Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 5:54 pm

Post by Regfan »

Holy crap, I think that was a hammer, 4 votes (Xay, Me, BBT, Mora).

F-16 if you're town try and get everything in here asap (Especially who you want lynched tomorrow).
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Ugh, Mora is scum.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 5:56 pm

Okay, I think it might take a while for JS to get here but I really want to talk about that townread on Mora.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 5:58 pm

Post by Regfan »

Yeah I seriously cannot understand that hammer in the slightest, removed any chance of anyone being able to read and assess your content.

Pedit: I don't have long but it was based mostly around finding his frustration with everyone acting anti-town and scummy and his scumhunting being genuine. I haven't had a chance to read your posts yet but I'm guessing there's a case on him, if so I'll give it a big read through later because that hammer kills my town read alone.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 5:58 pm

Yeah, checked the VC, you are right. I got hammered. Only my fourth mislynch and first outside of LYLO/scum fake-claiming a guilty on me but I probably deserved it signing up for a game when I am jammed.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:00 pm

I'll try to put together a little more coherent one as I am not entirely sure I expressed it properly. Hopefully it'll be a while before JS gets here. He is inactive as fuck.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by Regfan »

You'd agree with me in saying that BBT/Mala are both very probably town though, right?

Also what did you make of Xay soft-claimng doc with the "I'll only claim if I absolutely have to" to claim VT?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:02 pm

Post by Regfan »

Also uh oh, I have a feeling I might not be living through the night as well actually.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:05 pm

I honestly don't know. You said that claiming doc won't help him - and then he claimed VT.

If he was scum, I think he'd want to make it more believable and thought that there is a good chance he could get me lynched and make you reconsider if he did something unexpected.

But I went over all of his early posts and it feels so much like suboptimal town than scum. But I am not sure.

I agree on BBT and Mala scum. If I were still in the game, I probably wouldn't have banked the game on BBT, but Mala was nothing like my scumpartner in Wicked so I'd have banked the game on her.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:05 pm

BBT and Mala town.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:10 pm

Oh, also, I don't know if you noticed but BBT doesn't actually fit into a scumteam with anybody else in the game with the possible exception of Xayzeck.

If Mora is scum, we know for sure BBT isn't scum because of the way they interacted early game. Shinobi may fit with Mora. I actually won't discount a Mora/Xayzeck team entirely.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:10 pm

Post by Regfan »

F-16, I remember finding Moras meta research and case on Xay townish and things like the 3rd spoiler first paragraph in read very town.
In post 1111, Moratorium wrote:Yeah, also, FFF, fuck your read-switch-tally board.

vote: F16_Fighting_Falcon
Mora, if you get on before this threads closed you really need to start explaining this hammer asap.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:15 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Holy shit when did Mora hammer? Rofl I didn't even notice people voting F-16.

Boy we are in for a fun ride.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:19 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Mala coasted a shitton through today too.

Rofl the replacements are just getting wrecked. We have two lynchbait players heading into lylo, this is gonna be messy.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:23 pm

On second thoughts, I don't know if Mora/Shinobi makes that much sense especially since Mora was the one who called out Shinobi on the Wolfy case. But I keep getting this weird feeling that Shinobi knows Xayzeck is town and the only way that could be true is if he is scum with Mora. I'll look for the quotes if the thread doesn't get locked.

I did find , the paragraph you quoted townish and the I'd accept the abuse if Mala is scum feels really town.

I don't like his response to me though. He basically OMGUSed me which if a less skilled player did it wouldn't be significant at all but with the depth of thought process that Mora showed in this game, I find it weird that I post a case on him and he refutes it, and then votes me in response.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:33 pm

In post 1087, Xayzeck wrote:Except that I can't convince people because I don't do cases?

I've been low activity this game because my reads have been all over, and given how I started and shit I haven't been super involved either. There were periods where my activity in this game when up, but they didn't last very long.

Basically I've got townreads on people, and PoE gives me scum:
BBT is actively contributing, pushing the game forward, from D1 til now
Shinobi came off as super town starting with pushing BBT(I think it was) for reads, and though his activity has dropped every once in a while, he hasn't done anything to even lead me to suspect he is scum

Mala started out as town because her play resembled what I've seen from her, but as the game progressed the meta read wasn't enough to keep myself convinced.
Mora started out protown, but like I've said he's kinda just tornado'd my reads all over, and probably intentionally, and that could be intentional.

F-16 though, has played with me a couple of times, and he hasn't caught up completely so I haven't said anything about him, but first off, he's played with me a ton.
He should have a good grip on what my towngame is like, and he's seen my scumgame too. Given the experience he has with me, and the experience he has with mafia, he should be able to figure me out, and he's done an awful job at it so far. I thought it was because he hadn't caught up completely, so I didn't really bother poking at him about it.
And holding off content until 2 days before deadline? I see no reason someone like F-16, as town, would do that. He replaces in, rolls scum, pushes someone, and disappears hoping to ride some towncred to deadline. Lovely ain't it?
I think this appeal to meta felt genuine. Reminds me of all the times I play with someone that I expect to read me correctly and they don't, and then I'd scumread them. So, the expectation that I should read him felt genuine.

EXCEPT, as my alt Impact, I actually suspected him when we were both town and once pushed an L-1 flashwagon on him but backed off and then wagoned someone else. So, I am not entirely sure he would have an expectation that I read him correctly when past experience has shown that it is at least somewhat murky.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:34 pm

In post 1138, Shinobi wrote:Mala coasted a shitton through today too.

Rofl the replacements are just getting wrecked. We have two lynchbait players heading into lylo, this is gonna be messy.
Who are the lynchbait players exactly?
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:40 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1141, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 1138, Shinobi wrote:Mala coasted a shitton through today too.

Who are the lynchbait players exactly?
Mala and Xayzeck. Mala keeps martyring herself (which, at this point, is really concerning) and Xayzeck is universally scumread.

It'll be really scary to be in a 5 way with those two, but I have no idea who's gonna bite it tonight. This is gonna be terrifying.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:54 pm

In post 854, Moratorium wrote:
In post 849, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 845, Moratorium wrote: 2) Everyone in the game arguably has Jcozmo in their bottom 2. No defenders. No one with anything close to a townread. So if he's town, scum is just fine with that vote. If he's scum, he's getting bussed.
Are you happy to vote for Jcozmo? If not, why not? If so, why?
I think so. His latest outbursts and over-emotional responses seem contrived.
Voting now, however, is a hammer, so I'll hold off pending further discussion.

BBT wrote:
In post 848, Shinobi wrote:And also I'm pretty sure MM tried to vote you at one point. So you can just move yourself to the bottom of his list as well.
I think he has probably used MM's coded list of his reads.
This.
Mora in general seems to be pretty aware of the votecount. If he did it accidentally here, something feels off.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 1:02 am

Post by Moratorium »

Great. Well, hammer was a mistake. Jcozmo and FFF are the same person.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 2:22 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 1144, Moratorium wrote:Great. Well, hammer was a mistake. Jcozmo and FFF are the same person.
how does this justify the hammer?
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 2:31 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 1139, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:On second thoughts, I don't know if Mora/Shinobi makes that much sense especially since Mora was the one who called out Shinobi on the Wolfy case. But I keep getting this weird feeling that Shinobi knows Xayzeck is town and the only way that could be true is if he is scum with Mora. I'll look for the quotes if the thread doesn't get locked.
Why does Shinobi have to be scum with Mora to know I'm town? He could just be scum, period. Can you elaborate?
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 2:35 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 1140, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:EXCEPT, as my alt Impact, I actually suspected him when we were both town and once pushed an L-1 flashwagon on him but backed off and then wagoned someone else. So, I am not entirely sure he would have an expectation that I read him correctly when past experience has shown that it is at least somewhat murky.
I believe that was when you met townme. I don't know for what reason you didn't townread me in that game based on what you saw from scumme in Scumhunters, but I recall you having a diamondhard townread on me after that flash, or at least toward the end of the game. It doesn't matter you scumread, by the end you're probably familiar with me as town, since I was one of your strongest townreads, and that's not murky at all.
GMT+8
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 2:38 am

Post by Moratorium »

In post 1145, Xayzeck wrote:
In post 1144, Moratorium wrote:Great. Well, hammer was a mistake. Jcozmo and FFF are the same person.
how does this justify the hammer?
It doesn't, I thought he was L-1.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 2:45 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 1094, Regfan wrote:1) He stated you were his STRONGEST town read in the game purely due to meta reasons (Can you please at least ISO him and take a look at it yourself. 2) His town read changed purely due to my opinion and no new information, his reasoning was "I'm just agreeing with you now man" pretty much, take a look at it. 3) He'd stop because being active = having me interrogate him which is something scum would want to avoid?
1) Yes I'm aware of that, and I've already told you what I thought about it. Are you perhaps looking for a different answer?
2) If you had a townread on someone, but that person didn't do anything, it would make sense to keep townreading them, right? And I get that you find it fishy he just sheeps you on me, I find it fishy too, but a) you're conftown and b) listening to people is part of the game. Combine those two together, I can still see his behaviour coming from town as much as I can see it coming from scum, so I can't agree this is a scumtell.
3) Possible. I personally don't like his excuse of "oh i'm letting someone take over the lead of town because he's conf", because you can make just as much contributions as town. The thing is, he is one of the leading people in this game along with BBT and Mora, and in the event they are both town, wouldn't you agree this is a pretty ballsy move? Unless we're looking at a Shinobi/Mora scumteam, I don't think him backing off with your entry is a BIG scumtell, but I understand where you're coming from.
GMT+8

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”