Newbie 1504: The Weakest Link (Game over!)

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 7:23 am

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 1-5

With 9 players alive, it will take 5 votes to lynch or no lynch.

Malakittens (1): singersigner (L-4)
medea (1): gameplay506 (L-4)
LaVidaensuMuerta (1): Corrino, (L-4)
ignition (1): Spandax Faffy (L-4)
Spandex Faffy (1): Malakittens (L-4)
gameplay506 (1): Burning_Earth (L-4)
Burning_Earth (1): ignition (L-4)

Not voting (2): LaVidaensuMuerte, medea

Mod note: all full, all happy!

Deadline for day one falls in: (expired on 2014-05-29 16:58:44)
Last edited by Cabd on Tue May 20, 2014 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
LaVidaensuMuerte
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 9:25 am

Post by LaVidaensuMuerte »

At the moment, I am only particularly suspicious of BE. His short posts and unwillingness to explain his previous actions makes me feel like he doesn't have an explanation and that doesn't sit well with me. While I am still willing to believe that it is simply his play style, I am not afraid to put a bit of pressure on him to see if we can't get an actual answer/response out of him.

VOTE: Burning Earth
Corrino
Corrino
Townie
Corrino
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 10:53 am

Post by Corrino »

In post 94, Burning_Earth wrote:Singersigner seems to be posting an odd amount of fluff (and not IC fluff)

I like the guy I'm voting (I suck at names) for town now. Medea and ignition are probtown as well.

My vote will go to gameplay. He said that spandex is suspicious for trying to lynch the lurker, then said the lurker is suspicious

VOTE: Gameplay(insert numbers here)
I really don't like this it's just another jump from one person to another with a weak reason. Gameplay even said in his post that he's suspicious of the lurker because of past experience.

I'm not going to vote for burning at the moment but I do have a question for anyone experienced I guess. What is normally a good vote amount to leave someone at for pressure at this point in the the game? I would guess you don't want to go down to -1 because then anyone can come in and lynch but is -2 good or should it be left at -3 at this point?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 5:16 pm

Post by singersigner »

The mere fact that you're expressing suspicion at this point is pressure. L-2 isn't bad because it's safe from a quick hammer, but if you're not confident enough to either switch or make a vote, an FoS will do (or as you did, imply you would if you weren't afraid of repercussions, etc).

What's actually telling for me is that not only is one of the three experienced players in the game under suspicion, but it is by three newer players. This wasn't driven by one of the SEs or myself. I'm going to to focus on that when I do my reread, and I'll unvote for now since that didn't really go anywhere.

unvote

Also @ignition...fair enough.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 6:55 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

Hey guys I was really busy yesterday and I couldn't post. I will post some time today when I have computer acess.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 2:00 pm

Post by Cabd »

So the site was down for quite a while, I apologize greatly for that. I will be sending out a heads up PM to everyone, and the deadline will be suspended until you've all checked in or replacements have been otherwise found.
Spandex Faffy
Spandex Faffy
Townie
Spandex Faffy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 2:06 pm

Post by Spandex Faffy »

In post 104, gameplay506 wrote:Hey guys I was really busy yesterday and I couldn't post. I will post some time today when I have computer acess.
FOS: Gameplay

For not posting in the thread since saying this
UnFOS: Gameplay

Because the site was down
So, how did the weeks break treat everyone?
Spandex Faffy
Spandex Faffy
Townie
Spandex Faffy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by Spandex Faffy »

@MOD: When the pause is lifted how much time do we have left before day end?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 2:17 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1, Cabd wrote:24. In the event of site downtime lasting more than 3 hours; time will be added to the deadline to compensate at a 1 to 1 ratio.
You'll be getting the whole week that was lost.
Corrino
Corrino
Townie
Corrino
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 2:24 pm

Post by Corrino »

Posting cuz the sites back yay!
Spandex Faffy
Spandex Faffy
Townie
Spandex Faffy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by Spandex Faffy »

@MOD: wait so before the pause we had something less than 1 day 19 hours, do we now have more than a week of time to continue discussion? Or is it that we have the same amount of time now that we did before (so a little under 1 day 19 hours)?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 110, Spandex Faffy wrote:
@MOD: wait so before the pause we had something less than 1 day 19 hours, do we now have more than a week of time to continue discussion? Or is it that we have the same amount of time now that we did before (so a little under 1 day 19 hours)?
You'll get what was left on the clock PLUS the week things were down to give plenty of time for everyone to get settled back in.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by Malakittens »

This is a test.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 4:38 pm

Post by singersigner »

Beep boop

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 4:40 pm

Post by singersigner »

I was just checking in before bed since I heard the site was back up, so this is just an acknowledgement that I have a promised reread to do of what I glossed over when the game first started. This will be done after my shift tomorrow wooooo.

I like tomatoes.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 6:57 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

Ok so the site is finally up and I can post.
Spandex Faffy wrote:
In post 104, gameplay506 wrote:Hey guys I was really busy yesterday and I couldn't post. I will post some time today when I have computer acess.

For not posting in the thread since saying this
UnFOS: Gameplay

Because the site was down
So, how did the weeks break treat everyone?
Spandex what was the point of that? Was it an attempt to prove you are scumhunting or trying to pressure me? What are you trying to achieve with a fos and unfos right away?

This and BE post for voting me are just retarded-I can't find any logic in those posts. I will get to BE's post after school because it needs more explanation.
ignition
ignition
Townie
ignition
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 11:59 pm

Post by ignition »

Just checking in for now. Proper post will come later when im less busy/not on a phone.
Spandex Faffy
Spandex Faffy
Townie
Spandex Faffy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 12:50 am

Post by Spandex Faffy »

@gameplay: Obvious joke is obvious, it wasn't a serious FOS because you didn't have a choice in not posting because the site was down. As for scum hunting, no, it wasn't, it was a check in post, with a joke in it.

Because the joke was so obvious I can see no other reason to misunderstand it other than trying to make me look bad, well done buddy, you made the list for real this time.
Spandex Faffy
Spandex Faffy
Townie
Spandex Faffy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 12:57 am

Post by Spandex Faffy »

But gameplay has a point about BE and his continued nonsense vote switching.
Unvote

Not going to vote BE yet because I don't want any funny business with hammering until we are actually sure we want any given person lynched but right now I'll put a big old
FOS: BE

and new guy isn't off my radar yet but I do think BE is a better source of information right now so
FOS: Ignition
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 2:48 am

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 117, Spandex Faffy wrote:@gameplay: Obvious joke is obvious, it wasn't a serious FOS because you didn't have a choice in not posting because the site was down. As for scum hunting, no, it wasn't, it was a check in post, with a joke in it.

Because the joke was so obvious I can see no other reason to misunderstand it other than trying to make me look bad, well done buddy, you made the list for real this time.
Hm I don't want to offend you or anything but that was a really bad joke. If you hadn't said it is a joke, I wouldn't have guessed lol...
I guess if you are going to FoS me for not understanding your joke, I will FoS you for your inability to make proper jokes.
FOS: Spandex Faffy

Does that seems normal to you?

About BE:

That post was just so bad and I wonder how did nobody mention it except Corrino? I will break it down to make a understandable analysis:
Burning_Earth wrote:My vote will go to gameplay. He said that spandex is suspicious for trying to lynch the lurker, then said the lurker is suspicious
Hm I think I already explained why I find them scummy. I did this in post and I explained my thoughts for both. I don't think you can miss a post in which someone explains his scum reads. That's why I think you are just switching votes and trying to see on which wagon will most people jump and see who will be a good target for a lynch. I think it goes without saying that this is something I find extremely scummy.
Burning_Earth wrote:I like the guy I'm voting (I suck at names) for town now. Medea and ignition are probtown as well.
That was just a nice attempt to buddy with someone. You just throw something without any explanation not to mention that then ignition had made only 2 posts and I think that this isn't enough to have an opinion on anybody's alignment it is at all.

With that said I think this is more than enough for me to vote him at this point of the game.
VOTE: Burning_Earth
I think somebody said that 3 votes are good for pressure so wets see how BE will respond to it.

Burning_Earth wrote:Singersigner seems to be posting an odd amount of fluff (and not IC fluff)
What do you mean by that?

@Spandex
how do you think FoS-ing half of the players here will help you? Did it occur to you that by fosing a lot of players you will just make you foses and votes look weightless? Also what do you base your FoS on ignition on? I didn't see much of an explanation and I would like to know your reasons for it.
Spandex Faffy
Spandex Faffy
Townie
Spandex Faffy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 3:16 am

Post by Spandex Faffy »

The FOS on ignition is more left over from my suspitions on Tyrouh, Ignition hasn't really done anything to warrent a FOS but he hasn't done anything to dispell the suspisions I have on the guy he replaced, also I am not FOSing half the players. I am FOSing my 3 most likely scum reads, don't say my votes seem weightless, the only reason for you to say that is to try and make them weightless, right now it seems like you are just trying to make me look bad.

Also you and Corrino aren't the only one noticing BE's rediculous voting habits, the entire thread is on that and pointing it out. Good catch on the buddying though, I'm not sure how much it has worked though.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 3:35 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Spandex how can I make you look bad if you don't make bad posts in the first place? I can't "make you look bad" or anyone else unless they don't make themselves look bad. Stop blaming me and start searching for the fault in your posts.
Spandex Faffy
Spandex Faffy
Townie
Spandex Faffy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 3:43 am

Post by Spandex Faffy »

I didn't say your attempts were strong, you are picking at problems that don't exist, please explain why 3 FOS's makes my votes weak, there are two scum and I think they are quite possibly among my 3 FOS's, how is that weak? And how does making a joke make me look suspicious?
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 3:51 am

Post by gameplay506 »

First on what nonexistable problems am I picking? Secondly if you are going to constantly fos people and fos a lot of people, even if you manage to fos scum he wouldn't feel threatened because there will be like 2-3 other people that you are fosing and the chance of focusing on him and voting him will be much smaller than compared to fosing him alone. That's why I say that by fosing so much you don't really put any pressure on anybody. About the joke - I thought that you were going to get my logic but I guess not. I meant that if you are going to fos me for random reasons like being unable to understand your joke, I can as well fos you for being unable to make jokes. That's why I added the " Does this seem normal to you?" thing.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 3:56 am

Post by singersigner »

In post 118, Spandex Faffy wrote:But gameplay has a point about BE and his continued nonsense vote switching.
Unvote

Not going to vote BE yet because I don't want any funny business with hammering until we are actually sure we want any given person lynched but right now I'll put a big old
FOS: BE

and new guy isn't off my radar yet but I do think BE is a better source of information right now so
FOS: Ignition
First of all, why all the suspicion with no vote? At first I thought the three FoSes in a row were scummy, but then I kind of realized it was probably the equivalent of saying "these are my top three scumreads" which is very common to do early on when there's not a whole lot of information.

The thing I find scummy now is 1. the concern over "funny business with hammering" when it would take two quickish votes to do that, and 2. the lack of vote at all. As town, a quick hammer scenario would actually be good for us because it can give us plenty of information to work with, be it a town flip and finding scum at the end of the wagon, or a scum flip and discussing whether a not a scum buddy was avoiding the wagon ending it quicker so as not to be found out via his buddy. The lack of vote concerns me because you state a preference to not vote one while having two other suspects.

Alternatively, I'm not happy about gameplay's counter with a vote on the same person that Spandex voiced more suspicion over than anyone else. It feels as though he was waiting for more popularity of the wagon/likelihood that someone would follow him onto BE and confirm his vote.

Preview Edit:
See my first point. I do agree that because there are two scum, it's completely reasonable to have three suspects.

Also, I just looked at the most recent votecount and I see that BE is voting for gameplay, which almost entirely makes me think they're a scumteam based off of BE's inactivity and my recent suspicion of gameplay. It seems like the perfect distancing/bus from a less experienced yet experienced player.

That being said, I was going to vote for gameplay until I saw that so now it wouldn't make a difference to me. I'd like to see their response to this before I place a vote on either of them.

I like tomatoes.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”