleblocked.
Ya, also possible. This is another avenue that Im thinking along that could explain why Nacho knows I was blocked (self-voyeur or something?)
In post 4361, Red Gyarados wrote:Not really of relevance, but did you know that people who claim they are 99% sure of something actually tend to be wrong more often than not?
Heh. There might be some truth to that. I recall calling 99% sure in that first mini normal with mastin that the team was her and 2 other people and all 3 were ton :oops: . Also mastin quoted me saying that and said "Whats the 1% for, backpedaling after you ML us??". Good times.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4369 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:51 am

Post by Titan »

Brian - it doesn't matter if scum know what or where I am right now. Claiming had a potential upside and very little downside if he was scum as well.

Also - I'm not town reading desp ro or ap, but I wouldn't really lynch either today, I guess anyway. I don't even remember making that post but the karate kid quote suggests wine was involved :p
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4370 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:52 am

Post by Titan »

In post 4367, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 4365, Titan wrote:

Would that be accurate?

Nope!

:neutral:
It means messy notes!
Half troll/Half wall.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4371 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:57 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4363, MastinSSK wrote:Like hell it won't. 'Specially if I ticked you off. (Well, I'm not going to do so intentionally, but I'm not going to go out of my way to not tick you off, sooooooooooooooo...)
You know I love you.
In post 4363, MastinSSK wrote:Well, yeah, he was, but now, he's looking at other factors, other things about us.
Bullshit. There was large amounts of drama cause Muffin was trying to get them to explain any of their scumreads yesterday and they refused for pages and pages. I have yet to see anything today that explains it at all.
In post 4363, MastinSSK wrote:F-16 is reconsidering his stances on the matter. Like, thinking we're both scum but knowing only one of us would be, for instance.
I havent really seen any indication of this either. At all. What.
In post 4364, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:As scum, I'd want to take a fucking stance or two and let the attention drift elsewhere.
Eh, I guess. It occurs to me that I've never actually seen you as scum before. It kind of felt that way this game though with your towntowntown reads on Bork/Titan/?Mac? and then just sort of coasting from there. But thats mostly irrelevant. I guess I am somewhat expecting Ffery from Xenosaga who actually scumread Flandre D1 and rolled with that pretty hard and Im not seeing it here. But thats just a niggle on my end that is irrelevant. I still think you are probstown. Can you explain your current read on Nacho?

eta: x-posts. tia for the response carbon thing
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4372 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 11:05 am

In post 4361, Red Gyarados wrote:PoE, sheep town reads.
I thought I did answer it sometime on day 1 but maybe not.

You coughed my direction a couple times in that wall. Did I miss other questions?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4373 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 11:14 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4366, CarbonFiber wrote:I am considering different possibilities.
What exactly are you considering? If RBD were town, would it notably affect your reads / where would you go? It just seems so odd to me to fish for that information. That is partly because it never occurred to me anyone would know (except scum obv). I strongly doubt Mac could have been killed from anything other than scum, so I suppose I agree that they make sense as a town kill. My kneejerk reaction to that was to wonder why you didn't ask inside your neighborhood since the highest concentration of people scumreading RBD seem to be in there (Yggdra, JSU iirc). Instead you ask everyone which I dont quite get the motivation for to assume you have been wrong about your reads all this time despite having a very large conviction to the contrary.
In post 4366, CarbonFiber wrote:It is possible that you are conf-biased town seeing more and more new reasons to confbias your original read but I don't think that that is the case. For one, I can tell you are a sharp player in general, possibly objective, and able to see through the surface level to find deeper motivations. That's what I gathered from the way you play. You insistence on calling me scummy with new reasons each time feel like opportunism.
I mean, opportunism? I think Im actually literally the only person in the thread with a scumread on you and have been since RBD fell off a cliff last night. Opportunism suggests that I am getting some sort of easy scum advantage for hedging an opinion on you, which Id love to hear what that could be cause I've mostly gotten flak from the entire player base (Mastin, JSU, you, others?) for my read on you that I ultimately just sort of stopped caring at the start of D2.
In post 4366, CarbonFiber wrote:I think you and Mastin are quite capable of coming up with new interactions each time you are scum together. Do you feel that your interactions are so set in stone that you won't try a distancing tactic for once?
Ok, I'll admit its not "impossible" for us to do this as scum/scum, but why do you think its likely the case? You spent all D1 talking about how mastin and I were just creating noise and saying we were both scum with RBD. Im most certainly biased on the issue given that Im town and townreading both of those players, but I just have an extremely hard time seeing why someone would find this -likely-. Mastin has a fairly extensive history of not bussing and is proud of it. Im more sporadic, but I would never bus a buddy so hard when they are actually salvageable and when me bussing them could be the tipping point in a lynch.

--
Re Town case on BRO. I think my main beef when I read that was the extensive references to Wicked. It felt like you were trying to overjustify the read. You kept acknowledging that BRO wasnt playing like Wicked as if you -should- have a good reasson to think hes scum but were somehow determined to townread him and wanted to be explicit that about ...Im at a lack for a word right now, gah. Covering your bases? It felt a little guilty in nature I guess and weird to presuppose that BRO wasnt playing to town meta and then conclude the opposite. I didnt see Tammy had explicitly referenced Wicked as a meta point on BRO until after I responded. So I recant a bit of my feelings there.
In post 4366, CarbonFiber wrote:The incredulity that he was wagoned came from a justified feeling that he was right. He felt that the "right" thing to happen was for RBD to get lynched and all of a sudden, him getting lynched was startling. Scum do get frustrated at being caught for the wrong reasons. That's not what BRO's frustration looked like. He was frustrated at the idea that someone could think that he was scum more than any particular argument.
Hm. This is goingto just have to be an agree to disagree point I guess. I just know that as scum Im totally capable of freaking out and convincing myself that I am right and town.

Actually, that reminds me of something I wanted to talk about re Mastin. Because I know in Game of Champions mafia (I was scum) I tried SO HARD. I busted my ass that game and ended up winning. At some point, mastin commented on the game and mentioned that I had an unhealthy obsession with winning as scum. And I think she said something here that felt like she was actively ignoring that side of me that she is fully aware of and called me scummy for something else.....But ya ignore this bit until I actually find what I was looking for.

Fake edit: Ugh. I dunno anymore. I think its just Yggdra. I cant remember a single good reason for anyone finding them to be town. Im quickly entering Lord Patator realms of waffling here and I dont wanna. I dont have that much snaity left : [
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4374 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 11:18 am

In post 4371, AngryPidgeon wrote:Eh, I guess. It occurs to me that I've never actually seen you as scum before. It kind of felt that way this game though with your towntowntown reads on Bork/Titan/?Mac? and then just sort of coasting from there. But thats mostly irrelevant. I guess I am somewhat expecting Ffery from Xenosaga who actually scumread Flandre D1 and rolled with that pretty hard and Im not seeing it here. But thats just a niggle on my end that is irrelevant. I still think you are probstown. Can you explain your current read on Nacho?
I had a town read on bork and I kept it all of day 1. The deadline danse macabre made me worry about nacho, but it's really hard to see him calling attention to himself so blatantly, like in that string of posts where every post was a back and forth vote between two players. He could have redirected the lynch without making nearly such a spectacle.

Would he make the spectacle as scum anyway? possibly. So back to the borkread.

Which started to go a little stale over the weekend.

And then nacho wk's me a little in the process of scumreading Mastin.

And his catch up posts are what I like to see from him when he's town. Exactly what I like to see from him. Exactly the tone and the types of posts to respond to that I like to see from him. Exactly what he's been able to do as scum lately in a few games we've played together.

He and I both know I can't read him that way anymore.

And the borkread. Some of the stuff I look for was there in spades. Some of the stuff I kept waiting to see, and only got occasional flashes. And I can see two really compelling reasons why town-bork might not hit all those notes as often as I expect in the game thread this time. There's an active neighborhood. And there's real life.

He's not a strong town read, but he's above the line where I'd contemplate lynching him.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”