Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 2:47 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 1099, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I mean, I just can't argue against any of this. I agree, let's lynch Mala. I have pointed out numerous times how inactive she has been on both days but particularly on D2, but nobody seems willing to listen. She then glides in and provides one post which is a shining beacon of town-like activity (my assumption of how people read Mala's posts, not how I read them in case that wasn't obvious) and leaves again for days.
If you're agreeing with an F-16/Mala scumteam, why are you so eager to lynch Mala over F-16? What difference would it make?
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 2:50 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 1099, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I don't agree with this. There must have been specific posts when you started thinking 'What is Mora trying to do here?' or 'That's a little confusing and doesn't make sense' etc etc, I would very much like to see some specific posts.
I already said, end D1 play, where I would scroll this game and be like "mora wall ugh what's he doing I'm so confused what why", go and take a shower, grab a cola, sit down and look at this thread and be like "ugh don't feel like drinking this anymore"

I cannot pinpoint any specific post that made me feel this way, I've already tried to explain what I didn't like by pointing you towards his end D1 play, what are you so insistent on specific posts?
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 2:53 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 1101, Regfan wrote:You do bring up a valid point re; Xays “I won’t claim unless I absolutely have to” looking like a doctor soft-claim, would like an explanation about that whole thing from Xay when he comes online though I have a feeling I might know what it might be due to.
didn't want to claim unless at L-1 with intent, for no reason at all. It was only when you pointed out it looked like I was setting up for a doc fakeclaim that I realised I needed to claim VT straight up and not leave it hanging to avoid a potential CC.

as for why I decided to respond to claim comments in such a fashion, I've got no idea
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 3:13 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 1132, Regfan wrote:Also uh oh, I have a feeling I might not be living through the night as well actually.
What makes you say that? There's still doc, scum won't risk rbing someone and kill you, only to have them not be doc?
GMT+8
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 3:19 am

Post by Moratorium »

In post 1136, Regfan wrote:F-16, I remember finding Moras meta research and case on Xay townish and things like the 3rd spoiler first paragraph in read very town.
In post 1111, Moratorium wrote:Yeah, also, FFF, fuck your read-switch-tally board.

vote: F16_Fighting_Falcon
Mora, if you get on before this threads closed you really need to start explaining this hammer asap.
This happened because I think the reason he was making a point to tally read switches was to prevent read switches.

I only saw two votes on FFF go by, and forgot to count the Xayzeck vote on Jcozmo (which is still listed that way in the votecount). It's a bad mistake.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 3:20 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 1132, Regfan wrote:Also uh oh, I have a feeling I might not be living through the night as well actually.
Hammer reads null now
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 3:21 am

Post by Xayzeck »

ignore derpquote
GMT+8
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 3:37 am

Post by Regfan »

Will have a chance to get to this in about an hour, hoping it's not locked by then.

F-16, can you be online in an hour? If not just list your flat out reads in one post for me please.

Mora, I have serious difficulty believing that you had no idea that your vote was the hammer given that it would mean that you'd have to forget that F-16 was Jcoz's replacement and that's clearly something you had knowledge of. And why was his "tally read switches" to prevent read switches and not to you know monitor them to try and get reads? I can not understand your vote there in the slightest.
There's also the fact that if you didn't think that he was at L-1 then you'd have thought your vote would have moved him to L-1 so why did you not announce that? You did in when you L-1'ed Enomis AND in when you put Xay to L-1.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 3:43 am

Post by Regfan »

Ugh, I see Jacob online so in case things go really badly tonight and I end up dead I'm pretty positive that BBT and Mala are town (It'd be nice if Mala could be more active though), there's posts from Xay that do make me question my scum read there so I'm not sure if I'd suggest lynching there straight away though again more activity and more stances would be nice from him. I think Moras hammer there doesn't add up and is a real stretch to believe that is something that Town!Mora would do so my town read on him is dead, someone I'd suggest looking into. Still think Shinobi is scum, serious case of active lurking and coasting at this point and I know others are doing the same thing but it's the fact that it doesn't match his early game play that is the larger scum tell; scum often start of strong and very active and then once they're town read or not suspected vanish, that's what it looks like Shinobi has done.

Think I agree with F-16 that it's 2 inside Shin/Xay/Mora and I'd probably lynch inside of Shin/Mora first.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 3:44 am

Post by JacobSavage »

Votecount 2.6

F-16_Fighting_Falcon [4]:
Xayzeck, Regfan, BlueBloodedToffee, Moratorium
[LYNCH]

Xayzeck[1]:
Malakittens

Not Voting [2]:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Shinobi

With 7 alive it takes
to lynch[/i]

Deadline is 20th May 2014 at 2200 BST ((expired on 2014-05-20 22:00:00))
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 3:47 am

Post by JacobSavage »

END OF DAY 2

F-16_Fighting_Falcon was lynched, he was a
Vanilla Townie

Night 1 starts now, deadline on the 21stApril at 1600 BST ((expired on 2014-05-21 16:00:00))
"
"

I have a GTKAS!
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 11:54 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

START OF DAY 3
(Finally)

Shinobi was killed, he was a
Vanilla Townie

Day 3 starts now, Night will fall on 11th June 2014, at 1200 BST ((expired on 2014-06-11 12:00:00))
"
"

I have a GTKAS!
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 12:03 am

Post by Xayzeck »

If doc outs now, we'll have 2 clears, the job will be pretty easy from there on.
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 12:04 am

Post by Xayzeck »

At least, I think that would be the best strategy for our current situation
GMT+8
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 2:27 am

Post by Moratorium »

Post #1162 isn't true.

I claim doctor. Protected MafiaModerator/Regfan night 1, protected Malakittens night 2 in an attempt to outguess the scumteam and dig us out of the hole we were in. I'm reasonably sure that claiming now is the best move given the circumstances, but we're in mylo, so if someone town puts out a vote too quick on the wrong person, we basically lose immediately.

I tried to play this game on the edge of scummy-but-don't-get-lynched, so as not to get nightkilled, once I saw how important doctor surviving appeared to be according to the Newbie Stats thread. And I've learned that apparently that's pretty hard to do, I keep getting read as obvtown. The additional problem with this particular game, of course, is that the cop claimed D1, so as long as the Roleblocker is still alive, town is up shit creek. So keeping myself alive was only going to be useful if we could figure out who the roleblocker was. This is why you don't claim cop unprompted D1. Ever.

Yesterday's hammer was a mistake, but I'll have more to say about that in post-game.

Please vote for my counter-claimer.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 2:30 am

Post by Regfan »

Hey, the sites back up finally. I got no result last night so scum roleblocked me again.

If there's a counter claim to Mora we need to hear it today.

I believe Mala also thought she noticed who the doctor was so I want Mala to answer if A) She thought Mora was doc and B) Why she believed such.

I won't comment on anything else until we've sorted out if there's a cc or not.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 2:31 am

Post by Regfan »

Mora touched on it but I want to make it clear:
No one should put a vote down (Given this is lylo) until we're all ready to lynch
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 3:44 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 1164, Moratorium wrote:Post #1162 isn't true.

I claim doctor. Protected MafiaModerator/Regfan night 1, protected Malakittens night 2 in an attempt to outguess the scumteam and dig us out of the hole we were in. I'm reasonably sure that claiming now is the best move given the circumstances, but we're in mylo, so if someone town puts out a vote too quick on the wrong person, we basically lose immediately.

I tried to play this game on the edge of scummy-but-don't-get-lynched, so as not to get nightkilled, once I saw how important doctor surviving appeared to be according to the Newbie Stats thread. And I've learned that apparently that's pretty hard to do, I keep getting read as obvtown. The additional problem with this particular game, of course, is that the cop claimed D1, so as long as the Roleblocker is still alive, town is up shit creek. So keeping myself alive was only going to be useful if we could figure out who the roleblocker was. This is why you don't claim cop unprompted D1. Ever.

Yesterday's hammer was a mistake, but I'll have more to say about that in post-game.

Please vote for my counter-claimer.
Hmm, I guess this was your only move after your hammer yesterday. I'm not sure anyone counter-claiming just yet is the right way to go either. If it is, I need convincing.

It looks like I was the only one who read you as you were trying to be read. If that was your intention, it sure is a convenient way to explain your scummy behaviour at times. What makes you so sure there will be a counter-claim?

In case you haven't picked up on it, I don't believe your claim.

I also expect Mala to say that she had Mora down as Doc. Just saying.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 4:21 am

Post by Moratorium »

In post 1167, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Hmm, I guess this was your only move after your hammer yesterday.
It's not a move.
I'm not sure anyone counter-claiming just yet is the right way to go either. If it is, I need convincing.
Reads like a soft CC. Also reads like you didn't think to discuss a doctor claim in scumchat, and this is you asking for advice from your scumpartner (which by PoE is currently either SE or IC).
It looks like I was the only one who read you as you were trying to be read. If that was your intention, it sure is a convenient way to explain your scummy behaviour at times.
If you are scum, you'll be unwilling to budge from this position. If you are the third town, you must ISO me with the thought that I am doctor, and look at my play based on that, and whether it makes sense in the grand scope of the game. The hammer was a mistake. Look at it. Look at why. Look at my play overall. I protected Malakittens in the hope that scum would target her for nightkill because she was the quietest, acting-most-like-a-hiding-doctor player.
What makes you so sure there will be a counter-claim?
I'm not, but if there is one, please vote it. Are you counter-claiming?
In case you haven't picked up on it, I don't believe your claim.
K.
I also expect Mala to say that she had Mora down as Doc. Just saying.
So do I, but because of this:
Malakittens wrote:Meaning I'm sure I know who the doc is. If this is the case I think the last two townies I have a shot at knowing and scum in my last pool of my reads.

(Also to WIFOM scum I have randomized my town list to avoid them knowing whom I believe is doc.)
Right. She didn't randomize anything. She just saw that she had listed me as her towniest person before, couldn't go back and edit it, so made up this whole random town list thing.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 4:26 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 1167, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Hmm, I guess this was your only move after your hammer yesterday. I'm not sure anyone counter-claiming just yet is the right way to go either. If it is, I need convincing.
Most certainly is needed, if there's no CC then Mora is clear and if he's not doctor that means we'd be clearing a mafia.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 4:31 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 1168, Moratorium wrote:I protected Malakittens in the hope that scum would target her for nightkill because she was the quietest, acting-most-like-a-hiding-doctor player.
Explain how this fits with the fact that she claimed VT D1.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 4:36 am

Post by Moratorium »

She'd already been characterized as lying once in this game, regarding her own meta. So I didn't think scum would take her claim too seriously, and might take a shot at her.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 4:39 am

Post by Moratorium »

I felt like my alternative, of just protecting the claimed cop again, was just another waste of time like it had been on N1 since the RB was still alive. However, on N1, I didn't know what kind of play scum might be trying, so I just went with the safest alternative and kept the cop alive. Once I saw that they were doc-fishing, I tried to outguess them.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 4:47 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 1168, Moratorium wrote:
Reads like a soft CC. Also reads like you didn't think to discuss a doctor claim in scumchat, and this is you asking for advice from your scumpartner (which by PoE is currently either SE or
IC
).
Umm, is this you scum-reading someone who you considered nailed on town yesterday?
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 4:52 am

Post by Moratorium »

In post 1173, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1168, Moratorium wrote:
Reads like a soft CC. Also reads like you didn't think to discuss a doctor claim in scumchat, and this is you asking for advice from your scumpartner (which by PoE is currently either SE or
IC
).
Umm, is this you scum-reading someone who you considered nailed on town yesterday?
Absolutely. Only one of you three is town, and if I'm so conceited as to know for a fact which one it is, we lose.

The rules change in lylo.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”