Newbie 1488: Igloo-Town Tragedy (Game Over)

Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 7:18 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Vote Count 4.01
  • Debonair Danny DiPietro (1) -
    Jake from State Farm
  • Billi bilaði (0) -

• Jake from State Farm (0) -

• jklash12 (0) -

• dawn_to_dusk (0) -

• Not Voting (4) – dawn_to_dusk, Billi bilaði, Debonair Danny DiPietro, jklash12
With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline is 12AM EST May 21
Countdown: (expired on 2014-05-21 00:00:00)
[/i][/area]
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 9:00 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 674, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 663, Billi bilaði wrote:As I am, you should be happy to hang if you are
pretty certain
that the last mafioso hangs no later than tomorrow. So, I'm willing to discuss with you which one of the 3 of you is innocent. After that has been established I might be willing to follow your voting today.
I am certain to pretty certain of about three things; 1) I'm town, 2) You and DTD are town, 3) I don't trust you and DTD to make the right decision without me holding your hand; so no I will never be happy with my lynch in these circumstances.
In post 664, Billi bilaði wrote:If we mislynch today either me or dawn will be nightkilled. Is there anyway for the townies to affect the nk-selection to our benefit?
Not that I can think of.
In post 671, jklash12 wrote:
In post 596, Randomnamechange wrote:VOTE: Unvote dtdOk, im town tracker. Also just wanted to say that I have been really stupid. Last night I tracked dtd. He couldnt have killed Zephyr.
VOTE: Vote DDD he is the player I would most like dead at the end of the day.
I'm an idiot. :facepalm:
Like literally scum cannot be this incompetent, right? It'd be mind-boggling. Furthermore Jake has completely given up any pretense of giving a fuck, earlier in D4 he was chiding Billi for not providing reasons and then he provides none for his vote? I imagine it's much more likely that it's Jake trying to run a scam than jk and his attitude seems to be an attempt to parrot Billi's attitude so we can even tack pandering onto the charges.
In post 673, Billi bilaði wrote:But my thoughts at this point would only help the mafioso to wiggle and twist.
So, I'll interact with you reactively, and not be putting forward half-baked thoughts that might confuse things.

You know that either or both of jk and Jake are townies.
Same goes for them.
So, you 3 deciding upon which of you 3 is the most likely townie would give us a lynch pool of 2 that should be a very sweet deal for the 4 townies
So your logic is, we have two confirmed town players but instead of letting them dictate the day we should instead put it in the hands of two unconfirmed town players and a scum player to dictate how the day will go. Why would you willingly turn over any power to scum? Seize the game by the fucking throat and make sure it's the town who dictate how the day will go and not scum.
You just love to make me dislike you.
I have stated my preferences and my reasons so it is the turn of you guys to convince me if I'm wrong. It is not my job to restate my reasons over and over again so you can sit back and tell me how much of a fool I am.
If I need you to hold my hand I'll ask. You don't need to offer, and I'll certainly not allow you to grab it without a leave.
Now go play the game with the others, and I'll do what I godamn please!
Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 10:17 am

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

Reaction tests would have gone a long way with sorting out the townies and scum. Guess that's not an option now
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 10:25 am

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

" 3) I don't trust you and DTD to make the right decision without me holding your hand"
"Why would you willingly turn over any power to scum?"

These contradict each other sooooo much. You start by saying we need you to win and we should be following you. You then continue by saying that giving any power to a possible scum is the worst thing for town. Last I checked, you weren't confirmed. So wouldn't we want to keep the power to ourselves in case you were scum? Which I am thinking is a lot more likely now given that you are asking for power and rejecting the idea of giving it to other people
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 4:49 pm

Post by jklash12 »

In post 678, dawn_to_dusk wrote:" 3) I don't trust you and DTD to make the right decision without me holding your hand"
"Why would you willingly turn over any power to scum?"

These contradict each other sooooo much. You start by saying we need you to win and we should be following you. You then continue by saying that giving any power to a possible scum is the worst thing for town. Last I checked, you weren't confirmed. So wouldn't we want to keep the power to ourselves in case you were scum? Which I am thinking is a lot more likely now given that you are asking for power and rejecting the idea of giving it to other people
Who are you talking about here? DDD never asked for any power. He wanted you and billi to help with the power since you are the conf town.
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

"3) I don't trust you and DTD to make the right decision without me holding your hand; so no I will never be happy with my lynch in these circumstances."

He's asking us to let him direct us. That's how I took it at least.
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 4:56 pm

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

I'm talking about DDD regarding me and billi
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 680, dawn_to_dusk wrote:"3) I don't trust you and DTD to make the right decision without me holding your hand; so no I will never be happy with my lynch in these circumstances."

And it's not the first time he wants us to follow him.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 2:45 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 682, Billi bilaði wrote:
In post 680, dawn_to_dusk wrote:"3) I don't trust you and DTD to make the right decision without me holding your hand; so no I will never be happy with my lynch in these circumstances."

And it's not the first time he wants us to follow him.
Let's flip that around, why on Earth would I want to be ignored, what benefit would that serve me as town or scum? But if I'm scum if you follow me to lynch the other two I win the game, and since I am town if you follow me to lynch the other two we win the game. So of course I want you to follow me.

DTD it's very simple, my first line was in response to Billi's nonsequitor about being happy with my own lynch; if I were lynched today I do not trust you or Billi to make the right decision, I don't think you'll make the wrong decision but it'll be a coin flip type situation. However, if I'm in LYLO then I get a voice, I get to help make the decision and I trust in myself that I can get you or Billi to make the right decision. That being said I trust you two about a billion times more than Jake and jklash and would rather you two have control of the day instead of them because of the obvious benefits I already mentioned.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 2:03 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

So, DDD, your thoughts about Jake being a likely townie because he seems to be reading the game too carelessly? Of the top of my head I can cite two instances where he is not registering what has been said (I do hand my mafia-partners if I deem it good, and therefor can believe that jk would do the same), and not understanding until weeks later what is being said (that he was being isolated from the heard by a nightkill).
Am I wrong to get the feeling that I'm doing a repeat of innocent if I start to focus on Jake as a mafioso?
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 2:04 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

Sorry. It should be "... (I do HANG...) in the post above.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 2:23 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

I'm not reading the game carelessly. The game is auto win from my viewpoint. I mean if you really want to put effort in to be right today I can but I don't have motivation to. If DDD isn't scum then it's jk

Nobody had really made a good case for why I'm scum, but they can't cause I'm not.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 3:30 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 686, Jake from State Farm wrote:I'm not reading the game carelessly. The game is auto win from my viewpoint. I mean if you really want to put effort in to be right today I can but I don't have motivation to. If DDD isn't scum then it's jk

Nobody had really made a good case for why I'm scum, but they can't cause I'm not.
I beg to differ, but I know I won't change your mind about this, so, whatever.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 3:45 am

As I said earlier you and dtd are under the most pressure. From my pov it's 1 of 2 people and we have 1 mislynch. It's the se for whoever the other townie is.

I just don't see the point for me but also nobody's really directing any questions towards me. If you think I need to defend myself, tell me what you think I've done that makes me scum and I'll do it. If that means I get lynched to narrow the field, so be it.

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 4:36 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

My original suspicions of you all stand, as your defences have only been that it couldn't be you "just because".
But then my thoughts that it couldn't be you, you refute. So I probably should go back to point the finger at you. Hmmm.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 4:52 am

I don't think it went exactly like that but I get what you are trying to say. In reality anything I say, and actually applies to anyone defending themselves, it's ultimately nothing but wifom and Nuh uh. I can point you to where I've put in all the work and effort in mylo/lylo and been wrong and times I've been right. Like DDD said it's sort of line a coin toss.

I'm not scum cause I absolutely would have bussed private for town cred, I certainly wouldn't kill zeph. I like to kill people to set up others to make it easier to mislynch. Zeph wasn't going to get anyone mislynched. Random's hit list before that night was who I would have looked to setup.

But all that is easily dismissed as wifom, but it's how I play as scum.

Maybe I'm overlooking jk too much but like I said it's one of those 2 so I'm right today or I'm right tomorrow, either way I'm right and we win

Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 10:57 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

What is the difference between these 3 votes:
In post 88, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:...
~~

VOTE: PrivateI
In post 98, jklash12 wrote:I am actually not against DDD's private vote. I like it. Looking at Private's posts He has just asked questions in his last couple posts and not much of substance as far as trying to find scum. This would be a good tactic for scum because 1. It gives you more posts and looks like you are active 2. Looks like to other town that you are trying to figure out the game.

VOTE: Private
In post 138, Jake from State Farm wrote:
vote private I
Well, the only one with a reason is jklash12's, and DDD uses that later to back up his vote.

PrivateI doesn't respond to any of these votes, (but does respond to mine, which was the 4th one on this wagon, and put him to L-1).

Later PrivateI interacts with DDD to tell him he loves him as a player (post 153).
Even later he interacts with jklash12.
(Didn't read far enough this time around to find interaction with Jake. Need to review my interaction table.)
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 11:11 am

I didn't give a reason. But my first vote in most of my games I don't give a reason. As for not interacting with me, I'm not sure why he didn't.

Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 110, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Prodding fused_shadows.

Edit: And PrivateI
Any likelyhead that both mafiosos were prodded in the same post?
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

Soon there will be half the day done, with nothing much to show for it, and then at the end DDD will be unhappy if I retract my vote from an L-1.
So, I believe we can easily continue this day with the
status at L-1
(and DDD won't be so unhappy should I retract):

VOTE: DDD
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 2:43 pm

Post by jklash12 »

Sorry it was a busy mother's day weekend.

Apparently I am in the same boat as DDD and Jake because I know I am town which makes one of them scum. So if we lynch DDD and Jake we win. And thus one of these is a lie
In post 683, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Let's flip that around, why on Earth would I want to be ignored, what benefit would that serve me as town or scum? But if I'm scum if you follow me to lynch the other two I win the game, and since I am town if you follow me to lynch the other two we win the game. So of course I want you to follow me.
In post 686, Jake from State Farm wrote:I'm not reading the game carelessly. The game is auto win from my viewpoint. I mean if you really want to put effort in to be right today I can but I don't have motivation to. If DDD isn't scum then it's jk

Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Vote Count 4.02
  • Debonair Danny DiPietro (2) -
    Jake from State Farm, Billi bilaði
    [L-1]

• Billi bilaði (0) -

• Jake from State Farm (0) -

• jklash12 (0) -

• dawn_to_dusk (0) -

• Not Voting (3) – dawn_to_dusk, Debonair Danny DiPietro, jklash12
With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline is 12AM EST May 21
Countdown: (expired on 2014-05-21 00:00:00)
[/i][/area]
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 8:07 pm

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

Soooo tempting to quickhammer, I've wanted DDD gone since day 1 XD

But I won't. If he isn't scum, we lost a valuable player. If he is, we could vote him tomorrow.

So DDD, why do you think we should give power to you. Not why do you WANT us to give power to you, why SHOULD we give it to you.

Btw, saying 'cos I'm town' isn't a viable response
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2014 3:18 am

In post 684, Billi bilaði wrote:So, DDD, your thoughts about Jake being a likely townie because he seems to be reading the game too carelessly? Of the top of my head I can cite two instances where he is not registering what has been said (I do hand my mafia-partners if I deem it good, and therefor can believe that jk would do the same), and not understanding until weeks later what is being said (that he was being isolated from the heard by a nightkill).
Am I wrong to get the feeling that I'm doing a repeat of innocent if I start to focus on Jake as a mafioso?
I don't think that's accurate at all; if he's a bad player then he's a bad player as town and scum. I have played with him before and he has plenty of site experience so I believe it's much more likely that he's affecting such behavior because he believes it'll sway you into thinking just that.
In post 693, Billi bilaði wrote:
In post 110, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Prodding fused_shadows.

Edit: And PrivateI
Any likelyhead that both mafiosos were prodded in the same post?
Completely irrelevant.
In post 694, Billi bilaði wrote:Soon there will be half the day done, with nothing much to show for it, and then at the end DDD will be unhappy if I retract my vote from an L-1.
So, I believe we can easily continue this day with the
status at L-1
(and DDD won't be so unhappy should I retract):

VOTE: DDD
No, instead I'll be unhappy with you right now and would really like to call you all sort of names with a liberal sprinkling of curse words for good measures. But yeah, this is awful.
In post 697, dawn_to_dusk wrote:So DDD, why do you think we should give power to you. Not why do you WANT us to give power to you, why SHOULD we give it to you.

Btw, saying 'cos I'm town' isn't a viable response
I'm pretty sure my record stacks up better than anyone else's in calling town and scum correctly in this game. Billi wanted to know the difference between the PrivateI votes on day one? The difference is my vote was first, it wasn't influenced because of the popularity of the wagon, it wasn't a product of convenience it was because in a vacuum I thought PrivateI most likely to be scum. And do you see where Jake says he'll gladly bus his scum partner well let me tell you something about me, I almost never bus my scum partner, the only times when I do that is when they are literally confirmed as scum due to power roles. About the only mistake that I made was pushing you yesterday instead of Jake but even that is a relative town tell because it would've been super easy for me to sheep jk's random read but instead I trusted my own town read on him until he was pretty much the only option.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2014 3:21 am

Oh and to add to the last point as to why I'm town and should be listed to, today I've tried to get the confirmed town players involved and pissed them off instead of trying to hide in the background because I think it's generally better for the town though if it's drawing town votes on me maybe I was wrong.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”