Goon
SeeEmpty
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by SeeEmpty »

In post 495, Finglove wrote:So why did scum choose a worse outcome? If Katen were scum, I don't see what they gain from killing tn: I think we were more likely to lynch tn today anyway, so they'd have until D3 before worrying. The mostly likely set up to me is that

1) Neither Katen nor tn were (are) scum
2) Scum were carefully split between the two wagons and couldn't jump at a late stage for fear of looking scummy
3) They want us to lynch Katen and will then kill the IC overnight.

...and therefore I'm not up for a Katen lynch today, unless someone can find some flaws in my logic. In the next 24 hours or so I'll do a full read of pa and burning, as they seem a bit keen for a Katen lynch.
It is not Katenscum killed tn. It is scum killed tn.

Scum gained by removing the small possibility of being tracked.

I really don't see how scum can be better off by leaving an informative role alive. Leaving tn alive gives tn a chance to get a track result. The chance of him tracking a scum is low translate to high chance of tracking town. When he flipped Tracker, his result is going to be somewhat helpful by semi clearing the person he tracked if he indeed tracked someone without a night action.

The more probable deduction I get from the NK is that the scum really didn't choose any ability, so they know any result from the tracker is going to be very helpful to town. But still, there is really no reason not to kill the tracker.

The IC, on the other hand, is nothing but a confirmed town. The player pool is still large enough so the possibility of mislynch is still high (7/10). There is no rush to kill him when there's a better target.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 5:16 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 498, Justin Playfair wrote:Are you not saying here that you don't need to spend the whole day arguing, that you would be just fine with lynching Katen? If not, what exactly were you saying?
Because quicklynching implies lynching without thought. I don't expect everyone to jump here, but I'm OK helping to provide the early pressure.

I'll take a look at what the mlearn2 slot and CTD are doing when I actually have time.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 7:19 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

quicklynching I always though of as just lynching quickly. A flash lynch would be one without thought nor reason.

On the other side of the IC:

The IC is the ONLY player in game guaranteed to not be lynched though. That is their power and it narrows down the lynch pool even if it is just 1 less person. That is powerful in its own right.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 8:32 pm

Post by talah »

In post 499, Paschendale wrote:Despite any wifom, I don't see Katen as town and I don't have a better suspect.

VOTE: Katen
I honestly don't care if they're town or scum when it comes down to it, and the fact they've posted nothing substantive today has me agreeing with lynching Katen. Suppose the point is that they were always going to be lynched today or tomorrow if they didn't shit townbricks anyway.

I'm far more interested in *why* people are wanting to lynch Katen, or are townreading Katen. It's more pertinent to know that about the remaining players once the flip is known.

Anyway I haven't been putting a lot of effort into this game and I apologise for that.

But yeah I wouldn't say no to a Desp or peng lynch today either. I'll drop a readslist in the next couple of days.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 8:35 pm

Post by talah »

Oh and any questions are welcome, too, if anyone has any doubt about my alignment.

Much easier to explain what I was thinking and why I took certain actions than poring through everyone else's posts :s
Finglove
Finglove
Goon
Finglove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 11:48 pm

Post by Finglove »

In post 452, penguin_alien wrote:VOTE: Katengecchi

Let's see what happens.
This feels off to me. Town don't want to see what happens, they want to be sure of hitting mafia!
In post 473, penguin_alien wrote:
In post 468, talah wrote:You're too intelligent to not realise that what will happen with a vote like this, is another day of pointless arguing over whether Katen's scum with or without TN. This is an entirely safe scum-vote peng.
Hey, look at that, someone defending Katengecchi. Who said I want to spend the day arguing? I'm also just fine with lynching Katengecchi. And why would we argue over whether Katengecchi's scum *with* tn541?
I agree with talah here, I think we should spend today developing alternative lynch targets. We should also think that arguing is a good thing because consensus is excellent scum-hiding ground. Too much from pa I don't like today.

VOTE: penguin_alien

Pasch
I have to say that just voting Katen because you don't have any better targets at this stage is both lazy and giving cover to scum who follow you.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Votecount 2.04
Katengecchi
(4) Burning_Earth, penguin_alien, SeeEmpty, Paschendale
penguin_alien
(3) talah, Justin Playfair, Finglove
Burning_Earth
(1) beastcharizard
SeeEmpty
(1) CrashTextDummie

Not Voting
(2) Katengecchi, Desperado

With 11 Alive, 6 vote are required to lynch
Deadline: Friday, May 30, 2014, at 10:30 PM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2014-05-30 22:30:35)

Prodding Katengecchi and Desperado.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Katengecchi
Katengecchi
Townie
Katengecchi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2014 2:31 am

Post by Katengecchi »

Well nothing much is happening other than PA having a 180 on us, dunno where Koromo has been but i've been busy these past few days, BE seems to be eager to lynch anything than comment on anything, so for now
Vote: PA

Pasche still pretending to know me, is really driving me nuts to know who this Saki person is since apparently we're similar aside from our username.

-Saki
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 2:20 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

I will go back and find this Saki person for you if I can. I played a couple games with them.

From my experience they were tempermental and hot headed. I enjoyed playing with them though. They also like to spam threads with useless junk.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/memberlist.p ... le&u=21640

This is Saki's profile. Which Saki are you? I have never known of an identical name being used on any forum. That would actually be very confusing.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 7:18 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Mod, I will be V/LA for a week (through 6/4) due to personal issues. I apologize to you and the players; if this is too long a V/LA for the game, I understand if you need to force-replace me.
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 7:42 pm

Post by Burning_Earth »

Hydras hydras hydras.

Anyway, YAY THE SITE IS UP
SeeEmpty
SeeEmpty
He/Him
Goon
SeeEmpty
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 9:29 pm

Post by SeeEmpty »

In post 509, beastcharizard wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/memberlist.p ... le&u=21640

This is Saki's profile. Which Saki are you? I have never known of an identical name being used on any forum. That would actually be very confusing.
You really never bother to pay attention the thread.

Post #.
Finglove
Finglove
Goon
Finglove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 9:42 pm

Post by Finglove »

Checking in to the resurrected site. I was hoping for some reactions from pa but I don't know if that's enough of a reason to force-replace.

Mod: What will the new deadline be?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 10:57 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 513, Finglove wrote:Mod: What will the new deadline be?
Who says I've giving one, deadline is still in 2 and a half days

By my count, the site has been down about a week, therefore we're adding a week onto the deadline. (6th June)

penguin_alien wrote:
Mod, I will be V/LA for a week (through 6/4) due to personal issues. I apologize to you and the players; if this is too long a V/LA for the game, I understand if you need to force-replace me.
6th April?

Seriously though, if you're unable/not going to post for the whole of the time period I will need to replace 1/2 the length of a day especially when we've just come off the site going down is a bit long.

Message going out to those that haven't posted yet to confirm they know the site is back up and this game is back underway.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 10:58 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

I'm here, but will be V/LA until Sunday.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 11:48 pm

Post by talah »

Also here, just working late tonight, so I'll be back for realsies tomorrow.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 5:37 am

Post by Paschendale »

I think the three or four games that Saki and I have played together is enough to get a feeling of how he plays.

The no lynch in day 1 was really just unforgivable. We have gotten nowhere since then and have learned nothing to alter anyone's vote since then, with the sole exception of TN's flip. I assume that TN's death was done to either ensure or prevent Katen's lynch, but I have no evidence with which to conclude one way or the other, so my earlier scumread of Katen will simply remain.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 7:10 am

Post by Desperado »

Vote: burning_earth
;)
Katengecchi
Katengecchi
Townie
Katengecchi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 12:19 pm

Post by Katengecchi »

In post 517, Paschendale wrote:I think the three or four games that Saki and I have played together
That's interesting because i don't know you. So I don't get how you could've played 3-4 games with me, i dont even have a finished game in this site yet.

-Saki
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 2:23 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Replacing penguin_alien
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 2:54 pm

Post by Justin Playfair »

In post 517, Paschendale wrote:I assume that TN's death was done to either ensure or prevent Katen's lynch, but I have no evidence with which to conclude one way or the other, so my earlier scumread of Katen will simply remain.
Katen hasn't given us anything to change our reads and the easiest thing for us to do here on day two would be to lynch her. It doesn't require any thought, any discussion, any work. And I don't trust that. I didn't like the two fast votes this morning, one from a guy who took his vote off tn and then just left it dangling and the other from someone who specifically removed her vote from Katen last night and then put it right back this morning. At the moment the only vote on that wagon I trust is yours. Against that I have the fact that day one convinced me pretty thoroughly that Katen was scum and that Katen has done nothing so far today but softly echo some suspicion of Earth and Penguin and rather quietly climb up on Penguin's wagon, neither of which made me more inclined to think she was town.

At this point I could live with a lynch of Katen today, but I'm profoundly less comfortable with it now than I was yesterday and Penguin's answer about changing her mind about Katen because Crash didn't read her when she asked for it just rings completely false.
In post 497, penguin_alien wrote:Yes, I asked CTD to take another swing at reading me, since he prevaricated like hell. And I'd have no problem with him telling me to bug off, given the lack of urgency of such a read. And I actually kind of like his response to it today: not feeling obligated to make something up. Not enough to move my vote right now, but still. Kind of wish he'd done so yesterday; better late than never. As far as him not answering it yesterday, his answer didn't involve any heavy analysis, just a one-line explanation. The fun of written Mafia being that multiple subjects can be addressed at once.
I mean she used his not reading her on her request as the reason she disregarded his argument about Katen...but if he'd answered bugger off then what? His case would have still been valid?
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by Justin Playfair »

Also:
In post 488, CrashTextDummie wrote:Instead of a half-hearted excuse, I'd actually like Burning Earth to outline his thought process and motivation in unvoting the leading wagon and disappearing from the thread with 2 hours to go until deadline.
I would like this too. Very much.

And @Talah: Could you explain why Desperado?
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

In post 512, SeeEmpty wrote:
In post 509, beastcharizard wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/memberlist.p ... le&u=21640

You really never bother to pay attention the thread.

Post #.
Sorry, I should remember everything that happens in every post in the game by post number.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 1:46 am

Post by talah »

In post 522, Justin Playfair wrote:And @Talah: Could you explain why Desperado?
Why *what* Desperado?
Are you reading him as town?

This might help as it was what I came in to post:

In post 518, Desperado wrote:
Vote: burning_earth
REASONS???

--
(I *think* I'm still happy to lynch Peng, even over Katen. Although I empathise with real life stuff, I don't think it's the moderator's, or the other player's, responsibility to assess whether a long v/la is detrimental to the game. RL reasons are certainly not alignment indicative, but really if you can't post for a week then it's probably your own decision, not one for others to make on your behalf)

UNVOTE: peng
(sorry to see you go anyway & hope things work out well for you (vibing you good stuff))

Will see how the replacement measures up.

Return to “Completed Open Games”