Newbie 1509: The Devil's Run (Game Over)

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 1509: The Devil's Run (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:23 pm

Post by Baezu »

Newbie 1509

Welcome to Newbie 1509! Devils (the mafia) have infiltrated your town posing as normal looking townspeople.
Your job is to discover the identities of the infiltrators and bring peace back to your home!

Moderator:
baezu

Player List:

1)
andrewseagull
replaces luceatluxvestra
2)
Clusk92

3)
BabiSoup
replaces Smithereens
4)
Alina

5)
Boonskiies
replaces HayatoBL who replaced blueheaven who replaces Jopalopa
6)
shaddowez

7)
Formerfish
[SE]
8)
huntress
replaces Burning_Earth [SE]
9)
neil1113
[IC]

[SE] denotes a Semi-Experienced player.
[IC] denotes a Inexperience Challenged player. This player is here to help you learn to play the game. Their play is governed by the wiki article Being a good IC.

Spoiler: Living Players
1) Andrewseagull
2) Alina
3) shaddowez
4) Formerfish
5) huntress

Spoiler: Dead Players
neil1113, Boonskiies, BabiSoup, Clusk92
Last edited by Baezu on Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:19 am, edited 11 times in total.
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:27 pm

Post by Baezu »

Game Rules

All Forum Rules and Guidelines should be followed, along with the following rules.

Game Timeline
  • Day phases will last two weeks.
  • Night phases will last two days.
General Rules
  • Do not quote your role PM or any other PM/QT communication from the mod.
  • Do not contact any player in or outside of the game about the game.
  • Do not use encrypted or hard-to-see text (including "invisible" text, text below the 50% text size option, or text hidden via BBCode (not including spoilered text)).
  • Do not edit or delete posts in this thread. If you made a formatting mistake, I will fix it for you (if it doesn't change the content of the post).
Activity
  • If a player doesn't post in-game after a period of 48 hours, other players may request a prod of that player.
  • If a player doesn't post in-game after a period of 72 hours and another player hasn't made a request, I will prod that player.
  • If a player is prodded, that player has 24 hours to make an in-game post before a replacement will be found.
  • If a player receives multiple prods and/or prod-dodges excessively, that player will be subject to a force-replace.
  • If you are going to be absent for a specific period of time, please let me know ahead of time!
Votes and Lynching
  • Votes must be in the format of VOTE: baezu or
    VOTE: baezu
    . Abbreviations, missing punctuation, and misspellings will be accepted as long as it is obvious to me who is being voted for. If I perceive it as a vote, it will count as a vote.
  • Unvotes are not necessary to change a vote.
  • A player will be lynched if a majority of the players have voted for that player.
  • You may vote for a
    No Lynch
    . If a majority of players vote for a No Lynch, the game will proceed to Night without a lynch.
  • All living players, including the lynchee, may continue to post until I lock the thread.
  • Once I have posted your death scene, you may not post ("bah" posts are not allowed).
Behavior
  • Harassment of an individual player is NOT permitted. While this is a competitive game, no personal attacks will be tolerated.
  • Always play to your win condition.
  • Do not discuss this game anywhere else with anyone else unless your role allows you to.
Last edited by Baezu on Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by Baezu »

Game Setup

This game is using the standard Newbie Game setup, Matrix6. One row or one column will be randomly chosen from the table below and the remaining six roles will be filled in by Mafia Goons and Vanilla Townies as appropriate to create a total of 2 Mafia-aligned players and 7 Town-aligned players.

ABC
Town Jailkeeper
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Goon
Mafia Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town 1-Shot Bulletproof
Mafia Goon
Town Tracker

Please note:
  • The Mafia must specify who is performing what Night action when the actions are submitted.
  • In applicable situations, a Roleblocker's action will resolve before a Jailkeeper's action.
  • In applicable situations, a Mafia Roleblocker has the option of submitting both roleblocks and kills, even when the Mafia Goon is still alive.
Spoiler: List of Role PMs
Role PM wrote:You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities
  • During the Day, you may vote for whomever you want lynched.
  • During the Night, you may sleep.
Win Condition
  • You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name. The game thread is here.
Town Cop

Abilities
  • During the Night, you may investigate one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. At the end of the Night, you will receive a result in the form of
    You believe [target] to be [Guilty/Not Guilty]
    . If you did not successfully investigate someone, you will receive
    No Result
Win Condition
  • You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name. The game thread is here.
Town Doctor

Abilities
  • During the Night, you may protect one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. You may not target yourself. You will not be informed as to the result of your protection.
Win Condition
Town Jailkeeper

Abilities
  • During the Night, you may place one player in Jail by sending me the name of your target via PM. They will be protected from kills and prevented from using their own ability, if they have one. You cannot target yourself.
Win Condition
Town Tracker

Abilities
  • During the Night, you may track one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. At the end of the Night, you will be told if that player targeted anyone and whom that player targeted.
Win Condition
Town 1-Shot Bulletproof

Abilities
  • You will survive the first kill attempt made on you during the Night. You will not be informed if and when this happens.
Win Condition
Mafia Goon
with your partner, name (
role
).

Abilities
  • As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by sending posting on the Mafia QT or sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.
  • You may talk to your partner during the Night at this QuickTopic thread.
Win Condition
  • You win when the Town is eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
Mafia Roleblocker
with your partner, name (
Mafia Goon
).

Abilities
  • Individually, you may roleblock one player by sending me the name of your target by PM. You may both roleblock and kill during the same Night.
  • As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by posting on the Mafia QT or by sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.
  • You may talk to your partner during the Night at this QuickTopic thread.
Win Condition
  • You win when the Town is eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
Last edited by Baezu on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:40 pm

Post by Baezu »

Role PMs have been sent out. The game will begin when 8/9 players have confirmed.
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Baezu »

Vote Count 1.00Not Voting: luceatluxvestra, Clusk92, BabiSoup, Alina, Jopalopa, shaddowez, Formerfish, huntress, neil1113

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-06-19 11:30:00)

Mod Notes:
None
Show

Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:20 am

Post by Huntress »

Vote: luceatluxvestra

Do you have any preference about how you'd like your name abbreviated?
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:21 am

Post by Alina »

Oh, awesome, it's open.~ Hey guys, this is my first Mafia game, well, ever. Though, I have read a couple earlier games on the site though a couple months back (though all of them were before the switch to matrix6, so the setup is new to me.) Anyways, let's get started:

VOTE: shaddowez

Shadows are, typically, a bad thing.
Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:40 am

Post by Clusk92 »

Hey everyone, this is also my first mafia game (online anyway), so lets hope its a fun one.

VOTE: BabiSoup
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:24 am

Post by Formerfish »

Hello all, trusty neighborhood SE here.

Vote Alina

First to break the wagon is always scum IMO.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:47 am

Post by Alina »

In post 8, Formerfish wrote:Hello all, trusty neighborhood SE here.

Vote Alina

First to break the wagon is always scum IMO.
Huh? I was under the impression a wagon consisted of more than a single vote. I guess I was wrong? Also, I would think it would be more scummy if someone were to actually start piling votes on people this early on, if anything. Actually, nevermind, scratch that. Now that I actually think about it, I highly doubt scum would do that and it would be more of a town tell.

Also, I just noticed how many "thoughs," I used in my first post. I should probably avoid using that word from now on, the other ones in my vocabulary need attention, too.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:53 am

Post by Formerfish »

Why wouldn't you as town want to put pressure on individuals? I know that I like to pressure people to see how they react, helps me get reads on them.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:04 am

Post by Alina »

Yeah, I came to that conclusion in the middle of my last post. To be honest, I hadn't even known Huntress had posted when I was making mine. We posted like 30 seconds apart or something. I don't think I would've actually voted luc even if I saw her post, however. I'm glad you've started conversation though, I was trying to brainstorm something to come up with if nothing had really happened after a while.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:08 am

Post by Formerfish »

Games here usually start one of two ways. RVS- Random Voting Stage, or RQS- Random Question Stage. Some people don't like to participate in either. Why do you think someone would avoid taking any kind of stance, even random ones?
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:13 am

Post by Alina »

Hm, because, as you said, it's a usual occurrence. If someone were to not participate in it, some people are likely to ask them why not, and so on, meaning, conversation probably starts even without the use of those methods.
Jopalopa
Jopalopa
Townie
Jopalopa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:27 am

Post by Jopalopa »

First game ever! :D

Also, VOTE: Formerfish because I'm curious as to why he's not a fish anymore. Er, wait, maybe it's the start of a letter "for merfish"? And wouldn't a merfish just be the same as a regular fish? Uh, never mind, I'm sticking with "former fish".
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:28 am

Post by shaddowez »

Hey, I'm here, no reason to assume I'm guilty yet. I personally dislike immediate accusations, because a random lynch on day one helps the villains more than the heroes. That being said, not many people have spoken yet, where is everyone else?
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:34 am

Post by neil1113 »

Well hello there. I'm nobody really special, but the IC by my name stands for Inexperienced Challenged. I'll be basically the teacher for this game, so if anybody has any questions related to playing Mafia or on specific terms / theories, I'll try and answer
honestly and to the best of my ability.
I cannot and will not lie to you during this game about theory or about anything Mafia related in terms of teaching the game. Luckily for me, I also have two very skilled Mafia players along side with me during this game, both which have already introduced themselves. They are:
Formerfish
and
Huntress
. If I'm not around, or they see a Mafia-Related question posed, they are more than capable of answering as well. They are SE's which stands for (Semi-Experienced) players.

With that said, if there's anything I do particularly poor or particularly great, feel free to PM me after the game is over to let me know how I could be of better assistance or to praise the things I've done well that have helped you. For a quick read, as a rule of thumb the Wiki here has some amazing information and theory related stuff that can help you, and it's a quick read. The Glossary also has a lot of information on terms and abbreviations that can help you, if you'd like an answer right away to what a term means.
In post 12, Formerfish wrote:Games here usually start one of two ways. RVS- Random Voting Stage, or RQS- Random Question Stage. Some people don't like to participate in either. Why do you think someone would avoid taking any kind of stance, even random ones?
As Formerfish has stated, there are two main ways people open up Mafia discussion here, through RVS and RQS. I don't have a preference for which one is better / produces more results, however for the sake of this game I'll begin with my own set of questions for everyone to answer (if you haven't already.)

1. How many games of Mafia have you played (specifically on Mafiascum.net) in your lifetime?

2. What's most appealing about these games to you?

3. What is your personality like usually? This is a pretty important question to decipher scumminess from personality, in my opinion.

I'll answer them myself also.

1. I've played roughly around 30 games spread out through 4 years on this site, as well as moderated multiple games.

2. The most appealing thing about these games to me, is the community and the idea of working together to either figure out the liars and string them up to win, or to deceive the rest of the group and get away with doing bad.

3. I'm a very blunt, straight-forward person in some games, though this can change depending on my mood. My scum game is very simple, I like to talk as much as possible without actually giving any information. It's called "Fluff." Something you'll probably see some people call out others for during this game. Fluff is saying a lot, without actually saying anything useful.

Looking forward to the rest of this game and like I said, any and all questions you may want to ask, feel free. There's no such thing as a dumb question, except the one that's not asked. Myself, Formerfish, and Huntress are all here to help out in any way we can. However, and this is a big notice: If you have a question relating specifically to your role in this game, please
private message your moderator, Baezu
your question. You don't want to post anything leading to your role out in public.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:36 am

Post by Clusk92 »

In post 15, shaddowez wrote:Hey, I'm here, no reason to assume I'm guilty yet. I personally dislike immediate accusations, because a random lynch on day one helps the villains more than the heroes. That being said, not many people have spoken yet, where is everyone else?

This is a very defensive post. Why do you feel the need to state you aren't guilty when no-ones accusing you of anything?
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:41 am

Post by Alina »

Glad to see other people are here. Jopalopa, may I ask why you chose to vote Formerfish? I could understand voting someone who hadn't said much for an RVS vote, but he's been one of the people who said something substantial at the point you made your post. So, I'm a bit confused as to why you would choose to vote him for RVS. Care to elaborate why you voted him, like, is it you're reading him scummy, or is it really just RVS? I'm curious.

And I agree with Clusk, that was a relatively defensive post, shadow, just based on a silly RVS.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:43 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 17, Clusk92 wrote:
In post 15, shaddowez wrote:Hey, I'm here, no reason to assume I'm guilty yet. I personally dislike immediate accusations, because a random lynch on day one helps the villains more than the heroes. That being said, not many people have spoken yet, where is everyone else?

This is a very defensive post. Why do you feel the need to state you aren't guilty when no-ones accusing you of anything?
Alina voted for my in Post #6, that's why I'm defending myself.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:45 am

Post by Alina »

RVS isn't really necessary to defend against -- it's all just to get the conversation started. How many games of Mafia have you read/participated in, Shadow?
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:49 am

Post by shaddowez »

1. How many games of Mafia have you played (specifically on Mafiascum.net) in your lifetime? Somewhere around 6-8, but none of them on this site.

2. What's most appealing about these games to you? Working together as a group, and trying to decipher people's motives

3. What is your personality like usually? Somewhat reserved, but it really depends on the situation.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:50 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 20, Alina wrote:RVS isn't really necessary to defend against -- it's all just to get the conversation started. How many games of Mafia have you read/participated in, Shadow?
I've played about a half dozen games, but none of them on here, and haven't really used RVS in any of the games I've played. If anything, we usually start with FOS to get people talking
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:53 am

Post by Alina »

omg I feel horrible I actually skimmed neil's wall as I assumed it was standard IC fare without any real commentary on the game/any RQS. Sorry!

1. How many games of Mafia have you played (specifically on Mafiascum.net) in your lifetime?

None. I've read a few games from a couple months back, though. Answered this earlier, but I'll answer it again bc why not.

2. What's most appealing about these games to you?

I enjoy stuff along these lines, detective/investigation like things and I like to see how good of a lie detector/liar I am.

3. What is your personality like usually? This is a pretty important question to decipher scumminess from personality, in my opinion.

Oh, god. I can be one way one day, and the complete opposite another day. I'm usually fairly timid, but I'm trying to be the opposite of that in this game, because being timid and not committing to anything/just sitting around is not going to make myself all that useful.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:56 am

Post by Alina »

In post 22, shaddowez wrote:
In post 20, Alina wrote:RVS isn't really necessary to defend against -- it's all just to get the conversation started. How many games of Mafia have you read/participated in, Shadow?
I've played about a half dozen games, but none of them on here, and haven't really used RVS in any of the games I've played. If anything, we usually start with FOS to get people talking
In advance: Sorry for the double post! I don't know if that's horribly frowned on here or not, but still, sorry.

And okay, that makes sense. I don't see too much harm in using votes early on, since FOS is more of just a vague threat that the person being voted on knows it means nothing, and actual votes on people can get them to react, I guess, in a more pressured way, as Formerfish said earlier. Making sure people are pressured/keeping conversation going, in my opinion, is the most important thing, because if we all just descend into lurkerdom...well...the scum laugh at us and then they win. Which isn't really what any of us should want.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”