Newbie 1488: Igloo-Town Tragedy (Game Over)

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 1:22 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 569, Billi bilaði wrote:2) Why did you disregard my comment of DDD being smack in the middle, and the question of if we should believe him? (And I think I put up a little case against you a few posts earlier. No comment on that ?) OK, I did vote for you, and you are at L-1, but maybe mainly because we really need L-1's at this stage. (And we really would need more of them, but I don't think there will be time.)
And I don't get why you think smack in the middle matters. First, are you suggesting I precisely controlled the number of interactions so that I'd fall exactly in the middle when I had no idea anyone would even look at that factor numerically? And second, what the heck does it mean? I've never heard anyone make anyone make an argument that scum partners interact "a middle amount"; commonly the try to avoid each other but their are plenty of exceptions but in those cases you make an argument about the interactions not just that they interacted "some".
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

Wish this DDD vote would have come sooner and from somebody other than billi.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

In post 569, Billi bilaði wrote:
In post 563, dawn_to_dusk wrote:a lot of you
wont take me seriously so im quite tempted to vote myself, effectively lynching myself.
i would have, then realised we still have a day to go. many will disagree with this move but i feel that it is the only way to get people to not skip over this, thinking i am scum.
Billi bilaði wrote:The following are PrivateI's interactions with other players, in the order he first interacted with them.

Interesting that DDD is smack in the middle.

Now, do we take to DDD's pow that PrivateI would have had the least interaction with his partner?
disregarding jake who was most likely read for different reasons,
this to me seems like you are trying to say that the amount of times private has interacted with people (directly) rates them the same way
. look, random was stated town and had the most interactions with the scum. i had the least, and i am rated most mafia. now look at all in between. it seems to be that the more interactions private had with people determines how scummy they seem. which makes no sense at all and is seeming quite stupid from my point of view. i can see where DDD is coming from with his thought on less interactions makes more mafia possibility, but i am in no state to say anything for certain as the flip might be true: the most interactions are the scum.
now for a second, lets assume that what you said in that table is legit. private quoted me 3 times so im not thinking you did it that way,
im thinking you did it with direct interactions. why not count 371 for both me and jk?
it seems you were skipping it on purpose since both me and jk were on the bottom. this is in no regards to the content of the post, just the fact that the post existed.
1) Awww. Not the self pity card. I take everybody seriously (who play the game), but everybody can't be telling the truth.
2) Why did you disregard my comment of DDD being smack in the middle, and the question of if we should believe him? (And I think I put up a little case against you a few posts earlier. No comment on that ?) OK, I did vote for you, and you are at L-1, but maybe mainly because we really need L-1's at this stage. (And we really would need more of them, but I don't think there will be time.)
3) I am visualizing DDD's arguments against you, and not (as such) making a case against you. I visualized innocents lie after PrivateI raised the questions and asked for backup. Now I visualized this one. (It would be nice if PrivateI and DDD would have done so themselves. But I wanted that info, and when I had collected it, the best place to store it is in the game.)
4) Because post 371 is a direct answer to random, and you and jk are just part of the answers. That I don't count as interaction with you too. (But you have pointed it out, so all players can note that if they want to.)

PS: All in all, this defense is too weak, in my opinion, for me to retract my vote just now. Now I need to check out how much time until nightfall, and see how much I can participate for the remaining time...
1. i really didnt want my post to just be a second thought. my original plan was to kill myself (conf town) then post my reads in detail for the next day
2. it didnt seem to mean anything
3. k
4. ^
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Vote Count 3.04
  • dawn_to_dusk (2) -
    Debonair Danny DiPietro, randomidget
  • randomidget (2) -
    jklash12, dawn_to_dusk
  • Billi bilaði (1) -
    Jake from State Farm
  • Debonair Danny DiPietro (1) -
    Billi bilaði
  • Jake from State Farm (0) -

• jklash12 (0) -

• Not Voting (0) –
With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline is 11PM EST March 3
Countdown: (expired on 2014-05-03 23:00:00)

[/i][/area]
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

In post 536, Billi bilaði wrote:
In post 86, dawn_to_dusk wrote:
Billi bilaði wrote:I'll put my vote into play before the BB4 on it expires. Lurking is a good enough reason for the first casting.
So, dawn_to_dust, why are you forced to vote to stay alive?
VOTE: dawn_to_dusk
mainly because i misread the rules.
im used to rules on other sites
saying that if you dont vote for 2 days, you will be modkilled. but since the prodding thing is here, that seems unnecessary.

UNVOTE: Private
you havent made any response or action against me voting for you. therefore, i feel that you are civi and do not deserve my vote.

keeping my vote until further notice
In post 86 (above) you are used to rules on other sites...
In post 377, dawn_to_dusk wrote:@Private
My vote on DDD was not based on RM's vote. I would have voted DDD whether or not RM voted him. This is almost shown as I kept my vote on DDD the entirety of day 1.

I am completely inexperienced. I know no signs to find people but I am working on it.
I do not know how to detect slips and my own reads are very weak. Heck, I at the beginning, I thought read meant cop-tell. For that reason, I vote with people who seem most reasonable and vote for people who I am not thinking is town.

I will be sticking around the newbie games for a while for this reason.

(Btw, sorry private, I tried to prevent the hammer long enough for you to post)(this is going to be really awkward if you turn out mafia)
In post 377 you are completely inexperienced...
In post 500, dawn_to_dusk wrote:
In post 498, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 497, Jake from State Farm wrote:Oh please enlighten us all with your reasons for your town reads.

I'm curious to hear good reasons...
I only have one town read which is on random which I have already articulated; I have a not scum read on Billi, and a "I'm willing to give a pass for a day because there are two players who actually look like scum to me" to jklash.
In post 499, Jake from State Farm wrote:You only explained that he's a town read cause the kill was from an experienced player. I don't see anywhere else where you give reasons. Link please?
If that's the only reason, that is a terrible reason. Jk might be 'playing dumb' and acting newbie here since no one knows how he plays, and this way, he can avert attention away from himself.
For all we know, he might be on a different site winning mafia after mafia and we have no idea of this.

I have a town read on jk for other reasons, but if that's your read on him, it's a terrible read.

P.S. If I got the wrong person, same goes for a few others as well.
Might you be playing mafia after mafia on a different site with a long winning streak? ...

course not :shifty:

In post 520, dawn_to_dusk wrote::/ DDD's post is hard to counter...

1st, I'll post about me supposedly lynching my scum partner.
Out of the mafia forums, I have played 6 or 7 mafia games. My 1st game, I was scum and was went up against a much better player than me (who was also scum) and won. I lynched a fellow scum (the scum had a concealing role so he wasn't revealed as scum). I was then NK'd by the rogue.

The point of the story is, this was my 1st mafia game and lynching mafia got me killed. That scared me out of lynching scum partners. Period.

I'll do more later, but for now, I must leave.
Why would something that happens in one game "create" a self-opposed ban on you experimenting further with that situation?

cos im that type of person? i really dont know how to respond to this question :P

You start this game on the lurky side. My first vote in the game is on you for that reason.
You have horrible track record with post about and towards PrivateI, and even start to point that out yourself for us to notice.
more WIFOM for you sir?

The only thin stopping me from believing DDD and vote for you is your jumping off of my wagon on day 2 instead of letting L-1 on me simmer for awhile, and, of all places, go to PrivateI. Hmmm.

I think I'll ISO randomidget next. (Currently only jk and Jake are in my "not to vote for" corner.)
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 2:54 pm

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

In post 568, Randomnamechange wrote:I have explained this behaviour several times.
and i have explained the fact that its suspicious because of the content of the posts, not the presence of the posts
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

In post 574, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 564, dawn_to_dusk wrote:i made an RVS vote. what your saying is like saying IV was scum because he was targeted by private in private's first post. but we all know that IV was town. whats the difference between that and me?
He's a bit more experienced so slightly less likely to do the same thing but it is pretty much the same thing; notice where I said it wasn't a strong argument on it's own though, it's just a piece of the puzzle.
a piece is still a piece. i needed to explain the action
In post 564, dawn_to_dusk wrote:i was trying to out you as scum at that time and i didnt want to post it until i had things in bulk. after a while, i forgot about that post as it meant nothing to me
You were trying to out me as scum but you can't explain your one claimed reason at the time for thinking that true?
"i didnt want to post it until i had things in bulk."
In post 564, dawn_to_dusk wrote:what is that supposed to mean? i asked if you had a scum read on private, and if so, why. you, as IC, are doing one hell of a job as to say that i shouldnt be asking why someone votes someone else
Questions are good, but when they read a little defensive and worried about someone who is confirmed scum that gives me possibly useful information.
thanks for the information
In post 564, dawn_to_dusk wrote:well if were going by that logic, wouldnt you more likely be wary of random since he used my reason for voting (which was his) rather than just voting after he made his reads? after all, it was a perfect time to vote private as you said
Not really, the second vote on Private may his lynch a possibity which is riskier for scum, your vote was just a curiosity.
so i should have waited for someone to vote the scum and then join the wagon? all wagons start somewhere, it was just fortunate that mine started a scum wagon
In post 564, dawn_to_dusk wrote:if i was mafia, i would be no where near as reckless as that. i mean, even i saw that when going through my posts! and we have SE's and IC's in this so of course i wouldnt be that reckless
If you haven't read up on WIFOM you should. I wouldn't do that as scum because it's so reckless; so it makes sense for scum to do it because it looks town which means it has to be treated as a scum thing again which means scum would never do it and it goes around and around in a big circle.
WIFOM is tasty. but that way, a lot more could be WIFOM too
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 11:12 pm

Post by Randomnamechange »

I've done an ISO on DDD, and would put him as a definite lynch candidate for tomorrow. Got to go now, but will post my reasons later.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 11:13 pm

Also, 8 hours to deadline and we have no L-1.
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:20 am

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

im happy with a no lynch, most wagons were leading to a mislynch anyway
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:58 am

I'm good with a random or ddd lynch

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 4:30 am

vote: random

I'm not sure if I'll be on at deadline so want to get this down.

jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 4:50 am

Post by jklash12 »

Ok we are at L-1 with random. Can we please have one more vote to get us a lynch.
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 4:52 am

Post by jklash12 »

In post 582, Randomnamechange wrote:I've done an ISO on DDD, and would put him as a definite lynch candidate for tomorrow. Got to go now, but will post my reasons later.
Why tomorrow and why not today? We are still in day 2 and can talk about day 3 when we get there.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 6:11 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Random, you have somewhere in the vicinity of six hours to claim.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 10:49 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 573, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:So you'll kill a L-1 wagon for a temporary vote that has no chance of getting a lynch, bravisimo.
Thank you.
Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 11:00 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 575, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 569, Billi bilaði wrote:2) Why did you disregard my comment of DDD being smack in the middle, and the question of if we should believe him? (And I think I put up a little case against you a few posts earlier. No comment on that ?) OK, I did vote for you, and you are at L-1, but maybe mainly because we really need L-1's at this stage. (And we really would need more of them, but I don't think there will be time.)
And I don't get why you think smack in the middle matters. First, are you suggesting I precisely controlled the number of interactions so that I'd fall exactly in the middle when I had no idea anyone would even look at that factor numerically? And second, what the heck does it mean? I've never heard anyone make anyone make an argument that scum partners interact "a middle amount"; commonly the try to avoid each other but their are plenty of exceptions but in those cases you make an argument about the interactions not just that they interacted "some".
Once again you come with answers that make my skin crawl. (I would highlight, but my computer cord decided to die on me, and I'm trying to do this on my phone for the first time.)
You are smack in the middle in more than one sence, as you are a NULL read as well as in the interaction middle. But of course you twist this to make the "accuser" feel a bit stupid. Well, nothing more on this post since it is a bit difficult with a small screen.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 11:12 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 587, jklash12 wrote:Ok we are at L-1 with random. Can we please have one more vote to get us a lynch.
No. Because you are too focused on him without compelling enough evidence for my taste.

I'm not a fan of dawn's recent responses either, so I'll move over there now, but with a wish that we can move over to DDD before nightfall.

Now, how can I vote without the bracket button? I'll figure that out before I vote.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 11:14 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

VOTE: dawn_to_dusk
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 11:44 am

Deadline is 11PM EST March 3
Countdown: (expired on 2014-05-03 23:00:00)
Just dropping this here

Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 11:49 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

That's 3am for me, so I won't be around then.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 11:50 am

VOTE: Unvote dtdOk, im town tracker. Also just wanted to say that I have been really stupid. Last night I tracked dtd. He couldnt have killed Zephyr.
VOTE: Vote DDD he is the player I would most like dead at the end of the day.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 11:50 am

Idk what the vc is even at

Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 11:51 am

Didnt see that coming did ya jk?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 11:52 am

It's possible we don't have a tracker

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”