Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 8:14 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

oh but I don't know if I'm ready. my body's saying yes, but my heart is saying yes...

Wait a minute.

Vote: LML
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 8:14 am

Post by chamber »

In post 211, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 210, Glork wrote:Incidentally, I am SUPER DUPER AMUSED that people are crying foul at MafiaSSK's "big wagons good" theory, when
at the time he referred to my wagon as "almighty" he jumped AWAY from it, thereby creating a greater spread of votes.

Like, this wagon is legit based on nothing SSK did to actually hurt the game, and just on his theory crafting.
It's the beginning of the game, voting based on "theory crafting" is superior to randomly. We will gain more insight into the game with long bandwagons, determined very arbitrarily for the most part, and the quality of which will shape the outcome of the rest of the game.
This is a scum post.
Taking a break from the site.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 8:29 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Go fly a kite chamber, we're trying to catch scum here.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 8:49 am

Post by undo »

In post 226, chamber wrote:This is a scum post.
Interesting. What exactly strikes you as scummy in ABR's post, chamber?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 8:51 am

Chamber why don't you have a seat on this couch right here.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 9:10 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Scum team: Seol/ABR/Green Crayons/DrippingGoofball/Porochaz
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 9:14 am

No. No. No. NO.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 9:33 am

I need both of you to trust me. Right now, okay? Please just work with me here, and I promise I will explain everything later, okay?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 9:33 am

Everything I did....I did it for the family....
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 9:43 am

Post by Glork »

In post 233, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Everything I did....I did it for the family....
That sounds like something a member of the <InsertItalianName> Mafia Family would say.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 10:20 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 225, Save The Dragons wrote:oh but I don't know if I'm ready. my body's saying yes, but my heart is saying yes...

Wait a minute.

Vote: LML
Wait. Why? Do you think your mind could chime in here?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 10:25 am

In post 113, Save The Dragons wrote: (At least) one of this set { petroleumjelly, Seol, Porochaz, Green Crayons }
is highly likely to be opportunistic mafia. You can toss
LoudMouthLee
in there for the FOS.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 10:25 am

I also kind of want to know how he feels about my rational for chasing after undo.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 10:49 am

Post by Porochaz »

Hi all,

My granny died today.

Am going to try and stay in the game, as A. I want to and B. it would suck massively if I wasn't since I looked to start it. But at the same time, I am going to play it by ear.

I hope thats ok and I hope not to disrupt things to much.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 1:59 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 208, Green Crayons wrote:@Sotty:

You're quoting something I wrote that directly addresses how you dismissed the MafiaSSK wagon. I'm not sure what more you want, when you're responding to a statement that is exactly what you're asking for.
It's because I think your distinction between the two reasonings is extremely thin. One draws suspicion and the other doesn't, makes me feel you're not being very genuine.
In post 214, Tigris wrote:Happy birthday sotty =)
Thank you!
In post 230, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Scum team: Seol/ABR/Green Crayons/DrippingGoofball/Porochaz
Yes, no, probably, naaah, not feeling it.

Sorry to hear that Porochaz :(
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 2:08 pm

Sotty thoughts on LML and petroleumjelly?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 3:15 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Porochaz, sorry for your loss.

-----

@Sotty:

In post 239, Sotty7 wrote:
In post 208, Green Crayons wrote:@Sotty:

You're quoting something I wrote that directly addresses how you dismissed the MafiaSSK wagon. I'm not sure what more you want, when you're responding to a statement that is exactly what you're asking for.
It's because I think your distinction between the two reasonings is extremely thin. One draws suspicion and the other doesn't, makes me feel you're not being very genuine.
I thought both of your responses were worthy of attention. (.) MafiaSSK made me rethink that position. ( and .) Which, upon rumination, led to my difference in opinion about the two different reactions.

Two players can react to the same event, and the difference in that reaction can signify the difference in town and scum mentality. While I agree there's a broad similarity between your and Vitamin's reactions (that is, you both reacted to the same thing), the actual substance of y'all's reactions are noteworthy.

You disagreed with the reasoning ("Seems like a poor excuse to vote him"). To me, this denotes a town mentality: cautious about bad voting, and critiquing the rationale for a vote.

In contrast, Vitamin slandered the players themselves ("Feels like a bunch of strong players going for an easy target.") To me, this denotes a scum mentality: attacking the players, rather than the rationale for their votes, to get the attention on the who instead of the why. This leads to identity-based suspicion rather than suspicion based on players who pushed bad reasons to lynch people.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 3:32 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hey. I'm back. Half asleep, but back.

I'm getting some weird vibes off of Undo's posting so far this game. Kind of wishy-washy. Kisses up to everyone in first post, votes DGB "as homage". ? Says MafiaSSK's post #45 " doesn't look right", but then hedges that read, and doesn't vote. Takes off random vote on DGB without voting anyone else. Then later votes SSK.
fos:Undo
Posting and voting pattern so far looks overly cautious.

Oh, and to answer your question, Undo:
Wouldn't that 'balsiness' make VitaminR more probable to be town?
VitimanR's move is only "ballsy" because if SSK or Tigras flip scum eventually, he looks linked to them, and it creates a lot of confusion. My suggestion was that VitimanR's move would be a lot less risky if he already knew SSK's and Tigras's alignment.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

With two little girls in the house, I do not get to post on the weekends very often. Sorry in advance. Please expect a few responses tomorrow morning, around 8am EST.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 8:24 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

1.)
In post 167, VitaminR wrote:
In post 107, petroleumjelly wrote:
4.)
VitaminR, who do you think the "weak" players are in this game? And yes, I ask this question with the knowledge that you are unlikely to be making friends with your answer...
I didn't necessarily mean to draw a distinction between good and bad players. Mentally substitute in: 'players who are typically perceived as being strong at theory discussion'. I thought it was striking that you, Seol, and LML were all going after the same person based largely on bandwagon theory in a short period of time. I don't know MafiaSSK's pedigree that well, but it seemed to me like there was a power disparity there that none of you seemed concerned about.
Thank you for your answer. Now please answer who you think the "weak" players are in the game.

You are correct that I am not concerned with whether MafiaSSK is a "weak" player. I am concerned with lynching scum.

2.)
VitaminR, I asked you to decide who you would vote in the first two pages of the game because that was all the information
I
had when I placed my original vote on MafiaSSK. If the best
you
can come up with is:
In post 167, VitaminR wrote:As for the first two pages, I placed a semi-serious vote on DGB, who I thought was very quick to declare chamber town
... then I fail to see what is wrong with pursuing MafiaSSK's switch to Tigris and subsequent theory assertion.

3.)
Not impressed with Glork.

->
a.)
He has mentioned how interesting Tigris is for him ( and ), but he failed to ask Tigris a single question.

->
b.)
He has acted like nobody considered that MafiaSSK's act of voting Tigris was not following his own theory advice of sticking with the largest bandwagon (to the point of being ). This topic
has
been covered (see, e.g., ) and reflects poorly MafiaSSK if anything, especially since MafiaSSK pretty much has to argue that Tigris did a to explain his own switch.

Relatedly, Glork tries to act like the votes and suspicions on MafiaSSK are comprised solely on a disagreement on theory. They are not, though a few of the original pressure votes appear to be theory-based.

->
c.)
In post 171, Glork wrote:I'd like PJ to branch out and actually give scum/town opinions on people not named MafiaSSK. While I'm fine with the asking-questions thing (in part because it's consistent with what I'd expect him to do, and in part because I've behaved similarly this far), I'm anxious for follow-up.
Bluntly, I don't care what you'd like. I have no Town reads. I will pursue potential scum as I see fit.

4.)
In post 173, MafiaSSK wrote:But even if you do feel that my very real "artificial suspicions" on CES were bad, I don't see how you can actually think of them as scummy. I am creating these interactions with each of these players. I am giving my opinions. I am creating active discussion within the town that wouldn't have happened otherwise.
Generating discussion does not excuse or justify your artificial and inflated suspicions on Cogito Ergo Sum. Still happy with my vote.

Side note: MafiaSSK, please stop quoting entire posts. Only quote what is required.

5.)
In post 179, Green Crayons wrote:@PJ:

Any particular reason why you picked the two players that you did in your Question 3 of Post 107?
Yes.

6.)
In post 200, Natirasha wrote:Yeah I don't really feel like reading the thread...
This is insulting. If you don't want to read the game, please replace out. There are others who would be happy to take your slot.

7.)
In post 232, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I need both of you to trust me. Right now, okay? Please just work with me here, and I promise I will explain everything later, okay?
FoS: Albert B. Rampage
. May switch my vote soon.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 8:33 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 244, petroleumjelly wrote:This is insulting. If you don't want to read the game, please replace out. There are others who would be happy to take your slot.
Things are only insulting if you want them to be. There are perfectly harmless ways to interpret what he said. The most likely being that he didn't have the drive to catch up in that moment and intended to focus more on interactions going forward.
In post 244, petroleumjelly wrote:FoS: Albert B. Rampage. May switch my vote soon.
Why did you feel the need to telegraph a potential vote change?
Taking a break from the site.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 12:16 am

Post by undo »

Yosarian2 wrote:Hey. I'm back. Half asleep, but back.

I'm getting some weird vibes off of Undo's posting so far this game. Kind of wishy-washy. Kisses up to everyone in first post, votes DGB "as homage". ? Says MafiaSSK's post #45 " doesn't look right", but then hedges that read, and doesn't vote. Takes off random vote on DGB without voting anyone else. Then later votes SSK. fos:Undo Posting and voting pattern so far looks overly cautious.
May I recommend you to get some sleep then? Your acumen seems to be impaired :P

No, but seriously, you've just made a chronological list of some of my actions in this game. What's actually suspicious about them? The fact that I am excited to be playing this game (shame on you for dismissing my sincere first post as fawning!)? The fact that I don't vote when I don't find anything immediately voteworthy?

Not everyone plays the same way. I for one don't follow my gut. I don't go voting or fosing people without having minimally solid arguments to do it. If you take one action that I find dubious but not necessarily scummy, I'll take note of it for myself. If you keep on acting dubiously, I will have reasons to find you scummy and evidence to justify my read.

I've been asking questions to several players (some of which remain unresponded) to collect material, so to speak -- but until I form anything valid and concrete from that material, I keep my votes to myself.
Yosarian2 wrote:VitimanR's move is only "ballsy" because if SSK or Tigras flip scum eventually, he looks linked to them, and it creates a lot of confusion. My suggestion was that VitimanR's move would be a lot less risky if he already knew SSK's and Tigras's alignment.
I see what you mean. So considering you think VitR is scum, are you townreading LML, PJ, and Seol?
Albert B. Rampage wrote:His votes don't inspire trust.
How so?
petroleumjelly wrote:This is insulting. If you don't want to read the game, please replace out. There are others who would be happy to take your slot.
Natirasha is a new-school player, that's just what they do. I guess he's going through culture shock here. Amirite Nati? ;D

@chamber: why is ABR scum?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 2:27 am

In post 232, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I need both of you to trust me. Right now, okay? Please just work with me here, and I promise I will explain everything later, okay?
This is a quote from breaking bad. When Walter goes No no no NO.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 2:28 am

Unvote, vote Petroleumjelly

"May switch my vote soon" is scummy.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 4:12 am

Post by VitaminR »

In post 244, petroleumjelly wrote:Thank you for your answer. Now please answer who you think the "weak" players are in the game.

You are correct that I am not concerned with whether MafiaSSK is a "weak" player. I am concerned with lynching scum.
I refrained from doing so for a reason. I gave you the answer that was behind my reaction to the MafiaSSK wagon (strong at theory, with reputations = you, Seol, LML; not so = MafiaSSK, Tigris). I don't see how it's a useful exercise for me to say who I think isn't that good at mafia. (Not that I even really have particular people in mind.)
In post 244, petroleumjelly wrote:
2.)
VitaminR, I asked you to decide who you would vote in the first two pages of the game because that was all the information
I
had when I placed my original vote on MafiaSSK. If the best
you
can come up with is:
In post 167, VitaminR wrote:As for the first two pages, I placed a semi-serious vote on DGB, who I thought was very quick to declare chamber town
... then I fail to see what is wrong with pursuing MafiaSSK's switch to Tigris and subsequent theory assertion.
I don't see how it matters whether my vote was any better. I wasn't suspicious of your vote because I thought there were necessarily better votes. I thought the way you came to your vote was
scummy

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”