Newbie 1504: The Weakest Link (Game over!)

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:28 am

Post by singersigner »

In post 261, Ms Marangal wrote:I... dont? I think the other pair is medea or corrino.

That said, I think it's amusing you think so, because it is pretty much the same jerk-reaction to her? Early game play

Not keeping track of unrecorded replacements, what of medeas play makes her seem obv-town? I think you might be a little biased considering it is your slot, ffery
Ok now I see what you meant.

Ok, but now I'd like to know why Spandex? What do you think of ffery's points about BE?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
LaVidaensuMuerte
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:51 am

Post by LaVidaensuMuerte »

OK, let's do this.

*Takes deep breath*

I did my read through and I have absolutely no idea what is going on!

The End.

Just kidding. I'm currently working on my "reads" post. I don't promise anything spectacular, but I will post again in an hour or so :)
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:23 am

Post by gameplay506 »

I don't get when the deadline is. So is it in an hour ( as the last vc says ) or is it in a day ( as Mara says ) ?
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:41 am

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 273, singersigner wrote:To be honest, I feel like Spandex is the opposite from your theory that a newb scum would stand back and let the experienced scum take the reigns. He's been in the spotlight for most of the game, both in defense and eager scumhunting.
Well yes you are right, he really was quite active. But so then what's up with the sudden drop of activity? Yes I might be just paranoid and he might have some life issues but I really can't cross him out from that group considering his activity status right now.
LaVidaensuMuerte
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:45 am

Alright, for serious this time.

First of all, I'm going to pretty much ignore the first half of the game before the site broke down because I don't feel like much happened there. Since Ffery has come into the game participation has gone up and the game has gotten particularly more interesting. She has said a lot of things that make a lot of sense, however she and a couple others have made a couple WiFOM posts that still leave us at a stalemate.

It is difficult for me to truly assess/accuse anyone based on activity alone. It has everything to do with content. That being said, I am not pleased with my performance in this game, but as I have stated I have been dealing with real life issues and (previously unstated) a game issue, namely that I am about 95% sure I know who one of our town PRs are. Obviously, I can't say who and I have been fighting with myself about even saying that much, though I am about 75% sure that there are others who know too. I have been attempting to base most of my strategy around this assumption, but it hasn't really come up in a way that I can play off of.

I disclaimed my BE vote with "I'm not sure if this is just his play style, but...." and I never had time to do the research myself. Luckily Ffery took the time and I removed myself from that wagon without concern or incident. That being said, BE seems pretty town to me at this point.

No one else has left an impression on me except for Fferry and Singer. They are the only ones who's personalities/posts stand out to me but after we dropped BE, the conversations have become so vague it's difficult to feel one way or the other about either. All this game has really been is petty squabbling and existential/logical/WiFOM discussions. No one has really focused in on any one except for BE but his innocence was proven pretty easily.

This all goes for me as well. While, my joke post was exactly that, I must admit I am still kind of at a loss. I, of course, am at fault for this because I allowed myself to get so caught up in my a fore mentioned strategy, I am still fairly unable to make judgments -not- based on that. I really hoped a read through would help me find something else to hold onto, but this game has been such a mess I really just don't know where to go from here.

I am under the impression that we will be getting an extension because of the replacement. Having admitted what I have admitted, I believe I have freed myself up for more interaction which I was kind of afraid of before. We are in crunch time and, while I apologize that it had to happen so late, I am now, for the most part, completely available to all of you. My day is not completely free, but I will be on and off every hour or so to check in.

If, for whatever reason, we do not get an extension (however unlikely), I am not afraid of a no-lynch.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:20 am

Post by singersigner »

That... was a whole lot of information that says a whole lot of nothing. No offense, but you talked a lot either about things that don't matter, or don't give us any information to make further assessments of your play/opinions.

I do sympathize with the frustrations of feeling like we're at a stalemate and almost starting over because of the crash/replacements. Regardless of alignment, I'm legitimately pissed off that BE is an SE with this kind of behavior and playstyle. I know they don't have a lot of 'special' responsibilities as players, but it has no place in a newbie game.

Also, I'm pretty disappointed that you can't voice any real opinion on the two players you say stand out the most. What stood out to you and why?

Also, also, why do you say BE's innocence was proven, and not only that, but easily so?

I like tomatoes.
LaVidaensuMuerte
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:47 am

I take no offense to that at all lol. I have been promising and people have been requesting for me to do this but because I had no real information I had to at least explain why. I didn't want to get too in depth with all of my specific emotions because I didn't believe that anyone would
really
read the whole thing and I knew that there would be follow up questions that I can answer one by one. As is now happening.

I am "disappointed" in BE as well, but I looked over the games that Ffery had posted and I was inclined to believe that his play style showed more apathy of the game than anything else and like I had stated before, I didn't blame him. He is already a short poster in the first place, with his unwillingness to play on top of that, his actions make sense to me. He's not very talkative, that's fine. Being a VT
can
be boring, matched with the slowness of the game it makes sense to me that he just doesn't/didn't care anymore/at the time.

Also, being an SE doesn't make him perfect. I try not be foolish enough to fall or trick myself under an SEs spell. They are not infallible. As already stated in some fashion, an SE may be experienced but that doesn't mean that they are good at the game.

Ffery stood out to me because she came flying in with new energy and insight that no one else had shown thus far. You also have an insight that I appreciate that sets you apart from the others. This is a little difficult to explain, but you two are also the only ones that I can read a post and know immediately who is talking without having to look. You personalities come through in a way that no one elses does, to me anyway.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:48 am

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 1-11

With 9 players alive, it will take 5 votes to lynch or no lynch.

LaVidaensuMuerta (1): Corrino (L-4)
gameplay506 (1): Burning_Earth (L-4)
Spandex Faffy (1): Malakittens, Ms Marangal, gameplay506 (L-4)

Not voting (3): fferyllt, Singersigner, Spandex Faffy,LaVidaensuMuerte

Due to both replacements and me sleeping in instead of giving a votecount, I am giving a final deadline extension of 24 hours.

New day one deadline: (expired on 2014-06-09 16:52:21)

Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:58 am

Post by fferyllt »

@Lavida Some of this is called information instead of analysis (IIOA).

Like Singer said, your observations don't really translate into opinions about alignment or reasons why you hold those opinions. BE is an exception, but you're pretty much rehashing the comments I've made about his play and meta.

From your replies to the RVS question, I have the impression that you have some forum experience but not very much. If you have any completed games under this account I'll give them a read today.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
LaVidaensuMuerte
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:09 am

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42976

Here you go Ffery. I only have the one, but as it states in that game, I did used to play on here like 8-ish years ago. That doesn't say anything towards any type of testament to my "skills" because I don't remember any of my time here before, I just remember the site name and remember that I used to have fun.... and that I used the Tiger theme lol. Also, I got replaced near the end of that game.
LaVidaensuMuerte
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:10 am

-_-... link isn't clicky. I don't know why. Blah.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:15 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Lol that was my first game. Brings back some memories, Vida :D
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:48 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 205, fferyllt wrote:I'm a little pissed off that BE was on site and posting last night but didn't post in this game. I don't like it when someone goes silent in the middle of a game shakeup.
You mean this?

I agree, but it isn't alignment indicative until I know a little bit more about his play. he dosnt seem to be the confident scum type, though so I would say this makes him lean town.

Spandex reason is pretty much gut, and any reason I have will have to wait for a few hours, I am out shopping with a friend
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:54 am

Post by fferyllt »

Did you read the game I linked where BE was a Saulus?

Idic
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:10 am

Post by singersigner »

Ugh, I will probably lynch anyone at this point. Except probably ffery, but only because I do think I'm just being paranoid, and if I die tonight I don't really trust anyone else to keep pushing the game along. :shifty:

Oh, and Spandex, but mostly because I out in more effort than most in defending him, and I legitimately get a town vibe from his push on someone lurky/sticking to his convictions regardless of what people thought.

Blargh, fuck you, ferry, for destroying one of the few stronger reads I had.

Which reminds me...
@gameplay...why Spandex? Why now? Why not me, and where did your read of me go, especially after my recent responses?

I like tomatoes.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:58 am

Post by gameplay506 »

That's why I am willing to place a vote on one of those three in order for the day not to end in a no lynch.
I think that has to answer all of your questions.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by singersigner »

Um, yeah but that doesn't mean you can't be accountable for who you ultimately chose? Especially since you're talking about being willing to vote a lurker/someone who's MIA, which until recently, Spandex wasn't. Your argument/reasoning doesn't match your vote/follow up, and really seems like a copout. And again looks just as opportunistic as your BE vote.

vote: gameplay506

I like tomatoes.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:52 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 286, gameplay506 wrote:Lol that was my first game. Brings back some memories, Vida :D
How do you feel her play in that game compares to this one?

Idic
LaVidaensuMuerte
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:20 pm

OMG!! I just found my old self!! Dark_Lady_Shaiann. I'm about to go through my old games lol
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:32 pm

Post by Dark_Lady_Shaiann »

Well, actually I decided to first find my way back into this account and now I will read over my old games :D
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by Cabd »

While I'm happy for you finding your old main, please post with the account that is signed up to play the game. Thanks.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I'm leaning toward voting either gameplay or lavida. gameplay is a pretty recent thought. My reasons are

When I posted links to BE's games he went off and did some research. And yet he's played a game with lavida and didn't volunteer anything about her previous play or shown any real interest in her in this game. Given the differences in her play here and there, I'm pretty confused as to why he hasn't been concerned.

lavida's lack of scumhunting in this game concerned me, but I thought it might be due to newness or rustiness. But, while she was in the other game that she linked last night, she was more engaged and incisive than she's been here.

The site outage and stuff could be a factor.

I don't know if they make sense as a team.

Idic
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:00 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

I really have played with Vida but I don't see such a difference in her playstyle then and now. Yes she was more active but if you look at her post she began the game just like here. No RVS vote, no posting, until somebody questions her. Another thing is that she had claimed in that game that she is busy and even replaced out because of that. You can see those things for yourself. That's why I don't really see such a diference except the fact that she is less active here than she was there. I really included her in my lurking newbie list but her posting now really resembles the way she posted then and now when I think about it I don't really think her inactivity is based on her allignemt.

@singer I really think you don't get it. I made my vote 5 hours before the deadline so that there won't be a no lynch. You yourself stated that nl is bad.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:05 am

Post by singersigner »

I honestly just think that's an excuse. You haven't really put forth the effort to make your own case or scumhunt and now you say you're voting Spandex by default? Why didn't you keep pushing me?

I like tomatoes.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:43 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Hm first, exuse me? I never made an attemt to scumhunt? Nor make a case? I guess we are playing two different games, sir.
About Spandex - as I already explained I voted for Spandex due to deadline being so close. Why should that be a vote by default? I have also never read Spandex as town, just the opposite. I expressed my suspicions of him several times and by taking this into account I don't see why I shouldn't vote him.
About me not pushing you. When I placed my pressure vote on you , you stopped with the descredit and finally started giving legit reasons. That left me with a town vibe, even a slight one. Ffery was doing a great job questioning you too and there wasn't really any more information to ask from you.
Now I am trying to figure out something. So just before a day or a two you said that you read me as town. Now you are literally scrambling for reasons to lynch me.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”