Newbie 1509: The Devil's Run (Game Over)

shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:04 am

Post by shaddowez »

Oops, what timing! No problem
Andrewseagull
Andrewseagull
Townie
Andrewseagull
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:06 am

Post by Andrewseagull »

In post 123, shaddowez wrote:
@mod
- can we get a prod on Andrewseagull please? It's been over 48 hours since his last post. Thanks!
Didn't see this! Apologies again for the recent inactivity all. Been busy with preparing my new bedroom.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:55 am

Post by Formerfish »

Neil and Andrew scum team for the win?
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:26 am

Post by Alina »

@Huntress
Why did you leave that out in your post describing the game? It seemed like you were trying to make it seem like you were town in that game to me.

@Shaddowez
You know, that kind of seems like something I can't answer without coming out looking weird, but whatever. I wanted to actually show my vote meant something, I mean, I didn't even consider FoSing, but if I just ran around FoSing people instead of actually voting it wouldn't end up meaning all that much.

Also, if
Neil
is lynched and pops up town, I highly doubt if I were to end up not voting him, everyone would turn into goldfish and say "Alina had surely nothing to do with the Neil votes, she was backing him up all along!" Please, if he dies and flips town, I'll take the heat for that, sure, but I really don't think he is and his recent posts are only further dropping him IMO.

@Andrew

Can you attempt to give reasoning for your thoughts, as to having suspicion on
Formerfish
and lack of on
Neil
? It's not that hard to at least formulate reasoning, right? If you really have no reasoning you can point to...then maybe that's because you aren't looking for any? If you think I'm going to let you get by without posting anything of use, think again, okay? :)
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:48 am

Post by shaddowez »

BabiSoup, Andrewseagull, blueheaven
- Could you each please provide some more details on why you're not voting, or why you voted for who you did?
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by Baezu »

Vote Count 1.06
(L-2)
neil1113: (3) Formerfish, shaddowez, BabiSoup
(L-2)
Formerfish: (3) huntress , neil1113, Andrewseagull
shaddowez: (1) Clusk92

Not Voting: blueheaven, Alina

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-06-19 11:30:00)

Mod Notes:
None
[/area]
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
blueheaven
blueheaven
Goon
blueheaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by blueheaven »

In post 127, Formerfish wrote:Neil and Andrew scum team for the win?
Why do you say this? just because he voted for you? Doubt scum would be so obvious.

I will now reply to Shadow's question by presenting my list of people I am keeping my eye on.

FormerFish and neil - I put these two together because their votes on each other are pretty much of the same nature. Neil's vote on Fish is very tunnel-visioned and I consider that scumtell. Fish's vote on neil reeks of OMGUS. My thoughts are one of these two are probable scum. Can i have both
Fish
and
neil
give their thoughts on other players as well?

Andrewseagull - I find him very suspicious. First tell was the quick eagerness to end the day, then just relying on gut feelings. When questioned to explain more about his thoughts, at the stage of the game where he can rely on more tells than just gut, he votes Fish for an unknown reason (gut perhaps?). Seems obvious that he is not even trying, which I consider to be newbie scumtell. I feel that newbie scum rarely cares who gets lynch as long as it is not them.

BabiSoup - Very ambiguous with sarcasm and that isn't helping town. I also dislike him putting neil on L-1 and trying to get someone to force a claim out of neil. But he gives me the feeling that he is genuinely scumhunting, though with a playstyle that I do not appreciate.

As for where my vote will go?

I will
Vote: Andrewseagull
and ask for him to explain his voting decision. Start with why you'd think its fish, and also why neil isn't mafia.
woot
blueheaven
blueheaven
Goon
blueheaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:45 pm

Post by blueheaven »

In post 128, Alina wrote:

Also, if
Neil
is lynched and pops up town, I highly doubt if I were to end up not voting him, everyone would turn into goldfish and say "Alina had surely nothing to do with the Neil votes, she was backing him up all along!" Please, if he dies and flips town, I'll take the heat for that, sure, but I really don't think he is and his recent posts are only further dropping him IMO.
Just to clarify, 'further dropping him' means that he seems lesser and lesser like a mafia to you? is that correct?
woot
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:54 pm

Post by Alina »

The opposite. He's seeming more and more scummy to me.
blueheaven
blueheaven
Goon
blueheaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:59 pm

Post by blueheaven »

In post 133, Alina wrote:The opposite. He's seeming more and more scummy to me.
Okay. Confusion cleared up.
woot
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:02 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Explain how my vote reeks of OMGUS when I actually put more reasoning behind my vote than "Well, that one post seemed kinda scummy." I'll give my reads list soon.
blueheaven
blueheaven
Goon
blueheaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:12 pm

Post by blueheaven »

In post 135, Formerfish wrote:Explain how my vote reeks of OMGUS when I actually put more reasoning behind my vote than "Well, that one post seemed kinda scummy." I'll give my reads list soon.
here is my take. That quote from you that neil referred to, neil considered that as a defense. A scummy defense and I agree that it is scummy if you are using it as a defense. But in my opinion, I don't consider that as a defense from you because at that point in time, I didn't think you needed to defend yourself. You sounded like, OMG neil, you voted for me for a stupid reason, I'll vote you now.
woot
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:03 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 115, blueheaven wrote:@huntress
Abrupt meaning that from his post, he based his vote upon a single phrase and made a huge case about it. He also implies that fish has several other scum motivated post but I'm not sure which posts he meant.
Did you ask him which posts he meant? And you've explained what you meant by abrupt, but what about the "rushing for a lynch"?

In post 128, Alina wrote:@Huntress Why did you leave that out in your post describing the game? It seemed like you were trying to make it seem like you were town in that game to me.
Why do you think I would want to do that? There was no need to include it because it wasn't relevant to the point I thought Fish was making.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:05 pm

Post by Formerfish »

That's actually the entirety of the joke I was making. The fact that you fail to see yge relevance in this situation frightens me.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by Huntress »

I'm not a mindreader. I could only assume you were referring to what I said in and .

@ Aline:
On looking back I see that I
did
in fact imply in that I hadn't been town in that game.
blueheaven
blueheaven
Goon
blueheaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by blueheaven »

@Huntress
I did ask him in my pbpa of him. And with him tunnel-visioning on fish this early, i consider that rushing for a lynch. At that point, there is still plenty of time, and postings are not very active. Do you consider tunnel-vision scum or town more?
woot
blueheaven
blueheaven
Goon
blueheaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by blueheaven »

In post 138, Formerfish wrote:That's actually the entirety of the joke I was making. The fact that you fail to see yge relevance in this situation frightens me.
Is this quote for me?
woot
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:51 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Nope it was for huntress. Also for huntress- I fail to see how the situations were so dissimilar that you wouldn't have gotten the reference. In the other newbie you were scum pushing me for a pretty bs reason, and here you vote me early for something that is barely a scum tell. I make a joke that we are going to be dancing the same dance here again. If I truly thought that you were scum here I would be voting you and pushing your lynch. I don't (yet).

What do you think of Neils play so far.
BabiSoup
BabiSoup
Goon
BabiSoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by BabiSoup »

In post 129, shaddowez wrote:
- Could you each please provide some more details on why you're not voting, or why you voted for who you did?
What can you infer from Neil's (IC)play here http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=16397?
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:23 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 143, BabiSoup wrote:
What can you infer from Neil's (IC)play here http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=16397?
I'm not sure I understand the context of your question - are you telling me you're using the meta from that game as the basis for your vote, or are you asking me to compare the two without actually answering my question?
BabiSoup
BabiSoup
Goon
BabiSoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Post by BabiSoup »

Both and I"m not directing it at you specifically.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:58 pm

Post by Formerfish »

@Mod
- Can we get prods on our illustrious IC and Clusk please?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:17 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Huntress, do you still see this as my scum game? Additional question, have you ever seen my scum game?

Reads list
town
Alina- lots of activity, putting thought into her posts, asking questions and making rookie town mistakes/missteps
Babi- I see scum hunting in his posts, he is trying to figure the game out.

Null
Shaddowez- making mistakes that could go either way, defensiveness can be a newbtown trait or it could easily be scum. It does seem like he is trying to figure out what is going on, but some of the things he is saying are way out in left field wifom wise.
Clusk- picking up on some of the same things I am, but his activity has been suspect and needs to improve.
If you don't know what to post then just try to engage someone you don't have a good read on, talk to them to figure them out.

Huntress- You seem to be obtuse right now, and I don't like that. Your vote is still on me from RVS and you have never stated that you are making it a serious vote. You obfuscate a major factor in a situation that we are currently discussing and if you were town I don't know why you would do that.
Blue- leaning more town on him because of the views he has, but something feels wrong. I think it has to do with his pushing against Alina who is my biggest town read. I can figure it out later.

Scum
Andrew- all you are going off of is "gut," without being able to point to
anything
at all in particular. I don't need you to have a well thought out idea of why you think I am scum, but to put someone at l-2 go gut seems a bit risky to me on d1 with like a week to go. I'm all about having gut feelings, but I feel you should be able to, at least, point to what posts give you the hibbie jibbies. You don't do anything.
Neil- You are my biggest scum read right now. Your play here is completely different than Open 549, and I know that this is a newbie game and blah blah blah, but that added to the shit push you are making on me for an innocuous joke makes me think that you are opportunistic scum looking for something easy to latch on to early on to draw attention away from you and your scum buddy on to me.

I would like to see Neil put at l-1.
Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:14 pm

Post by Clusk92 »

In post 117, shaddowez wrote:Amusing that your answer to the RQS says you like to probe people for their motivations, yet that's what you're using as an attack against me. You also got an early scumread on me for being too defensive, and now that I'm being proactive you're saying I'm scummy. Trying to build baseless case against me?
Just because I like to probe people doesn't mean I can't question things when other people do it, especially when it comes across to me like you were trying to influence someone to change vote.

I am of course happy you're being more proactive now as it benefits town, but its just the tone of the questioning that made it seem scummy to me.
In post 124, Andrewseagull wrote:Right sorry I haven't been around recently guys, have just caught up!

Still think formerfish, so I might as well make my first ever post and see what he says.

I understand the suspicion with Neil but not sure if he's mafia to be honest.

VOTE: Formerfish
Still waiting for your explanation on your Formerfish vote here - I would also like to know what you find suspicious about Neil and also why also still don't think he's scum also.
Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:22 pm

Post by Clusk92 »

In post 143, BabiSoup wrote:
Why did this game convince you to vote for him? Was it the similarity in play-styles in this game and that game and the fact he was scum in that game?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”