Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:01 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 900, Green Crayons wrote:Your point only further underscores what additional data points would need to be compiled for Vitamin's observation to be compelling. So, not only would you need to compare how frequently LML spoke about Bookitty relative to every other player, but then such comparisons must be contextualized by how frequently all the other players were being discussed by the thread as a comparison.
Nonsense. You don't need to know every little thing in order to make a judgment call; mafia is a game of limited information and it is inane to hold this point to such a standard (although you're free to research that angle, of course).

@Yos2, I mostly ignored LmL because he seemed mildly suspicious but not on the level of Seol/Bookitty. I didn't want to push the wagon but also not really dissuade it either, so I didn't have much reason to comment on the wagon. Pretty sure my scum list was reasonable at the time too.

Vote: mathcam

(I'm stuck using the iPad for a few days, so my posts might be a bit shorter and lacking in quotes.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:39 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

In post 919, DrippingGoofball wrote:Two out of
PJ, STD & KK
are scum.
Not sure about KK at this point.. but there is almost certainly scum in {STD, UT, PJ}. LML looooves to be right, and he really wanted us to know he found those three guys suspect.

I hope for scum's sake there isn't daytalk, because if there is, that's been one unpleasant place to be over the past month.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:50 am

Post by Glork »

Agreed, MBL.

KK is not scum. I think LML saw him pick up a few votes and just jumped on the opportunity to hopefully swing the direction in someone-not-him.

And as DGB alluded to earlier, a hard bus is reasonable to conclude, especially based on past performances. UT is an attractive option here, and something still feels off to me about PJ's play.

I'll get to VitR later, possibly.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:54 am

Post by chamber »

In post 927, Glork wrote:KK is not scum. I think LML saw him pick up a few votes and just jumped on the opportunity to hopefully swing the direction in someone-not-him.
And that someone wasn't bookitty because?
Taking a break from the site.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:09 am

Post by Bookitty »

I don't know either. My guess would be that I was soft-defending him all day. I don't have a meta on LML, so maybe he thought that if he attacked me I would vote him and that would shift the momentum. I wouldn't have except for the scumslip, but he wouldn't have had any reason to know that.

Scum-LML had all reasons but the above to vote me; maybe he thought it would make him obvious scum when I flipped town. I don't know if that would be true though. I think it would have been easy to coast and let me get lynched on Day One. Maybe he was playing for Day Two, but I can't figure out how that would work.

I think PJ is probably town based on LML-scum. There wasn't any tentativeness on either side there imo.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:11 am

Post by chamber »

Please never answer a question I direct towards someone else.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:18 am

Post by Bookitty »

It was addressed before. Consider it as an answer to the previous speculation. This question wasn't original to you and has been discussed in the thread already.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:43 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Unvote, vote mathcam
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:15 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 927, Glork wrote:Agreed, MBL.

KK is not scum. I think LML saw him pick up a few votes and just jumped on the opportunity to hopefully swing the direction in someone-not-him.

And as DGB alluded to earlier, a hard bus is reasonable to conclude, especially based on past performances. UT is an attractive option here, and something still feels off to me about PJ's play.

Thoughts on STD?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:15 am

In post 929, Bookitty wrote:There wasn't any tentativeness on either side there imo.
That is not diagnostic when it comes to LML.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:19 am

Post by chamber »

eeeeh.
Vote mathcam
It does explain why LML failed to see that as the VI wagon it was imo.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:42 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Did/do people seriously think that KK was possibly getting lynched yesterday? He had (I think 4), can anyone find 8 other players that expressed a modicum of interest?
In post 927, Glork wrote:KK is not scum. I think LML saw him pick up a few votes and just jumped on the opportunity to hopefully swing the direction in someone-not-him.
LML jumping onto KK's wagon was, yes, an attempt to legitimize it and get votes off of him. But unless he thought a lot of people (many of whom were on him) were going to suddenly say "yeah, that guy I'm voting for. I found him suspect, but it'd be nice if KK talked more," or maybe more accurate, "LML has said a lot and appears suspicious, but there's nothing KK can say when he does show up to convince me he's not scum," then I'm not really sure how you can clear KK so quickly.

----
In post 918, Glork wrote:lol @ dgb votes.

If you legit think that she is scum because she defended LML D1, you're in the wrong game.
In post 921, petroleumjelly wrote: Take a look at the thread. Not a single person voting for DrippingGoofball has said they are voting her for her
because
she defended LoudmouthLee. At best has said he wants DrippingGoofball to answer his question from Day One (which was, in fact, asking
how
DrippingGoofball got a Townread on LoudmouthLee), and has mentioned that it certainly does not
help
her.
Do you disagree with this statement, Glork?

----
In post 933, DrippingGoofball wrote: Thoughts on STD?
Your OMGUS whispering campaign is adorable.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:56 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

petroleumjelly (1) -- VitaminR
DrippingGoofball (5) -- Untrod Tripod, petroleumjelly, Kublai Khan, Sotty7, Save the Dragons
Cogito Ergo Sum (1) -- Yosarian2
mathcam (3) -- Cogito Ergo Sum, Albert B. Rampage, chamber

Not voting: Everyone else
20 alive, 11 to lynch

Opening post contained a mistake, incorrectly giving Shanba's role as 2 shot. I've changed it to 3 shot.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:41 am

Post by Glork »

In post 933, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 927, Glork wrote:Agreed, MBL.

Thoughts on STD?
I don't really have a beat on him one way or another. To be completely honest, I haven't investigated his contributions in detail.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:46 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Unvote: DrippingGoofball, Vote: Glork
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Glork »

In post 928, chamber wrote:
And that someone wasn't bookitty because?
The SS Bookitty Lynch had all but sailed at that point. If you look at who was posting, nearly everyone was either already on Bookitty (Sotty, UT, CTD), or were explicitly opposed to it (Glork, DGB, Yos, etc).

Maaaayyyybeeeee LML could have persuaded MBL or KK, but achieving a Bookitty lynch was really unlikely at that point. And if LML were quickly skimming (he indicated his posts would be coming via pjone), seeing a quick sequence of KK-votes was probably enough impetus to hope for a counter-push.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:08 am

In post 938, Glork wrote:I don't really have a beat on him one way or another. To be completely honest, I haven't investigated his contributions in detail.
Would you, if you find the time?

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:22 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 852, Glork wrote:
In post 849, Save The Dragons wrote:Your posting has deteriorated as the day had dragged on.
As opposed to yours, which was not that great to begin with and hasn't improved?

Wheeeeee deadline ad hom.
In post 938, Glork wrote:I don't really have a beat on him one way or another. To be completely honest, I haven't investigated his contributions in detail.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:33 am

Post by Glork »

Yeah sure. I don't think all of UT/PJ/STD are scum, so my to-do list is getting a bit crowded, but I can take a look at some point and see.

Re: My VitR feelings... In a nutshell, some of VitR's early stuff bothered me, and I think he fits the profile of someone who would hard-push LML as a scumbuddy. The way he switched to PJ, and then LML followed twenty posts later made me feel that the distancing was complete/successful. But then LML became a viable candidate, and VitR had to bus.

Specifically, VitR had been elbow deep up LML's rear for a bulk of the day, with some lingering mehhhhhPJ feelings. Then, VitR hauls off and voted PJ for an "opportunistic" on the very same LML, and LML follows onto PJ a mere 20 posts later.

I get that VitR thinks (and thought) that both LML and PJ were distancing/busing, but that raises a really, really important question. Why switch FROM LoudmouthLee TO petroleumjelly as the latter finally joined the former's wagon to make it substantial? PJ's move onto LML (combined with my move off of Seol) left LML tied for the leading vote getter. So what on earth compels VitR to decide that that's the appropriate time to derail a growing wagon on the guy he had been voting all day?

Hint: He really wanted an excuse to move specifically
away
from LML and
onto
petroleumjelly. The behavior doesn't make sense for someone who actually thought (and apparently still thinks) that both of them were scum together.

(And yes, this means that I'm no longer interested in pursuing PJ as potential scum.)

PEdit: I don't have a beat on
your alignment
one way or another, STD. You should be abel to infer that from context. (But thanks for illustrating why I've been unimpressed to the point of skimming over most of what you have had to say. And sorry if that comes across as harsh on any kind of personal level; it's not intended that way.)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:34 am

Post by Glork »

Also that turned into not really being in a nutshell, but yeah that's what's been on my mind. I spent a lot of time overnight looking at VitR, PJ, and UT.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:44 am

Post by Glork »

Also also also, before I forget I want to mention that when I asked UT who he's vote for, he answered "either LML or VitR." UT is absolutely someone I could see naming two buddies in that answer.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:44 am

Post by Glork »

also cocks
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:53 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

yeah okay but that's not what happened so...
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:54 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

glork's just scum isn't he
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency