Mini 1579: The Great Flavor Caper (Game Over)

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by Titus »

Yeah you pretty much did. We had a whole argument that you said that being in sync with someone logically is not a good reason to townread them.

The second reason, alone, would not suffice. However, toss it in with everything else and it is part of the reason why I scumread you.

It's not a copout to say that meta seems consistent.

You went into this trying to "explain away" the reasons why I scumread you. The problem is my reasons are valid. You've been trying to discredit everything that's come out of my mouth since I started townreading Reinoe. Now that the noose is getting closer, you feel the need to attack me directly and pretty much state no reason is good.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:54 pm

Post by phokdapolees »

Vote Count 1.30Wake88 (2): Josh_B, chaoslord54
Josh_B (2): Elyse, T S O
Slandaar (2): TheYankeeReaper, Bacde
Elyse (2): reinoe, Titus
evilpacman18 (1): Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Titus (1): Slandaar
Bacde (1): Wake88

Not Voting: Mirhawk, evilpacman18

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline in (expired on 2014-06-25 16:00:00)
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:09 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 764, evilpacman18 wrote:if there is a backup cop there is a cop -_-
What I said is correct.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:11 pm

Post by Slandaar »

Not that anyone is going to listen but TSO is likely scum his tone has been off all game.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by Elyse »

In post 800, Titus wrote:Yeah you pretty much did. We had a whole argument that you said that being in sync with someone logically is not a good reason to townread them.
Please quote that. I said it's not good to convince anyone else. I accepted it as valid though.
In post 800, Titus wrote: The second reason, alone, would not suffice. However, toss it in with everything else and it is part of the reason why I scumread you.
You don't have an "everything else".
In post 800, Titus wrote: It's not a copout to say that meta seems consistent.
You said gut, not meta. If you would like to bring up specific examples, go ahead.
In post 800, Titus wrote: You went into this trying to "explain away" the reasons why I scumread you.
No, I went into this exposing you for not having the reasons you say you do.
In post 800, Titus wrote:The problem is my reasons are valid.
The only valid reason you have is gut. And your gut is wrong.
In post 800, Titus wrote:You've been trying to discredit everything that's come out of my mouth since I started townreading Reinoe.
Untrue. Please show how I've been doing this. I've questioned your townread on reinoe, said continuing to lynch Slandaar is dumb, and questioned your scumread on me. You have had some posts I agree with, but I'm not the type of person that says "Good post Titus! I agree completely!" all the time, especially if I'm not townreading you.
In post 800, Titus wrote:Now that the noose is getting closer, you feel the need to attack me directly and pretty much state no reason is good.
You've given three reasons as to why I'm scum.
One isn't true.
One isn't scummy.
One is gut.

It's not my fault you have nothing to back up what you're saying.

VOTE: Titus

I know you're going to call this OMGUS but I don't care. I've shown you are bullshitting your read on me and your primary lynch targets are either universally townread (Bacde) or a claimed PR (Slandaar) so you settle for me when you're not even scumreading me hard. That's not town Titus.

P-edit:
Slandaar, I agree that his tone has been off. I actually am enjoying him this game, but usually he's more aggressive. His whole issue with SKOT seemed almost tame and forced compared to his usual self.
chaoslord54
chaoslord54
Goon
chaoslord54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:58 pm

Post by chaoslord54 »

Hey guys I am going to be limited to my phone for a couple of days so I will take some time a little later tonight to respond to anything directed to me and to try and give more insight.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:01 pm

Post by Titus »

Yeah this is desperate scum Elyse. Kinda surprising.

Bacde is no longer my primary lynch target. Slandaar is his own universe. I'm pretending he's town for sake of today because he's not getting lynched. My top three choices are Chaos, Pacman and you. I scumread all three of those. Hard.

Bullshit you never accepted my townread on Reinoe. You said basically convince me your townread is valid. I have three valid reasons to scumread you.

My gut is this is consistent with your meta. Did I do research? Nope. Will I by tomorrow? Nope. I got house inspections to do. I got enough to back up what I'm saying for a scumread. Sure I could find up a wall but I got no incentive to. The only players that engage in such long as walls are scum, naive enough to think they can outwall me or Mastina. You ain't her.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:11 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

I think several of you are thinking it, but I'll bring it up anyway. We might as well leave all the claimed PR's for today, some of the doubts associated with them may resolve itself given time anyways.

@Slandaar
I could buy TSO scum, I haven't seen anything out of him that make me feel like he's particularly town. But by the same token I haven't seen anything that makes me feel particularly like he's scum either. Do you have anything on him not meta related? I've never played with him before so I'm not sure what his regular behavior is like.

I could go for Elise, I've had my eye on her since that chaoslord thing at the beginning of the game. I don't think any of her subsequent behavior is particularly scummy, but I don't think she's looking for scum very hard either. That business between her and reinoe had the smell of trying to look busy while avoiding the other wagons.
Vote: Elyse

Titus is pretty loud and vocal, she's also elicited a lots of mixed responses from the rest of the town so I think there's good odds of her getting copped, viged, or NK'd at some point. So there's no need for us to vote for her.

@Wake
This is kinda unrelated to the game. In one of my first games on site the IC in my game (I think it was Nacho) told me that while sometimes longer posts are required, keeping your posts shorter makes other players more likely to stay interested in them.

Another thing that might help is I've noticed is that lots of your longer posts are quite dense. If you split your post up into smaller chunks with empty spaces in between it can make it easier to read. I know when I have four pages of posts to catch up on and I run across a really dense one I don't pay as close of attention as I should.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:34 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

In other words, post like me
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:52 pm

Post by Wake1 »

That's what I was afraid of, Mirhawk.

Prior to this game my usual strategy was to really analyze each player, and then provide an incredibly dense, cited, and well-structured analysis post for each individual player, complete with updates; older posts would be contained in spoilers. One problem is that that takes a LOT of time and effort. The other is that people tend to shrink away from big posts. However, I'm sure brevity has its own disadvantages, too.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 802, Slandaar wrote:
In post 764, evilpacman18 wrote:if there is a backup cop there is a cop -_-
What I said is correct.
Although not alignment-indicative, it's true.
In post 803, Slandaar wrote:Not that anyone is going to listen but TSO is likely scum his tone has been off all game.
I'm unfamiliar with his meta.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:08 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Personally I think it's always good to use past posts because it can catch Scum off guard and be used to cross-reference a player's behavior in the game.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:18 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

That's fine, just as long as you keep up on the later stuff too.

Whats your take on the Elyse - Titus throwdown?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:29 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 812, Mirhawk wrote: Whats your take on the Elyse - Titus throwdown?
I've paid little attention to it. Elyse seems to be ignoring my presence, while my gut somewhat feels Titus is Scum. On the latter, I'll have to see more how she shifts to and fro in the wind.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:55 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 218, Titus wrote:
Mini 1560 -- Titus pushing against Scum Slandaar

Stop it. Slandaar is the scum. A) He has a total lack of activity and is unapologetic for such. B) His posts are reactionary C) They are designed to be reactionary D) People are pushing other "lurkers" who objectively lurk less than Slandaar with nothing else to back up the case. E) When I talk bout Slandaar, no one has anything substative to say about him. That's indicative of scum waiting on town to decide.

Link
I couldn't push the case hard because I had work commitments (wound up subbing out). That was the gist of it though. However, the vig wound up shooting him and we won.
The difference in thinking levels between this quoted post and what Titus has been doing in this game just don't compare.

Bacde, what are you doing?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:23 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 15, Bacde wrote: Man this town is boring af
Emphasising he isn't being serious.
In post 29, Bacde wrote: Lol not gonna happen bub
Nervous laugh; same statement can be made without the lol.
In post 30, Bacde wrote: Lol i think you are taking page one a little too seriously
Again emphasis on the non-serious aspect of his posting.

If you want to get responses to a bad push at least you try to make it look serious.

Hence my post about watching Bacde. If he's a PR then that explains the 'weakness' to what he was doing otherwise hes scum.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:53 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 807, Mirhawk wrote: @Slandaar
I could buy TSO scum, I haven't seen anything out of him that make me feel like he's particularly town. But by the same token I haven't seen anything that makes me feel particularly like he's scum either. Do you have anything on him not meta related? I've never played with him before so I'm not sure what his regular behavior is like.
Eh.
In post 233, T S O wrote:idk Slandaar's play kinda feels like his scum meta for whatever reason.
I accuse him of never seeing my scum meta so the argument changes to;
In post 345, T S O wrote: Slandaar's maybe-scum, it doesn't feel like town-Slandaar.
It is very sly he doesn't acknowledge my post or reword his argument directly in response to me he just sneaks it in a lot later.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:07 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 807, Mirhawk wrote: I could go for Elise, I've had my eye on her since that chaoslord thing at the beginning of the game. I don't think any of her subsequent behavior is particularly scummy, but I don't think she's looking for scum very hard either. That business between her and reinoe had the smell of trying to look busy while avoiding the other wagons.
Please tell me this isn't a real vote.
In post 813, Wake1 wrote:
In post 812, Mirhawk wrote: Whats your take on the Elyse - Titus throwdown?
I've paid little attention to it. Elyse seems to be ignoring my presence, while my gut somewhat feels Titus is Scum. On the latter, I'll have to see more how she shifts to and fro in the wind.
You haven't done much to interest me aside from your claim. I think your frustration makes you lean town but I don't have much else to say.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:12 am

Post by Titus »

@Slandaar - Objection: Vague...what is the comparison?

Also I did link to scum you. Anyone could see your meta.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:30 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 817, Elyse wrote:
In post 807, Mirhawk wrote:
Please tell me this isn't a real vote.
Oh noees, Princess Elyse, who hasn't done shit all game, is faced with the reality that you can't sit in the corner and criticize other people all goddamn damn.
In post 817, Elyse wrote: You haven't done much to interest me aside from your claim.
Town try to understand players and get reads on them. Once again we have Elyse sitting on the sidelines trying not to draw attention. The only time she does anything to understand players is sort post 71. Then she spends nearly half her posts trying to challenge Titus on her town read on me. Which isn't actually scumhunting.
In post 817, Elyse wrote:I think your frustration makes you lean town but I don't have much else to say.
And yet when I have to get drunk just to address your posts you label me as scum. OBVIOUS DOUBLE STANDARD IS OBVIOUS. LYNCH HER PLEASE.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:31 am

Post by reinoe »

I meant to say "all goddman game" but "all goddamn damn" actually expresses my frustration more accurately anyway.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:58 am

Post by Wake1 »

Bacde, why do you think the potential Cop should claim, in order to test my claim? I think you know that that'd be damaging to Town, because Scum would very much like the Town Cop out in the open. In your next post you then reason that there may also be a Roleblocker if there's a Cop. It feels somewhat like back-tracking. Do you still think the possible Town Cop should claim?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:59 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 760, Titus wrote:the way he claimed it was indicative of sarcasm.
It was?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:04 am

Post by Titus »

Yeah Wake. It made me think you were a VT. The will you believe me now? Indicated that hey PR claimers Day 1 get away with murder, so I will claim to be one even though the claim is bad. No one ccs and we have a convo about scummy PR claimers

The tone's pretty commin to you but you foreclosed that.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:08 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 823, Titus wrote:Yeah Wake. It made me think you were a VT. The will you believe me now? Indicated that hey PR claimers Day 1 get away with murder, so I will claim to be one even though the claim is bad. No one ccs and we have a convo about scummy PR claimers

Not sarcasm. Frustration.
In post 823, Titus wrote:The tone's pretty commin to you but you foreclosed that.
That's news.
— House*
— Nosferatu*

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”