Ultimate Videogame Topic 3: The Next Generation

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:04 am

Post by Vi »

In post 899, Natirasha wrote:I'm waiting for the full translation of AAI2 to play it, but I've heard it's much better than AAI.
There's a very good fanlation on YouTube. It's definitely better than AAI, but IMO it had some of the same design problems. The first case was still the best.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:37 am

Post by Chevre »

Finally got the Sims 3 with 4 on the horizon lol.

Also, if I have never played an Elder Scrolls, but got the penta-pack of all the games, which should I play first?
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by bv310 »

I'd vote Morrowind (3) first, then Oblivion, then Skyrim. Arena and Daggerfall aren't really the same type of game
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:28 pm

Post by Chevre »

So I've heard. I just didn't know how far back the change occurred. It would've been easy to look up, but thanks for your help!

I also managed to snag a Wii finally at a garage sale! (Don't worry, the seller said it was her daughter's and she simply didn't need it since the family had another one already). I also snagged Mario Kart Wii (lol so behind), but I definitely have a list of games I would like to get and play:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Pikmin 3, maybe?
New Super Mario Bros., maybe?

Any other suggestions? I considered Okami a little but I'm not sure if it's my style of game.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:41 pm

Post by Parama »

okami is amazing and excellent and everyone's type of game, but I played it on PS2 so I can't speak for the wii version
and NSMB is kind of lame.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:43 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

In post 904, Parama wrote:okami is amazing and excellent and everyone's type of game, but I played it on PS2 so I can't speak for the wii version
and NSMB is kind of lame.
I hear the Wii version is significantly better.

NSMB is great with 3 friends and alcohol. Otherwise it's just a slightly more chaotic mario game.

Galaxy games are great, definitely pick those up.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:22 am

Post by Vi »

In post 903, Chevre wrote:I also managed to snag a Wii finally at a garage sale! (Don't worry, the seller said it was her daughter's and she simply didn't need it since the family had another one already). I also snagged Mario Kart Wii (lol so behind), but I definitely have a list of games I would like to get and play:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Pikmin 3, maybe?
New Super Mario Bros., maybe?

Any other suggestions? I considered Okami a little but I'm not sure if it's my style of game.
*Twilight Princess wasn't my favorite entry in the series, but it has its moments.
*The Galaxy games are fantastic - the first one for being atmospheric and having the classic Mario "I didn't know that was there/you could do that" features, and the second one for being a legitimately challenging game with the
good
(read: trollish) kind of fanservice.
*Skyward Sword isn't perfect by virtue of its game design but does a lot of things right and has a lot of variety in its challenges.
*Pikmin 3 is for the Wii U. You'll have to wait.
*New Super Mario Bros. Wii (disclaimer: I didn't play it but I watched a 100% video) seemed fun and brought a few neat novelties to the levels, but I'd be able to crack it open in a couple of days if I were actually playing it. If offered a choice between this and the DS version, you should pick this one and not look back. Also, since this is almost a relevant place to put it, the BGM themes of the NSMB series (Mushroom Waltz, etc.) are terrible.
*I haven't played Okami.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:27 am

Post by Vi »

I basically stopped console gaming at the Wii, but the other suggestions I have--
*Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Really shouldn't need to be explained. It's really too bad about how it delves into the
bad
kind of fanservice at the expense of making a good single-player game and balanced multi-player game, but for all the stuff it adds you can't
not
pick it up if you're into this series.
*Donkey Kong Country Returns - The most challenging game mentioned thus far, but if you like 100%ing (or time trials!) and you've found recent games too easy, this is your cure. The level design is interesting too, if a little heavy on filler rocket barrels/cart rides.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:15 am

Post by Chevre »

I actually have the DS version, and from what I've played of the Wii version...I already imagine it's much better.
Oops @ Pikmin. I guess I meant the first two, which are available through VC or Gamecube backwards comp or something?
And I don't really care for Donkey Kong, but I heard it was a really good game!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:36 am

Post by Vi »

In post 908, Chevre wrote:Oops @ Pikmin. I guess I meant the first two, which are available through VC or Gamecube backwards comp or something?
Right. The first game is a single lengthy experience while the second game leans more toward several varied episodes, but both are worth getting if you like real-time strategy.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:21 am

Post by Brandi »

Anyone else watching E3?
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:18 am

Post by bv310 »

I dropped in and out, but I haven't seen anything that really grabbed me yet
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by Venmar »

So, hey guys, I just saw the E3 Digital Key on Humble Bundle, and decided to get it mainly for the Payday 2 masks and Civ3, as well as the Twitch Turbo. As far as everything else goes, I don't play any of the games the other content is for, and don't plan on playing any of the other ones, so I thought i'd give these keys away rather than waste them on myself or haggle them off like a bum for cents.

Since i'd prefer these to go to registered users from MS, and try to avoid dumb shenanigans, i'll post which ones I have, and you simply PM me asking for which code you want, and i'll PM it back to you. I think i'd like to limit it to 2 codes per person as I don't have multiples of codes or that many to begin with. This is my first giveaway after all, even if it's not super amazing since it's mainly DLC content, but it's something I hope!

Oh, and a small disclaimer, I bought the bundle when the codes for Company of Heroes 2 DLC Pack and Rome 2 Nomadic Tribes DLC were sold out, that is why I don't have them, sorry!

What I have (I'll update this when something goes)
  • Anomaly 2 (Full Game)

• MX vs ATV Reflex (Full Game)
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars E3 Robe
  • Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection (Full Game
    )
  • Warframe Booster Pack
  • EVE Online: Trial Key
  • EVE Online: Rifter Ship Skin
  • Landmark 1-Week Closed Beta Key
  • SMITE - Almighty Zeus
Enjoy, remember, PM!

~Venny
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--